Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 321

Printer-friendly version

Easy Peasy Scratching Fleasies!
by >^^<
part:321

I retrieved my rodent and resisted the urge to strangle her. She was frightened after all. After putting her safe and remonstrating with the careless technician, a new one called Dennis- a right menace- I cleaned up the mess, which was on the front of my blouse and my bra, a little yellow stain on the white silk. I ran to the toilets and stripped off and washed the stain out - thankfully, it did wash out or that menace would have got a bill for a hundred and fifty quid. However, wearing a bra and blouse with a wet patch did not improve my temper.

Tom arrived a few moments after I'd got back, "I thought you'd be playing with your fur-balls."

"I got weed on again." I pointed to the wet mark on my blouse.

"I thought their pee was yellow," he said.

"It is, I just ran up and washed it."

"Ah, that would explain it then. Ready to go and see Stella?"

"I suppose so," I sighed.

"What's wrong now?"

"Nothing," I said and burst into tears.

"Geez, no wonder I usually work with men!" He muttered to himself but still put his arm around me. I sobbed on his shoulder, the stress of the day had taken its toll on me. He hugged me and patted my back. He really was like a father to me.

"I can't go and see Stella, like this," I sobbed, "I look a mess."

"Okay, you stay in the car, I'll pop in and say hello. If she's improving, you can go tomorrow. Okay?"

I nodded. I had a blanket in the car, so I should stay reasonably warm if he took half an hour or so. Tom drove my car, I sat silently in the front passenger seat, barely awake. I felt completely drained and only wanted to sleep.

We arrived at the clinic and Tom parked up. I made myself comfortable and locked all the doors of the car, Tom left the keys with me. In a few minutes, I'd wrapped the blanket around myself and made myself comfortable. I was asleep a short time later.

I awoke with a start, the knocking on the window alongside me made me jump. It took me a few seconds to work out where I was. Tom was standing by the car and banging the window, "Come on, Cathy, wake up, it's raining."

I slowly came to and could hear the rain pattering on the roof and windscreen. I unlocked the door and Tom dumped himself in the seat rather more quickly than I'd have anticipated he could.

"Sorry, I fell alseep." I apologised, yawning.

"I'd never have guessed," he laughed back.

"Yeah, whatever." I yawned again, and again.

"Feel better now?"

"No, worse if anything."

"Typical women."

"What?"

"I said, it's like a tropical storm out there."

"No you didn't." I didn't pursue the matter, if he wanted to tease me, it was okay, I was too tired to react.

"I get the distinct impression you won't be doing much cooking tonight."

"I'll cook something if you want me to," I yawned and had to repeat it so he could translate it.

"Nah, fancy a take away?"

"Not really, I'm not very hungry."

"Tough, now do I fancy a curry or a Chinese? Decisions, decisions!"

He started the engine and once the car was in motion, I slipped into a sleep again. I awoke with him shaking me and a smell of something savory and spicy. Curry - yuck! "Come on, sleepyhead, we're home."

"What? Erm, what?"

"We're home, I got a curry, a beef one for a change."

"That's what I can smell, I hope my car doesn't pong in the morning."

"Don't be daft, this is nectar, the food of the gods."

"Yeah, Hindu gods. I'm going to bed, I am knackered." He opened the front door and I staggered in and straight up the stairs. I was in bed less than ten minutes later and asleep a short time after that. I awoke at about six the next morning, my eyes were a little sore but I felt so much better. A shower woke me properly and I was down before seven. The smell of coffee told me Tom was up and his absence suggested he was out with Kiki. I'd missed him while I was in the shower, not hearing the door.

"Good lord, you're up early!" he said when he came in.

"Yeah, I feel much better."

"How was Stella?"

"Not very good. She sat and cried most of the time."

"Made a change from me then?"

"Just what I thought. Do you women have to cry, all the time?"

"We only cry when we're happy, sad, upset, content, tired, excited, pleased, disappointed - yeah, we cry all the time."

"What time are you going in?" he asked me.

"Soon, I have some marking to catch up on, and a tutorial to squeeze in somewhere, why?"

"I wondered if you could follow me to the garage and take me in to work after, I need some work doing on the Landrover."

"Yeah, sure." As we were about to leave I stopped and hugged him.

"What's that for?"

"Being you and saving my career yesterday."

"It was n..."

"Don't say it was nothing, because it was. Anyway, I appreciate it."

"Good, you can cook me a proper meal tonight then."

"Deal," I said and smiled at him.

"Good," he nodded, "Now just follow me and no clever dick driving, it's foggy out there this morning."

He wasn't kidding, it was quite thick in places and we passed several minor accidents, mainly shunts - why can't people drive to the conditions not their egos? We survived and I took him into the university.

One of the technicians called me to say Spike had had four babies, three girls and a boy. I was a granny for the umpteenth time.

up
135 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Good Old Tom

He is going to make a wonderful adopted Daddy for Cathy and Stella. They both need time to unwind. I wonder how Stella would like to have a dormouse around as a pet?
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Interestink...

Well, I'll comment now, if I can remember what it was. I added this to my favorites first, and wondered "huh" where's the comment boxes. Found the story again, clicked the link, and then wondered what was I going to say...

Oh yeah. Now I remember. Congrats to Cathy on being a Granny again. :-) More Bonzi food? Well, if we hear tomorrow that there are only 3 small mice... well, shall we say the evidence points to a certain feline contributor to the series...

Looking forward to more of this ongoing saga. :-)

Annette

Congratulations Spike

Love it, Cathy as a granny.

Sad to hear that Stella was out of it.

Just talk

Angharad - This story is just great knowing that as long as you have been writing it I bet it sometime is hard to keep the different subjects going and keep them interesting. Still enjoying very much! Thks! Richard

Richard

321--I'll stick to curry or chinese

And I'm not suggesting Cathy's cooking is bad, but take-away's don't exist near me.

Coo, just the thought of crispy Peking duck and Hoi Sin...

Yum.

NB

Jessica
I don't just look it, I really AM that bad...

Relations?

Just a thought but does that make Simon a grandad? and Tom a great grandad?......kirri {being very silly!!!}

Cathy

I'm glad she is getting back to work. Wait! A prediction, based on hamsters and their short life. It is now time for Spike to die from advanced old age. A new hamster mama will be adopted, and her name will be Stella.

duck, cover, and pee

Cathy must be dehydrated with all the crying she does.
Stella's worse ?

Cefin