Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 297

Printer-friendly version

Easy Queasy Done A Weesie.
by Angharad
part:300-3

I lay in bed listening to Simon's regular breathing, just being with him was a delight, or it was to me. Occasionally he would jump a little or snort, then he'd roll onto his back and start to snore. I'd push him back over on his side or allow to turn over and cuddle into my back, when he'd usually put his arm protectively around me, even though he was fast asleep.

I didn't think I'd ever want to be single again, the loss some freedom was worth it, so far at any rate. At the same time our work would normally mean we were apart much of the day, sometimes longer. I could cope with that, providing the work was enough of a distraction. At the moment and for the foreseeable future, it was fortunately going to remain that way.

I needed to get back to work and once I'd done all that was needed here, I would go back to my projects, one of which was that blessed film which meant meeting with Des. I wasn't sure how much that appealed to me, which probably meant not very much at all, the meeting not the film.

Somehow I must have drifted off while thinking about the film and Des, it wasn't the most pleasant of dreams, although maybe the term nightmare doesn't do it justice. The fleeting bits I recall were Simon and he fighting not over me but about a litter of cats. They ignored me anyway, and the cat I wanted wore boots, I know shades of Dick Whittington. But it was a dream, I hope.

The next morning, Simon was still with me when I awoke at seven. I nudged him to go and make the tea, which brought an unexpectedly vehement protest that it was my turn. I suppose it was, but that wasn't the point, that was that he should worship me by bringing me a cuppa in the mornings. I mean it's not that much to expect, is it!

Okay, tongue in cheek bit over, I reluctantly got out of bed and drew back the curtains, it was pretty well daylight. Simon groaned and turned over, mumbling something about coffee.

I pulled on my dressing gown and went downstairs to fill the kettle. I made some toast for both of us and took it and the tea and coffee back to bed.

Do not eat toast in bed, it makes the sheets all scratchy and macho men like Simon, whinge about it ever after. It's not my fault he forgot his jammies and he refused to wear some of my father's ones, even though they were brand new and had never been worn. I discovered he had some superstitions about dead people and things. Maybe he wasn't as much a sceptic and secularist as he liked to have me believe.

Simon is very deep and multi-layered and I have hardly scratched the surface. I don't pretend to understand him any more than I do any other man or many women for that matter. I think I understand dormouse behaviour better than humans.

We cuddled and played before finally committing to getting up, in my case it happened after Simon pulled the duvet completely off the bed and threw it down the stairs. If he hadn't been so heavy, I'd have done the same to him. The pig also beat me to the shower, so I had to kick my heels waiting to get clean.

While I waited, I read my emails, including one from Tom regarding Stella. She was now back home again and although a little frail, she seemed to be snapping back on the comments.

I was delighted to hear that Stella was bouncing back to her normal self, it was good to have her home, or it would be once we got home to Portsmouth.

I spent much of the morning ironing things which had been creased by the pressure of my wardrobes, or that I had recently washed. It struck me as absurd that my mother had a wardrobe at least twice the size of mine which was nearly bare, whereas mine was still fairly full?.

Maybe I needed to keep some of my stuff in her 'robe. I hung it all up after ironing and was ready to curl up and sleep for years. I couldn't understand why I felt so tired all the time. There was also some of Simon's stuff, but doing that was a pleasure more than a chore.

We were more than half way through February, traditionally February filldyke and it hadn't rained that much. Typical, get me back on my bike and it'll start.

That was my day, boring choring. the undertaker bloke rang, addressed me as Mrs Cameron and chortled. I called him, "Mr Death!" which he didn't seem to find funny. I told him I'd give an undertaking not to use that again. This time he laughed.

We did go for a walk and explored one or two childhood haunts of mine and the air was certainly fresh, but it was good fun and I just enjoyed walking on Simon's arm, especially past the Soames' house.

The enjoyment of the walk was somewhat lost when we discovered that the car had been vandalised while we were out. Some nice person had scratched 'queer' into it several times. We called the police, who were busy and eventually arrived, took some pictures and dusted for prints. It was going to cost some money to sort out.

I totally despise people like that, the vandals that is. I wanted to bang their heads together until they saw the light, not a very useful idea but it kept me calm.

up
136 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Was it Mad Margaret?

(With apologies to Messrs Gilbert & Sullivan) Anyway it's in Bristol not Basingstoke.

I wouldn't put anything past Mad Margaret, the bigoted old cow. A pity it ended on a sour note after the chapter started so sweetly.

Mai c'est la vie.

Hugs,
Gabi

Gabi.


“It is hard for a woman to define her feelings in language which is chiefly made by men to express theirs.” Thomas Hardy—Far from the Madding Crowd.

This French is becoming contagious

John said "pardon my French" the other day--although wrote none (curiously) and you even wrote me some French in your email. Now you're adding it in comments.

Isn't it me who's supposed to be going all Froggified?

Anyway, good one Ang. It won't be long I'm sure before the Russian Mafia is back on the prowl, burning cars require rescuing from screaming babies or mad sister-in-law-to-be's need poking with something sharp . . .

NB

Jessica
I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Vandalism

And now that it's started, does she think it's going to get any better over the next two years that she has to keep the house? Even if she is not living there and renting it out, its going to cost her a fortune to keep the condition up while the haters just keep tearing it up. And keeping it rented will be a problem since it will be torn up so often. Maybe the lawyers will let her break the lease and dump the family homestead. It would be a shame to have to sell it, but it's gonna be the only viable option.

It could be anyone

Anyone who knew of Cathy's past could have done it.By now probably most of the city knows her past.I don't believe running will help and if your unwillinging to stand up for yourself it usually follows you.Hopefully the bad people get caught or even better Cathy gets to catch them and give em a little pre arrest justice.Thanks for more than 297 enjoyable reads Amy

Unfinished Business

Could this perchance have any relationship to the mysterious letter-writer? I rather don't think an adult property-holder living in the same neighborhood would risk getting seen in broad daylight. Too easy to be identified, and too much to lose. A youth, possibly, as they tend to run a bit more to the impulsive side, but they still don't want to get punished so are more likely to strike at night.

Oh, well. It's time to break out a few quid and set up a security surveillance system on the house and car. Someone needs catching, and for someone who can track the elusive dormouse well enough to become the formost expert on the little dears, how hard can a lumbering human be?

Perhaps the young man ...

... that was run off at lunch... Maybe he didn't have the guts to see her in person, but is a tad "braver" when nobody else is around? it would be typical of a bully that got faced down.

More interesting stuff happening...

Sad end to a nice chapter

And if the UK police are anything like the US police the promise to investigate is completely meaningless. Something as mundane as a car being vandalized will go in the circular file very quickly.... ahh but that was lord cameron's car wasn't it. Maybe not so fast...

Time for Cathy

To make good use of her cameras again =)

I Believe That Whoever Did It Will Be

Found to be Margaret or one of her cronies. And with Cathy Being Tired all of the Time, she is pregnant. That would be a great way to announce chapter 300.
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Okay, what are you pulling on us, Ang?

I'd love it to be Stans reason, Cathy is tired becasue she is pregnant. IE she never was much of a man because she was undiganosed intersexed. She always did have a more typically remale body even before the hormone treatmens. And the hormone therapy developled her laten female sexual orgaan the surgon hooked them up but didn;t tell her for fear or getting up her hopes.

You can take a breath now.

Or, more likely a post sugical infection brought on by insufficent use if the stents and that night of ill concidered/unsatifactor intercouse with Simon. It could be depression, post SRS and at the deaths in rapid sucession of Mary, the student with aids, her dad and Stella's several near death incidents. Add in the Russian mob, the bitch neighbor and Cathy is on the verge of a breakdown as bad as Stella's. And she hasn't had a bike ride in ages or have the love of a ghost writing cat.

Or she is dong too much.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Cathy

What John said.

Just get the will fixed sell

Just get the will fixed sell the house and leave.
Don't need to sit there as some moving targets, do they?

This story have everything except aliens..
But I guess that is the next chapter?

If one doesn't count 'Elvis' of course.
She did say she was going to resurrect him, right?
Or was that some other fat cat?

ah well, woe wee we of little grey matter.
ah whatever :)

Cheers
Yoron.

Apologies

Angharad's picture

not the best episode I've written but I was so tired last night, I actually nodded off while writing it. When I looked at what I'd written it was gobbledygook, which proves I don't write them in my sleep. I obviously had to rewrite bits and it got late etc. So will try and do better tonight (if I can stay awake).

Angharad

Angharad

And not even awake?

Well, I liked this episode - I liked Cathy's insights into Simon, and I like the set up - something's not right health-wise with Cathy & there's a new nemesis on the scene, or an old one returned... the plot just keeps thickening!

Great job - cheers!

YW

He conquers who endures. ~ Persius

Did you see complaints?

Nothing to apologize about. Yet another episode in the ongoing saga of Cathy and friends. Some long, some short, some happy, some sad, some frightening, some soothing (??), some shocking, but all great to read.

If I were a betting person,

My money is Mrs. Soames and a few of her friends damaging the car. One I feel will turn out to be "jerk" Cathy pointedly forced down in the Pub. J-Lynn

The only thing wrong with

The only thing wrong with planet is the people on it.
Does Stella know what is in store for her ?

Cefin