Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 315

Printer-friendly version

Easy As Falling Off A Step
by Tripwire Bonzi
part: 315 (which is 21 x 15 for 15 or 21 fetishists)

I went to lunch with Tom, after Simon's rant against Des, I needed to be away from the office for an hour. Pippa came with us, so we went in my car to the usual place. Just to be different, Tom had a beef curry. He felt it showed his adaptability, Pippa had a chicken salad and I had my tuna favourite, thereby demonstrating, my consistency!

Tom offered to pay, and we let him thereby showing our shallowness and lack of adherence to feminist principles. I could almost hear Germaine Greer, telling me, 'That people died so I could pay for my own meal,' and me replying with two words, as she is not renowned for her support of the integration of transsexuals as women. I wondered if she was one of the immigrants to this country who got the illegal ones a bad name. At the same time I suspected we were stuck with her because I couldn't see Australia taking her back, or her front for that matter.

"A penny for them," said Pippa.

"What me? Nah, they're not worth even that."

"C'mon Cathy, what were you thinking about?" urged Tom.

"Okay, I was thinking about Germaine Greer," I blushed.

"What for?" said Tom, crossing himself.

"Who?" asked Pippa.

"An old bat who wrote, The Female Eunuch, a classic of feminist literature in its day." Tom beat me to the answer.

"She's an Australian academic, but lives over here now," I added.

"Why were you thinking about her?" asked Pippa.

"Dunno, I think she must have been on the telly or radio, recently." I was getting better at lying.

"She had a thing in The Guardian recently," informed Tom.

"Maybe it was that, I can't remember. Let's talk about something more pleasant."

Just then my nerves were shredded as a shrill squeal followed by 'Caffy' blasted my auditory and other nerves. It could only mean one thing.

I turned around and this thing sprang at me wrapping arms around my waist like a two armed octopus (a bipus?) capturing its prey.

"Hello Jemima," I said, though it was barely discernible above the giggles and squeals. "My goodness, haven't you grown?" I said rhetorically, but she answered me anyway.

"Mima gwowed wots an' wots. You still pwetty, Caffy."

"Thank you Jemima." I waved to her mother, who came over to rescue us from the mini-tornado. I reached into my pocket and pulled a pound coin and handed it to her, "Here, Jemima, take this and put it in your piggy bank."

"Mima no got piggy bank, me got bankicount."

"Okay, Jemima, put it in your bankicount."

"'kay, Caffy."

"Is this person bothering you?" said her mother as she approached us.

"Mummmmmmmeeeeeeeeeee," squealed Jemima, " 'sCaffy." My ears twitched as the noise destroyed my eardrums and large portions of my brain. Tom flinched and he's losing some of his hearing, even Pippa winced a little.

"I can see that, come on madam, let's be havin' you, leave these nice people in peace." Her mother took her hand and started to lead her away. Jemima showed her the coin. "Did you say thank you?"

She shook her head no, "Pudit in bankicount."

"Yes we'll put it in your bank account, now you say thank you to Cathy."

Jemima once again hugged my waist and bottom, "Fanks Caffy for der munny."

"You're welcome sweetheart."

We waited until she'd gone before readying ourselves to go back to work.

"She has quite a squeal on her," commented Pippa.

"That squeal caused Spike to somehow end up in the air conditioning," I told her.

"How do you reckon on that?" she replied.

"She fell out of the thing on top of me. Thank goodness we don't breed pigs."

Tom chuckled and added, "Wouldn't they have to be the flying variety."

I smiled as I recalled an advert from a few years ago with CG pigs flying to the music of '633 Squadron' of Ron Goodwin's most memorable tunes. I couldn't remember what it was advertising, but it was very funny.

We drove back to the university and I began the first of four scheduled tutorials with first year students. Next week, apart from Des complicating the issue, I also had to do some teaching. Thankfully, it was on field biology, where I was reasonably competent and when I was a student was informed along with the rest of my class, that field biology was not, 'having sex in the open air'. My then teacher thought he had a sense of humour, the remarks I got on my essays showed he thought the same about me.

When we got home I felt exhausted and after making a meal, slipped off to have a bath and an early night, however, on entering the bathroom all I could see was Stella lying semiconscious in pool of reddening water. I felt violently sick and threw up in the toilet. I wasn't sure I'd ever be able to take a bath again.

I went to bed thinking about her and how close she had come to succeeding in doing away with herself. I wondered how she was settling at the clinic and resolved to call her the next day, if my ears had recovered from the mini-banshee we encountered at lunch.

up
156 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Mima should learn mime

…ven Caffy's eers wouldn't suffer so.

But I suppose it loosens the wax.

I was wondering what happened to the banshee—I thought you might have banned she!

Fun episode Ang, except the ending brought me down to earth with a bump.

Hugs,

Gabi

Gabi.


“It is hard for a woman to define her feelings in language which is chiefly made by men to express theirs.” Thomas Hardy—Far from the Madding Crowd.

Oh No, Not The Banshee Child!!

That adorable urchin was needed to keep Cathy sane. But if she can't bathe again, won't she get a bit ripe? Hopefully, she can shower.
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Love that banshee child

There must be some future role for her beside a thorn in Cathy's side...or is that her ear? The bathtub thing at the end was sure a downer but felt so real. Exactly the kind of thoughts I'd expect from Cathy. Wonderful job Angharad.

Mima's back!

Hmmmm -

Wondering how this lovable little urchin fits into the greater scheme of things! Obviously Caffy has a weak spot for her, and she's a good judge of character, as we've discovered, so I'm thinking we'll find out that there's more to little Jemima than meets the eye....

Another great episode Ang, well balanced between the lightheartedness and the often stirring and disturbing realities that we all too often face in life.

YW

He conquers who endures. ~ Persius

Mima is a poster child

For retroactive birth control. Just when I think I'm actually beginning to mellow about kids, one of these turns up and reaffirms my belief that children exist to inflict pain on total strangers. And on the parents who would name a child "Jemima". TOBAL!

Relax people, I'm just joking.

Maybe . . .

Karen J.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

You think that Jemima will have...

... a younger sibling one day? Imagine the parents saying "The next one can't be so much work." And, of course, they certainly CAN.

That said - maybe when Jemima's 11-12, she'll have been settled down a bit, and Mom & Dad will have forgotten so much of the toddler issues while battling the pre-teen angst. They MIGHT... Well. YOU GUESS. :-)

Annette

Mima's Terrif

If she were to get a younger sibling, when that sibling grows up and has children, they'd better like pancakes.

For what it's worth

The flying pigs advert was by Zurich Financial Services for an online bank account. While the ad was good, the account wasn't so good. Nine months after the pigs took off, they crash-landed, as Zurich pulled the account with much embarrassment!

You can see the ad at http://www.visit4info.com/details.cfm?adid=3700&version=2

CAFFY!!!

It was nice seeing Jemma again. :-) Her mother is "amaizingly tollerent"... I'm amaized that the mother isn't in jail by now... For murder... Nahhh...

But, that kid - like so many - has two speeds RUN & Off (LOUD and silent volume control too).

I can't say that I blame Cathy for her reaction to seeing the tub. It points to her needing to "work through" a lot of things... I'm surprised she sees so little of her therapist, come to think of it.

Thanks Angharad.

Annette

I Fully Expect

that little banshee to show up in one of Cathy's classes one day years down the road to study field biology just like her 'Caffy' :)

Never let it be said that I don't enjoy the occasional delusion of grandeur

Never let it be said that I don't enjoy the occasional delusion of grandeur

No thanks

kristina l s's picture

You can keep her, Germaine I mean. I meant to read that book as a high school kid, never quite got around to it. Did try a few others of that ilk, akin to wading in waist deep mud. The basic ideals is fine, but dear me they do go on.
Oh, Mum can keep Jemima too. Is a bipus an offshoot of that blog?

Kristina

I am beginning to wonder

I am beginning to wonder whether Jemima might possibly be TG?

Just an interesting possibility? Hmmm.

Hugs

Hilary

I think Jemima means well...

But I fink that Caffy might well prefer to see the little angel at some distance...like three counties away, behind a locked door, perhaps in a branch of the bank where she has her bankicount...maybe in the safe with the doors bolted?

Sue

(I got a headache just reading it!)

Sorry I Was Gone So Long!

Sorry, but I've been sick. I'm somewhat better but still seeing the doctor. This is my first foray into BG and EAFOAB since #310.

It's great to be back and to see the story continuing. Thank you again, Ang!

Yours from the Great White North,

Jenny Grier (Mrs.)

x

Yours from the Great White North,

Jenny Grier (Mrs.)

Germaine v Jemima

Rhona McCloud's picture

Two great characters: Germaine who at first appears friendly but who, even reading this in 2014, I remember turned out to be the Wicked Witch of Downunder World versus Jemima the ultimate Force of Nature.

Rhona McCloud

Not germaine to the conversation.

Hey, as a lover of UK WW2 movies and novels, wasn't 633 squadron made up of Mosquito fighter/ bombers, staring Pat Robertson ?
Dam busters was my favorite. Got to go, I'm being Peppered.

Cefin