Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 396

Printer-friendly version

Easy As Oversleeping.
by Angharad
part: 33 doz.

I met with Stella who had already bought several items. “Someone’s having fun?”

“Oh yeah, but this is just a warm up. I’ve seen several things I want your opinion on, and some things you really need to try yourself. There is this just darling little dress in royal blue which is made for you.”

“Stella, I don’t need any new dresses at the moment.”

“Oh course you don’t, shopping isn’t about need, it’s about opportunism.”

“Is it? I thought it was about getting things you needed but didn’t actually have.”

“Nah, that utility shopping. That’s what men do, women go on expeditions, like sort of hunting but with a credit card.”

“I suspect I’d feel better shopping at the Horsefair.”

“What? There’s more?”

“Yes, we have several shopping areas, this, Horsefair and Cribbs Causeway–that’s one of those out of town shopping malls.”

“Is it far away?”

“No, not from here.”

“Well let’s go then.”

“Okay, but what about your little blue dress?”

“I’ve just noticed your eyes are green.”

“As far as I know, they always have been.”

“Come on, I don’t need your excuses.” With that, she bustled me back to my car.

It took half an hour to get to Cribbs Causeway. It’s a large site with most of the major chain stores there, including a huge Marks and Spencer. The first priority after parking was to find a loo. After that we decided it was close enough to lunch time to find somewhere to eat.

I had a Spanish omelette, Stella had a jacket potato with prawns and coleslaw. We washed the meals down with a bottle of still water–always sounds as if it’s going to mutate into something, like ice–no, it’s still water. The sparkling or fizzy water makes you burp and rots your teeth, so I always have still. Then I was going to order a cup of tea, but Stella began to get twitchy–it must have been at least forty minutes since she bought anything.

We did practically every shop in the mall. I did buy a new dress, a little black one–I know, every girl needs one, I now had two, suppose that makes me a girly girl. I don’t care, it was a very me dress, the dropped waist helped to emphasise my hips, which are a bit narrow and it had three quarter sleeves. It was made out of a very fine jersey material, so was a little clingy and the scoop neck was a little lower than I’d like, but it looked fine and will continue to do so as long as I don’t put on any weight. Maybe I should take it back–nah, Stella will kill me.

I bought Tom a tie with spaniels on it and I got Simon one with bicycles on. They were quite expensive, so I hope they appreciate it. I bought Stella a new bag and she–the rat, bought me a new pair of boots. They are exquisite, black knee length with a three inch stiletto heel. They were reduced in the sale, same as her bag. In fact the price was pretty much the same.

Finally, we were almost shopped out and went to Asda, a huge store. It’s part of the Walmart group. I got a few more food things and some more fuel, but the reason I came was to get some cheap paper for my printer. I bought two reams from their home and wear department and a new black ink cartridge. What a rip off–I decided, I needed a laser printer.

Stella looked absolutely bushed, and started to nod as I drove us home through the rush hour traffic. It endeared Bristol to me each time I got stuck in it. Thankfully, we didn’t have too far to go, although Stella was asleep by the time we got home.

“We’re there,” I said loudly and gave her a nudge.

“Oh don’t Paddy, I said no, didn’t I?” she said loudly, then stared at me blankly for a moment. “Cathy, what are you doing here?”

“I live here, remember, it’s my house.”

She looked around in part astonishment and part aghast. “Where am I?”

“Brissle, me dear.”

“Where’s Patrick?”

“Do you perchance mean, Dr Kelly?”

“Yes, you know I do.”

“I don’t Stella, you fell asleep, I just woke you now when we arrived home.”

“Are you sure?”

I wasn’t anymore, but rather than postulate about parallel universes, I decided to keep quiet. “I think so.”

“But it was so real, he was trying it on and I said no, but he wasn’t going to listen to me.”

My mood became more serious. “Has this actually happened or is it just a dream?”

Stella blushed and looked straight ahead, “Your garage door needs painting,” she said.

“Are you still seeing him?”

“I think black would be the best colour don’t you?”

“I haven’t even thought about it.”

“You should or it won’t keep the weather out.”

“It’s been like that as long as I can remember.”

“That’s no excuse, it needs doing.”

“Come on, let’s get a cuppa and I need a wee.” We unloaded the car and after dumping all the bags in the hall, I quickly scrambled into the cloakroom, I only just got my trousers down in time.

After tidying away everything, we had a cuppa but Stella avoided any mention of Dr Kelly. I could only presume that what she had dreamt was a rerun of a real event, in which case I felt very sad, primarily for her, especially if he forced himself upon her, but also for him as he seemed such a nice young man. Another demonstration of how appearances can be deceptive, I wondered?

05Dolce_Red_l_0.jpg

up
136 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

It was sorta nice to see...

Stella, the energizer bunny shopper, run out of steam shopping. But, I'm not sure if the "dream" was worth it. Though, Cathy finding out that the dreams are there was probably good.

One wonders if the dream actually happened, or Stella was merging Paddy and her abduction together... Or if the father of the aborted baby did it...

My opinion on someone that would force their attention on ANYONE... Sorry, I'll keep things clean for general audiences.

As to the ties... If the UK banking industry is anything like the US one, Simon'll be relagated to wearing the tie at home, to social events, etc... and not to work. *sighs* Soooo booring, are the acceptable ties. That said, the person that invented them, probably invented nylon stockings (in the summer) as well... And he was a sadist.

Thanks,
Annette

More to ponder

By the way the title says easy as faling off a bike instead of the usual easy as falling off a bike.Got to wonder what is up with Stella's dream and what it means for her and her sanity.Amy--"May your pen never run out of ink and your brain out of ideas"

We Will See What Happens Very Soon.

Chapter 400 is coming up and I am guessing that it will be a doozy of a chapter.
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Trying it on

Trying it on, is that British for the act of sex? Or could it be he was physically trying to wear something? Sorry it is the American in me. I didn't catch on until someone mentioned being forced into a sexual union which I too don't approve of since I would usually be on the recieving end.

Very good Angharad.

Hugs
Joni

Agreed

Not a phrase I'm familiar with either. Guess I kinda have a clue now, but I still may not fully understand.

KJT

"Being a girl is wonderful and to torture someone into that would be like the exact opposite of what it's like. I don’t know how anyone could act that way." College Girl - poetheather


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Yes, Please, More about Dr. Kelly or Any Other Romance!

I just **love** the romance stuff so more about Stella and Dr. Kelly or anything about any other couple would be so-o-o-o good!

Yours from the Great White North,

Jenny Grier (Mrs.)

x

Yours from the Great White North,

Jenny Grier (Mrs.)

Stella

Durn. I was hoping Stella could enjoy quality time with a decent guy. Better luck next time.

Wow you have Wally World Too ?

You gotta watch those smooth talking Irish.
Can't have too many shoes

I can't help thinking about

I can't help thinking about Stella and her PTSD thingy, getting kidnapped, tortured and all sorts of horrendous stuff, goes doolally, tries to kill Cathy and then every one rallies round with help.But, Cathy almost gets murdered, on top of everything else that has happened, then they send her home early. She goes back to hospital and eventually gets properly better, almost. She has a huge emotional breakdown and attacks Tom, whom she loves like a father and gets suspended. Not quite fair, I feel.

Claire Stafford