Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 244

Printer-friendly version

Easy As Falling Off A Bike
by: Angharad
part 244.

On the drive back to Dad's house, I called Des, fortunately he was there, I'd meant to do it the day before but got sort of side lined.

"Hi Des, it's Cathy Watts."

"Oh, hello darlin' to what do I owe this pleasure?"

"Simon and I have been up to see my dad and thought it would be super to say hello this evening if you're free."

"Dunno, I'm supposed to be out this evening."

"High Street Bank have asked me to talk with you about making a dormouse film."

"What?"

"You heard me. Are you still busy tonight?"

"Not anymore, where and when?"

"Where and when?" I asked Simon.

"Let's meet at a pub or restaurant, you can buy us dinner on your expense account," Simon replied.

"Can I do that?"

"Duh! That's what it's for stoooooooooooopid!"

"Can you think of a restaurant where we can talk and eat?" I asked Des.

"Who's paying?"

"I am."

"Why not that wealthy boyfriend of yours."

"No, this is my project."

"I thought you said the bank was involved."

"Look can you find us somewhere to meet and eat?"

"Okay, I'll call you back."

"What's happening?" asked Simon.

"He's getting back to us."

Simon and I chatted until my phone rang as we turned into the road in which I used to live.

"Hello?"

"Hi sexy, do you know the Harvester down by Parkway?"

"A Harvester?" I said catching a glance of Simon shaking his head.

"Don't complain, you said you were paying."

"Okay, what time?"

"Eightish?"

"Yeah okay, we'll be there."

"I'm not eating in a Harvester," said Simon pouting.

"Okay, you can watch Des and I eating."

"Bugger that for a game of soldiers."

"Look it could have been worse, at least he's made a reservation and their food is okay, just a bit basic."

He huffed and hawed as he parked the car, but eventually agreed he would deign to eat with us. The sacrifices some people make for others!

We spent the rest of the afternoon, sorting out Daddy's paperwork, actually Simon did, I did some housework and washing, trying to get it dry enough to take it back to the hospital tomorrow. Then we watched some telly and drank tea until it was time to freshen up before going off to meet Des.

"You looked really nice today," said Simon kissing me and smudging my lippy.

"Thank you, I try to look tidy for my dad."

"You don't have to reinforce the image, I think he's got the message by now."

"I'm confused," I blushed, "You tell me I looked nice then tell me off about it."

"Oh babes, I didn't mean it like that. I'm just jealous that you dress up for him but not me."

"Oh, I'm sorry. What do you think this is for then?" I indicated myself with my hands.

"For Dirty Des."

"Don't be silly, it's you that I love."

"I know presh, but I'm still jealous."

"What would happen if I dolled myself up in my sexiest lingerie before bed?"

"I'd get very frustrated."

"And why is that?" I asked with mock innocence.

"You know damn well why, which is why you're asking me. I am going to marry a virgin and that is you."

"Well in six weeks, the new arrangement is available for test drives, so perhaps you'd better marry me soon."

"You're the one who keeps saying she wants a career before marriage."

"True, but a girl can change her mind can't she?"

"So they say. Does this mean you want to get married sooner than later?" His face began to light up.

"Look dilating is a total pain, so sex has got to be better, hasn't it?" As I said it, I realised what I had just told him. I was about to explain when I decided, when in a hole stop digging.

"So is that all I am, a replacement for a dildo?"

"Erm, not exactly, that didn't come out quite the way I meant it." I was now blushing at several thousand degrees warmer than the surface of the sun. Or it felt that way.

"I think we'd better get going or Dirty Des will think we chickened on him."

I sat and said nothing, reminding myself that it was better to stay silent and be thought a fool, than to open my gob and prove it.

Des' Landrover was in the carpark and we parked well away from it. I suspect Simon would prefer we sat that far away from Des when we ate. My blush had subsided as we walked through the cool night air into the restaurant.

Des was sipping a pint when he saw us enter, he greeted us, shaking Simon's hand and hugging and kissing me, much to Simon's discomfort. The blush returned especially when Des asked, "So how is the world's most beautiful biologist?"

"I hope you get your facts more accurate when we make this film," I chided him.

"But it is accurate, isn't it Simon?"

"I happen to think so, but have to declare a vested interest."

"Me too, but then she is going to star in one of my films. See you're going to make her into Mrs Cameron, I'm gonna make her a film star."

"I'm going to make her Lady Cameron as you well know, I'm also going to make her happy. How is anyone going to be a film star from a documentary about bloody rodents?"

"Ah well, that would be telling, but I hope you have a nice bikini Cathy."

I felt my blush get a lot hotter.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Feel free to comment, or else! 8)

up
151 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Oh My Cathy, You Said A Mouthful

I am sure that Stella would be laughing herself silly if she heard what Cathy said to Simon on the way to see Des. Me, I would like to see Cathy and Simon marry soon so that we can see the wedding and Honeymoon. That event might very well take a month to tell properly.
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Just got in from work

KevSkegRed's picture

Just got in from work, a lovely way to relax, a cuppa and a chapter of my fave serial. Thanx Angharad, great read as always xxx

Kev [Ρĥàńŧāśĩ»ßő™], Skeg Vegas, England, UK.

KevSkegRed, Skeg Vegas, England, UK.

What a wicked web you weave!

You've really created a point from which the story could take off in different directions from here.Could Simon come to think of himself as nothing more than Cathy's rich stent?Will Simon and Cathy have a seperation leading to Cathy test driving her new equipment with Des?Or will Spike be the first one to find it during a news conference?Amy

Putting Simon in his place?

Or her place as the case may be! Too funny, Cathy's slip of the tongue - The whole Des situation is building up a nice level of tension - looking forward to seeing where this all leads!

He conquers who endures. ~ Persius

"but I hope you have a nice bikini Cathy."

Oh, wow! Hints of **very interesting** events to come? I eagerly await future developments.

Thanks again for doing this for me, I mean, us.

Yours from the Great White North,

Jenny Grier (Mrs.)

x

Yours from the Great White North,

Jenny Grier (Mrs.)

He can't be serious...

... can he? Des is just winding her up about appearing in his documentary in a baithing suit! Please tell me it's just a wind up!

But, nice episode. It was fun... I do wonder how fast a "society wedding can be put together... :-) I'd like to see it. You think we can all get invited?

Annette

Okays, comment....

Oh no Des is back! He's the type I really can't stand... XD It's okay though, it just shows how realistically you write the characters. =D I don't think I've said it before, but I think others have, and I'd have to say the way you write your conversations is pretty much the way they go in real life! Except not quite as funny! XD
Still loving this story, and I still have yet to catch up to where I stopped!

*hugs*
Alyson

Simon

Des may back off a little with Simon there. But then again, we'll see...

This will be interesting, their could even be a fight..

Just how old is Simon?

Just how old is Simon?
Cathy seems to always be dangling a prize just over Simon's fingertips.
There's that hole being brought up again.

Cefin

Simon's Age

If I remember correctly, Simon is 27 at the start of the story, he might be 28 at this point in the story, not sure.