Venus Cursed! - Chapter 23

Printer-friendly version
Venus_Cursed_4.jpg
by Saless
Chapter 23

The next day was largely the same, with Sarah staying home and playing games while Jill and Mike worked. She was just starting to get bored when they came in. After another pleasant night in Sarah had a quick chat with Erica and went to bed.

In the morning Sarah got ready for work with trepidation. She was eager to see what it was like at work without her three main tormentors, but she was also nervous about going back there after what happened. Mike was once again taking her to work, as she hadn't gotten a new driver's license yet.

"You ready?" he asked when she came out of her bedroom. She nodded, so they walked over to his car and climbed in.

"You okay?" Mike asked as he was putting on his seat belt.

Sarah shrugged. "I'm a little nervous, I guess. Monday was pretty crazy." She admitted.

Mike nodded and started the car. "Yeah, I guess it was. Even without the way it ended. If I'm late to pick you up today, stay inside, okay?"

"Sure." Sarah agreed. "I think I probably would have anyway."

When they arrived Mike insisted on going in with Sarah again. As soon as they'd entered the building Tiffany came running over. "Hey Sarah, how are you doing?" she asked.

"Fine." Sarah replied uncertainly.

"How have things been since Monday?" Mike asked.

"Busy! We've had to work overtime to make up for losing four people all at once like that. Everyone will be glad you're back Sarah, it'll take some of the pressure off of them." Tiffany replied.

Mike lingered like he had on Monday, but quickly saw that the atmosphere was completely different. A few people asked Sarah how she was, the rest just kept working. No one was showing the outright hostility that had been there previously.

"Here to make sure Sarah's safe?" Mr. Holsteader asked Mike as he walked up to him. "I don't think you have to worry about her anymore. I've made it clear to everyone that they would follow John and Bob if they gave her any trouble."

"It's like a different place, isn't it?" Mike replied.

Mr. Holsteader nodded. "I'm sorry I didn't see what was happening, but now things have really changed around here. I think everyone will benefit from it, especially once I've found replacements for those three."

"Was Kyle stealing from the store?" Mike asked curiously, remembering some of the things he'd said before being arrested.

"I think so, Tiffany's still going over the records. The way she's been frowning, I don't expect I'll like what she finds." Mr. Holsteader replied.

"I guess not. Well, looks like Sarah's in good hands here." Mike said. "I've got a judo class to teach." With that Mike left and Mr. Holsteader returned to his office.

Tiffany kept Sarah busy the rest of the day, helping her to go over the records whenever she had a break from her normal work. Sarah thought she saw Tiffany giving her odd looks when she thought Sarah wasn't looking, but she couldn't figure out what they were about.

Mike was early to pick Sarah up. He watched as she worked and was amazed at the difference. Sean had always hated his job, but Sarah almost seemed to be having fun! What a difference! I wish she'd talked to Mr. Holsteader a long time ago. he thought.

Once she'd clocked out Sarah walked with Mike back to his car. "How was it?" Mike asked.

Sarah grinned, "Great! I've never had a better day at work before! Tiffany is so much better to work with than John was."

"Somehow, that doesn't surprise me." Mike replied dryly. Sarah laughed in agreement.

Mike drove them home and they walked in to find Jill already at work on dinner. "Want some help?" Sarah asked.

"Sure." Jill agreed. Mike returned to the living room while they worked on dinner. "So how was your day?"

"Best workday ever!" Sarah replied with a grin.

Jill smiled back, "I'm glad to hear that. At least something good has come from this, right?"

Sarah nodded thoughtfully, "Yeah, I guess it has."

"So I suppose you'll want to get back to finding yourself a cure, right?" asked Jill.

Sarah nodded, "Of course! I haven't found a good story to use yet, but I will."

Jill nodded, but frowned when Sarah wasn't looking. They worked in silence after that until dinner was ready.

After dinner the three of them spent the rest of the evening reading again. They didn't find anything that night. "We'll find something soon." Mike said. He said goodnight to Sarah and Jill gave Sarah her customary goodbye hug.

Sarah was eager to talk to Erica and hurried home. She booted up her computer and logged on, but Erica was late. She started a load of laundry while she waited. Erica still wasn't on, so she got ready for bed. By the time she was ready Erica had finally logged on.

SeanDreamer has logged on
Erica378 has logged on

<SeanDreamer>: Hi Erica, everything OK?
<Erica378>: Yeah, sorry I'm late. How was work?
<SeanDreamer>: Great! Tiffany kept me busy, but it was still great!
<Erica378>: So no more harassment? No more name calling or shoving or anything?
<SeanDreamer>: Nope! It was almost fun! :)
<Erica378>: That's wonderful!
<SeanDreamer>: They still keeping you really busy?
<Erica378>: Yeah, but that's not why I was late. I was getting ready for Christmas break.
<SeanDreamer>: When are you going to your parents?
<Erica378>: Classes are over until after New Years after tomorrow, but I'll use the weekend to get ready to go and finish up my work. I'll be there Monday.
<SeanDreamer>: Tell them hi for me.
<Erica378>: Will do! Tell Mike and Jill hi for me!
<SeanDreamer>: OK! I love you!
<Erica378>: Love you, too! Bye!
<SeanDreamer>: Bye!

Erica378 has logged off
SeanDreamer has logged off

Sarah sighed as she thought about Erica going to her parents. She hadn't been back to her own parents for a couple of years, not that she minded. They were always getting on her case about college. Erica's parents were another story. They always treated Sean like their own, but without the nagging. She wondered briefly what they would think of Sarah, but she hoped they'd never have to meet her.

Shaking her head to clear her thoughts she powered down her computer and climbed into bed.

Sarah awoke refreshed in the morning and quickly got ready for the day. She checked to make sure her laundry was dry from the night before, then hurried out to meet up with Mike. He was just leaving his apartment when she got there.

"Wow, someone's up early today! Usually you're a lot slower getting up in the morning." Mike commented.

Sarah smiled, "I slept well, I guess. Ready to go?"

"Sure." Mike replied, unlocking his car. They climbed in and drove over.

"I don't think you need to come in today, Mike." Sarah said when he started to get out of the car.

"Oh, yeah, I guess that's been taken care of." Mike said with a chuckle. "Have a good day!"

"You too!" Sarah called back as she closed the car door. Mike drove off with a wave, which she returned before walking inside.

"Sarah, I'm so glad you're here!" Tiffany called out, rushing over to her. "We've got a new hire to train, can you hold down the fort while I do that?"

"Uh, sure, I guess." Sarah said uncertainly.

"Thanks!" Tiffany said with a grateful smile, rushing off again. Sarah shook her head in bemusement and clocked in. She checked in with everyone and got to work. She'd filled in for John a couple of times when he was on vacation or sick, so it wasn't completely alien to her.

Sarah saw Tiffany escorting the new girl around several times, but she was too busy to stop and talk. The day went by quickly, but Sarah felt invigorated instead of worn out.

"Everything go okay?" Tiffany asked when they met at the time clock.

"Sure. It was busy, but nothing unusual." Sarah replied while clocking out.

"Good, Tina's coming along great, so I'll be able to leave her with you on Monday." Tiffany said happily.

"Great." Sarah said sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

Tiffany laughed, "Don't be like that, she's nice. I don't think you'll have any problems with her."

Sarah said goodbye to Tiffany and walked over to the entrance to wait for Mike. She caught Tiffany giving her a strange look, but Tiffany looked away and hurried out when she saw Sarah looking.


 
To Be Continued…


up
104 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

nice break

Saless,

This installment was liue a breath of fresh air for Sean/Sarah. I hope John, Bob and Kyle are really history. I like how you are developing the story. Is it time for Erica yet? Will she surprise Sean/sarah on Holiday break? How does Tiffany fit into the picture? Saless, inquiring minds want to klnow. Will some answers come in the next posting?

I'menjoying you r story. thank

Hugs,
Trish-Ann
~There is no reality, only perceptions.~

Hugs,
Trish Ann
~There is no reality, only perception~

You'll be learning more

You'll be learning more about Tiffany soon, I'm working on a side story involving her that will give you a little more information about her. For the rest, you'll have to wait and see! ;)

Thanks Trish-Ann! :)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Could Tiffany

Be a witch like Samantha from Bewitchd, or a Jeannie from I Dream Of Jeannie? Could she have been cursed?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

I'm working on a side story

I'm working on a side story with Tiffany that I'll post once the timing with the main story is right. That should begin to answer your questions.

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Actually, Jeannie was

Actually, Jeannie was a genie rather than a witch. I'll admit that, as that show went along, she wound up performing more magic of her own volition as opposed to merely granting wishes (as she was supposed to); but, still, there is a difference between her and Samantha Stevens (as opposed to Samantha from Sue Brown's delightful Changes here at BC/TS) in as much as what they were capable of doing.

Jenny

Jenny

So you worked in Tina, and what's with Tiffany?

Why is Tiffany looking at Sarah so odd?

Does she know something has changed, does she have some magical abilities and knows Sean/Sarah was a man but is now clearly a genetic girl and a pretty one at that? Is she interested in girls?

Susan's recollection of her, well his, poor relations with his parents and Erica's parents friendly relations with him is interesting. Susan is reasonably sure Erica's parents would be nice to her -- though is that as Erica's friend or Erica's lesbian lover? I wonder as reality continues to change from the curse if Susan's relations with her parents will be the same, better or worse?

What book will she use next to inspire a trip? Say a visit to Circe in The Odyssey? A very powerful sorceress, probably greater than Merlin. Some legends have her as part god but is that enough and she is fickle, so fickle and likes to turn men into pigs ... and yes I know that's practically no change at all for some ...Ha ha!

Eventually short of visiting say Jesus, and getting his blessing she will have to find that same book or another of the same printing and revisit Venus. I doubt if Yoda and all the Force could restore Sean or for that matter the medallion of Zulo or even a MAU, Venus is simply that powerful.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

So you caught that...

Yeah, I couldn't resist using that name. As for Tiffany, we'll find more about her in time. ;)

Saless

P.S. You really like the name Susan, don't you? ;)
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Sorry about that ...

I mean Fred... Sarah!

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Tiffany Doesn't Need...

Tiffany doesn't need any magical reason to look at Sarah oddly, she just needs to be observant.
One, Tiffany could be wondering about the sudden changes in Sarah's height, figure and/or bone structure. (Or)
Two, Tiffany could be wondering about Sarah's lack of grooming since she doesn't use make-up or style her hair.

BTW, I think a MAU might work. For anywhere from 5 seconds to 5 hours :), the curse would likely revert the change back in time if it wasn't neutralized first (might work for awhile though).

However, if Sarah has the money a possible short-term fix would be a bodysuit. While she wore it she could act like her old self, thou her basic form would likely remain female. Fast-acting nanotech might work part of the time as well, but it would likely get into a war with the curse changing her back and forth at odd times.

Good to see

Hi Saless
Good to see that Venus Cursed is going to be with us for a while(i've been reading your blog !!) but on the downside i guess that means we'll have to wait a little while longer to see if Sarah ever finds the right story!.... Not that i'm complaining too much...With your talent for storytelling the journey to finding what Sarah most wants !!! is sure too be filled with many more twist and turns....

Hugs Kirri

Thanks Kirri! :) I hope you

Thanks Kirri! :) I hope you continue to enjoy it!

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America