Venus Cursed! - Chapter 42

Printer-friendly version
Venus_Cursed_4.jpg
by Saless
Chapter 42

After the movie Erica turned to Sarah and said, "You haven't told your parents about this, have you? That's why you're not going to see them for Christmas, right?"

Sarah shrugged, "I probably wouldn't have gone anyway. We don't really get along. And I'm certainly not going back now!" Sarah finished with a shudder.

Ah! So that's why you hide from yourself! Why don't you tell Erica about that?! Vash exclaimed, giving Sarah a momentary headache.

Ow! What are you talking about?! Sarah replied angrily.

*Sigh!* Why am I not surprised? You humans are entirely too good at blocking out entire portions of your psyche from yourselves. It's a wonder you don't all have multiple personalities! Vash grumbled.

What?! Sarah asked, bewildered.

I'll give you an example you'll actually listen to. Mike. He's a nice guy, right? Always considerate of others and all that? Vash sent.

Sure, what are you getting at? Sarah thought.

He's also very protective of those he cares about, like you and Jill. He'll fight to protect you without a second thought, even if it means killing someone. How is it he can hurt people, even kill them, without crippling guilt? Vash asked.

Because he's protecting someone else. What's the big deal? Sarah replied.

The 'big deal' is that you are also a kind and considerate person, though you don't show it as much. Yet hurting others causes you a great deal of guilt and pain. This is consistent with your personality, but Mike doesn't have the same issues. It's like he's two completely different people as needed. Most of you humans are like that, to at least some degree. I find it astonishing that more of you don't break down completely trying to reconcile such conflicting parts of yourselves. Vash explained.

Maybe you don't understand humans as well as you think you do. Sarah said.

Maybe. he replied, and fell silent.

"Are you talking to Vash again?! Being left out of the loop is getting really annoying." Erica griped.

"Sorry, I can't help it. If he could talk to you, I'm sure he would. He'd probably talk your ear right off, in fact. He has some weird ideas about people." Sarah said.

"Like what?" Erica asked.

"He thinks we're all one step away from going insane, or developing multiple personalities or something." Sarah replied vaguely. She faintly heard Vash grumbling, That's not what I said and you know it! but ignored him.

"That's weird." Erica agreed. "So, how are you going to deal with your parents?"

"By avoiding them until I've changed back." Sarah replied resolutely.

Erica rolled her eyes, "Oh come on! What about when they call? My parents call me every week or two!"

"My parents don't call. We don't get along, remember?" Sarah said.

"Why not?" Erica asked. "You've never explained that."

Sarah shrugged, "I'm just not what they hoped for, I guess. Not choosing a major hasn't helped any, but they've never been all that pleased with me."

"I don't know how you can be so offhand about it!" Erica said.

"I'm used to it. It's no big deal." Sarah replied.

"Yes it is! Once you're back to yourself we're going to go see them and get this straightened out!" Erica declared.

"No! You'll just make it worse!" Sarah protested. "Just leave it alone, it doesn't bother me. Really."

"But…" Erica began, but Sarah cut her off.

"No. Leave it alone." She said. Erica was surprised at how Sarah was standing up for herself, but so pleased as well that she let it drop.

"So what's in that freezer of yours?" she asked, changing the subject much to Sarah's relief.

"I've got a few containers left of the last concoction I made. Mike and Jill seemed to like it when I made it for them." Sarah replied.

"What's in it?" Erica asked.

"Oh, lots of stuff. Onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, ground turkey, peppers, garlic, celantro, rosemary, oregano, and whatever else I can find fresh that seems to fit in. And cheese, of course!" Sarah said.

"Of course! I know how much you like cheese. You used all fresh ingredients? I haven't seen you do that before." Erica said.

Sarah nodded, "Yeah, the first time I did it was mostly to see how much difference it would really make. I don't do it often though, because I'm lazy and don't like having to go shopping for each meal. Most of that stuff doesn't last long at all."

"So how much difference did it make?" Erica asked.

"Quite a bit, actually. I always thought all the fuss about fresh ingredients was exaggerated, but it was a lot better. I always make a lot because it's a lot of trouble, so I can make it last a long time." Sarah replied.

"Sounds good, let's warm it up." Erica suggested. Sarah pulled out two containers and, after adding a little more cheese, popped them in the microwave.

After dinner and a quick clean up they returned to the living room. "I'll be right back." Sarah said, and went to her room. Opening the closet she brought out a small wrapped package and returned to Erica. "Merry Christmas!" she exclaimed, holding the package out to her.

Erica's face lit up in a smile as she took the small box and unwrapped it. Her smile widened as she opened the box and found a locket with a picture of herself with Sean taken during the summer. The inscription read, "I'll always love you, S." Sarah helped Erica put it on.

"Thanks Sean, I love it!" Erica exclaimed.

"I'm glad," Sarah said with a sad smile, "I just hope it's not the last time you see that face."

Erica pulled Sarah down onto the couch and kissed her passionately. Sarah lost herself in the kiss, but the feeling of Sarah's breasts against her own reminded Erica of her situation and she pulled back awkwardly. "Sorry." She mumbled.

"Why?" Sarah asked brokenly.

"You're a girl." Erica said as if it explained everything.

"So? I love you." Sarah said with tears in her eyes.

"I love you too! It's just…I don't know!" Erica said in frustration. "Argh!" she exclaimed as Sarah ran crying from the room. She ran after her, but found the door closed and Vash standing in front of it, hissing loudly at her.

"Get out of the way Vash!" Erica said, stepping towards the door. Vash hissed again and growled, a surprisingly deep and threatening sound for such a small creature. "Why are you trying to stop me?" she said.

Vash gave her a look that somehow conveyed his annoyance with her. Then he tossed a small rock into the air and stared at it as it flew slowly towards Erica. A distortion appeared in the air and struck the stone, propelling it much quicker at Erica and striking her in the forehead.

"Ouch! What was that for?!" Erica complained.

Vash growled again, sounding more like a mountain lion than the small furry creature he was. He glanced back at Sarah's bedroom door and then at Erica with another look that promised mayhem if Erica didn't back off.

Erica slouched against the wall in defeat. "Okay, you're right, I screwed up! But he's a girl right now! Do you have any idea how uncomfortable that is for me?! It's like he's an entirely different person! He doesn't even act the same way, though some of it's an improvement." She said. Vash replied by pointing back towards the living room with one paw and hissing again.

"Okay, I get it! I'll leave him alone for a while." Erica grumbled. Vash hissed again, and Erica hurried back to the living room and plopped onto the couch. "Damn furball!" she complained with tears in her eyes.

Erica laid down on the couch and cried. I've really screwed up, haven't I? she thought, But he's a girl! I'm not into girls, am I? I never have been before! But it felt right for a moment…

A couple of hours later Mike and Jill entered the apartment to find Erica fast asleep on the couch. "Wonder what they were doing that she fell asleep so early?" Mike wondered aloud.

"Well it's not what I thought they might be doing, or she wouldn't be alone." Jill said with a frown. Vash? Are you here? she sent.

I'm here. Things have been…interesting, in your absence. They had a falling out of sorts and both fell asleep crying alone. I tried to cheer Sarah up, but I don't think I accomplished much. he replied.

What about Erica? Were you able to cheer her up any? Making her happy is usually a good route to making Sarah happy. Jill thought to him.

I can't, she's a Null. I managed to convey to her that she should let Sarah alone for a little while, but that's the best I could manage. Vash explained.

A null? What's that? Jill asked.

It's why the wizard's attack didn't do anything to her, and why we can't sense her thoughts or emotions. To magic and psionics she doesn't exist. Vash replied.


 
To Be Continued…

up
90 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Interesting...

Now both Sarah and Erica need to think things through. With your cast of characters, you sure keep things spicy. Vash seems to be taking up the role of Counselor, ala Troi of Star trek Next Generation.

Can't wait to see what you'll cook up next.

Hugs,
Trish-Ann
~There is no reality, only perceptions.~

Hugs,
Trish Ann
~There is no reality, only perception~

Thanks Trish-Ann! I hope I

Thanks Trish-Ann! I hope I don't disappoint!

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Sarah and Erica

I so hope that Erica can accept Sarah as she is now. I have a strong feeling that once Sarah accepts her femininity and can change back that she will realize that her life is better as a woman. Even if she changes to Sean once in a while, I cannot see her doing it full time.

SuZie

Wouldn't everyone's life be

Wouldn't everyone's life be better as a woman? ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

One might think so...

But Chastity Bono obviously disagrees.

By the way, what is his male name? He makes the news, but everyone insists on using his old name. I have to admit that it's hard sometimes to remember to use the right pronoun.

I heard his name

But I forgot. I'ts something like Bonzi or something

Bonzi?

You mean that cute little girl turned into a handsome black tomcat?

What's the world come to?

Where's the un-conditional love? In the future of their relationship, I presume.

Luckily, it hasn't got out of hand like in this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFEXNKplqVU

Faraway

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Nice song, thanks for the

Nice song, thanks for the link!

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

What Have You Done

First of all, credit where its due Saless, another great chapter. Secondly Faraway, cool on the video link, I've been trying to find that song since I read the lyrics in "The Devils Dance" story in the Whateley Academy universe, It's the first song Sarah Waite sings at the Halloween concert. I hadn't though of looking on youtube.

That song reminded of another that shows a point I, and I'm sure others, hope the relationship between Sarah and Erica doesn't reach. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Syphwc5Flc

Though, listening to it again, part of the chorus is chilling in how the wording plays into this story.
"Why, why does fate make us suffer?
There's a curse between us between me and you"

The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once - Albert Einstein

A nice song as well.

Funny thing - I have found this song in that same story, can you believe it?! And it was the fourth link when I Googled 'what's the world come to'.

Faraway

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Wow, another great link! I

Wow, another great link! I didn't realize the song Faraway linked was the one Sara sang in The Devils Dance, now I'll have to read it again to find the lyrics! ;) I love how everyone's rooting for Erica and Sarah to stay together! ^_^

Thanks eraser!

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

I'm not actually rooting for

I'm not actually rooting for Erica and Sarah.

Erica, from what we've seen, doesn't seem all that nice, nor particularly able to adapt to change or things that conflict with her world view. As a point of backstory, she and Sean had a supposedly healthy relationship before this story started, but nothing in the IM messages have fleshed her out or supported that, beyond some sappy clichés [I'm speaking of the IMs, not your writing]. Now that we've seen her in person, it seems the gulf between her and Sarah is much wider than just Sarah's curse.

I think the resolution I'd be happiest with is if Erica and Sarah amicably moved on with their separate lives, and Mike, Jill, and Sarah evolved into a polyamorous relationship. I suspect the resolution that's coming involves Tiffany, somehow, though. In any event, it'll be fun to see where you take it.

Mir

I can understand that.

I can understand that. Erica hasn't exactly seen a lot of screen time, as it were. To be honest, my original plans have changed enough that I'm not even totally sure what will happen with them! So we'll all see what happens together, I guess. ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Unconditional love

does not imply unconditional lust. If my wife were to turn into a guy, I would still love her, but I wouldn't be able to maintain our physical relationship.

Having said that, I have to agree that Erica was less than sensitive.

What If?

Sarah was to slap Erica? Would Erica's null power cancel the curse?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

That would be convenient,

That would be convenient, but if it was that simple I think some of those others they've gone to might have had more success... ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Being a null

NoraAdrienne's picture

could possibly be a good thing for an attorney. There's no way they can be magically forced to do something against the best interests of their clients.

I hadn't thought of that

I hadn't thought of that angle, but you're quite right! I can just see someone with mind powers trying to befuddle her and she wouldn't even know he was trying. Imagine the frustration! ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

If that's the case

She should get some kind of sensor with visual output that detects active mind powers and the like. This way, not only she will not be affected, but she will also know for sure that something was seriously wrong! I can think of a scenario when her actions are overriden by someone who actually was affected by that mind power, and she uses this knowledge to make things go her way.

Faraway

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Plus she could pretend to be

Plus she could pretend to be affected, always a nice trick.

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Null huh?

Frank's picture

So that means she can't be changed either, so if Sean is Sarah forever, it is lesbian love or sisterly..

Hugs

Frank

Kind of puts a cramp in the

Kind of puts a cramp in the Erica becoming Eric and them living happily ever after idea some have suggested, doesn't it? ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Great Chapter Saless the

Great Chapter Saless the story is shaping up really well.

One thing I am interested in finding out is what Sarah is afraid Jill will know when she is able to read her mind as I am not sure it will just be that Sarah does'nt really want to be male again, could Sarah have a secret thing for Mike or some other guy and will slapping Erica fulfil that need hhhhmmmm.

Megumi :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

I'm glad to see there are at

I'm glad to see there are at least a few things no one has guessed yet! ;) That's one of the big secrets that I'm keeping quiet about for now. Other issues will be resolved before we get into that, and more will probably be introduced.

Thanks Megumi! ^_^

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

To find the answer...

they must first ask the question.

So, we are hitting the crux of the matter -- and maybe finding something hidden about Erica.

It felt right? I'm not surprised, considering that they have a bond. Also, considering how forceful Erica tends to be, she may well have lots of male tendencies (maybe even borderline TS.) Maybe she's unknowingly attracted to Sarah's feminine side.

The emotional attachment doesn't necessarily imply a physical attraction. That is, she may be attracted to the feminine side that everyone else seems to detect, but still be attracted to the masculine physical appearance.

Still, she doesn't want a pushover. She considered Sarah's increased assertiveness to be an improvement.

What we have here is a couple who do not know themselves very well. If they were honest with themselves and each other, they would both accept Sarah as Sarah, and then Sarah could become Sean at will.

Time to get out the clue-by-four, as Saless said. It looks like it will be wielded by Vash.

Did anyone notice that Erica is the one who started the make-out session? It was only when she stopped to wonder what she was doing that she stopped. Her natural self felt right about it.

I think it's hilarious that Vash beaned her in the head. Where did he get the rock, anyhow?

It's funny, but Vash was the

It's funny, but Vash was the least fleshed out character to start with, but I've been looking forward to introducing him from the start. It was hard to pace myself and go through all the intermediate steps that had to be gone through before bringing him in. I almost jumped the gun a few times before reigning myself in. But Erica needed to be there to protect Sarah, and Sarah needed the fireball ability to protect them all. And she wouldn't get that until Erica arrived unexpectedly and she freaked and went through the portal by herself. All the stuff leading up to this has been important, but I'm glad I've got it out of the way so I can play with Vash! ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America