Venus Cursed! - Chapter 91

Printer-friendly version
Venus_Cursed_4.jpg
by Saless
Chapter 91

They were kept too busy to talk more after lunch, until their afternoon break. “Sarah, why don't I drive you home today? Mr. Keller said I don't need to pretend to spy on you guys anymore, so there's no reason why I can't.” Tiffany said.

“That's not a bad idea. I'll call Erica.” Sarah replied, and proceeded to do so. After a short conversation she said goodbye and closed her cell. “All set!”

“Great, it seems silly to have Erica drive out here to pick you up when I'm here and have my car here.” Tiffany said.

“I guess it is. By the way, do you like to cook?” Sarah asked.

Tiffany gave her an odd look and said, “Not especially. I have to cook for myself all the time, so I'm comfortable enough with it, but it got boring fast.”

Sarah smiled, “How would you like to help me cook dinner for everybody then?”

“I don't want to mess it up...” Tiffany weakly replied.

Sarah waved that away, “You won't mess it up! Now if you were as bad as Mike, that would be a different story! If you're lucky, he only burns everything he touches!”

Laughing, Tiffany said, “He's not really that bad, is he?”

“Oh, he is! He's even started a fire in the microwave three times! That's why we don't let him cook.” Sarah replied.

“Wow! But what about Kelly?” Tiffany said, realizing her plan to take Sarah home might not be such a good one after all.

“Erica thought of that, too. She suggested we pick her up on the way.” Sarah replied.

“Okay. While we're there, I have some things that I would like to move to that empty world if you don't mind. Especially now that I've got Kelly there with me.” Tiffany said.

Sarah shrugged, “Sure, no problem. Are those knives one of the things you want to stash there?”

“Yes, I'm hoping I won't be able to call them to me from there. I figure they could still be useful, but I don't think I want to have such easy access to them all the time.” Tiffany replied.

“I can understand that.” Sarah agreed. Their break was over then, so they went back to work. Afterwards they climbed in Tiffany's car and she drove them over to her apartment.

“You know,” Tiffany said as they got out of the car, “it seems a little silly sometimes, you getting a ride to and from work. I mean, you could get there instantly with your portals!”

Sarah shrugged, “Sure, but then I'd have to worry about making sure nobody saw me going either way, and sooner or later someone would wonder how I got to work without a car. It seems silly to me sometimes, too, but what can you do?”

Tiffany nodded as she unlocked the door to her apartment and held the door for her. They found Kelly lying on the couch watching TV. “Kelly, we're going over to Sarah's for dinner, if you like.” Tiffany said. Kelly glanced at them and nodded, then went back to watching TV.

Sarah shook her head. Classic Dad, always glued to the TV when he doesn't have anything else to do. she thought. She followed Tiffany up to her bedroom, where Tiffany dug out a bag overflowing with golden objects, a few stray pieces, two swords, and a cloak, which had been covering the rest, from under her bed. “You hid it under your bed?” she asked, trying not to laugh.

Tiffany smiled sheepishly, “Yeah, I know it's lame, but I didn't know what else to do with it. Though I was thinking of selling some of it on Ebay. I could split the money I get with you guys, since I wouldn't have it without you anyway.”

“You don't need to do that. After all, we can always go back to the tomb and pull more out. That's not a bad idea, in fact. I could use the money, I've drained my account dry buying clothes, but I really don't have all that much yet. And I really don't have much in the way of shoes.” Sarah said thoughtfully.

Shaking her head and laughing Tiffany said, “So all that reluctance to wear women's clothes was just an act, huh? You'd make a good actor!”

“I don't know about that; I didn't really have much choice in the matter. I had to learn to act like a guy, or at least not act like a girl, just to survive.” Sarah said sadly. Shaking her head she said, “I'll help you carry that.” and opened the portal to the empty world.

Changing the subject, huh? I think I'll have a talk with Erica about getting Sarah some serious girl time. I think she'd enjoy that if she let herself. It's a good thing we're moving these knives, I'm getting mad again about what Sarah's father did to her! Tiffany thought as she followed Sarah through the portal.

“Oh, didn't Vash want to see that ring?” Sarah asked as they were setting down Tiffany's loot.

“Oh yeah, I forgot about that! Here it is.” Tiffany replied, lifting up the ring she'd gotten off of the second mage. “Do you think I should leave everything here?” she asked, pointing to her black diamond pendant, obsidian ring, and pulling back her sleeve to reveal her bracers.

Sarah thought for a moment and then said, “I think the pendant and ring are safe enough, but the bracers would attract attention if anybody ever saw them. On the other hand, it's winter, so you can get away with wearing long sleeve shirts all the time. I'm really not sure.”

Tiffany frowned in thought and then pulled her sleeve back down. “I'm going to keep the bracers with me. This,” she said, pulling the pistol out, “I'll leave here!”

Sarah's eyes widened in surprise, “You've been carrying that around with you?! Is that what I think it is?”

Tiffany nodded, “Yep, I got this from the Skylark universe, complete with exploding bullets. Here's the extras.” She dug in the bag and pulled out the box of ammunition. It was a lot smaller than the box they'd given to Erica.

“You two and your guns!” Sarah said ruefully.

“Hey, following you guys around is dangerous business! I should really get some non-explosive rounds for it, though. Explosive bullets are great, but they're useless in close quarters.” Tiffany replied.

Sarah insisted on keeping all of Tiffany's stuff separate from the rest, even though Tiffany thought she should share with the others. “Erica was right, we really shouldn't be trading stuff around too much, or we won't know how to use any of it well. Besides, most of your stuff is Shadowkin specific, so it wouldn't do us much good.” Sarah said.

Tiffany finally gave up and they returned to her apartment. Kelly was still glued to the TV and hadn't even noticed their absence. She was wearing the clothes Tiffany bought her the previous day, except for the shoes. Tiffany turned off the TV and said, “Get your shoes on, it's time to go.” Kelly grumbled about missing the end of her show, but threw her shoes on and followed them out to the car. She didn't say anything to Sarah and seemed to be avoiding looking at her.

Sarah asked Kelly how she was doing on the drive over, but Kelly just shrugged and looked away. She absolutely hates me, I knew it! Is it because I turned her into a girl, or did she always feel that way? She probably always felt that way. After all, I was a constant disappointment to her! Sarah thought as she looked at Kelly in the mirror.

Stop thinking like that! Erica said sternly. Sarah was shocked, as they were still a few miles from home. Yeah, I'm surprised, too, but that's not important right now. If Kelly hates you, it's because of her issues, not because of you! And if she was disappointed in you, that's only because she had unrealistic expectations of you. Extremely unrealistic expectations! Don't let her messed up view, which she might not even have anymore, dictate your self worth. Okay?

But... Sarah started to argue, but was cut off.

No buts! You are a wonderful, caring, loving person whom I love more than life! Please don't devalue yourself, okay? You really are a worthwhile person. Very worthwhile! Just ask Mike or Jill, or Tiffany for that matter, they'll all tell you that, I'm sure. Erica sent, sending love and concern through their bond.


 
To Be Continued…

up
84 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Inrteresting

I'm concerned about Kelly. I know he/she is in shock and denial and just physically not mentally changed, but her withdrawal is unsettling. When will she start getting it together. I'd like to see her and Tiffany bond. It would make Tiffany more of the group and begin Kelly's redemption. Kelly could take an active role in this adventure, rather than be just a 'question mark'. I hope it is positive.

As I stated on the watcher's watcher's story, you keep telling great yarns. They get better with each episode. Thanks for your efforts.

Hugs,
Trish-Ann
~There is no reality, only perception~

Hugs,
Trish Ann
~There is no reality, only perception~

Sarah noticed soemthing important

in addition to the ring Vash wanted to test.

She said in passing that ex-dad was watching and reacting to televison exactly as she had as dad.

This is very troubling. I fear ex-dad is struggling to maintain a veneer of dadness around his now totally female body and brain, The same brain that is pumped full of terrible pain and fear he induced in Sean over the years. She has supresssed all this since her snapping and assaulting mom in her curent preeteen girl's body.

Ex--dad is a pressure cooker, a steam boiler with a jambed safety value. She is going to blow at some point.

Will it be a cathartic release and lead to some measure of healing and redemption or will it be a disaterous blowout?

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Thanks Trish-Ann!

Thanks Trish-Ann! ^_^

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Active Role for Kelly?

Not if it involves going offworld through a portal. (Or through a portal at all, if my theory isn't valid about only offworld portals causing magic to develop.) It'd be tough, after George's attempt on his wife when he was thought to be under control, for even a complete vetting by Sarah, Vash and Jill to be totally reassuring. (Mana, I guess we don't know yet.)

Eric

Glad to see that Tiffany came to her senses

I'm glad she moved all of her weapons to the dead world with the other stuff.

I feared that Kelly was going to find them and use them on Tiffany, not that Kelly couldn't come up with some kind of weapon if she wanted. She has a lot of alone time on her hands. This allows her to think, which depending on how she thinks, could be revenge time to both Tiffany and Sarah.

We already know Kelly is mentally unstable. Could it be because of the magic that runs in this family?

Interesting chapter Saless.

Hugs
Joni W

Yeah, I almost forgot I was

Yeah, I almost forgot I was going to have her do that! ;) Sometimes it's hard to keep track of everything.

Thanks Joni! :)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

"Yeah, I almost forgot"

(Big Smirk!)

m

Damaged people are dangerous
They know they can survive

Kelly Will Cause

Sarah problems simply by ignoring her. So, Sarah needs to ignore the ignoring, ot she will despair.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Easier said then done, but

Easier said then done, but yep! ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Dad doesn't know ...

... what to do or how to react. He's certainly not going to have a conversation with Sarah. After feeling all the pain he caused her, what could he possibly say? How could he possibly apologize for the world of hurt he put her in growing up. He doesn't hate her. He just doesn't know how to talk to someone he hurt so badly.

He's also not about to get all "chatty Cathy" with Tiffany, either. She threatened his life, and already almost killed him once.

Everyone else in the Scooby Gang hates him for what he did to Sarah, and his wife no longer loves or trusts him. He doesn't even have his life or his gender anymore, and is under the impression that he's not getting either back any time soon. After all, he was there when Mary said if he was fired for not showing up for work, she could make it quite well without him, so why shouldn't he think everything he ever had is gone for good?

Of COURSE he's doing the guy thing. He's in endurance mode. What cannot be cured must be endured, and he will keep on keeping on until either they change him back and let him go, cut him loose to make his way in the world as a teenaged girl, or kill him.

He certainly doesn't expect forgiveness.

Randalynn

Which just goes to show how

Which just goes to show how little he knows his own daughter! ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

It would seem to me

Frank's picture

If the Dad/Kelly character is at the end of her rope, so to speak, why wouldn't she be suicidal at this point? And really I would expect her to be suicidal in all honesty. At the very least no longer in touch with reality. He doesn't even have his own blood relatives to turn to as they wouldn't know HER.

On a personal note, I would be happy if the Dad/Kelly character was out of the picture entirely, it is really dragging down the story and comments.

Hugs

Frank

I hate to say this ...

... but if Sean and friends need convincing that Dad knows he did wrong, even an attempted suicide would make everyone see that he's seriously sorry for what he did to Sean (and to Mary), and depressed that he's so totally screwed up his life that he has no one left to turn to.

It would also have the added benefit of making the Scooby Gang (and dear old Mom) all think twice about playing God without having the proper credentials. *grin*

Randalynn

Kelly

I'm not in a hurry to see her leave. She's a part of the story -- though her presence is by no means a stabilizing factor.

I would like to see her become part of the scooby gang (maybe Mike can shape shift into a brown dog) and work really hard to make up for her (or his, if he changes back) past sins.

I'm not talking about being forced to work hard. I'm talking about him truly understanding what he did, and having a strong determination to make it up as best he can.

An 'It's about time' comment

Ok Saless, I think it is time I chimed in. I figure it's about time I posted a comment to this story. I think this is the second longest series behind Angharad's 'Bike' and in the two and a half years it's been running, i tried to get into it and was not able to. But your story? Well, I have been addicted to it since it was first released. You have kept me on the edge of my seat when you break the story for the night. You've caused me to detest certain characters, hate some of them, made me feel the anguish of the situation and feel the pain of the central character. What more could a reader want after all that? An end to the story? Heck NO!!!!! I say, I would like more. Make this thing last longer than Ang's 'Bike'. More than anything else, please keep up the good work. I have seen a lot of changes in your style since you started writing and believe me when I say that it has all been for the good. You have grown into a great writer and it shows in your work. Thank you for sharing this talent with us. Keep up the good work and I am certainly looking forward to the next part and each one after that.

Goldie

Wow!!

I'm speechless! I don't know what to say, except thank you very much Goldie! ^_^

Saless

P.S. I've been feeling like it's just a matter of time until everyone notices what a hack I am lately, so this is really helpful. Thanks again! :)
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

You aren't!

I've been feeling like it's just a matter of time until everyone notices what a hack I am lately

Don't go all Sarah on yourself!

I think you have managed to fascinate quite a few readers with your story so far. The only thing that keeps me from telling you how much I like it in each and every comment is that I don't want to be repetitive.

On the matter of Kelly: who would not clam up at first when (s)he's been transformed into a teenager of the opposite sex against his/her will, doesn't know if (s)he'll ever be changed back, and has been shown his/her violent acts from the victim's perspective? I know I would have a hard time dealing with the first two alone (while I wouldn't mind being a girl for a while, and probably could live with a female body permanently, the uncertainty of this situation alone would make me suffer). Add to that the shock and guilt she probably feels on some level of her mind ...

--- Martin

Where do you think she gets

Where do you think she gets it from? ;) Thanks Martin! And repetitive is okay... :)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Hmm, I wonder

Since Mana is paying a visit, and she is a neutral third party (of sorts), maybe she will have a long talk with Kelly while nobody is watching. After all, she decided to try to help Sarah and try to make things easier for her, and Kelly, well, is going to be a near-constant source of worries for Sarah until it is resolved.

And I also wonder. You have made a very interesting picture of Mana, with her outfit and hair, for her first appearance. So, is it just me or she looks kinda like Melanie? And will Mana visit Melanie, for that matter?

Faraway

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

It's not so much a matter of

It's not so much a matter of her looking like Melanie, as Melanie looking like her. This is the evolution of a character I've had in my head for a long time, and I copied some of her look when I designed Melanie's. Melanie's changes were basically along the lines of what I would do with that kind of power, though I'd also consider some of Laura's changes given the opportunity... ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

I think there is some excellent advice.

IMHO, there is some excellent psychology in this story. I just hope that those that read it are taking it to heart. Beats a counsellor at how much an hour.

Khadija

Unfortunately, taking it to

Unfortunately, taking it to heart is the hard part.

Thanks Khadija! :)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Still quiet.

All the action is happening with the watcher and the watcher's watcher. I wonder when she is going to introduce herself.

It won't be right away.

It won't be right away. After all, when she does start talking, some of the central questions of this story will be answered. Can't be doing that too soon! ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Nice to see

Tiffany and Sarah doing a bit of bonding, Shame the same could not be said of Kelly....That young lady has big problems ,Someone needs to talk to her soon...... Before it becomes a problem for everyone!!!

Kirri

Her 1st problem being

Frank's picture

She's NOT a lady/girl she's a man who has be turned into something else.

Hugs

Hugs

Frank