Venus Cursed! - Chapter 31

Printer-friendly version
Venus_Cursed_4.jpg
by Saless
Chapter 31

"Yes, it was insane! Just because it worked doesn't change the fact you put all our lives in danger to do it!" Jill complained.

Sarah opened a portal and the three of them returned to their own world. "That's the only way it could be done. If Mike didn't perceive us to be in real danger he wouldn't have changed!" she replied.

"She's got a point. If it really works the way she guessed, and it sure looks like it does, this was the only way." Mike said to Jill. Then he turned to Sarah. "Why did you pick that particular place to do it, though? You couldn't know there'd be bandits on that road at that time." He asked curiously.

Sarah shrugged, "I didn't, you're right. I just figured we'd try different places until we found ourselves in a suitably dangerous situation."

"Why not something a little safer?" he asked.

Sarah smiled, "We were perfectly safe the entire time. I had a barrier of portals up around us and could have had one around you if needed."

"Really?" Mike asked with widened eyes. "You're really getting good with those portals! I didn't think they'd be good for anything but traveling to other worlds."

"I didn't, either, but they're proving to be pretty handy." Sarah agreed.

Jill flopped down onto the couch with a weary sigh. Mike joined her and she cuddled up to him with another, happier sigh. "I guess you knew what you were doing." She said grudgingly.

Sarah sat down on the opposite side of Jill from Mike and gave her a quick hug. "Sorry I worried you, Jill." She apologized.

Jill hugged her back and said, "Okay, you're forgiven, but next time I want to know what's going on ahead of time!"

"Deal!" Sarah agreed, happy to have things smoothed out between them.

"If everyone's happy again, could we get something to eat? I'm starving!" Mike whined.

"I wonder if transforming makes you hungrier." Sarah said speculatively.

"In his defense, it is about time for lunch." Jill pointed out after looking at her watch.

They debated about what to have for lunch and settled on Subway. It was right around the corner, so they walked there. "So what do you guys want to do next?" Sarah asked on the way.

"Eat!" Mike replied emphatically.

Sarah rolled her eyes, "I meant after that."

"Did you want to go to another world again?" Jill asked incredulously.

"We can if you want." Sarah replied. "But that's not what I meant."

"Oh." Jill said, "What do you want to do, Mike?"

"Ask me after I've eaten." Mike replied, opening the door for Jill and Sarah. They filed in and ordered their sandwiches.

Once Mike had wolfed down his sub they started in on him again. "Well Mike, what do you want to do?" Jill asked him.

"How about something relaxing, like a movie?" Mike asked hopefully.

"Sounds good to me." Jill agreed. Sarah nodded, so it was decided. They cleaned up and returned to Mike and Jill's apartment and put a movie on. They all relaxed on the couch to watch and Sarah fell asleep with her head on Jill's shoulder about halfway through.

"No wonder she was leaving it up to us. I guess holding all those portals must have tired her out." Jill said quietly after the movie was over.

"I guess so. Should we wake her up?" Mike whispered back.

"No, help me lay her out so I can get up." Jill replied. Mike held onto Sarah so Jill could slide out from under her then they laid her down on the couch. "Thanks."

They retreated to the kitchen so as not to wake Sarah. "Hey, I just thought of something." Jill said once they were seated. "Your clothes never get damaged when you change!"

"Hey, you're right!" Mike said in surprise. "How did I not notice that? You'd think they would have been shredded each time, but they just grow or disappear. In fact, the only time my clothes were an issue at all was when Sarah girlified me."

"Girlified?" Jill inquired with a grin.

Mike shrugged, "That's what Sarah called it."

Jill shook her head and giggled at that. "Have you noticed how differently she's been acting?"

Mike nodded. "Yeah, I think letting herself relax and not worry about the curse so much has really helped. Just imagine how tense she'd be if Erica were going to be here for Christmas, though!"

Jill shuddered at that image. "Yeah, I'm glad we don't have to deal with that! We'd be spending every spare moment traveling to any world that held out even the slightest hope of changing her back."

"Yeah. Erica being on the other side of the continent is turning out to be more helpful than hurtful." Said Mike.

"Oh, I don't know about that. If Erica had been here from the start I think things would be better." Jill replied.

"How would that make things better?" Mike asked.

"There wouldn't be any suspense for Sarah. And if she'd been here from the start she probably would have seen Sean become Sarah, so she'd have to believe it." Jill replied.

Mike shrugged, "I guess so. But then either Erica would be pushing Sarah even harder to change back, or breaking up with her." Mike pointed out.

"I don't know, Erica loves Sarah as much as Sarah loves her. I think Erica might be able to make the adjustment." Jill countered.

Mike laughed, "Yeah, right! Somehow I just can't see Erica doing that!"

They both turned upon hearing a sound from the living room and saw Sarah dash for the door and run out. "Great going, Mike!" Jill growled, running after her.

"Damn!" Mike swore under his breath, and rushed out after them. He got within sight of Sarah's apartment just in time to see Jill enter it. But when he got to the door it was closed and locked. He knocked, but there was no answer. Figuring they didn't want him around right now, he returned to his apartment.

Jill, meanwhile, was trying to entice Sarah out of her room as it was also locked. "Come on, Sarah, Mike doesn't know what he's talking about! Please come out!" she called through the door.

"Go away!" came Sarah's strained voice. With it Jill felt a faint feeling of despair and loneliness.

"Sarah, please open this door and talk to me? Please?" Jill begged. She heard movement inside and the door was unlocked, though not opened. Jill opened it and looked inside. Sarah was face down on her bed, her shoulders shaking silently. "Sarah?" she said softly, walking over slowly and sitting on the bed next to her.

"He's right, she's going to leave me the moment she sees me like this!" Sarah sobbed.

"Look, Sarah," Jill began, rubbing her back, "Mike doesn't know Erica as well as you do. Neither do I. Do you really think that she'd just run away the moment she saw you? Do you really think her feelings for you are that shallow?"

That caught Sarah's attention. "I…I guess not." She admitted. "But how could she accept me as I am?" she asked.

"I imagine she'd rather you changed back, but that doesn't mean that she couldn't deal with it if you are unable to. She might surprise you." Jill replied, hoping she was right.

"And she might not." Sarah countered sadly.

"And she might never have to see you as you are now, either." Jill pointed out.

"I guess." Sarah said, unconvinced.

"Sarah, no matter what happens, Mike and I will always be here for you. You'll never be alone, alright?" Jill said. Sarah sat up and cried on Jill's shoulder for a while. "Better now?" Jill asked when Sarah pulled away.

Sarah nodded. "Sorry I'm so much trouble." She said softly.

Jill shook her head, "You're family to us, that means you get to be as much trouble as you want, and you won't be any trouble at all." She said with a grin. Sarah chuckled and nodded weakly.

"I guess we should go find Mike." Sarah said hesitantly.

"He'll keep. I locked the door, so he knows I want him to stay out for now. We can go see him any time, or bring him back here. Or we can just talk here and you can see him tomorrow." Jill replied.

Sarah nodded and said, "I'd rather stay here, but I wouldn't mind Mike coming over."

Jill nodded and started to get up, then stopped and turned back to Sarah. "There's one thing I want to say, but I don't want you to get upset about it. Just let me say it, and then think about it, okay?" Sarah nodded. "If you want, or there's some reason you think it would be best, to stay female I'll help you with Erica any way I can and Mike and I won't have any problem with it. That's all I wanted to say, so I'll go get Mike if that's alright?" Sarah nodded weakly and watched Jill leave, wondering where that idea had come from.


 
To Be Continued…

up
93 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Unstable

That's the word that comes to mind when I think of Sarah. Over the last few chapters her emotions have been all over the map, up and down. Almost manic-depressive. She's like a bottle of nitroglycerin, liable to blow up in your face at any moment. I'd be very leery of stepping through any portals with her if I had any plans of returning to my starting point.

Damaged people are dangerous
They know they can survive

Well, at least there are

Well, at least there are some ups to go with the downs now... ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Sarah is acting more and more like ....

a teenage girl. It's as if layer after layer of his former emotional controls are pealing away, thus the crying fits as old hurts work their way to the surface of her memories.

She is a new woman in fact and mindset. She is not reckless but naive, overwhelmed by her new emotions and sensations and, well, acting a lot like my Joanie in Timeout, . Oh the adult male memories and experience is there but all bets are off on how she will react, she is free for maybe the first time in her life. She has several true/proven friends, she has these great powers that make her feel invulnerable and blessed and yet the thought of breaking up with Erika terrifies her. Her emotions are all over the place, she's a teenager.

Something in Jill's conversation with Mike caught my attention, mind you this is somewhat out of context. I quote.

>>
"I don't know, Erica loves Sarah as much as Sarah loves her. I think Erica might be able to make the adjustment." Jill countered.
>>

Was that Jill speaking without thinking, something she does alot, or was it a Freudian slip about Erika loving Sarah. Notice Sarah, not Sean. Odd that.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Yep, she's kind of new to being female and

Jill's used to referring to her as Sarah.

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

I think it is more likely...

Frank's picture

That Sarah's male brain is marinating in Estrogen causing the emotional rollercoaster...

Hugs

Frank

ERICA

[email protected] Perhaps a June wedding . Sarah and Eric make a wonderful couple .

Cavrider----Just another " Grunt."

That does give them six

That does give them six months to plan... ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

They need...

...to get in and get moving, then. That's barely enough time. ^__^

-Liz

-Liz

Successor to the LToC
Formerly known as "momonoimoto"

I wonder...

what universe they'd get married in... ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Wedding?

I think it will be a Possible Universe where Tangled Up In Green takes place :p
^_^ Kidding! Of course, we can also send them to the Caregivers! C'mon people, throw some ideas around!

Just don't send them to the Death Note Universe. Just don't.

Faraway

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

>.<

That last one is so wrong, you should probably be hurt just for suggesting it. (And now I can't help but try, horrified, to imagine what that would be like... ^^; )

-Liz

-Liz

Successor to the LToC
Formerly known as "momonoimoto"

Practically speaking

As a matter of practicality, I imagine they would get married in the universe they intend to live in, so the marriage would be valid.

Now the honeymoon, on the other hand . . . . ;-)

Damaged people are dangerous
They know they can survive

Good point! That could be

Good point! That could be one wild honeymoon! ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

But would Erica want to be a male even if she can love Sarah?

Though if that one wizard/mage was right Sarah can become Sean again if she embraces her female side which she seems to be doing now. The question is, how will Erica react?

Hum, if she embraces he rfemininity and with Sarah's ability to change other's sexs ... Sarah and Eric, Sean and Erica, Susan and Eric, Sean and Eric .... well, that's up to them on that last one not my cup of tea but if they love eachother, why not? Erica's parents likely would go for it, they get grandchildren at least twice as fast with both being mothers.

As to marrages, I'd say Jill and Mike are likely candidates and soon. This whole sitiuation is pulling them close together.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

...

...Sarah and Eric, Sean and Erica, Susan and Eric, Sean and Eric...

Heh. ^__^

-Liz

-Liz

Successor to the LToC
Formerly known as "momonoimoto"

That Sword That Sarah

Brought throufgh in a dream, is it Excalibur? if so, then it's a magical sword. Two others are Anduril from Tolkien's trilogy , or the DSarksword odf the Darksword trilogy that absorbs magic and energy, as well as the Thunder Sword of the Thunder Cats.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

What about Erica?

Both Jill and Mike keep noting that Erica is on the other coast and she is just as in love with Sarah/Sean as s/he is with her. Maybe this will begin to resolve itself if Erica decides to visit over Christmas. What little Sean/Sarah has told her could get her worried. Sean/Sarah's relationship with Erica seems to be one of the driving forces in this saga.

Where does Sarah's shadow fit in?

Now for the Sword, wasn't that taken from a dungeon guard during the escape of a wizard from the dungeon in one of the first installments? I doubt that it is magical. But the truth lies with our illustrious story teller, Saless. Considering where we have gone in this, I'm not going to be too surprised by anything. I'm just along to enjoy the ride.

Keep up the good work and thanks for the entertainment.

Hugs,
Trish-Ann
~There is no reality, only perceptions.~

Hugs,
Trish Ann
~There is no reality, only perception~

Thanks Trish-Ann! There

Thanks Trish-Ann! There seems to be a lot of expectation of Erica turning up for Christmas... ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Temporary Solution

If Erica comes around, why not just wear an illusion to appear normal?

A good idea....

but Sarah would have to find a way to make such an illusion first! ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

She could try to bum an

She could try to bum an image inducer (like kurt wagner wears) from professor Xavier.

Erica

If Sarah is going to be able to change back, why all the angst?

If Erica happens to show up during Christmas (as has been suggested,) she will find that she has a Best Friend Forever instead of a boyfriend -- for now.

Is that wizard ever wrong? If he's right this time, the two of them (who are already soul mates) can be husband/wife, wife/husband (if both are interested on a step on the wild side,) BFA, and male type best buddies.

Really, the situation would be hard to beat. Sean and Eric can go to a game, hang out in the workshop, go fishing or hunting, or do any of the 'guy' things. Sarah and Erica can do all the girlfriend stuff that is described so well on this site. Sean and Erica can do couple stuff. Eric and Sarah -- if they are both willing -- can also do couple stuff.

Assuming Erica doesn't freak

Assuming Erica doesn't freak out, that would certainly be true! ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Freak out?

Everything that you have let us know about her (pathetically little, to be sure) leads us to believe that she's way too determined, confident, competent, and level-headed to freak out.

Freaking out is such a stupid thing to do, anyhow. What's ever gained from losing control like that?

Ray

Nothing,

but it doesn't stop people from doing it. ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America