Venus Cursed! - Chapter 84

Printer-friendly version
Venus_Cursed_4.jpg
by Saless
Chapter 84

"What is it Erica?" Sarah asked nervously.

"I just talked to my dad. I told him about you, and he was great like I said he would be." Erica replied as she walked over to the couch and sat next to Sarah.

"That doesn't explain why you have that worried look on your face, or why you feel so nervous." Sarah said.

"It's just…Mom and Dad want to meet the new you. Since I'll have to go back next weekend, they want to come over tomorrow." Erica said.

"Tomorrow?!" Sarah exclaimed. "But…I'll be at work!"

Erica nodded, "I know, but they want to take us out to dinner. Mike and Jill, too, if they want."

"Are you sure your parents are okay with me?" Sarah asked worriedly.

Erica wrapped her arm around Sarah's waist and pulled her closer, "Yes, I'm sure. I know you're worried about them, but they're not going to be a problem, I swear! Frankly, I'm more worried about how they're going to react to me!"

"You?! But you haven't cha…Oh." Sarah cut herself off as she realized what Erica was saying.

"Yeah. I know they're okay with it in principal, but when it's their own daughter…" Erica trailed off worriedly.

Sarah wrapped her own arm around Erica and squeezed her reassuringly, "If they can handle me, they can certainly handle you!"

Erica squeezed her back and rested her head on Sarah's shoulder. "Um, what are you guys talking about?" Tiffany asked.

"I'm worried that my parents aren't going to be happy to have a lesbian for a daughter." Erica replied.

"But are you? I mean, you loved her when she was Sean, right?" Tiffany said.

"Sure!" Erica replied.

"Then that just means you love Sarah the person, rather than the gender, right?" Tiffany asked.

"But…I prefer Sarah like this!" Erica protested.

"That still doesn't mean you're a lesbian or bisexual. She's happier like this, so of course you'd prefer her this way!" Tiffany said.

"Huh, that does kind of make sense." Erica admitted.

"See, you have nothing to worry about!" Sarah said.

Erica sighed, "Maybe you're right. I guess we should go talk to Mike and Jill and see if they want to come along." Sarah agreed and they walked over to Mike and Jill's apartment.

Jill answered the door, "Hey guys, what's up?"

"My parents want to take Sarah and me to dinner tomorrow, and they've invited you two, also." Erica replied.

"Cool! I know they're going to be great Sarah!" Jill said enthusiastically as she let them in. She purposefully took a long time to close the door so Tiffany could 'sneak' in.

"I hope so!" Sarah said.

"They will! Hey Mike, want to go to dinner with Erica's parents tomorrow?" Jill said.

Mike looked away from the TV and nodded, "Sure! I'd like to be there anyway when they see Sarah for the first time."

"So would I, now that you mention it." Jill said.

"So when are you going to see my parents?" Mike asked Sarah.

Sarah rolled her eyes at Mike, "I've already got my parents and Erica's to worry about, isn't that enough for now?"

"She's got a point. She can worry about seeing your parents and my mom another time." Jill said impishly.

"Not you too!" Sarah moaned theatrically.

Laughing Erica said, "She's got a point though, we've got enough on our plate right now. Especially when you consider that we still haven't figured out what to do about that FBI guy."

That got everyone's attention. "I don't suppose any of you have had any ideas?" Tiffany asked hopefully.

The others all exchanged glances and shook their heads except for Erica. "I figured once we get past the whole, 'your boyfriend is now your female fiancé?' thing we could talk to Dad about that. He might be able to give us some ideas." Erica said.

Tiffany asked, "How would he be able to help?"

"Erica's dad is a judge, and he knows lots of people in law enforcement." Sarah explained.

"Yes, and lots of other influential people. I don't know how he keeps track of them all." Erica added.

"You really think he can help us?" Tiffany asked.

"If he can't, he'll know someone who can." Erica replied.

Sarah glanced at the time and worriedly said, "Mom's supposed to call me after she talks to Dad. I would have thought she would have done that by now."

"She'll probably talk to him at dinner and call you afterward. I wouldn't get worried just yet. Speaking of dinner, is anyone else hungry?" Jill said.

They were, and decided to eat out. Marvin didn't follow them, so Tiffany was able to join them in the restaurant. They talked about normal things over dinner and Tiffany was starting to feel like she was really part of the group instead of an outsider. Afterwards they returned to Mike and Jill's apartment. Sarah was still worrying about her mother, so Jill started a movie to distract her.

They weren't even halfway through the movie before Sarah said, "She should have called by now." Erica could feel her concern through their bond and was beginning to share it.

"Maybe we should go check on her…" Erica said.

Jill picked up on Sarah's concern, "But what if we interrupt while she's trying to get through to your dad, Sarah? We could make things harder for her."

"I could open a portal outside the house so we could see what's happening before we go in." Sarah said.

"But then someone might see us appearing out of thin air. I really think we should wait a little longer. How about this; if she doesn't call by the end of the movie, we'll call her, okay?" Jill said.

"I guess." Sarah said doubtfully. With some effort she turned her attention back to the movie. They were all beginning to get worried by the end of the movie.

"Okay Sarah, maybe you'd better make that call." Jill said once the credits started rolling. Sarah wasted no time getting out her cell phone and dialing.

"She's not answering." Sarah said fearfully when the answering machine picked up. She didn't bother leaving a message. Closing her phone, she put it back in her purse and immediately opened a portal to her mother's living room. "I'm going!" she said, before stepping through. She left the portal open, though, so the others quickly followed.

Mary's living room was a scene of total chaos. Most of the furniture was overturned or smashed. Sarah's father was lying in the remains of the entertainment center. He was unconscious and had blood on his face and hands. Looking frantically around the room Sarah spotted her mother curled up in a ball in one corner of the room, weeping. "Mom!" she cried, running over to wrap her arms around her mother.

Mary tensed at first, and then lifted her head to see who was holding her. "Sarah?" she said weakly. Erica and Mike hurried over to make sure she was alright, and Jill checked on Sarah's father.

"I'm here Mom! Are you okay? What happened?" Sarah said.

"I…I killed your father!" Mary wailed, burying her face in Sarah's shoulder. Sarah sat there, holding her mother, with a stunned expression.

"No you didn't Mary, he's alive!" Jill said. "He's pretty beat up, but I don't think he's even in any danger of dying." Mary didn't even hear her and continued sobbing. Sarah tried to tell her, but Mary wasn't hearing anything.

"I don't suppose you have any idea of what happened, do you Vash?" Mike asked.

No, she's too upset. Her emotions are drowning everything else out. Vash replied.

Jill looked back at Sarah's father speculatively and then closed her eyes. A moment later she opened them and said, "She was just defending herself. He started to beat her, but then she…went berserk, I guess, and knocked him all over the room."

Mike looked doubtfully at Sarah's petite mother. "How could she have done all of this?!" he exclaimed, waving his arms to encompass the wrecked room.

Jill shook her head, "I don't know. But she was knocking him around like he was half her size. Adrenaline, I guess."

"Or magic." Tiffany said softly. The others looked at her and then at Mary.

"Yeah, that could be." Mike agreed.

By this point Mary had cried herself to sleep in Sarah's arms. "Mike, would you help me put Mom to bed?" she asked. Mike nodded and picked up Mary. Sarah led the way back to her bedroom and pulled back the covers. She gasped in shock when Mike laid her down. She hadn't noticed the damage in the darkened living room (the lamps were all lying down or broken), but Mary looked like she'd been beaten pretty badly before she retaliated. She pulled the covers over her mother and angrily stalked back to the living room with Mike hurrying to keep up.

"Sarah!" he called worriedly. She ignored him and stormed into the room and was at her father's side before anyone realized what was happening.

She stared down angrily at her father. "It's time you learned how it feels!" she growled, before punching him as hard as she could in the stomach.


 
To Be Continued…

up
87 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

So mom **Hulks** out when fearful for her life?

Looks like daddy is about to become Aunty and one very beat up helpless little Aunty. Sarah's punch and the anger behind it insure the Ka-girl part. Pity, now kicking him in the groin won't be near as satisfying. As sweet as Sarah is all those years of abuse and then seeing mom badly beaten may cause her to go berserk on dad to the point of doing the new female dad serious injury. This is assuming mom in her Hulk out hasn't already caused internal organ damage or broken dad's spine or ...

Oh oh the way Sarah worded her epithet, could that make her magic revert dad to the age Sarah was first beaten by him, IE back to little child? Much of her power is instinctual after all.

Hope mom isn't becoming unhinged by all this. Healing is not one of mom's new powers unless her injuries were far worse than what they saw in the bedroom, IE maybe she is already healing and it was a blow that broke an arm or something like that triggered the "HULK SMASH!* episode.

If mom really has a chemical imbalance in her brain -- whether a natural illness or one induced by Daddy Dearest, she needs help such as the healing water ASAP before her illness in combination with the shock of the attack unhinges her and makes her a vengeance driven monster.

So the weak, somewhat timid woman becomes a tigress when proved after a trip through the portal.

Last comment for now, the others should listen when Sarah senses something is wrong. They dismissed it, Sarah knew from early on something terrible was or just had happened, almost like she has a Spiderman danger sense or an empathic link to mom.

John in Wauwatosa
l

John in Wauwatosa

Wow, lots to talk about,

Wow, lots to talk about, huh? ;) Hope it makes up for my spazz out yesterday!

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

*sigh* What To Do...

What to do? Do you immediately head home for the healing what, or do you call the police and have them record Mom's injuries? Keep things quiet or try and get the bastard locked away? Well...they certainly seem to want to keep things quiet, so why hasn't anyone thought about healing Mom...shock?

You know, Marvin may not realize it but he is in a lot of trouble...and Tiffany's guilt over 'shadowing' Sarah is blinding her to the fact that Marvin has absolutely nothing on her now she she has opened up to Sarah and the gang. Just look at it...Marvin sees a young woman leave Sarah's apartment by the backdoor while the others leave by the front (oh my, what a horried crime) and head off to her car. Because she is obscured to his sight by shadows he immediately finds her activity suspicious (certainly the work of a Great detective). So he accosts her by her car, browbeats her into answering his questions, and threatens to have her charged as a terrorist on no or fabricated evidence if she doesn't spy on Sarah for him (ah, a fan of 24, I just know it). Let us not forget that at no time does Marvin identify himself or present Tiffany with his badge, he just implies that he works for some city or federal agency or another and if Tiffany doesn't do whatever he asks of her (be it immoral, criminal or whatever) he will just through her in a cell without trial (after all, they need someone to take the fall for that mess that happened just out of town and he has no clue who actually did it...let Tiffany take the blame). Yes in deed, Marvin's handling of Tiffany was certainly a classic piece of investigative police work, J. Edgar would be proud (You do realize I'm being sarcastic, right?).

So, when Erica takes Sarah and Tiffany to talk to her father about what happened to Tiffany (after all, no one needs to know that Tiffany had been shadowing Sarah) and that someone is spying on her from an apartment accross the street...well, Marvin is in big trouble. You need a warrant to set up stakeouts, and for the police and F.B.I. to spy on people! No matter how much George W wishs it were otherwise.

Glad to have you back, Salees! Great chapter as always! :)

Thanks KenJ!

Thanks KenJ! ^_^

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Even if Mom

Even if Mom isn't becoming berzerk, Sarah and the others should get some healing waters for her.

Jenny

Jenny

Uh, Okay...

So will Dad's injuries transfer over to his new female form? I don't recall a parallel in any of the previous changes.

For that matter, might the change be too radical for his traumatized body to handle and actually kill him? And if so, does Sarah's power work on no-longer-living bodies, assuming they need to change him back for a funeral or an autopsy, or does it depend in some way on the life force of the one being changed?

I guess we'll see.

Eric

I asume her magic follows the desires/comands of Sarah's ...

conscious and subconscious mind.

I quote.
>>
She stared down angrily at her father. "It's time you learned how it feels!" she growled, before punching him as hard as she could in the stomach.
>>

If so her conscious and subconscious minds would want daddy dearest to live and live along time so that he/she might suffer all the longer. At the moment Sarah is so angry all she wants is vengeance and to see daddy suffer, so very unlike her. Maybe she will see this dark side of her, this parallel to Daddy Dearest and she will pull back from the brink in disgust at herself.

John in Wauwatosa

P.S. Hope the Watcher doesn't see any of this.

John in Wauwatosa

Re The P.S.

Since they went by portal this time, it seems unlikely. (I suppose it's possible that he's there by coincidence investigating their previous car trip, or even that he doesn't trust Tiffany and put some sort of bug on her that's now betraying them all. But I doubt it.)

Eric

Anybody can be pushed too

Anybody can be pushed too far, and Sarah's been pushed an awful lot. Especially by her father!

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Nope, never happened before!

Nope, never happened before! Had to give you something to talk about, didn't I? ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Now that Sarah father has gone and done it and................

he got what was coming to him. I wonder what his (her) reaction is going to be. Hummm OPed maybe. Got beat up by his wife, now turned in to a girl by his daughter. The plot thickens. I do wonder how her mom is going to feel in the Morning i see a emotional roller coaster ahead.

Take Care

Kittien69 ^_^

Take Care

Kittien69 ^_^s2046020module10160663photo_1214347070anime3.jpg

At least she didn't kill him

At least she didn't kill him like she thought! Though she doesn't really know that yet. ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

There is a joke that fits.

The outline is:

A group of militant bigots is walking down the street and sees a smaller group of their hated.
One of them suggests beating the shit out of the passers-by.
"And what if they beat the shit out of us?" One of his companions asked.
"Why would they attack us?!" the first one responded, flabbergasted.

And indeed, whatever have they done to deserve this?

Serves him right, the bastard! It is so, sooo sweet when it backfires on the attacker. However, now there is a question of how the sperm donor should be dealt with, and how traumatised will Mary prove to be? Also, whether it is needed to call the authorities. Oh well, I guess it means all kinds of trouble for everyone. And I find it ironic that Mary wanted to have a head start to get the hang of her powers... That prove to be (as it seems now) uncontrollable in nature.

Faraway

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

But they allowed her to

But they allowed her to defend herself, so still useful! ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Uncontrollable powers?

And I find it ironic that Mary wanted to have a head start to get the hang of her powers ... That prove to be (as it seems now) uncontrollable in nature.

If I remember correctly, their powers were all somewhat uncontrollable at the start. They all had to do some training to get used to them.

For example, Sean started opening portals first in his dreams, then when he read a book or watched a movie, both without conscious control. Mike had no control over his shapeshifting power the first few times. Jill got random telepathic impressions long before she could consciuosly use her power, etc.

I guess it will be the same with Mary. She may need to do some random damage first (preferably on that empty world) but she'll learn to control her power as the others did.

--- Martin

Oh, you mean like Nikki from Heroes?

IIRC she had a borderline sociopathic split personality highly effective in navigating 'this cruel world' and that had full control of her Super Strength. Nikki only exhibited her Super Strength 'in clear mind and sound body' in the end of 1st season.

Faraway

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Well... It's Happened.

Daddy dearest did end up getting the ka-girl. I wonder if the transformation process will heal his injuries.

They need to pour some healing water on mom. While they're at it, healing dad so that she can fully experience her new form wouldn't be a bad idea. If they're feeling particularly evil, they could dress her appropriately and drop her off in the red light district.

I wonder if it's Mom's chemical imbalance that caused her superpower to be the 'She Hulk' power.

Aaaaarrgh!!

(Do you immediately head home for the healing what...)

Aaah...that's Water, geeze!

Sorry for screwing up something that simple in my long comment above, Saless. *sigh*

KenJ

I've been doing a lot of

I've been doing a lot of that lately, too. Annoying, isn't it? Don't feel bad about it, I understood what you meant! :)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

I don't think, even in her

I don't think, even in her current mood, that Sarah would go along with that! ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Interesting.

Sarah's mom with powers, that may or may not be under control -- we don't know about that since she was obviously defending herself and in that case all bets would have been off, don't you think?

Daddy, soon to be female with a very angry Sarah in front of the new her.

More and more twists as this one goes. I like it!

Thanks Maggie!

Thanks Maggie! :)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Could be very

interesting when Sarah's dad wakes up and finds out just what has happened....After all the beatings he has handed out, To be on the receiving end for once just seems to be so right!...And then of course there's the punch from Sarah...Who knows what problems that might cause!!!!

Hope that every thing is okay with you Saless, Missed not reading about Sarah yesterday,But you have to look after yourself first....So you take good care of yourself and maybe treat yourself to a little something!!!

Kirri

Thanks Kirri!

Thanks Kirri! ^_^

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Sarah's Mom Could Be

A Berzerker. As such, would be immune to any attack while in battle mode. Now, if she could learn how to control it, then she'd be like the Banner-Hulk: Hulk controlled by Banner. Or she cold be ale to change at will like Caprtain Marvel, Mary Marvel and the other Shazam! type heroes.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

I think Mom might like ...

Jezzi Stewart's picture

... a new little niece - say six or seven years old - for a week or two. She might enjoy making a VERY feminine young lady out of "her". :-)

"All the world really is a stage, darlings, so strut your stuff, have fun, and give the public a good show!" Miss Jezzi Belle at the end of each show

BE a lady!

That sounds good

Redemption, Bad Boy to Good Girl, and all that stuff. Saless could even spawn off 'Daddy's Tale' to a new story -- starting out with how disappointed he was with his son, his futile and misguided attempts to fix things, his fits of anger, his horror at what happened to him/her, and finally... well, that's Saless's story to tell. ;-)

We need a better name for that.

Like Daddy's Diary, or something else, just a wee bit incongruous and oxymoronish.

Faraway

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!