Venus Cursed! - Chapter 94

Printer-friendly version
Venus_Cursed_4.jpg
by Saless
Chapter 94

Tiffany shrugged. “Okay.” she said, and tried to call one of the knives to her. Nothing happened, so she tried thinking about Sarah's father beating her, and about John trying to rape her. She became angry enough, but the knife still didn't appear. “Looks like I can't call them.” she said in relief.

I suspected as much. Trans-dimensional magic is extremely powerful. It's unlikely any Shadowkin artifact would be that powerful. I don't even know if there were any magical objects that powerful in my old master's world at all. Vash sent.

“Why didn't you say so to begin with?” Jill asked.

Those knives aren't from my old master's world, so there was still a chance. Besides, exposure to Sarah's portals could have enhanced their magic as it did all of you. Vash replied.

“What about you?” Mike asked curiously.

What about me? Vash replied, confusion evident in his mental 'voice'.

“Was your magic enhanced by going through the portals?” Mike explained.

I think so. Vash said.

“Oh, how?” Erica asked.

I seem to be stronger than I was before, both physically and magically. I seem to sense the flow of magic more easily, and I can stay invisible longer than before. Although it's a bit of a trade off, since my claws became blunted and my claws and fangs are no longer poisonous. And I look like a child's toy. Vash replied.

“But you're so cute!” Sarah protested. Everyone looked at her in surprise. Sarah looked down, blushing, and muttered, “What, he is!”

“It's okay honey.” Erica said and wrapped her arms around her fiancé. “We're just not used to you saying things like that. You've been holding it back all this time, haven't you?” Sarah turned into her embrace and nodded.

“I guess we didn't consider just how repressed you were.” Jill said. Mike looked at her in surprise, confusion evident on his face. “Think about it Mike. She didn't just have to hide the fact she felt like a girl from everybody, she also had to hide her natural reactions from everyone. They would have given her away in an instant.”

“Oh! Yeah, I see what you mean. So you're saying that Sarah would have been saying stuff like that all the time if she didn't feel the need to hide it, right?” Mike replied.

“Among other things, yes. I suspect Sarah's going to prove to be a bit of a girly-girl.” Jill said.

Erica smiled, “I can live with that! It kind of explains some things I've felt through our bond, really.”

Sarah pulled back and looked at her curiously, “What do you mean?”

“Mostly I've just felt this reluctance, or hesitation from you. Like you were going to do or say something, but did something else instead. But it's felt like that's been fading away recently. It's nice to see you coming out of your shell.” Erica replied with a wide smile.

Sarah blushed and looked down. “I've always tried to not act like a girl, so I wouldn't get teased or beat up as much. I guess I was a little slow to realize that I didn't have to do that anymore.” she said.

“I think it's interesting the way you say that, trying to not act like a girl. Didn't you ever try to act like a boy?” Jill asked curiously.

Sarah shuddered at that, “Yes, I tried. It was a disaster! Everyone looked at me like I was crazy when I did that, or worse. When I tried to act like a boy all my reactions were totally off. And some things I just couldn't bring myself to do”

Jill nodded, “That makes sense. Why were your reactions off, though?”

Sarah shrugged, “I didn't really know how to act like a boy. I guess I was mostly just acting off of stereotypes. Anyway, I didn't understand why boys did certain things in certain situations, but not in others. So I'd get it all mixed up. I was much better off just trying not to act like a girl and avoiding attention.”

“I am totally in agreement with you on that one!” Erica said with a laugh. “I don't understand why boys do half the things they do!”

Jill laughed, too, “The eternal complaint of all women. And men, for that matter, only in reverse. Right Mike?”

“Sure. There's lots of things women do that I don't understand. This explains a few things, though.” Mike replied.

“What things?” Sarah asked.

“Well, there were lots of times I thought you reacted strangely to things. I always put it down to how much trouble you had with the kids at school, and how shy you were. But looking at things now, it was because you weren't reacting like a boy would. I guess that's probably at least part of why the other kids gave you so much grief. They picked up on that.” Mike said.

“What's the matter Erica?” Jill asked, noticing Erica's expression.

“What Mike just said, it fit with things I've felt. All the guys I dated before I met Sarah gave me weird vibes. Their reactions just seemed so wrong! I always put it down to the difference between boys and girls at first. But one of the things that attracted me to Sarah to begin with was the fact that she didn't give me those weird vibes. I still didn't understand a lot of the things she did, but her actions didn't grate on me like that. So then I thought it was because I'd found someone I could love. But now I'm wondering if I was a lesbian all along and just didn't realize it.” Erica said softly.

“Would that be so bad?” Sarah asked fearfully.

Erica pulled her back into her arms and shook her head, “No! That wouldn't be so bad at all! It's just, I thought I knew who I was. Now, it looks like maybe I didn't. Not as well as I thought, anyway. What about you Jill? Did you ever feel like I did, or was your experience different?”

“My experience was different. I didn't understand half of what the guys I dated were thinking, if I was lucky! But most of them didn't rub me the wrong way like that. We just didn't click like Mike and I did. It does kind of sound like you were a repressed lesbian all along. I'm kind of surprised at that, though, considering how open minded your parents are.” Jill replied.

“I'm not.” Mike said. “They're not the only ones you have to deal with. If the feeling you get from everybody else is that being gay is a bad thing, then you're going to assume your parents feel the same way. Even if they give you no reason to think that. Kids soak up the attitudes of society like a sponge; far more so than adults do, I think. It's amazing that Sarah persisted in asserting her femininity around her father as much as she did, considering his reaction.”

“That's one of the reasons I think Sarah's going to be a girly-girl when she really lets herself go. She strikes me as just being that feminine that it overcame her fears, at least for a while.” Jill said.

“So,” Sarah began hesitantly, “how do you feel about finding out you may have been a lesbian all along?”

Erica squeezed her tighter and said, “It doesn't change anything, really. It's a bit of a shock, but I'm marrying a girl anyway, so what's it matter?” Sarah hugged her back when she said that and relaxed.

They watched a movie after that, and then went to bed.

In the morning Erica got Sarah moving and got herself ready to drive her to work. “You don't have to do that, you know. Tiffany can drive me now. She said yesterday that she would.” Sarah said.

Erica smiled, “I know, but I want to! Now don't forget to arrange to get off early tomorrow, you've got that doctor's appointment at three. I've printed out the form you need and you can take it with you. If all goes well you'll be able to get your new driver's license in no time!”

“That would be nice.” Sarah said. “I may be able to portal anywhere I've been or can read about, but that doesn't do me much good if I have to worry about someone seeing me.”

“That reminds me. I'm going to call Dad today and see if he's made any progress with finding information on our FBI friend. Or ways to deal with him, for that matter.” Erica said.


 
To Be Continued…

up
72 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Only six chapters

to go now before we reach the magic 100.... I wonder if Saless has anything special planned? After all there's not to many stories on here that get anywhere near that mark!!!

It was nice to see Sarah at last showing her true feelings, Instead of having to hide them from everyone, And as for that revelation by Erica I'm only surprised it took so long to see what her friends must have been seeing!!

Kirri (and no wrong names!!)

The grand 100

Is just is likely to be an anticlimax, Kirri (see, no wrong names ;) ), simply because Saless decides to be herself... It will be possible to get something climatic (like the GAP reveal) but it all depends on our dearest authoress to get a nice long buffer ahead and arbitrarily put the End Chapter marks to achieve a desired effect. I do not even know if I need to dread it! ^_~

Faraway

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

The climatic point will come...

...precisely when Saless dictates it should come. Which will be wherever it is convenient in the plot, without shortening or lengthening significantly any chapters en-route.

Thinking of the biggest saga here, there was a 'big reveal' at 100, but subsequent milestones (either in base 10 or base 12) weren't marked by anything special happening - and after a while, even the witticisms in the key words, chapter headings and invites to comment disappeared :(

 
 
--Ben


This space intentionally left blank.

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

I suppose it was a bit much

I suppose it was a bit much to keep up with after over 700 chapters! Although, I'm pretty sure I've seen the occasional invite to comment (usually with threats of Bonzi coming after those who don't!) recently.

As for my 100, it's out of my hands. Sarah and co. decide what happens, I just record it for 'em! ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Well of course! If you

Well of course! If you expect something big to happen, then it won't! And if you don't, then it will! And if you're ready either way, something really weird may happen! ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Plans for 100?

Oh, nothing solid. Might do something different, might not. *cough* Sean dreamed the last 99 chapters. *cough* ~_^

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

NOoooo!, A Bobby Ewing is Right Out!

No having a dead character step out of the shower saying,

"it was all a dream"

No no no.

As to weird, define weird, I mean this IS BC and we have Laika, DD, Wholeman, and well, me here. How weird can it get?

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

You asked for it!

In a bored moment at work Sarah goes to the Lovecraft universe and ends up getting pregnant by Cthulhu. Deranged by the experience, she goes on a whirlwind tour of universes, using copied tentacle powers to rape and pillage her way through dozens of civilizations. In a lucid moment she portals back home and begs Erica to kill her and her unborn child. Instead Erica decides that this is an excellent opportunity for them to have a baby and ties Sarah up so she can't get away or hurt herself. Jill and Vash help keep her under control and Mike somehow manages to take Cthulhu form and impregnate Erica so they can both be pregnant at the same time. However, it drives her insane as well and the two of them go on a rampage throughout their own world, killing Mike in the process (Jill and Vash wisely stay well away from the two lunatics). Tiffany starts a new cult worshipping the two of them and their unborn children, who then take care of them when their pregnancies get too far along for further mayhem. Giving birth to these unholy monstrosities transforms both women into grotesque caricatures of themselves, even more insane than before. Soon they have the world under their twisted control with Tiffany as High Priestess. Fearing they might be a threat to their control of the planet, they hunt down Vash and Jill and kill them as well. George becomes a devout follower, and Mary becomes Tiffany's second in command. Oh, and Vash's cuteness causes a slow poison-like effect that kills Sarah and Erica.

That enough weirdness? ~_^

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

You have *issues*, Saless, you need more ...

Ketchup in your diet.

Ketchup has natural mellowing ingrediants that make lifes little problems, like Lovecraftian monster/gods, seem unimportant.

John in Wauwatosa

P.S. Wow, they must have some wild frat parties at Miscatonic U.

John in Wauwatosa

Issues, moi?!

Perish the thought! ;) You did kind of challenge me there, asking how weird it could get. I was only trying to show you! ;)

Ketchup, huh? I prefer barbecue sauce, or better yet, buffalo sauce! Mm, good stuff! And all three of them have vinegar, which is good for calming your stomach, if not the rest of you.

Miscatonic frat parties, wild? Let's put it this way, Lovecraftian tentacle monsters don't necessarily have big hang-ups about what gender their victims are... ;)

Saless

P.S. Especially considering they could probably fix that little gender issue if they really wanted to. Hmm, could easily make a TG story out of that... ;)
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Tentacle Porn?

You say the frats were making real live tentacle porn? That would definitely cause one to have issues.

I can think of a lot of places I would visit, but I would definitely stay away from anything that Lovecraft or King wrote. I would have to visit Pern, of course. I think I would resist any temptation to visit Norton's Witchworld. I would definitely check out Spindrift Island, and maybe Digby Allen's universe. Tom Swift would be interesting to talk to, too.

I would definitely look for a place (or maybe write my own) where I could acquire shape-shifting powers because shape shifting would be, like, totally awesomely cool! (Oops! I was channeling Joanie for a second there. All right, who put bleach in my shampoo?)

Oh, and I would definitely go visit my favorite kitty girls in the MORFS universe.

Ray Drouillard

Well, I'll say

Not nearly enough! ^_^

Faraway

P.S. Same goes for your questioning making Vash MORE CUTE!

On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Wow, you really are a

Wow, you really are a glutton! More weirdness and more cute?! You're going to bring about the end of the world in some kind of cute armageddon! ;)

Saless

P.S. Now there's a scary thought, a Lovecraftian monster with super Vash-style puppy dog eyes! ;)
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

OBJECTION!!!

Big Sad Puppy Dog Eyes Of Doom only work when they are smaller than the head of the person they are aimed at. Proven by some webcomic. ::evil redirect:: There was a link to in on TVTropes.

And besides, it is not too important to know how the world began. Much more important is knowing how it can be destroyed!
And whether you use this knowledge to prevent or to facilitate, well, that's completely up to you! ^_~

Faraway

On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Honoring BC

Given that the name of this website is "99 shoes in the Big Closet", shouldn't the "Big" chapter be number 99? ;-)

KJT

"Being a girl is wonderful and to torture someone into that would be like the exact opposite of what it's like. I don’t know how anyone could act that way." College Girl - poetheather


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Ack! Now I have even less

Ack! Now I have even less time to prepare something suitably weird! Oh, wait, I already did that! Hmm, I know, I'll make chapter 99/100 really boring! That'll throw everyone off!

Wait, what do you mean that's nothing new?! ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

I don't think...

that you're capable of writing a boring chapter.

(And no, that is not a challenge.)

Now weird, that I can believe!

Yes, Nice To See

The girls accept things about themselves. But that Vash, all he needs is for Sarah to enhance his form, or even make him more cute.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

MORE CUTE?!!

Are you trying to turn him into a weapon of mass destruction?! ~_^

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

so, when?

I love the story, but I'm frustrated. To me it seems all of this exposition is dragging a bit. Maybe it's partly because the short chapters make it seem that way.

The characters have been introduced (I hope that's all of them :)), please let the plot happen!

I have to make it clear, I wouldn't be frustrated if I wasn't totally absorbed -- with most stories I'd just stop reading new chapters, I can't DO that with yours!

As if there were no plot ...

... in the story so far.

Anyway, I like the slow pace of the story right now. This way I get to learn details about the characters that make them more "real". There are many stories with an interesting plot but far too little background information for my taste.

--- Martin

I know what you mean. There

I know what you mean. There have been lots of stories where I get to the end and I'm like, "What? Who are these people?!" Doesn't mean I don't like the story, but a little information on the characters would be nice! ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

The short chapters do have

The short chapters do have that effect, I think. Things should pick up soon. And thanks Misty! :)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America