Venus Cursed! - Chapter 40

Printer-friendly version
Venus_Cursed_4.jpg
by Saless
Chapter 40

Jill laughed at the look on Mike's face. "Vash and I were just having a conversation, Mike. I'm afraid you're going to have to get used to it, he says I'm his Mistress now."

"Mistress?!" Mike repeated numbly. "So we're stuck with the little fuzz ball?"

Hey, watch it! Vash growled.

"Be nice Mike, we're all stuck with each other now. It's not like he asked us to kill his old master, after all." Jill said.

Uh oh, you shouldn't have said that!" Vash said, jumping onto Sarah's lap just in time for her to break down crying again. He rubbed up against her and purred loudly. She was distracted from her tears and stroked his soft feathered wings absently.

"Did I really kill someone?" Sarah said dazedly.

"You were just protecting all of us." Erica said consolingly, wrapping herself around Sarah from behind. She rocked Sarah back and forth and the motion combined with the purring of Vash lulled her to sleep.

"It's late and we've all had a long day. Why don't you two go home, you've still got to drive back to Mike's parents' tomorrow." Erica suggested.

"Are you sure? I could carry Sarah back to her bed if you want." Mike suggested.

Erica shook her head. "No, we'll be fine. I just wish you had room for Sean in your plans for tomorrow." She replied.

Mike looked at her strangely and said, "We invited Sarah along, she refused. She felt it was better for my parents not to see her until she's back to normal."

"Oh. I guess that makes sense." Erica said.

"Don't be too upset with Sarah, she hated lying to you." Jill said.

Erica nodded, "Okay, I'll try. You guys go ahead on home and we'll see you when you get back."

Mike and Jill nodded and said goodbye to Erica and left.

Don't worry, I'll keep an eye on them for you. Vash said, still curled up on Sarah's lap.

Thanks, Vash! Jill replied with relief.


Erica fell asleep on the couch with Sarah on her lap, and Vash on hers.

She awoke in the morning laying on the couch with Sarah half on top of her. She didn't see Vash anywhere. She felt strange laying with another woman, but knowing it was Sean. She was interrupted from her musings by a pain in her back where the dagger was digging into her, and an urgent need to use the bathroom. Somehow she managed to slide out from underneath Sarah without waking her and stumbled into the bathroom.

When she returned she unbuckled the sword belt and hung it up in the closet. Sarah was still sleeping, so she looked through the fridge to see what there was to make for breakfast. Vash startled her by rubbing up against her leg, but he was gone again before she could even get over the surprise.

Grumbling, she continued her search and decided on an omelet. She was only half finished when Sarah stumbled into the kitchen sleepily. "Good morning Sean!" Erica greeted her cheerfully.

"Good morning Erica!" Sarah replied happily, ignoring the name. "What're you making?"

"Omelet. It'll be ready in ten or fifteen minutes." Erica replied.

"Cool. Is Vash still here?" Sarah asked.

"Should be, he rubbed up against my leg earlier." Erica said.

Sarah nodded, "I thought I saw him when I got up." She said as she got out plates and forks. "What do you want to drink?" she asked as she opened the cupboard to take down two glasses.

Erica thought for a moment about what she'd seen in the fridge. "How about some Sunny Delight, I think I saw some in there." She replied.

"Okay." Sarah said, pouring two glasses. She put the juice away and sat down at the table. "Erica?" she asked worriedly.

"Hmm?" Erica replied absently while chopping up onions.

"I'm really sorry about this whole mess, and all the lies I told you." Sarah said tearfully.

"It's not your fault, and we'll fix this soon." Erica said before realizing how upset Sarah was. She put down the knife and turned to find Sarah's head on the table and her shoulders shaking with silent tears. When did Sean get so emotional? she thought as she pulled a chair around next to Sarah and sat in it. "Shhh, it's okay honey." She soothed while rubbing Sarah's back.

When Sarah had calmed some Erica drew her head up off the table and looked her in the eye while saying, "It wasn't your choice for this to happen. We'll work together to get you back to normal." Erica was mystified when Sarah broke down in tears again, but held Sarah to her until the tears had passed. "Are you alright now, honey?" she asked.

Sarah nodded, "Yeah, I'm okay. I love you Erica!" she said with all the feeling she could muster behind the words. This time it was Erica who teared up and they embraced again.

When they separated Erica wiped away her tears and said, "I'd better finish up breakfast."

Sarah watched as Erica finished cooking their breakfast. She was worried what would happen if she didn't change back soon. Erica would have to go back to law school in a little over a week. Would she start looking at other guys if she was still a girl when Erica went back?

They ate quietly and Sarah helped Erica clean up afterwards. "So what do you want to do for Christmas?" Sarah asked.

Erica frowned thoughtfully, "Well, part of my plans aren't going to work anymore…" she said, looking at Sarah meaningfully.

Confused, Sarah was about to ask what she meant. She figured it out just as she was opening her mouth to ask. "Wh…oh!" she said in embarrassment.

Erica nodded. "Yeah. But we still might be able to if we can turn you back into yourself. How about we go have a talk with that bitch that did this to you in the first place?" she suggested.

Sarah's eyes widened in panic, "No! We can't go to her!"

Erica looked strangely at Sarah and asked, "Why not?"

"She's totally unreasonable! We barely said anything and she cursed me!" Sarah replied. She was really getting worked up and Erica was concerned she'd start hyperventilating.

"Okay! Relax and breath!" Erica instructed. Sarah did as she said and slowly calmed down. "You're really afraid of her, aren't you?" she asked softly.

"Wouldn't you be? Besides, she could turn you into a guy and then I wouldn't be able to change you back!" Sarah replied with tears in her eyes.

Erica winced at that idea. "Okay, that would be bad, I agree. How about this, we could go to one of Venus' temples instead of going directly to her." She suggested.

"I…I guess that might be okay." Sarah agreed reluctantly.

"Great! Let's find a book that will take us there." Erica said.

They went through Sarah's books and finally found a book that mentioned a temple of Aphrodite. "Will this work?" Erica asked, showing the book to Sarah. Sarah read through the part Erica pointed out to her.

"I guess. It's not Venus, but maybe that's for the best." Sarah replied.

"Great, let's go!" Erica said.

"What?! We can't go without Mike and Jill! We have to wait until tomorrow." Sarah exclaimed. She had only gone without either of them once, and she'd nearly died that time!

"Don't be silly Sean! You can change anyone's gender with a touch or open portals to escape, and you can shoot fireballs! And I'll use that sword and dagger I brought back to watch your back. I'm pretty sure they're magical, considering how light weight they are." Erica chided. "We can handle a trip to a temple easily!"

Sarah was uncertain, but eventually caved in. "I guess a temple shouldn't be all that dangerous." She finally agreed. Erica strapped on the sword and dagger again while Sarah opened the portal. Neither of them noticed Vash following them through the portal until he flew up onto Sarah's shoulder. "Vash! What are you doing?!" Sarah exclaimed.

Making sure you don't get yourself killed! Mistress Jill would be unhappy with me if something happened to you. he replied primly.

Sarah nearly fell down in surprise at hearing Vash's voice in her head. "You can talk to me, too?!" she asked.

I can make myself heard to any of you but Erica. Nulls are annoying that way. Vash replied in evident annoyance at his inability to talk to Erica.

"What are you talking about Sean?" Erica asked, looking from her to Vash. Vash hissed at her.

Sarah was momentarily distracted by Vash's response to Erica. "Uh…Vash can talk to me, telepathically. Apparently you're the only one he can't do that with. I guess he's like Jill." Sarah replied.

Actually, telepathy is an innate ability for imps like me. Jill's ability is different, and more powerful. But she's inexperienced and it is still developing, so she can't read your mind or talk to you like I can yet. Vash said.

"You mean she'll be able to eventually?!" Sarah nearly yelled in her panic at this news.


To Be Continued…

Thanks to Puddin for posting these for me! ^_^


up
79 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The Aftermath

Vash became a sorta-fuzzy-calming-pet for our group, and... I was right! Erica is indeed a Null! Yay me! Though I wonder how did author stumble upon this word in this context. I, personally, keep having flashes of Yosh! webcomic.

Erica has finally accepted the reality of situation, she has accepted Sarah, but she has definitely NOT accepted this situation as irreversible! And she is so far the most reasonable of the cast, capable of releiving Sarah of her fears...

Not that she doesn't need that skill! That pesky phobia of mind reading rears its head again, and at a really inappropriate time! What else could go wrong?!* Though it seems that Sarah is much more concerned about Jill being capable of reading her thoughts than she is about Vash. I wonder why?

Maybe it was something said earlier, about her self-esteem and deep ingrained belief that if she was known better by her friends they would have ceased being her friends.

Faraway

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

I didn't have anything in

I didn't have anything in particular in mind when I wrote that, but in retrospect it is very reminiscent of Yosh! ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

They keep doing it.

Everyone in this story seems to like to take chances. What's the use of having a powerful team when you insist on leaving half of them behind?

I wonder what Aphrodite is going to do this time. She is the goddess of love, so maybe she'll turn Erica into a bi. That would allow her to keep her original plans. It would also help Sarah accept her female self, which would then give her the ability to switch back and forth.

I'm getting to like Vash. I'm wondering what kind of mischief he is going to perpetrate, though. He may be everybody's buddy, but he is still an imp.

Why do I get the impression that living with him is going to be like living with Jade Sinclair? This could be fun.

I don't know if Vash could

I don't know if Vash could match Jade, but he'd probably have fun trying! ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

I Can See That Vash

Will be full of surprises. We still don't know the full extent of her powers.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

You're assuming Vash is

You're assuming Vash is female... ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America