Venus Cursed! - Chapter 45

Printer-friendly version
Venus_Cursed_4.jpg
by Saless
Chapter 45

"But what about you?" Jill asked.

What about me? Vash replied.

"You're more vulnerable than I am, aren't you?" Jill said as she put the ring on.

Hardly! I can fly, turn invisible, stun with mental attacks, or hit someone from a distance with a magical kinetic blast. Vash said.

"Wow, really? Okay, so we can all defend ourselves fairly well, I guess." Jill said, and relayed what Vash had said to the others.

"What's this kinetic blast?" Erica asked suspiciously.

That's how I hit you with that rock. It doesn't have any more power than a punch from Mike in human form, but it can be useful. Vash told Jill. She relayed this as well.

Mike yawned and said, "I don't know about you guys, but I'm beat!" The others agreed and Mike and Jill left with an invisible Vash on her shoulder.

This is very different! Are those big metal boxes what you call cars? Vash asked as they walked to Mike and Jill's apartment.

Yes, I forgot you don't have them where you come from. Jill replied with a mental chuckle.

I will be most interested in exploring this world. It is so different from my previous master's. Vash said, his invisible tail flicking eagerly at Jill's hair.

You make it sound like that wasn't your world. Jill said.

It wasn't, or not exactly. I come from one of the chaotic planes of that universe, so it is very different from my former master's home. But it is also very different from here. Vash replied.

Plane? Is that what they were talking about? Jill asked.

Yes. Vash replied with a chuckle, My former master and his apprentice thought that you and your friends traveled the planes of that universe. He had no idea you actually travel between universes.

Is that significant? asked Jill.

Very! They hoped to make use of Sarah's abilities for themselves, but they would have been far more anxious if they knew the full extent of them. There are many planeswalkers in that universe, but there are very few who can travel between dimensions. It takes a very special gift, or a great deal of power, to travel between dimensions. Vash explained.

A gift like Sarah's? Jill thought.

Yes, though I suspect she has the power, as well. Vash replied just as they reached the door to the apartment.

"You're very quiet." Mike said as he unlocked the door. "Are you talking to Vash again?" he asked.

"Yes, sorry." Jill said, and relayed the conversation she'd had with Vash to him.


Erica and Sarah exchanged anxious glances after the others left. "Um, why don't you take the bed and I'll sleep out here." Sarah said.

"Why?" Erica asked, looking confused and hurt.

"I thought you'd want to…" Sarah began, only to be silenced by Erica's finger on her lips.

"Stop right there! We slept on the couch last night together, and I didn't have any problem with that. I admit I'm having some trouble with this, but how am I ever going to get over it if we avoid each other?" Erica asked reasonably.

"Are you sure, I don't want to make you uncomfortable?" Sarah replied hesitantly.

"You'll only make me uncomfortable if you leave me all alone in your bed." Erica said. Sarah smiled and they both got ready for bed and crawled in together. Erica tried hard not to let on how weird it felt to cuddle up with Sarah in her new body and they quickly nodded off.

Sarah awoke to the smell of bacon and eggs frying. After a quick visit to the bathroom she threw on a robe and walked into the kitchen to find Erica making breakfast. "Good morning! Hungry?" Erica said cheerfully.

Sarah groaned and grumbled, "Morning people."

"I'll take that as a yes." Erica said brightly, preparing a plate for Sarah. "Eat up!" she said, putting the plate in front of Sarah.

By the time Sarah had finished eating she was fully awake. "Did you sleep okay?" she asked, wondering why Erica was up so early.

Erica nodded, "Yes, I slept fine. You were all worn out, so I decided to make you breakfast. I also wanted to give you this." Erica stepped over to the counter and pulled a wrapped box out from behind the bread box and handed it to Erica. "Merry Christmas!"

Sarah eagerly unwrapped the box and found a cell phone inside. "You've needed one of those for a while. And with the plan we've got we can call each other all we want!" Erica explained.

"Even when you're back in Massachusetts?" Sarah asked hopefully.

Erica smiled widely, "Yep, even when I'm back at school! This will be a lot better than IM, especially since we have unlimited texting to each other, too!"

Sarah grinned happily. "That's great! Thank you Erica!" she exclaimed. She went to kiss Erica, and then paused hesitantly. Erica held her arms out and Sarah gratefully sank into them.

"You know," Erica said when they came up for air, "this is one aspect I could get used to."

"What do you mean?" Sarah asked as she looked down into Erica's deep blue eyes.

"You only being a few inches taller than me instead of a full foot!" Erica replied with a laugh.

"It is nice, isn't it? Easier on my back, too." Sarah said, grinning.

"How is it easier on your back?" Erica asked.

"I don't have to bend over to kiss you!" Sarah replied, giving her a peck on the lips.

"Is that the best you can do?!" Erica demanded before putting one hand around the back of Sarah's neck and pulling her towards her.


Time to get up! Vash exclaimed cheerfully while laying on Jill's chest and purring.

"Uh, what?" Jill asked, confused.

The sun is up and so should you be! I want to see more of this world. Vash said.

"That's nice." Jill grumbled, rolling onto her side. Vash jumped clear and slapped Jill's face with his tail in passing.

Your mate has already been up for some time! Get up! Vash sent.

"Mike's always up early, that doesn't mean I have to get up!" Jill complained. A moment later she started getting up anyway, as she was now wide awake thanks to Vash.

Take a shower, that will wake you up! You humans seem to like to splash water on yourselves. Vash said in a tone that said he thought it was a crazy thing to do.

A wicked grin spread across Jill's face as she crawled out of bed and she grabbed hold of Vash as she made her way to the bathroom. "Why don't you join me then?" she said.

Several minutes later Mike was distracted from his reading when a soaked Vash jumped into his lap. Your mate is a cruel, cruel Mistress. he said melodramatically.

Mike smiled and carefully put his book aside where it wouldn't get wet. "I'm sure she just wanted you to be clean." He said, trying not to laugh.

This is not funny! Vash grumbled.

"It serves you right for rousting me out of bed so early!" Jill called as she walked past into the kitchen.

"First lesson for living with Jill, don't get her out of bed until she's ready!" Mike said with a chuckle.

Now you tell me! Vash said.

The smell of cooking bacon soon reached them as Jill started breakfast. A few minutes later she walked back to the bathroom and came out with a blow dryer. "I'll dry you off, Vash." She said as she plugged it into the nearest outlet to the couch.

That's the least you could do. Vash replied haughtily.

"All I did was make you take a shower! There's nothing wrong with being clean." Jill said as she turned on the dryer and started working on drying him.

I always keep myself clean! Vash exclaimed in indignation.

"Let me guess, with your tongue?" Mike said. He was gratified that Vash was speaking to both of them so he wouldn't be left out again.

Of course! That's the best way to remain clean! Vash huffed.

"Not to humans. You'd think you really were a cat, instead of an imp, with the way you go on about a little water!" Jill said.

Now that you mention it, I didn't use to bother cleaning myself much at all, in my last master's world. Perhaps whatever caused my transformation was of more than a physical nature. Vash mused.

"What caused that, anyway?" Mike asked curiously.

I don't know. I suppose it's possible that, your world having nothing similar to me in it, my body was changed to resemble an indigenous creature. Vash surmised.

"But nothing happened to me when I returned from Xanth in naga form." Mike said.

That may be because you are a shape shifter. You can change your shape to things that do not match the world you are on at any time. But then again, the reason could be something else. It could even be that I changed because of the desires of one of you. Vash said, glaring at Jill.


 
To Be Continued…

up
96 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

In front of their noses!

Will someone ask Vash just what Sarah's and the others' powers are? Then of course ask just what is Venus's curse? Argh! LOL

Hugs!

grover

Vash doesn't know

Vash doesn't know everything! ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Hah!

But Saless, she knows more than our intrepid group of adventurers knows right now. Vash should be glad Jill stopped with just the shower. I can her perfumed and be ribbon. She would so cute with a few bows! LOL

I am glad that Erica is trying to adapt. When you cut over to Jill and Vash, I groaned. I wanted to see more of Sarah and Erica this episode! :)

Hugs!

grover

Vash Could Answer the First One...

...I think, and seems to be doing so, if not exactly in comprehensive fashion.

It's an interesting question whether Vash knows the answer to the second one. I'm not sure anyone that we've met knows. (I'm not completely sure Venus herself knows, since the person who took the blow doesn't seem to be the one it was aimed at.) It's certainly possible that Sarah's current inability to change back to Sean is a symptom of the curse rather than the "disease" itself, especially since the comment from the magician at Xanth strongly suggested that her inability could be overcome without supernatural help.

Eric

A shower for Vash!

That was priceless, and he learned a valuable lesson there. Never, ever, wake a woman before she's ready to do so, and if you do, manage to have something handy that will distract her.

My So says I always gravitate to the weird characters, and I suppose she's right, but I really like Vash. *grin*

Vash is so much fun! I

Vash is so much fun! I enjoy writing him as much as you enjoy reading about him, I think!

Thanks Maggie!

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

I am happy that you have an SO.

I need one badly.

I am quite impressed with this story. It is cheerful, and engaging.

Khadija

Yeah, that sounds nice,

Yeah, that sounds nice, doesn't it? But I guess I would have to get out and meet people for that, huh? ;) Thanks Khadija!

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

What If Vash

Was the avatar of Erica? Could Vash bond with a Null? What if she was to handle Reverse Wood? or meet a sipon like Rogue or Sauron of X-Men? Can she counter the effects of a magical ring?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

As I once mused

And it was proven already, Erica is only immune to direct mystic effects. Vash, I suppose, is bonding via mental powers, and since Null is immune, so would bonding be impossible. Reverse Wood, I think, is mystic in its powers, and would have no effect. A siphon is iffy, for if the basis is natural, it could be possible. However, judging they siphon life force (usually) and LF is a mystic concept in my book, my guess is no. And countering the effects of magical ring are likely impossible unless one of following circumstances is in effect:
1)The Null has an aura that nullifies, so ring in the aura would not work - she has and likely can wield magical dagger and sword - so unlikely
2)The Null has a touch-based effect and touches the ring - she has and likely can wield magical dagger and sword - so unlikely
3)The Null once again has a touch-based effect and makes a punch in the throat with bare hand.
Interestingly, if the ring creates a force field just above the skin, and 1st and 2nd possibility are not present, she could utilise the protection for herself.

Faraway

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Good to see

that Erica seems to be making an effort to accept Sarah for who she is now, Rather than what she was before...And maybe the fact she has given Sarah a cell phone shows that she still wants Sarah as part of her life in the future.

Made me giggle a little when Vash had a shower... At least Jill stopped short of ribbons in the fur!!!!

Hugs Kirri

Who can they seek out?

It might be funny if they went to seek help from Rincewind, and he might even help accidentally. However, the one who might have the power is Pug.

Loving this story

I haven't commented in a while if ever, but have been waiting for every installment. This is great writing and keeping me amused. Very fun to read and appreciate the work put in to make it this good.

Thank you very much! I'm

Thank you very much! I'm glad you're enjoying it! ^_^

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Not that things are kind of straightened out...

It's time for another fun trip to yet another fantasy world. Pern, anyone? Second Foundation? (See if Erica's null powers work against them.) Known space? (Go visit Down and the Grogs.) Maybe the Pentwater Compound. Or, if they like taking chances, Barrayar.

What was the Pentwater

What was the Pentwater Compound? I feel like I ought to know, but I can't remember. But they've already been to Pern. ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Pentwater/Pern

I don't recall them going to Pern. (Or, is it one that you wrote but didn't release yet?)

Pentwater Compound is something that I added just because I felt like being an evil self-serving author. It's the home of Marvin Pentwater and his family and associates. You can read all about it in Incomplete Without You.

I knew I should remember

I knew I should remember that! Unfortunately there aren't many that I've written and not released yet (1). My buffer went up in smoke during my camping trip and I've been unable to rebuild it as yet. Hopefully this weekend will see that problem resolved. Anyway, Pern was where they were when Mike took a dragon form that could only speak telepathically. He later took that form again at Jurassic Park. I just didn't tell anybody where it was! ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

SO!... that means....

PattieBFine's picture

They have a flying teleport & time transit beast in him as well while he's in that Pern Dragon form ( trips between can cover distance AND time travel! BRRR that's a cold trip though!)