Venus Cursed! - Chapter 3

Printer-friendly version
Venus_Cursed_4.jpg
by Saless
Chapter 3

Sean awoke slowly. He didn't feel quite so tired today, even though he had another of those dreams. He still didn't feel like he got a full nights sleep, though. He dragged himself out of bed and got ready for work. He decided to have tea again, even though he felt more awake. After breakfast and tea he left for work.

Things were better at work. He only had one customer come up to him with a truly stupid question. He even had one customer who knew exactly what they wanted! That astonishing event lifted his spirits a bit.

His drive home was a lot easier today and he began to think his problems with sleep were coming to a close. After parking his car he walked over to Mike and Jill's, as agreed.

"Hi guys." He said when Mike opened the door and let him in.

"You need to quit knocking, Sean, and just come in. You're like family!" Jill admonished after hugging Sean.

"Yeah, Sean, our home is your home." Mike agreed warmly.

Sean didn't know how to respond to that, except by blushing and examining his shoes. "Thanks guys." He mumbled.

"So, what's for dinner?" Jill asked. Sean already knew what he wanted to cook, so he got straight to it with Jill's help. Mike sat back and watched, he'd been banned from cooking duty long ago.

"It doesn't really have a name." Sean said as they worked. "I just threw a bunch of stuff together once and liked it, so I make it every now and then. It has the advantage of making a lot, so I can freeze the leftovers and heat them up on days when I don't feel like cooking something." Sean explained.

"Mmm, smells great! Can we get some of these leftovers?" Jill asked hopefully.

Sean shrugged. "It's your ingredients I'm cooking with." He pointed out.

Jill smiled happily. He would never admit it, but he was a better cook than Jill, and more adventurous. Jill mostly cooked simple things, or with recipes. She'd never seen Sean cook with a recipe once.

They were soon digging into Sean's concoction, as he called it. "This is good stuff!" Mike said appreciatively.

"Mmhm!" Jill agreed.

"So how are things going at the gym?" Sean asked, uncomfortable as always with the praise.

"About the same as usual." Mike replied. "I'm teaching two martial arts classes right now, as well as a women's self defense class."

"Mike insisted I join that one." Jill said.

Mike shrugged, "Every woman should learn some basic self defense, I think."

"So what are you doing this weekend?" Jill asked.

"Other than going to my classes and doing my homework, not much." Sean replied with a shrug.

"Why don't you come over here after your classes? You can do your homework here and then we can do something." Jill suggested.

"I do my homework on my computer. But you can come over if you want." Sean replied. "I've been meaning to give these to you anyway." He rummaged in his pockets and came up with two new keys.

"What are those?" Mike asked.

"Keys to my apartment. That way you can come over any time. Like you said, family." Sean shrugged awkwardly.

Jill squealed and hugged Sean. "Thanks Sean! We'll get a key for our place made up for you. I should have done that sooner."

"Yeah, thanks Sean! I should have thought of that." Mike agreed.

They finished eating and cleaned up. Jill was ecstatic about the amount of leftovers that were left and froze them for later.

"When will you get home from your classes?" Mike asked.

"About one o'clock." Sean answered.

"We'll be there a little after that, then." Mike replied.

"So how's the dream situation?" Jill asked as they settled on the couch in the living room.

"I did have another of those dreams last night, but I wasn't as tired as the last couple of days. I still didn't feel like I got a full night of sleep, though." Sean replied.

"Hopefully you'll get plenty of rest tonight. I'd hate to be nearby during your archery class if you don't!" Mike said.

"I think it's going away, whatever it is. I'm sure I'll be alright tomorrow." Sean replied.

They discussed what they might do after Sean's classes and homework the next day for a while. Sean decided it was getting late and he should go call in on Erica and go to bed.

"I'll see you tomorrow afternoon." He called as he walked towards the door.

"See you then!" Mike agreed.

Jill ran over and gave him a hug before saying, "Have a good night!"

After he left Mike said, "He does seem better today. Maybe he'll be alright after all."

"I sure hope so." Jill replied worriedly.


 
Sean walked home and let himself in. Soon he was back on the computer talking to Erica.

SeanDreamer has logged on
Erica378 has logged on
<SeanDreamer>: Hi Erica, how are you?
<Erica378>: Not bad, how about you?
<SeanDreamer>: Better. I had another of those weird dreams, but I don't feel as tired this time.
<Erica378>: That's good to hear! How was work?
<SeanDreamer>: Not bad. I even had a customer who asked intelligent questions for once!
<Erica378>: LOL! That's unusual for you! How was dinner?
<SeanDreamer>: I made that concoction of mine. They seemed to like it OK.
<Erica378>: Hmm, translated from Sean speak that means they loved it, as they should! You never give yourself enough credit.
<SeanDreamer>: What are you doing for the weekend?
<Erica378>: Changing the subject as usual I see! A couple of friends and I are going to study together. Sounds fun, huh? ;)
<SeanDreamer>: Oh yeah, fun! Mike and Jill are coming over after I get back from classes tomorrow. We haven't decided what we're gong to do yet, though.
<Erica378>: Sounds better than what I have planned.
<SeanDreamer>: I guess so.
<Erica378>: I miss you.
<SeanDreamer>: I miss you more!
<Erica378>: I'd better let you get some sleep so you don't shoot someone tomorrow! ;)
<SeanDreamer>: LOL! Okay, have a good night!
<Erica378>: You too! I love you!
<SeanDreamer>: I love you more!
<Erica378>: Talk to you tomorrow!
<SeanDreamer>: Tomorrow!
Erica378 has logged out
SeanDreamer has logged out

By the time he'd turned off his computer Sean's fatigue was catching up with him. After a quick trip to the bathroom he crawled in bed. The feather fluttered again, this time landing in plain sight, but the lights were off.


 To Be Continued…
 

up
91 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

They r really good, but at

They r really good, but at the same time I wish they were a little longer or at least a little quicker in pace. Reading about this guy's daily life isn't particularly interesting. :-(

Thanks!

Well, it is a daily updating story, so that should help. And things are going to get more interesting, I promise! ;)

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

If he's a good cook

you could at least give us the recipe?

LoL
rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

I would,

But he doesn't use them! ;)

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

But...

...he does, just not a formal, written one. It may even have variable ingredient lists. It's still a recipe since he seems to get fairly consistent results. :-P
-Liz

-Liz

Successor to the LToC
Formerly known as "momonoimoto"

Consistent results, what are

Consistent results, what are those? ;)

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

No luck yet !

Been trying to see if there some connection between the what Sean is doing during the day to what he dreams at night......No luck yet! ....Mind you,I never was any good at mysteries!

Kirri

Try re-reading the last

Try re-reading the last sentence! ;)

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

I Wonder

Could Sean have pissed off Venus or Cupid and be getting these dreams as punishment?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Unfortunately, you won't

Unfortunately, you won't find out where the name comes from until at least chapter 10 (I've already written chapter 9 and it's really close, but it may take two chapters to get there, I'm not sure yet). Please keep reading!

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America