Venus Cursed! - Chapter 19

Printer-friendly version
Venus_Cursed_4.jpg
by Saless
Chapter 19

"That could explain a lot." Jill mused. She shook her head and dismissed that issue. "We can worry about that later. Right now we need to get you online and educate you!" Jill told Sarah sternly.

"What for?" Sarah complained.

"You know why! Even if you weren't posing as a transgendered woman I'd want you to learn this. Your attitude is all wrong!" Jill replied, steering Sarah to her computer and turning it on for her.

"What are you talking about?" Mike asked, following behind them with a bemused expression.

Jill grabbed Mike's arm and pulled him down onto a chair next to Sarah. "You should see this too Mike. Sarah has some odd ideas about transgendered people. I want to make sure the two of you learn about them. They get too much flack as it is." Jill replied.

Dinner was forgotten as Jill took her friends through the different sites she'd visited when learning about transgendered people in order to help Sarah. Both Mike and Sarah had thoughtful expressions when she was through. "I want both of you to look more thoroughly at those sites later, okay?" Jill asked.

They both nodded. "I had no idea they had it that bad." Mike said.

Jill nodded. "Yeah, they do. And Sarah's posing as one of them. I still think it's the best solution, but there are issues we all need to be aware of."

Sarah kept browsing the sites while Mike and Jill sat on the couch. "What was Sarah saying, anyway?" Mike asked curiously.

"She kept saying that transgendered women aren't real women. It made me so mad at first, but I realized after a while that she really didn't have any clue at all. It's strange though. She seemed more like someone who's been fed all kinds of misinformation than someone who was simply ignorant." Jill replied thoughtfully.

"Well, her parents are kind of religious, maybe she picked something up from them." Mike said.

"That could be." Jill agreed. "There's something weird going on, though. Maybe it's Venus' curse, maybe not, but some people clearly think Sarah was always a girl. I was afraid her change in height would be an issue, but they ignore it! Even the ones who didn't think she was a girl don't see anything strange about her appearance! It's great that things are going so smoothly, but I'm worried. Especially about how things will go at Sarah's job on Monday."

"Don't worry about Monday. We might break Venus' curse before then and, if we don't, I'll stick to Sarah like glue. She'll be fine." Mike assured her.

"I hope so." Jill said worriedly.

"Hey, guys, get in here!" Sarah called out excitedly. Mike and Jill exchanged curious glances and hurried over to the computer.

"What?" Mike asked.

Sarah turned around to look at them and pointed back at the screen. "I've found a great site! It was linked from one of the sites Jill showed us. It's a free story site that specializes in transgender fiction! All of the stories on the site have some kind of transgendered element, and many of them involve complete transformations!" she explained, beaming.

"Hey, that's great!" Mike exclaimed. "There should be all sorts of stories there that could help you!"

Jill looked worried, but the other two didn't notice in their excitement over Sarah's discovery. "I've just got to sort through these stories to find the ones that involve complete transformations. Once I've done that I can read them and find one that will do what I want!" Sarah said.

They left Sarah to her searching and returned to the couch. "This might be resolved pretty quickly, now." Mike said.

Jill shook her head sadly. "I don't think it's going to be that simple. We've already tried things that ought to have worked, and they didn't. I'm afraid only the power of a god or goddess is going to fix this."

Mike seemed surprised at Jill's pessimism. "Well, there are probably stories in there that involve gods." He replied.

"That could be, the hard part will be getting Sarah to use a story that involves gods. She's been avoiding them since Venus, not that I blame her." Jill said.

Jill went into the kitchen to make dinner, so Mike joined Sarah to see if she'd made any progress. "Find anything promising?" he asked.

"Maybe. There's a long list of transformation stories, so I'll have to read through them one by one." Sarah replied.

"Any way I could help?" Mike asked hopefully.

"I'll print out the story list; you can start at the bottom while I start at the top. How's that?" Sarah asked. Mike agreed, so Sarah printed the list out and gave it to him. He retrieved his laptop from his apartment and returned with it to help find a useful story.

They stopped for dinner, and then went back to it. Jill read over Mike's shoulder, or sometimes Sarah's. They didn't find anything that Sarah liked that night, but Sarah felt a lot more positive about things than she had.

While Sarah logged on to chat with Erica, Mike and Jill returned to their apartment.

The next day they were all back at it, this time Jill brought her laptop so all three of them could read. They were at it for hours before Mike found a story he thought would be good. "Hey, Sarah, how about this one?" he called out.

Sarah took a look at the story Mike pointed out. "I wonder if the author realizes she used a Star Wars quote for the title?" she mused aloud.

"Probably, it's a rather cumbersome title, otherwise." Jill replied. "What's it about?"

"These people use spirit energy to transform their bodies and do all kinds of super human stuff." Explained Mike.

"Is it violent?" Jill asked worriedly.

"Not really. There was one fight, but that's it." Mike replied.

"Sounds promising. What do you think, Sarah?" Jill asked.

Sarah had been busy reading the first part of the story while they were talking. "I haven't finished the first part yet, but it sounds good to me. I want to read it all before we go there, though, so I know what we're getting into." She replied.

"We'll keep looking while you read then." Mike said.

They broke for lunch a little while later, but Sarah still had a lot of reading to do. Jill spotted a story she thought might be useful and bookmarked it. By the time Sarah finished reading Mike and Jill had each bookmarked another story. "Okay, I'm ready to go." Sarah announced when she finished.

"That's nice, but I think we should eat first." Jill remarked, noting the time. To Jill's, and especially Mike's, surprise, Sarah opted to eat out. Mike was surprised to see that Sarah was wearing a long, flower print skirt.

"I thought you'd get nothing but pants and T-shirts." He said.

Sarah shrugged. "I would have, but they didn't have anything that fit. I'm too tall, I guess."

After a short drive they arrived at the restaurant. Sarah felt very self-conscious in the skirt, but was grateful that it was long enough to cover her legs. There was a long line to wait in, and then they were able to order and take a table.

"Maybe I won't have to give the transgender story at work." Sarah mused hopefully.

"Don't get your hopes up, Sarah. I hope it works, but we've already had a few promising ideas fail." Jill warned.

"I know." Sarah sighed. "But it would be so much better if nobody at work ever knew about this. School seems to be going well, but I know it will be an entirely different matter at work."

The food had arrived and Sarah had already finished hers when she decided to use the restroom. Jill went with her, since she hadn't used a public restroom yet. "Don't forget to sit down." Jill warned Sarah at the restroom door.

"I always do." Sarah mumbled as she headed for a stall.

"What was that?" Jill asked.

"Nothing." Sarah replied. After washing their hands they left the bathroom and nearly ran into a man leaving the men's room. "Excuse me." Sarah mumbled, not looking up.

"Sean? Is that you? Oh, this is perfect!" the man exclaimed in glee. Sarah looked up and was horrified to see it was John Green from work. "The pussy wants a pussy! I'm looking forward to work tomorrow, this should be lots of fun!" he said with an evil leer. Sarah shuddered as she watched him walk away.

"Are you okay Sarah?" Jill asked worriedly.

Sarah sagged. "It doesn't matter." She said softly.

"What are you saying; of course it matters if you're okay!" Jill exclaimed.

Sarah shook her head impatiently. "No, I meant it doesn't matter if I change back tonight or not. Everybody at work will know about me before I ever get there." She said despairingly.


 To Be Continued…

up
91 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Talking About Gods

What about the GOD in the Bible?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Well...

if you can talk Sarah into it... ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

God

God from bible? God of old semit israel was quite shovinist and unforgiving, if someone than maybe Jesus would be better, he seemed to be in better mood.

Crossover much?

If we put the names to the things, a very easy guess would be BCTS, POWYHL, and possibly LL's FQ Universe with P bum. I think everyone is well read enough to understand me. And apparently, Sean can't get himself out of trouble after all. I wonder, just how legal would be taking some recorders and minicameras at work and then suing the lot of asses for the inch of their lives with hostile environment accusations?

Oh, and on the same note, how are things going with POWYHL? I miss it.

Faraway

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Yep!

I'll be including a little crossover in the next chapter of POWYHL, which I hope to have out in a week or so. I've been having trouble with it, but it's coming! In the meantime, you'll be able to read about it in Venus Cursed!

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Alphabet Soup

Nothing like making things cryptic for those that haven't read every author on site yet (I've been here about a month and currently have at least half a dozen tales in progress [i.e. ones still being updated] roaming around my head...)

BCTS is obviously this site (I've spotted several authors slip in sneaky references without naming it directly!), POWYHL looks like Pass on What You Have Learned (another of Saless' stories - only decoded it when I saw it in the story list sidebar), but what on earth is:

"LL's FQ Universe with P bum"?

 
 
--Ben


This space intentionally left blank.

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

How about ...

Jezzi Stewart's picture

Andersonville or Ovid? Might have better luck in Andersonville with Hera in charge, rather than Ovid where you have to be at death's door to get a hearing from good old Jupe. Maybe Sean should check out the F to M stories, though.

"All the world really is a stage, darlings, so strut your stuff, have fun, and give the public a good show!" Miss Jezzi Belle at the end of each show

BE a lady!

Probably not.

Probably not. While I enjoyed Andersonville for the most part, I'd be too tempted to have Mike turn back into a dragon and eat Jupiter or something! ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Ovid...

I don't know anything about Andersonville, but Ovid is definitely too risky. They're all way too likely to end up being permanent residents.

When it comes to magic, if that super powerful wizard can't do it, they really don't have any choice but to go with a god or goddess.

On the other hand, a technological solution might just be the ticket. They need to find a universe where the technology exists to do the transformation, and where the people aren't going to pull some nasty stunt.

Sara from the Whateley universe could probably do it. I know it's kind of a magic deal, but she is a GOO, after all.

The Doctors Martin (MORFS) can definitely do a physical transformation, but there's no guarantee that he would stay that way. MORFing her into a shape shifter would probably do the trick.

And I can guarantee that the Doctors Martin will do their best, and won't pull any nasty stunts.

Ray Drouillard

I do so hope

that something happens to John Green mean nasty man that he is ,Men like that make my blood boil, And if i was Sarah i would have told him exactly what i thought of him !!!!

Right! That's my little rant over(i do feel SO much better now!)so i guess i'd better get back to what i came here to do....

A couple of things struck me in this episode that suggest Sean for all his protestation deep down would not object to staying as Sarah.

First of all we find Sarah going out for dinner dressed in a skirt, which given the objections in the past does seem to indicate that Sarah is now more accepting of her new gender....And then we had the little aside on the way to the restroom which suggests that Sean is not being totally honest with Jill and Mike.

Taken in isolation maybe they do not mean much, But if you add all the little clues together, You do start to come up with a picture of someone less than happy with their present gender!

Kirri

I think if Sarah had told

I think if Sarah had told him exactly what she thought of him it would have ended in a gender changing slap that might have been a little hard to explain... ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

John Green

that something happens to John Green mean nasty man that he is ,Men like that make my blood boil, And if i was Sarah i would have told him exactly what i thought of him !!!!

Sarah can always tell him where to go, then push him through a portal! Maybe he ought to carry a copy of Dante's Inferno -- which can be found at the Gutenberg project.

I know... really, really mean.

I Believe...

...that Sean did consider introducing him to Jurassic Park a few chapters ago. Probably an easier method of disposal, if a less eternal torment.

If Sarah does have control of her powers, she's certainly in a good position to torment or dispose of her enemies. (And if all else fails there's always archery.)

Eric

Archery?

Why take a bow and arrow to a gun fight? What she needs is a blaster or phaser or something like that.

Now, if she can find a part of a story that describes an abandoned or secluded arms dump, they can all load up on weapons that would be taken as toys by anyone (in the real world) searching them. Add a few clothing items, buttons, or other decorations, and they would be taken as harmless fanboys/fangirls.

While they're at it, they need to pick up some cash so that Sarah can quit her job.

Phasers on stun, Mister Mike.

Ray Drouillard

I have one!

In the story, a modern boy through a fluke ended up in prehistoric times, and befriended two runaways from the local tribe. Coinscidentally, an alien vessel crashed on the planet near their location a few months ago, and they decided to go look. On that ship, there was an arsenal, guarded by the robot that had a conveniently placed on-off switch on its back. All the crewmembers were dead. The arsenal included forcefield jackets and helmets with pulse blasters that aim by sight and fire on mental command.

Faraway

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

So you noticed that too, Kirri

I quote from the story.

>>
The food had arrived and Sarah had already finished hers when she decided to use the restroom. Jill went with her, since she hadn't used a public restroom yet. "Don't forget to sit down." Jill warned Sarah at the restroom door.

"I always do." Sarah mumbled as she headed for a stall.

"What was that?" Jill asked.

"Nothing." Sarah replied.
>>

I agree, Kirri, this could be a biggie. Is it simply Sean/Susan making a mildly sarcastic comment about her current plight, being a physical woman, or is this a Freudian slip and she has revealed a secret of her male past?

Why would a male sit down all the time to use the toilet? Intersexed, secretly wished to be a female so acted like one in private or ...?

Things are coming to a head soon it seems so maybe our crafty author will take pity and pitch us a few bones of truth to gnaw on?

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Why? Maybe because he's lasy?

A weird habit I have is that more often than not I also sit down on the white pal. For no particular reason, even. So it's not that far-fetched to think he would have such a habit, especially if he was, for example, a little short of sleep. It's easier this way than to exert oneself aiming in semi-dreaming state. And his remark about always must be a spoken exaggeration based on the habit..

Faraway

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Well apparently

the curse is no failsafe for accepting Sean's new gender. I wonder why. Is it because John Green is a particular nasty man? Or is he a closet homosexual with homophobic traits to suppress his damnable urges and a secret infatuation with Sean? Maybe his mean spiritedness is impenetrable by the light of the goddess of Love?
Who knows. But whatever reason, Sean/Sarah should not return to work. No job is worthy of enduring the endless abuse and loathsome action s/he endures time and again. There are other jobs, and hir perspective on the job market has changed significantly. I think s/he could easily find some other job with much better colleagues.

More troublesome is the future of hir relation with Erica. As an appreciative member and avid reader of the stories here at BCTS I am more or less convinced that rather than finding a solution for hir plight in one or more of the stories, s/he will come to the realization that s/he'd better accept her present status. Maybe s/he'll come to turns with a lingering and pestering inclination about hir 'true being' now that s/he's learning about gender dysphoria. Something which was clearly alien, due maybe to hir parents' religious beliefs and upbringing, and misunderstood and rejected.

Anyway, up till now I enjoy following the journey Saless is leading us in the discovery, realization and solving of the conundrum Sean/Sarah and hir talents and troubles.

Jo-Anne

That seems very important

Why did the nasty man from work still see Sean as Sean and not Susan?

Why does he see her as him and thus proof that Sean is a *crossdressing freak* and deserving of continued abuse? This is odd and important.

It brings up the burning question why were so many seeing Sean as female or effeminate BEFORE the altercation with Venus. Still need to know why/how Sean/Susan got the portal power. I still wonder if Sean was always Susan but cursed to be a man or concealed as one to protect her. If so it was done before or soon after birth as Sean was comfortable as a man and had/has a girlfriend.

This is all *verrrrry interestink*, as Artie Johnson's German soldier used to say on Laugh In.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Sarah does have the problem

Sarah does have the problem of identity, she doesn't have any ID right now. That makes applying for other jobs kind of difficult.

Thanks Jo-Anne!

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

I disagree

Using the transgendered cover she could just as well use her 'old' id. But one could argue that s/he wouldn't want to change jobs just now, while s/he plans to be back in hir male persona shortly. A reverie s/he'll learn the improbability of in time, I imagine.

No thanks Saless, I am much more indebted to your continuous effort.

Jo-Anne

Thanks anyway Jo-Anne! ;)

Thanks anyway Jo-Anne! ;) When I said she had no ID, I was referring to the fact that her wallet was incinerated with her clothes when she became female, by the way.

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Venus missed?

OK... So we're talking about a very powerful immortal goddess who is thousands of years old. She aims a zap at point blank range, and ends up hitting the wrong person?

I don't think that the Greek/Roman gods are omniscient, but I'm sure she knew a whole lot more about what was going on than our three heroes assumed.

She missed?

If Sean was female inside, I suspect that the goddess of love and beauty saw it right away (before she turned around and 'noticed' them,) put on her 'vengeful goddess' act, and fixed the situation.

Curse, indeed. heh

Ray Drouillard

You give her a lot of

You give her a lot of credit, she would have had to anticipate Sean jumping in front of Mike at the last minute. Also, we don't know how old she is, she could be quite young for all we know! ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Credit?

Of course I give her credit. She's a goddess.