Venus Cursed! - Chapter 52

Printer-friendly version
Venus_Cursed_4.jpg
by Saless
Chapter 52

They were quiet on the drive out, as they were all tired from the fighting in the tomb. Jill volunteered to do the ordering since the others had been more active in the fighting than she had. Mike and Erica gratefully found a table to relax in with Sarah following behind.

Once Jill had finished ordering she took her seat next to Mike. "If we're going to be doing that kind of fighting again, I think I'd prefer it be somewhere a little more open." Mike said.

"Claustrophobic?" Erica asked curiously.

Mike shook his head, "No, but most of the forms I've taken so far are rather large. Naga form works in close quarters, but it's not nearly as powerful as a dragon or giant."

"How many forms do you have, anyway?" Erica said.

Mike looked thoughtful and counted them out on his fingers as he said, "The first was a dragon. Invisible giant was next, followed by a different kind of dragon. Naga was after that. After that was T-Rex. Finally, there was that wolf form the wizard forced me into. I think I could get that form back again, anyway. So that makes six, even if two of them are dragons."

"What's the difference between the two dragon forms?" Erica asked.

"Well, the first dragon form is bigger, tougher, breaths fire, and talks. The second dragon form is probably faster, being smaller, and can teleport through time and space. And it's telepathic." Mike said.

"Maybe we should look into getting you more shapes you can shift into." Erica suggested. Mike was about to answer when the pizzas arrived. Everyone's attention was diverted to eating for a while after that.

"So what did you have in mind for getting me more shapes to use?" Mike asked after he'd finished eating his sixth slice.

"How about a demon? A human sized demon would be pretty deadly." Erica suggested.

"I'm pretty sure I'd have to see a demon in order to be able to shift into one. I don't think I really want to do that." Mike replied.

"Good point." Erica said.

"How about a gargoyle?" Sarah suggested.

Mike nodded, "That could work. They're roughly human sized."

"Okay, so what else?" Erica asked, intent on gathering an arsenal of forms for Mike.

"Beholder?" Jill said, and then shook her head, "No, that'd be too dangerous too."

"With the other forms he already has I would think the gargoyle form would take care of it. He can always copy the forms of other creatures we see as we go." Sarah said.

"Sarah's right. Besides, to get the really powerful forms he'd have to get entirely too close to them." Jill said.

"Yeah, gargoyle should do it for now. I'll just make a point of copying any forms I can." Mike said. Erica reluctantly gave up convincing them and got a box for the pizza. When they returned they found Vash had separated several items from the pile.

"Made some progress?" Jill said.

Yes, I have. I checked the bow first after you left, as I thought Sarah would appreciate it. It shouldn't take too much strength to draw, but will fire with much greater force. It's also more durable, as magical items tend to be, and you will be able to shoot with greater accuracy. Vash replied.

Sarah picked up the bow from the pile. It was made of a smooth, nearly grain-less white wood with runes of gold etched into it all along its length. "I'll have to try it out sometime. I haven't done any target shooting since my archery class ended, anyway," she said.

I took a look at the quivers of arrows next. The arrows in this quiver will penetrate almost any armor. Vash said, tapping one of the quivers with his paw. The arrows in this quiver will electrocute whatever creature they hit. Vash said, pawing the second quiver.

"Sounds useful." Sarah said. "It's too bad we don't have more of them.” Each quiver held a dozen arrows.

We do. I almost missed it, but the quivers themselves are also magical. So long as there is an arrow in them, but less than a dozen, it will generate new arrows of the same type. Vash said.

"Cool! Then the first thing to do is take an arrow out of each." Sarah said, doing so.

"Why?" Mike asked.

"So that we never run out of these types of arrows. I'll mark these and store them away somewhere so that if I ever use up all the arrows in the quivers I'll be able to make more of them." Sarah replied.

An excellent idea. Vash said as Sarah marked the arrows and removed the quivers from the pile Vash had already examined and put them with her other quiver. That left three objects; two wands and a pair of bracers.

"What about those bracers?" Mike asked.

They have a similar enchantment to Jill's ring, though not as powerful. They will protect their wearer from physical attacks only, however. Vash replied.

"Sounds like a good one for you, Erica." Sarah said.

"Me? Why not Mike?" Erica asked.

Sarah shrugged, "We don't know how Mike's shape shifting would work with them, and he won't need them in some of his forms. You don't need the magical or psionic defense, so their lack of that won't be a drawback for you."

"I certainly don't need them, my ring does more than they do." Jill added.

Erica looked at Mike and he said, "Go ahead and take them, they're a perfect fit for you." So, Erica took the bracers and put them in the closet with her sword and dagger.

"I don't remember finding any wands." Jill said, looking at the remaining objects.

You didn't, but I found them. They belonged to the wizard. Vash replied.

"So what do they do?" Mike asked.

The green one casts a spell that detects magic. Once the spell is cast the person who cast it will see a glow coming from any enchanted object. The glow will be different colors depending on the type of magic. Red denotes a curse, blue is permanent magic, like in these objects, and purple means the magic is temporary. Vash said.

"That could come in handy, though you seem to be able to do the same." Jill said.

Yes, I can, though it works differently. The red wand casts a spell that fires a magical missile. It doesn't do a lot of damage, but it also doesn't explode on impact. Vash said with a significant look at Sarah.

"Wait, you want me to use these wands like I did the fireball wand, don't you?" Sarah asked.

Yes, I believe you will learn to cast these spells on your own after using them a time or two. Vash replied.

"That really would be helpful. Then you could blast stuff even when it's close up without blasting us." Jill said. "Sounds like those are for you."

Sarah shrugged and took the wands. "How do I use them?" she asked.

They are like the fireball wand, they have an activation word. The green wand is activated by saying 'Desma', the red one by saying 'Macor'. Vash said.

Sarah nodded, "Okay, I'll use them when I can. Thanks for figuring these things out for us Vash."

You're welcome. May I suggest that some practice in your various abilities, and with your new equipment, would be useful? Vash said.

"That's a good idea. There are some areas around here where we wouldn't be seen and could get away with doing some damage to the landscape." Jill said.

"Why not use somewhere in another world?" Erica asked.

"I'd rather not." Jill replied. "Even the safest of places has a tendency to become dangerous, or at least complicated, when we do that. Here we know what we're dealing with."

They debated the point briefly, but Erica was soon outnumbered and gave in. Noticing the time, Mike and Jill decided to go home. "Come on Vash, let's leave the love birds alone." Jill said with a grin. Sarah and Erica both blushed at that and said their goodbyes. Once they'd left Sarah put the wands on the kitchen table and they both got ready for bed.

"I am soo tired!" Erica exclaimed as she crawled into bed.

"I can imagine." Sarah said. "Considering how many times you had to swing that sword of yours. Even as light as it is it's got to be tiring. I'm rather tired, too." Sarah joined Erica in bed, but they were too tired to do more than cuddle up together and drift off to sleep.


 
To Be Continued…

up
96 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Erica is a thril seeker, Mike's talent may be a key ...

to helping Erica and Sarah/Sean.

I quote.

>>
"Okay, so what else?" Erica asked, intent on gathering an arsenal of forms for Mike.

"Beholder?" Jill said, and then shook her head, "No, that'd be too dangerous too."

"With the other forms he already has I would think the gargoyle form would take care of it. He can always copy the forms of other creatures we see as we go." Sarah said.

"Sarah's right. Besides, to get the really powerful forms he'd have to get entirely too close to them." Jill said.

"Yeah, gargoyle should do it for now. I'll just make a point of copying any forms I can." Mike said. Erica reluctantly gave up convincing them and got a box for the pizza
>>
Erica is either like a prudent general and wants overwhelming force on their side for any future battle, that or she is at least a risk taker/thrill seeker, not a risk avoider. Mike's comment suggests that if they met the same Venus again he could copy her, if they survived the encounter. Or is their previous encounter enough and he doesn't realize it?
Hum, if Sarah can master or is it mistress any magic after using the magical device a couple times, what if she held onto Mike as he changed? Could she copy his powers? Or the shadowkind if and when she joins the band of adventures. I only hope Erica doesn't lose sight of the primary goal, getting Sean back.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

So Mike's a "magical device"

So Mike's a "magical device" now? ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

But of couse!

Jill seems to *think* so.

-- snicker --

Um, I wonder what form he was in he other night when Jill and he, um ...

I'll go wash my mouth out with soap.

A DRAGON?!

TWO bars of soap.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

John! You have such a dirty

John! You have such a dirty mind! ;) Well, since I set you up, I'll provide the soap! ^_~

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Could it be ?

[email protected] That Erica has pulled her head into the fresh air and sunlight ? Could there possibly be a happy , loving , ending for these two young people ? Tune in next time when we once againe bring to you the Ovaltine Hour !! I love /hate hanging like this !!

Cavrider----Just another " Grunt."

Ovaltine

Ovaltine Hour??

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Made up

[email protected]-----Made up euphanisim for thr Saturday Serials I suffered through as a youngin .

Cavrider----Just another " Grunt."

Ah!

Thanks for the explanation!

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

What They Need Now,

Is to gt the ten rings of Iron Man's enemy. With them, ot Sauron's One Ring, they'd be unstoppable. Or get the Darksword. It absorbd magic, and power.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

There is the Witchblade, Excalliber, and so on

I'd just go to one of Douglas Adams's books and get that red flashing krikkit ball, the one that when detonated links the cores of stars together into one massive universal-wide hypernova.

Effective but crude as the Doctor would say.

Hum, visit Doctor Who in his TARDIS or Galefrey before their distruction in the Time War? They were all but omnipotent.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

I don't know, the side

I don't know, the side effects of Sauron's Ring might be a little...unpleasant. Erica might be able to wear it safely, but it wouldn't do her much good, either!

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

LoTR - condensed version

Since the whole point of the quest was to destroy the ring...

1) Sarah & co turn up and use their overwhelming firepower to obtain the ring.
2) Erica threads the arrow through the ring (as she's a null, even if it did have an effect on her, it would probably take longer for the effect to manifest itself than the others)
3) Sarah opens up a portal in front of them.
4) Sarah then opens up a linked portal above the volcano.
5) Sarah shoots arrow.
6) Job done.

Oh, it might be useful grabbing some form of light generation spell beforehand, just in case Tiffany turns up and decides to claim "Precious" for herself.
After all, the poem does contain the line: "....and in the darkness bind them" - which suggests it would be immensely attractive to a Shadowkin...

 
 
--Ben


This space intentionally left blank.

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Wand of Wonder

Wouldn't Mike have an addition form? His girl form that is.

Also, Sarah needs a Wand of Wonder :)

If you don't know what a Wand of Wonder does, well... It does anything. It produces a random effect when activated.

Yeah, but . . .

If Mike changes into a girl, isn't Jill the one that needs the Wand of Wonder, not Sarah! ;-)


I went outside once. The graphics weren' that great.

No, no.

Not the Wand of Wonder. The Rod of Lordly Might.

Fewer "accidents" that way...

-Liz

-Liz

Successor to the LToC
Formerly known as "momonoimoto"

Rod of Lordly Might

When Sarah is able to turn back into Sean, she (he) will have his rod of lordly might back.

Ouch!!

A Wand of Wonder?! Then Sarah would be casting random spells! You must have it in for them or something. ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

It always...

It always worked for me! I have a special place in my heart for the wand of wonder. It almost always provided me with a positive outcome in my gaming days.

Actually, I rather liked it

Actually, I rather liked it too! I remember getting a pile of minor gems instead of blasting an enemy, but that was still useful! ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Mike's girl form

> Wouldn't Mike have an addition form? His girl form that is.

If he can convince himself that turning into a girl will help him protect Sarah.

For example, if he was going to help her win a battle in the ladies' restroom ... :-)

--- Martin

Let's not try the One Ring, please...

The One Ring corrupts, absolutely. Think of Sarah, able to travel to all imaginable realms, the One Ring on her finger. The multiverse would love her. And despair forevermore...

SuZie

Yikes!

That sounds even worse when you say it like that!

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

*sigh*

Frank's picture

This story has gotten so mercenary all of a sudden...what about changing her back to Sean? :D

Hugs

Frank

Nah!!!

[email protected]---- I vote that dhe and Erica stay as a Lesbian couple > Sarah is so T G ! It could be any more obvious if she wore a sign ! Remember that her friends commented on how much happier she appaered to be . The only one who is really fighting it is Erica "The Queen of DeNile " . Sorry Dear Erica , There are no loop holes here .

Cavrider----Just another " Grunt."

Doing something completely different ...

... might actually be the best way to achieve that right now.

Sarah would have a hard time accepting her femininity while constantly thinking "I've got to change back!!!".

Cleaning up dungeons has been a popular distraction for some time ... although most others would probably prefer a computer game or pen&paper RPG over a real dungeon. But that's entirely a matter of personal taste. :-)

--- Martin

Erica's stated goal in this

Erica's stated goal in this has been to better prepare for future trips to try and change Sarah back, so I don't think she's forgotten... ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Sean

Ignoring the issue of getting Sean back is exactly what they need to do. As long as Sarah concentrates on becoming Sean again, she is not accepting her female self.

Remember, she will be able to switch back and forth freely once she has accepted her female self. Sometimes, the only way to solve a problem is to ignore it.

(It reminds me a whole lot of the Hindu ideal of seeking to have no wants.)

At this rate

with all the magical tools,enchanted swords,shape changing men,etc,etc, Is there anything our bunch of thrill seekers should be afraid of?....In a word yes!....And thats the one person Sarah has avoided so far....the one person responsible for putting her into the sex she is now!

I wonder if she has any plans for a return vist or might that be a risk to far? After all who in there right mind would want to vist a bad-tempered Goddess!!!

Kirri

I think there might be a few

I think there might be a few more things for them to be afraid of... ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

I think you are forgetting

I think you are forgetting things like earth elementals causing cave-in's, wizards who are especially good at magical traps, stealth attacks, null magic zones, etc...

Theres all kinds of things that can kill them. Hell, if Sarah casts a fireball at a wizard who has a spell turning enchantment, they are toast! And Saless has barely touched the surface of pscionic abilities by introducing telepathy. A strong pscionic blast or telekenetic crush would destroy most anyone in the party.

New forms

I don't recall Mike actually having to see any of the forms he acquired. Certainly, none of them saw the invisible giant. LOL

Anyhow, when did they see the naga or the dragons. They saw the t-rex, but that's about it.

For closer quarters, a velociraptor might be useful.

Nobody said they correctly

Nobody said they correctly figured out how it works... ;) Also, the only times Mike purposely chose a specific form was when he could see it. But yeah, nobody saw the invisible giant!

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

A touch of irony

Ah, Magic Missile; the ever iconic spell of wizards in D&D. And if Sarah ever gets into a fight with Tiffany (heaven forbid), she can say she's attacking the darkness!
Ok, that one was bad. I'll stopd now. :p