Venus Cursed! - Chapter 116

Printer-friendly version
Venus Cursed!
by Saless
Chapter 116

Sarah was awoken the next morning by knocking on her bedroom door. When she cracked her eyes open she found herself looking right into Erica's eyes.

"Hey there, beautiful. I think Jill's here with breakfast." Erica said.

"You don't seem to be in a big hurry to get up." she replied.

Erica smiled, "That's because I'm enjoying the view."

Sarah blushed and rolled out of bed. Erica sighed and followed suit, throwing a robe on before opening the door for Jill. "Good morning!"

"Good morning you two. Have a nice night?" Jill replied, holding a plate heaped with bacon and scrambled eggs.

Erica glanced dreamily at Sarah, "Oh, yeah!"

Sarah blushed again and turned to the closet to pick out clothes for the day. Jill laughed and handed the plate to Erica. "The rest of us are in the kitchen, come out whenever you're ready."

"Thanks." Erica said as she took the plate. Jill closed the door behind her.

"How did you guess it was Jill with breakfast?" Sarah asked as she dressed.

Erica sat at Sarah's desk. Frowning, she said, "I guess I must have tapped into your telepathy or something. I just knew she was there with food. Although I guess I could have smelled that."

Sarah shrugged before sitting on Erica's lap and stealing a piece of bacon, "Guess so."

Sarah insisted on feeding Erica, not that she minded. Once they were both finished and dressed they went out to see the others, with Sarah holding tightly onto Erica as if she'd vanish at any moment.

There were knowing grins when Mike asked how their day was, which caused Sarah to blush and almost hide behind a grinning Erica.

The others had already finished eating so, once the dishes were dealt with in their now-usual spectacular fashion, they retired to the living room.

"Are you ready for this afternoon?" Jill asked Sarah.

She nodded, "Yeah, I guess so. I'm not too worried about Nathaniel. The vision shows me, as Willow, being okay after all. I'm just not looking forward to Erica leaving."

Erica hugged her and nodded her agreement. "Just remember," she said, "that we'll only be a portal apart. And we can keep in touch telepathically whenever we want."

Sarah snuggled up against her and nodded.

"Are you packed yet?" Jill asked.

"Oh yeah, I forgot." Erica said, looking reluctantly down at Sarah.

"Why don't we do it for you?" Jill suggested, indicating Tiffany and herself.

"Sure, that would be great." Erica replied, smiling down at Sarah.

Tiffany and Jill went to get Erica's bags packed. Mike was about to say something when the phone rang. He answered it, and then brought it over to Sarah, "It's your mom."

Sarah sat up and took the phone. After a brief conversation that started with a startled, "What?!" and ended with a reluctant, "Okay, Mom." she handed the phone back to Mike.

"What was that about?" he asked.

"Mom got a call from the police because Dad got in a fight in a bar or something. He's in the hospital." Sarah said, stunned.

"Wow. Do you want to go see him?" Mike said.

"I'm not sure, but Mom asked me to. She said she was still too mad to see him right now." Sarah replied.

"And you agreed, naturally." Erica said. Sarah nodded. "Then I'll go with you. I still don't trust that man to be alone with you, even if he is in the hospital."

Sarah didn't argue. "Why don't we all come with you?" Mike suggested.

"We'll be done in a sec!" Jill yelled out from Sarah's room.

"How did she..." Erica started to ask, but Mike just tapped his head. "...right, telepathy. You would think I would be used to that by now."

He shrugged, "Who is? Even Jill finds it weird at times, and she's been dealing with it the longest. It's almost as natural as breathing for her now but it's still new."

A few minutes later Tiffany and Jill joined them with Erica's bags. They left them at the door on their way to Mike's car.

"If we're going to be traveling together a lot we might want to look into a bigger car." Jill mused as she watched Tiffany, Erica and Sarah squeeze into the backseat.

"Once we start selling stuff that shouldn't be a problem." Mike said.

The rest of the drive was quiet. As they were walking into the hospital Tiffany broke the silence, "It just occurred to me that we might never need this place."

"We still could end up here if something happens to one of us. Sarah can't always be there to heal us." Mike pointed out.

"But we have the healing water, and Erica doesn't need any of that." she replied.

"But if we're in a car accident or something we could end up at the hospital before we have a chance to do anything else." Jill said.

"I guess." Tiffany said thoughtfully.

"If that does happen we have to hold back on the healing, at least for now. Otherwise the doctors will notice us recovering too quickly. Not that it's an option for me. Or possibly for Sarah, either." Erica said, making sure nobody was close enough to hear her.

Perhaps we should keep this conversation mental, just to be safe? Vash suggested.

Good idea. What will we do if Erica ends up in the hospital somehow? She'd heal automatically and that would be pretty hard to hide. Mike thought.

We may have to rely on Vash or Jill to clear things up for us if something like that happens. Erica replied.

Can you actually do that?! Mike thought to Jill.

She nodded uncertainly, I think so. I've never tried it, though, and I'd rather not. Who knows what kind of brain damage or something I might do?

If done properly there should be no permanent damage, but it is a tricky thing to do. Also, the lack of memories can be as troublesome as the memories themselves. Even more so, in some cases. Vash added.

How could that be more troublesome? Tiffany asked as Erica asked the receptionist where Sarah's father was.

If someone's memory suddenly has a hole in it they are likely to try and find out what they've forgotten. That could lead to a lot of awkward questions. Vash replied.

Armed with the location of Sarah's father they headed for the elevators. Didn't we have this conversation before, about the FBI guy? Mike wondered.

I think so. Anyway, erasing memories should be a last resort. If we even consider it at all. There are too many problems, along with the moral issues. Jill sent.

Erica snorted at that, but didn't think anything that Sarah thought should be passed on. Uh, how about we just avoid hospitals?

Mike shrugged as he hit the up button on the elevator, We can try. I'd rather not need them anyway.

It is almost inevitable that one or more of you will find yourselves in a hospital at some point. But we should certainly attempt to keep that from happening for as long as possible. Once magic is better known, or Mr. Gardner has a better network established to keep it hidden, it might not be the problem it would be now. Vash said.

There was silence as they waited for the elevator. Nobody 'spoke' up until after they'd gotten to the correct floor. I wonder what he was doing getting in a bar fight? Mike wondered.

I'm wondering how badly hurt he is. Mom didn't say anything, but maybe she wanted me to heal him? Sarah thought uncertainly.

He's probably just beat up. Serves him right, if you ask me. Erica thought angrily.

Erica! Sarah exclaimed, barely managing to do so mentally rather than verbally.

What?! After all he's done I'm entitled to hold a grudge! Erica replied. You certainly won't do it.

A short walk later they reached his room. He was asleep. "He doesn't look too bad." Mike said.

A nurse came in to check up on him as they were about to walk into the room. Erica talked to her while Sarah hesitantly walked over to her father's side. She began feeling odd things from him, but couldn't put her finger on what it was. Vash? Do you feel this? she asked.

Yes. I'm afraid I'm not any better able to identify it than you are. Something is definitely going on with him, but what is still unclear. It might be best to keep an eye on him until it is; he could cause some problems or get hurt if we don't. Vash replied thoughtfully.


To Be Continued…


up
120 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Ahhh, another one!

You seem to be getting back into the hang of things! *hugsalot* :)

I do wonder what happened, I guess you'll just have to write another story on that one! ;)

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

I can't believe how much I

I can't believe how much I had to work at this chapter! But it ties in with the next A Father's Rebirth, which I've had written for months. I'm working on a slightly different approach to tying them together in the next chapter that will hopefully make working on these chapters that meet a lot easier.

Thanks Faraway! ^_^

Saless


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

More Venus

And something is up with Dad? I can't help but wonder if he's changing back into a girl. Maybe that's what started the fight? Oh my!
hugs
Grover

That would be very

That would be very possible...
He unconciously liked beeing a girl better than beeing a boy and now his body tries to assume girlform.

Saless it might be cool if you could resume what happened until now, or at least write down whom of the characters did what and what abbillities they had.

Thank you for writing this awesome story,

Beyogi

Yeah, that's not a bad idea.

Yeah, that's not a bad idea. I'll have to think about how best to do that.

Thanks Beyogi!

Saless


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Not Sure Whether I'm Remembering Right...

...but when he attacked his wife and Sarah turned him into a girl, wasn't it because he was having unexplained violent impulses? If so, it sounds as though it's occurring again, and, based on Vash's and Sarah's discovery here, that there's something alien in some way (whether outside him or infecting his brain) that's responsible for it. In the immortal words of Barry Manilow (and Adrienne Anderson), could it be magic?

Eric

Meh, not so much unexplained

Meh, not so much unexplained violent impulses as him loosing control...again. As for the outside (magic?) influences...mmmaaayyybbee...? ;)

Saless


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Your comment made me laugh,

Your comment made me laugh, thanks! And no, I'm not going to tell you why. ;)

Saless


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Wahey!

Another VC!

Talk about events piling up - over the course of this weekend (in the story's timeline) Erica will be going back to her studies, Sarah will be doing swapsies with Willow, then to cap it all Sarah's dad ends up in hospital after allegedly being involved in a bar fight... although as others have noticed, the "odd feelings" may be magic-related. If only Mana was still around - she might be able to diagnose the magical issue at stake. Oh well, they'll just have to do it the hard way - take advantage of visiting hours and try to determine what they can from visits.

Just thought: with the impending swap, Willow may get a chance to give her input on the 'dad' situation. I wonder if she'll be able to pick up the gift of telepathy during her temporary transformation? After all, with magic re-emerging on earth, it's like the Wiccans' own magic potential / power is going to increase as well.

 

Bike Resources

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

That's one of the reasons my

That's one of the reasons my writing on VC has been really slow lately, too much going on at once! ;)

The swap is probably going to give me headaches, but it could be a lot of fun, too. At least, I'm hoping it will be!

Thanks!

Saless


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

The swap...

It could be interesting if Willow-as-Sarah ends up meeting other students from Sarah's classes while she's working in Sarah's stead. That might cause all sorts of problems for Sarah when she goes back to school. Fun fun fun :P

Thanks for another great chapter though. Looking forward to some more here.

oh thank you, thank you,

oh thank you, thank you, thank you!

I'm still addicted to this story and am so glad for another chapter!

grtz & hugs,

Sarah xxx

Thanks! I'm glad you're

Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying this story. :)

Saless


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

It was a pleasure to read this.

I really missed this series. It was actually the way you took some of regular ideas of things and changed them in some really neat ways that helped me come up with my Evanescence universe. Honestly I think this and the offshoot stories are one of the best Modern-Fantasy-Romance stories out there.

*Great Big Hugs.*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Wow, high praise indeed!

Wow, high praise indeed! Thank you! ^_^

Saless


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

I am equally glad to finally

I am equally glad to finally get it up! ;) Thanks!

Saless


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Yay! Another chapter! :-)

This is just to let you know that I'm still following (and enjoying) the story.

--- Martin

Thanks Martin! I'm still

Thanks Martin! I'm still amazed that so many people seem to enjoy my stories, especially after a long break between chapters.

Saless


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Saless, if I recall from way back...

the gang, later with Vash's assistance -- determined traveling thru the portals accelerated one's sensitivity to/ability to use magic. It could also be argued, given what Mana told them, that exposure to powerful magics, particularly multiple exposures increase the odds you will develop magical powers. Thus in part their reluctance to use them to transport her dad. But I believe portals were opened near him/her.

Dad assaulted mom who lashed back with her previously unknown magical gift. His daughter turned him into a girl for a few days then changed him back. All that time as a girl -- a adolescent girl if I remember, a time of rapid growth and sexual maturing -- he/she was near other strong magic users. With magic on the rise again on Earth is dad manifesting or is the girl he once was manifesting?

As to him becoming a girl again, remember he feels conflicted and great guilt over how he mistreated his son who he learned was really his beautiful daughter and how he has lost his loving wife from his abuse of both.

What better self-punishment, IE a punishment "from the ID" to grossly misquote Forbidden Planet, than to turn himself into what he long most publically reviled, a weak girl? That their daughter is such a prodigious magic user suggests she has a strong magical *heritage* from BOTH sides of her family.

I also, recall was it Vash or Mana saying the mom's rare bur powerful bursts of anger were due to her having magic talent and not knowing it thus it *got out* under times of strong emotion.

Some random ideas/thought. Have fun.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

John... Sarahs magic is

John... Sarahs magic is based on the fact that she is a singular soul. Or reincarnated universe or whatever.

That shouldn't have to do anything with her parents.
But still, I think what remains is very plausible.

Beyogi