Venus Cursed! - Chapter 12

Printer-friendly version

by Saless
Chapter 12

"How?" Sean gasped.

Jill shook her head, "I don't know. Like I said, I kept getting this image whenever I was around you. I didn't realize it looked like your twin sister until I was almost done with it. Then when you fell through the portal and I saw what you looked like, I knew it was you I'd drawn, somehow."

"How could you possibly know what Sean was going to look like a day before Venus cursed him?" Mike asked in wonder.

"I just don't know!" Jill replied with tears in her eyes.

Mike held her and said, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you. This is just so weird!"

Sean hadn't looked away from the portrait since he realized he was looking at himself. "What do I do now?" he said sadly.

"Hey, yeah, you still have work tomorrow!" Mike exclaimed.

"You're calling in sick." Jill said firmly. "The first day after you get magically transformed into a woman is no time to worry about work. Especially with the jerks you work with. That'll give us three days to try and fix this."

"Fix this?! Look at me! I'm a girl! How the hell do we fix this?!" Sean screeched.

"Woah, calm down, Sean!" Mike said.

"Look, Sean, you can open portals to pretty much anywhere. We should be able to find someplace we can go where you can be changed back!" Jill replied.

Sean stopped the tirade he was about to unleash and thought about what she'd said. "You're right! But no gods this time, let's find a wizard or something." Sean replied.

Jill laughed, "No gods!" she agreed.

Mike looked at his watch. "Sean, you'd better get home and IM Erica or she's going to worry." He said.

"At least I can talk to her as if nothing's changed." Sean said with a little smile.

"See, it's not all bad. We'll get you changed back in no time." Jill said brightly. "Mike, why don't we walk Sean home."

Mike nodded. "That's a good idea. Let's go." He said. Sean was about to protest, until he thought about going outside the way he looked now. He kept his head down as he followed Mike and Jill out. He carefully didn't look around as they walked to his apartment. He reached for his key when they got there until he remembered that the contents of his pockets had been destroyed along with his clothes.

"Uh, guys, I don't have keys anymore." Sean said softly.

"No problem, we've got our own, remember?" Mike reminded him. "I'll leave my key with you." He said as he unlocked the door. Then he dropped the key in Sean's hand.

"Do you want us to stick around for a while?" Jill asked worriedly.

Sean hurried inside and turned to close the door. "No, I'll be fine. I'll see you tomorrow." He said. Jill insisted on hugging him goodbye as she always did and they left. Sean hurriedly closed the door and locked it.

Mike and Jill walked back to their apartment and collapsed on the couch. "Well, that was a weird day." Mike commented.

Jill nodded. "I'm worried about Sean. He's been down since Erica left. Now, with the trouble he's been having at work, this ability of his to open portals, and now being turned into a girl, it might all be too much for him." She said sadly.

"Yeah, I'm worried, too. I wish Erica was here, but then maybe that would make things worse." Mike replied.

"That's a good point. As things are he can continue his relationship with Erica the same way he was before. If she were here it would change everything." Jill agreed.

"We're going to have to stick close to Sean at all times. I suggest we go over to his place first thing in the morning, early enough that he won't be up yet would be best." Mike said.

"What about your classes?" Jill asked.

Mike shrugged. "I can get someone else to cover me. Sean is more important."

Jill snuggled up close to Mike. "You're such a good friend to him. That's one of the things I love about you." She purred.

Mike blushed and stammered, "Uh, we should probably get some sleep if we're going to get over there early." He reminded her apologetically.

"Oh, yeah." Jill agreed with a frown. "We'd better go to bed then."


 
Sean felt a desperate need to talk to Erica, but at the same time he couldn't talk about what had happened to him. He sighed in frustration and went looking for his spare car key. He attached Mike's key to the key ring and left it by the door where he always did. Booting up his computer he logged on.

SeanDreamer has logged on
Erica378 has logged on
<SeanDreamer>: Hi Erica, how are you?
<Erica378>: Hi Sean, I'm fine. Busy, but fine. How about you.
<SeanDreamer>: Okay.
<Erica378>: Just okay?
<SeanDreamer>: The guys at work are being real jerks.
<Erica378>: You should talk to someone.
<SeanDreamer>: I'm okay. I just miss you.
<Erica378>: I miss you more!
<SeanDreamer>: Hey, that's my line! ;)
<Erica378>: LOL! Are Mike and Jill taking good care of you?
<SeanDreamer>: Yeah, they're great. They miss you, too.
<Erica378>: Tell them I miss them, too, and to keep taking good care of my baby!
<SeanDreamer>: I love you!
<Erica378>: I love you, too! I'd better get to bed, and so should you!
<SeanDreamer>: Yes, dear! ;)
<Erica378>: Goodnight, I'll talk to you tomorrow.
<SeanDreamer>: Goodnight!
Erica378 has logged off
SeanDreamer has logged off

Sean reluctantly shut down his computer and climbed into bed. He didn't bother taking his clothes off, as he really didn't want to deal with his new body. He tossed and turned for at least an hour before he finally fell asleep.


 
"Rise and shine!" Sean heard an annoyingly cheerful voice call out. He opened his eyes to see Jill sitting on the end of his bed, holding a plate with bacon, eggs, and hash browns on it. "Time for breakfast!"

Sean groaned, but sat up. "What are you doing here so early?" he asked grumpily.

"We decided to come over early so you don't have time to feel sorry for yourself." Jill replied with a sad smile. "Now eat up!" She handed the plate and silverware to Sean and waited patiently for Sean to eat it.

Once he'd started eating Jill went through his drawers looking for something for him to wear. "Don't you have anything but baggy T-shirts and jeans?" Jill complained.

"Just my work uniform." Sean replied between bites. Jill shook her head at that and kept digging. She didn't find anything.

"You really need to get some variety in your wardrobe." Jill chided.

"I suppose you want to get me some skirts and dresses." Sean replied bitterly.

"Hey, that was uncalled for! I was referring to your male wardrobe! Mike has a lot better selection of clothes than you do." Jill replied with a hurt expression.

Sean glanced at her and realized he'd upset her. "Sorry." He mumbled. He went back to eating.

Jill sighed and sat back down on Sean's bed. "I know this is hard on you, Sean, but try not to let it get to you. We'll find a way to change you back." She said.

"Okay." Sean sighed, setting his empty plate aside. "I'll try."

"That's the spirit!" Jill said with forced cheerfulness. She gathered up his plate and said, "Get dressed, okay?" on her way out. She made sure to close the door.

Sean sighed again and picked out clothes to wear. As usual for him, he just grabbed things blindly without paying attention beyond the fact it was a shirt or pair of pants. He dressed quickly and had to tighten his belt down to keep his pants up. He also had to roll up the bottoms of his pants. His shoes were far too big, so he walked out in just his loose socks.

"Hey Sean, how you feeling?" Mike greeted him from the kitchen table where he was eating his own breakfast.

Sean just shrugged in reply. "Don't you have to work today?" he asked curiously.

"I took the day off. Mom's going to cover for me." He replied.

"Must be nice working for your mom like that." Sean commented for the hundredth time.

"It has it's perks." Mike agreed with a grin. "Are you shorter?" he asked, noticing Sean's pants.

Sean shrugged, "I guess so."

"Hey guys, I've got an idea!" Jill called from the living room. She rushed in with a large hardbound book in her hands. "How about we go here?!" she said excitedly, pointing to a line in the open book.

"You want to go to St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries?!" Sean exclaimed.


 To Be Continued…

up
84 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Not a bad choice

See I'm careful not to put a spoiler right up front! Jill's choice isn't a bad one at all. Their choices are limited. The biggest problem is that they aren't wizards. Not sure how the staff would react to them just popping in.

Nice stuff here Saless!

hugs!

grover

cure

I must admit, that first one, that striked my mind was Gandalf and Galadriel. And if mungo can't help, there are always ways like saving goldfish, catching MORFS, or visit to MUDr. Berverly Crasher or McCoy...
Robin

Interesting choices, though

Interesting choices, though MORFS certainly makes sense to me. What's this saving goldfish thing though?

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

a fairytale

Saving goldfish (zlatá rybka) is part of one czech fairytales. Sometimes it goes as standalone, but I remember to be it in Goldilocks fairytale too.
The fisherman was having a bad day. Entire day he couldn't catch anything in his nets, as he thought, that he would have to return home with nothing, in his last net he saw a small Goldfish. Just as he wanted gut her, she spoke up and promised him to have three wishes. These wishes did good and bad (thanks to his bad wife). At the End he was comfortable with what he had.

Ah...

That explains it. I've heard similar stories before, but never with a goldfish. Thanks for explaining the ref! :)

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

MORFS

I don't know why I didn't think of that one. They could go visit Pope Hill and let Angel O'Connor do her thing, or they could go visit my favorite kitty girls and their merry band of strays. Cara could fix her up good, and maybe even give the rest of them some interesting powers.

Of course, Sean doesn't have to catch MORFS to get a body change. A sufficiently talented and powerful bio elemental can do the job. The Doctors Martin would be the obvious choice.

Ray

I can't remember any bio

I can't remember any bio elementals doing that in the MORFS stories, but you'd know your character's capabilities better than I! ;)

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Maybe they'll assume they

Maybe they'll assume they apparated there... ;)

Thanks grover!

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

It's worth a try

Not an unexpect plot twist under the circumstances.

The story while fun seems like more should happen with each installemnt.

Enjoyable. Keep it coming.

Hugs
Trish-Ann

Hugs,
Trish Ann
~There is no reality, only perception~

Slave driver! ;) Thanks

Slave driver! ;)

Thanks Trish-Ann!

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

I Wasn't At All Sure....

...that Sean would still be there in the morning, especially since he had trouble falling asleep. As his dreams have demonstrated, HE doesn't need a book to travel, voluntarily or otherwise. His memories of the book on the gods ought to have been enough, if either he or (more likely?) his subconscious was so inclined.

Eric

He has a little more

He has a little more control, now.

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

A crossover?

They will need to go to the 4th floor, however they will still be not quite safe due to the arrogance many wizards sport. And I don't recall, is it costly?

Faraway

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Well...

at least they have a quick escape ready if necessary!

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Some escapes

Are just not quick enough. And it was already proven. Heck, it was the "quick" escape that landed them in this mess in the first place!

Faraway

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

I'd go back to Venus

Frank's picture

This time instead of speaking prostrate herself/himself and not take the other two...I do like Harry Potter though, so I'm game :)

Huggles

Frank

Hugs

Frank

Interesting choice, but he'd

Interesting choice, but he'd need a new book for that! ;)

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Well..

Frank's picture

Barnes and Noble, Amazon, probably e-books...:D

Hugs

Hugs

Frank

I didn't say it would be

I didn't say it would be hard to find... ;p

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Maybe

Sean could try finding a story here on Topshelf to suit his purpose's....Although finding one where someone wants to become a MAN might prove difficult!!

Kirri

There is a helpful tag

Female to Male, for this exact purpose. The question is, will he surf the Internet to find this place or not?

Faraway

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Not a lot of options under

Not a lot of options under that tag, but there are a few!

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

How true, there aren't that

How true, there aren't that many stories going from female to male! Still could be worth a look though... ;)

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Playing it smart

Interesting story so far, but in my opinion the main characters are acting incredibly stupid. Why for example visit some goddess when you already know that this is very dangerous ? BTW: I suspect it was only dangerous because Sean believed it to be dangerous.

On the other hand, I guess stupidity might be realistic when I see that one of the suggested solutions is MORFS. I know this is fiction, so I hope those suggesting it would be a little bit more reluctant in real life to unleash a disease like that on the world, simply to fix a minor problem.

Once before I read a story where the main character had powers similar to those Sean seems to have. It didn't take him very long to figure out that he got the best results by using stories he wrote himself, made specifically to achive some goal. But I'm afraid such a neat solution would kill the storyline the author has in mind, so I'll keep quiet about it ;)

Hugs,

Kimby

Hugs,

Kimby

I'm not sure if MORFS could

I'm not sure if MORFS could be spread that way, since no one in Sean's world has been exposed to the initial virus, but still probably not a good idea! ;)

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

MORFS is generally unpredictable

Unless she could find one of the few talented biomorfs that can give you a custom case of it. Her luck she'd end up a really really cute cat-girl whose mutant power is to attract men like a sex magnet. Oh, right, she's a sex magnet already.

I don't think the Harry Potter world will be able to help, this was a curse from a goddess, I would think it wold take the same goddess or another more powerful gods power to restore her to him. Otherwise the more powerful Venus Curse would reasert itself, maybe making her even sexier and younger? IE they zapp her or give her a potion, she starts to turn back into her male self then FOOOM! she's a 14 year old verison of Marlyn Monroe only much better built and a lot better looking and just oozing sexappeal, IE she becomes essentially Venus's younger prettier sister... not the outcome he wants.

Great tale so far.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Yeah, Sean wouldn't like

Yeah, Sean wouldn't like those outcomes!

Thanks John!

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

MORFS (again)

MORFS will work fine if they pick the right story. The Doctors Martin (tooting my own horn again. heh.) can do the change, and also make sure that they don't take home any bugs.

It does mean, however, that they either have to stay there long enough to let the disease run its course, or have the good doctors do the job via their bio elemental powers (without introducing the virus and inducing MORFS.)

Being bio elementals, they can easily do the change, then clear away all bugs in the area before they go home.

Come to think of it, if Sean did go through MORFS, there's a slight chance that he would lose the power to make portals. That would suck royally.

Ray Drouillard

Time would be an issue, I

Time would be an issue, I can't see even a skilled bio elemental being able to perform that drastic a change quickly. Even with several bio elementals working together in shifts it would still take a while, I would think. Again, you know your characters capabilities better than I, so maybe I'm wrong.

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Time

There are a few shape shifters that can change fairly quickly. Check out the Jet and Quartz series.

Bobbi in Terry Volkirch's We can Work it Out is a shape shifter that can change others. It takes about a day, IIRC. Unfortunately, she doesn't have much control over her power.

Both Amy and Angel can do pretty much any change they want via a custom morf, but it takes a few days to a week or more.

If they were to try it, I would recommend going to the Doctors Martin because... well, they're doctors. They could infect Sean with the original bug that messes up the appropriate section of DNA, clear all traces and make her non-contagious, have Amy give her the custom bug, and send her home with some stim packs. The problem is that her (now his) kids would inherit the messed up DNA.

If they did it with their bio elemental powers (perhaps with some help from their telekinetic powers,) it should take a few hours.

But they can't guarantee that Venus's curse won't change him back.

Of course, if they have the time, they could give her shape shifting powers via MORFS, clean up his DNA, and send him home. If the Venus curse reasserts itself, she can shape shift back. It may get old having to shift back all the time, but it's better than being stuck.

In fact, it would make for an interesting story. He will probably only have the strength to remain a he for a certain fraction of the time, so he'll have to plan his time well.

But then, there's still the slight chance that MORFS will take away his portal making power.

On the other hand, the Martins may be able to see that like they can see any other power. If that's the case, they can easily work around it; or even strengthen it.

Ray

I don't remember a shape

I don't remember a shape shifter in Jet and Quartz, guess I'm forgetting something. Now wouldn't it be interesting if he did go see the Martins and they figured out how to give other people the ability to open portals? ;)

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Shape shifters in Jet and Quartz

The first one is Diane. She and Brian are the ones that helped Dan and Sam when they caught MORFS.

Dan raised one delicately arched pale white eyebrow, and Diane blushed furiously. “I’m a shape shifter.” She sighed, and glared at Brian. “Here, I’ll relax and go back to what I look like when I’m not using it.” Suddenly, Diane rippled, and suddenly there was a woman with a dark tan, and violet hair, eyes, and lips. She had the same basic body shape as Diane, save for a slightly smaller chest. She spoke with Diane’s voice. “This is what I really look like. Happy now?” She glared at Brian.

The second is Doctor Lisa, Malcolm's best friend. She's best known as a powerful bio elemental, but she uses her shape shifting powers on occasion.

Oh yeah!

Thanks Ray, I forgot about Diane. Been too long since I read the first chapter, I guess. I'd also forgotten about Lisa, she uses her abilities a few times if I remember right, so you'd think I'd have remembered that before now... ;)

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

You Are Forgetting Ewo Ways to Revert.

The SRU Wizard and MY TransBike.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

I know the SRU Wizard, but I

I know the SRU Wizard, but I can't remember what My Transbike is...?

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

SRU Wizard

Doesn't he have a certain fondness for changing men into big breasted women? There is one case where he changes a woman into a man (one of the Bikini Beach stories,) but that's the kind SRU Wizard, not the tricky SRU wizard.

The had better make sure that they get the right wiz.

Ray

MAU

I think the safest option at this point would be a MAU box.

M

Martina