Venus Cursed! - Chapter 71

Printer-friendly version
Venus_Cursed_4.jpg
by Saless
Chapter 71

"What?!" Sarah asked, confused.

"We were talking about training, right? I can teach you martial arts. We'll start off easy. Jill's had some training already, so she can help me." Mike replied.

"I guess." Sarah said doubtfully.

"I think it's a great idea." Erica said.

"Good! We can get started first thing in the morning." Mike said.

They all got down to the business of eating after that, and then washing the dishes afterwards. Once done they all moved to the couch to watch a movie. They were all tired after their exertions, so decided to call it a night after the movie.

"Want a portal home?" Sarah asked.

"Hmm, better not." Mike said thoughtfully, "I think it would be best to at least try to appear normal."

Sarah shrugged, "If you say so. Goodnight!" They said their goodbyes and left with Vash on Jill's shoulder.

"So how tired are you?" Erica asked with a sly smile.

Sarah smiled shyly back and said, "Not that tired…"
 
In the morning, after a nice long shower, Sarah made breakfast for them both.

"Uh, Sarah, there's something I've been meaning to ask you, but I didn't want to push you too much too quickly…" Erica said over breakfast.

Sarah fidgeted nervously and said, "Uh, what's that?"

"Well, you don't have to answer this now if you don't want to, and the answer won't bother me no matter what it is, but…why did you wear your mother's clothes?" Erica asked hesitantly. As soon as the words were out of her mouth she could feel Sarah's barriers slamming down, blocking out any mental intrusion. She could still feel the bond, though, so that gave her some hope.

Sarah dropped her fork and looked down at her lap. Her face was very red but she said, "Do you really need to know?" very softly.

"I'm not sure if I need to know, but I think you need to tell someone. If you're not ready now, we can do this later, but I really think you would feel better if you talked about this." Erica said.

"It's in the past, it doesn't matter anymore." Sarah said weakly.

"I'm not so sure of that. Jill said you were reluctant to wear skirts, but that's all I've seen you in. I know you have trouble finding pants long enough in the thrift stores, but I think you would have splurged on at least one pair by now if it were that important to you. Other than that initial reluctance, you seem to be perfectly comfortable wearing women's clothes. So I thought maybe whatever made you want to wear your mother's clothes might still be a factor." Erica replied.

Tears starting leaking out from Sarah's eyes and she looked down again. "I…I…" she stammered, but couldn't seem to get anything else out.

Erica moved her chair next to Sarah's and held her. "If it's too much right now, I'll drop it. I don't want to upset you!" she said.

Sarah shook her head weakly, "No…I'll tell you." she said softly after a long moment of silence.

"Take as much time as you want honey." Erica said.

Sarah broke down in tears before she could get any words out and Erica pulled her onto her lap and rocked her back and forth, murmuring, "I love you." over and over again.

Finally her tears abated and she found her voice. "I…I always felt different, for as long as I can remember. In kindergarten the teachers would separate the boys and girls for some things and treated girls differently than boys. I remember being confused because they put me with the boys and treated me like a boy. That night I asked Dad why they treated me like a boy. He got angry and said, "Because you are a boy!" I started crying and tried to tell him I wasn't. He just called me a sissy and slapped me down. I was so shocked I stopped crying and Dad went back to his desk and ignored me."

"So that was the first time he hit you?" Erica asked softly.

Sarah nodded, "I got really tired of being treated like a boy. I guess the hardest part was being expected to react like a boy. I just didn't know how to do it! That's why the other kids always made fun of me, because I reacted like a girl, I guess. I hated it so much, but I found I felt better if I dressed up in my Mom's clothes. They were like a tent on me then, but they felt right! But then Dad caught me one day in first grade…" she trailed off and started shaking.

"Shh, take it easy. Take as much time as you need!" Erica soothed, rocking Sarah again.

Once she'd calmed down Sarah continued, "Mom went to work in the afternoon, so she could be there for me in the morning. Dad worked regular hours, so he was always the first one home. So he was the one that caught me when I fell asleep in one of Mom's nightgowns. He was furious! He made me take it off right there, and then took his belt off and whipped me with it. I don't know how many times he hit me, but I was bleeding by the time he was done. Crying just made it worse. When he was done he told me to put Mom's nightgown back where I'd found it and to wash up, and then he ignored me the rest of the day."

Sarah took several deep breaths after that to calm herself and Erica just held her and waited. "After that I knew I had to hide what I was doing from Dad. I was really careful to put everything back the way I found it, and to always change back to my own clothes an hour before he normally gets home. That worked for a while, but of course a day came when he came home early. He started ranting, saying how no son of his was going to be a sissy fag, and that I was going to go to hell for what I was doing. I was so scared I just stood there. I didn't even realize I was crying until he slapped me and told me to stop blubbering. Of course I cried more, so he hit me again, this time with his fist. I don't remember how many times he hit me, but I was black and blue the next day. Dad told Mom that it was kids at school before I could say anything."

"Didn't anyone at school wonder what happened to you?" Erica asked. She was having trouble keeping her anger at Sarah's father under control, but she knew it would just upset Sarah.

Sarah shrugged, "They just assumed someone beat me up after school. It's not like I was popular or anything. Later on they did, so that made it easy." Sarah sat in silence for a while and Erica held her tighter to let her know she was there for her. "Anyway," she said after a while, "I got more cautious after that, but I was caught again in third grade. And again in fourth grade. After that Dad didn't feel the need for an excuse to hit me. Or maybe he thought he was 'fixing' me preemptively. I don't know. But he was always saying how I needed to be a man and stop acting like a girl."

Erica felt Sarah's tears fall on her hand, but she kept going, "Whenever he caught me in my Mom's clothes he was particularly angry and did the most damage. That's when I got the broken bones. Then I met Mike." At this Sarah smiled faintly. "Did I ever tell you how we met?"

Erica shook her head slightly, "No, you didn't."

"Some guys were giving me a hard time on the way home from school. Mike had just moved into town and his new house was close to mine. He saw me on his way home and came over. Those guys were pushing me around and calling me names, but I wasn't hurt or anything. I think things might have escalated if he hadn't shown up, but he did. He told them off and when they started getting belligerent he just talked to them. Before I knew what was happening they were all calmed down and left. I never did understand how Mike did it." Sarah said.

Erica craned her neck around to look at Sarah's face and saw a wistful smile there. "Did you…ever have…feelings for Mike?" she asked fearfully.


 
To Be Continued…

up
90 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Danger Will Robinson!!

Oops, that should be Erica. ;-) I suppose that last question would have to be settled between them at some time or another, not sure her timing was very good. As for this, ". . . she asked fearfully." Somebody should tell Erica not to ask questions you don't want to know the answer to.

I was also concerned about the previous question, but that part seems to have worked out well. Right now Sarah needs some unconditional love and acceptance, if she gets the idea that Erica's love for her depends on the answers she gives, she could lose it again.

m

Damaged people are dangerous
They know they can survive

Did Erica really have to get jealous ...

... of feelings Sean may or may not have had for Mike some ten years ago? (Especially as she seems to consider Mike a good friend and knows he's mutually in love with Jill.) Looks as if she's going to destroy the tiny bit of trust Sarah just started having in her ...

Well, we all are stupid sometimes, but Erica seems to deserve a prize for unmatched stupidity here.

--- Martin

She doesn't seem like it

She doesn't seem like it most of the time, but when it comes to Sarah Erica is very vulnerable. Not a feeling she's used to! ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

It is possible to want to

It is possible to want to know the answer to a question and be afraid of that answer at the same time. And as you said, it had to be settled eventually... ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Not me!

I can do a first class imitation of an ostrich, head in the sand. Or in the immortal words of Sgt. Schultz, "I know nothing, no-thing!" Why ask the uncomfortable questions today, tomorrow might be a better time. Or maybe the day after . . . ;-)

Damaged people are dangerous
They know they can survive

Sarah's Parents Are Almost

As bad as Melissa's. Oh, how like Mike I am. If I EVER find Melissa's parent's, They will rue the fact that they hurt her! But according to her story, they are dead. I am sorry for my rant, but I DESPISE parents that hurt children!

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Melissa? The only Melissa

Melissa? The only Melissa I've written about is Kestrel from KittyHawk. Her parents are dead, but they never hurt her. Perhaps you're thinking of Melanie? Her parents nearly killed her! Either way, I agree with your opinion of parents that hurt their children.

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Nothin' wrong with a little

Nothin' wrong with a little discipline. How else you gonna learn the boy?

Nah, if rifles float your boat ...

How about one of those 1950/60s 280mm/11 inch US army cannons that shot a 25KT atomic shell?

Still, with her portals Sarah mignt be tempted to give daddy dearest a real trip to Hell. Or a seat on Titanic in steerage. Oooh, or passage on the real ship of the damned, most of those poor Jewish refugees later died in German death camps, one of President Roosevelt's *shining moments*. The Donner Party?

I hope Sarah's friends can restrain her from vengeance and visa versa but her parents do need to be confronted and to pay or make reparations/amends.

A Star Wars novel and The Death Star?

Send them to Australia in the novel On the Beach?

Central Europe at the height of the Great Plague?

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Sarah doesn't seem to be the

Sarah doesn't seem to be the revenge getting type. Why would someone need to restrain anybody that isn't out to get someone else? Some people are genuinely nice all the time. She might just not have it in her.

Mike and Jill on the otherhand...

I'd say Mike and Erica are

I'd say Mike and Erica are the ones more likely to get revenge, but I guess Jill might be tempted to use her telepathic abilities on them in some inventive way... ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

If you're going to use Star

If you're going to use Star Wars, just put him on Alderaan! ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Well, on that level

How about a scoped .380 or for that matter, the old trusty .270? Just because I have a predilection for hand to hand doesn't mean I'm averse to sniping!

Battery.jpg

I've often wondered about

I've often wondered about that. I know many rifles have a useful range of 500 meters or more (or was it yards?), so I've often wondered why in the movies the sniper is always just one building away. Surely it's got to be easier to avoid getting caught if you're a lot further away when you make the shot!

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Accuracy

At long ranges wind flow becomes a significant factor. A lot of high-powered rifles are in the smaller calibers, a lighter bullet for the same amount of powder gives you a faster, flatter trajectory. But lighter bullets can be blown off-course easier. A friend of mine has a varmint rifle, for picking off prairie dogs. It is a 17-270, and has incredible power. But at the extreme range, all it takes is a puff of wind to cause a miss. And urban settings can be tricky, wind flow is distorted by the buildings.

So snipers have a love-hate relationship with range. The longer the range, the safer the sniper, but the more likely the shot will be deflected. You really don't want to have to stick around and try for a second shot with a now alert target.

Damaged people are dangerous
They know they can survive

I'll have to remember that,

I'll have to remember that, in case there's ever any snipers in any of my stories! Thanks Withheld!

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Range

Range wouldn't be an issue if Sarah just opens up a portal for the shot to go through. If desired, the shot could come from an entirely different planet.

Michelle B

Kinda like a waveguide

But only if you want a snipper rifle instead of a guided weapon. And the idea proposed requires Sarah linking portals which she may not be willing to do even to someone who hurt her.

As to rifles and acuracy, how can you miss with an Atomic Cannon? All you need is get close and a 25 kiloton blast does the rest. Okay, a Tzar Bomba with the tertiary stage is a modest 100 to 112 plus megatons if you are picky but that requires a very large bomber or a huge ICBM.

My question is, is Sarah so sweet that even when she remembers ALL the horrors of her childhood will she be able to retrain herself? Think of the monsters from the ID in the film Forbiden Planet. Even a kindhearted person has a touch of evil/the unthinking animal in their deepest emotions.

John in wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Erica has nothing to fear

Whatever the past feelings were between Sean and Mike, the only important thing is the fact of the bonds they share now. The bond with Mike is one of protection. The bond with Erica is one of love.

But I do realise that a traditionally stereotypical role of a male in male/female relationship is one of protector.

Faraway

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

And the Plot thickens

And I like it. I hope Sarah and Erica stay together after this answer. I feel they will, cuz over the time I have read this story. I am 99.99% sure they are soul mates. Time will tell as always.

Take Care

Kittien69 ^_^

Take Care

Kittien69 ^_^s2046020module10160663photo_1214347070anime3.jpg

I always figured

Frank's picture

If anything, Sean would have had a thing for Jill...Sean/Sarah is attracted to Erica so they would make him/her hetero/lesbian..

Hugs

Frank

All this

talk of guns and the best way to take out Sarah's dad ! All a bit final don't you think!...Surely the best way would be to make him realise that all those beatings that he handed out to Sarah were all in vain, And he was now father to a beautiful daughter... Then maybe Sarah could open a portal to the Empty World and push her dad through...And leave him there!!!!

Kirri

Tempting...

but then he'd have access to all their weapons! Of course, there's more than one empty world out there... ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Empty

How about an empty wilderness world? No dredges of civilization -- just some nuts and berries -- and maybe a dinosaur or two.

In reality, solitary confinement is an effective punishment. It's also fitting because he obviously shouldn't be around other people.