Nylon stockings

Printer-friendly version

NYLON STOCKINGS
by Dorothy Collen

Magic material
Concealing, yet
Revealing

Turn pretty toes into
Velvet soft cat-feet
Eyes travel up
Past hem lines
Into mystery
Where thighs meet
The stockings are smooth
And soft to touch
Why can’t looking be enough
Or touch them while they are on another?
Why must I want to share
In this feminine ritual?

I am addicted
A prisoner held in silk bondage
I will never be free
Until I die
My craving gets worse every day
My body now in agony
My mind broken
I give in and put them on
But it’s never enough
More and more feminine, I crave
Until nothing male remains

up
68 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Why can’t looking be enough...

Andrea Lena's picture

...I don't know, but if you find out, please tell me...It really hurts.
She was born for all the wrong reasons but grew up for all the right ones.
Possa Dio riccamente vi benedica, tutto il mio amore, Andrea

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

That's an easy one

Aljan Darkmoon's picture

Because we want to participate, not just spectate. We want the same freedom of self-expression that other people have. It’s not rocket science.

A friend once described me as a man with the sensibilities of a woman. Spot on, what a gift of clarity. Male am I, but also emotional, sensual, and affectionate. I want the same freedom to express those qualities that women have. I love the feel of being perched atop slender heels; of sheer hose caressing my legs; of a breeze blowing through long, gossamer skirts; of lush, long hair to the middle of my back; of gentle hands caressing long locks. I love the way that women hug and touch and cuddle when they talk. I get my hugs where I can, but more would certainly be lovely. But, just because I am male, my motives for desiring these things are seen to be sexually predatory, a perversion. Darned right, it really hurts!

I Know That Feeling

joannebarbarella's picture

You capture the allure so well,
Joanne

Cant Quite agree with you Allison. Seasonal wear.

You try wearing a tiny miniskirt in Manchester UK in January, you'll have goose Pimples all the way up to you frozen bum if your just wearing stockings Most british 'girls' wear panty-hose or we tend now to call them tights whether they are 7 denier or 150 denier. Summer will see me out again in Basque and stockings but at this time of year it TIGHTS and warm ones at that.

Love and hugs and nice and cosy.
Beverly.

Growing old disgracefully.

bev_1.jpg

Nylon or silk ??

ALISON
WHO CARES ??

ALISON

Re: Nylon or Silk?

Alison,

do they still make silk ones? I have not seen any anywhere for - well, since the 1950s I think.

Briar

Briar

Silk hoisery

Aljan Darkmoon's picture

…is still made, but it has become a specialty luxury item, with prices to match. A quick web search will reveal many sources and vendors.

Silk and nylon: a bit of history (just for fun)

Aljan Darkmoon's picture

Silk is prized not only for its sensual texture and glossy appearance, but for its incredible strength and tear resistance in a light-weight material. Unfortunately, natural silk production is extremely labor-intensive, hence very expensive. Not surprisingly, it was one of the earliest materials targeted for synthetic replacements by the emerging chemicals industry.

A number of competing processes were developed to transform cellulose directly into a silk-like fiber. Some of these have a texture similar to silk, but none of them can match the strength per weight of natural silk. Collectively, these synthetic fibers are called “rayon.” Rayon, and a variant material called “viscose” are still produced for clothing manufacture.

The other silk replacement attempt was developed at DuPont, and called “nylon,” which has the distinction of being the first long-chain polymer plastic. Nylon extruded as fiber and woven into textiles does not have the feel or appearance of silk, but does have its strength. Nylon became the fabric of choice for parachutes, which previously had been made from silk.

In what was perhaps the most brilliant marketing and self-promotional move of the 20th century, DuPont's first nylon consumer product to be released was hosiery, aimed to compete directly with silk. I have never had a chance to touch natural silk hose, but the texture of nylon hose is apparently close enough, and the price is so much cheaper, that women went for it in droves.

It was also found that nylon could be molded to produce parts that are light in weight but high in strength. In the fashion industry, nylon was used to make…{you’ll love this}…stiletto heels.

Roger Vivier is often (mis)credited with inventing stilettos, but he only popularized them in the ’50’s by choosing the silhouette to go with Christian Dior’s “New Look.” Fashion historians seem to be divided as to whether is was Salvatore Ferragamo or Andre Perugia who first developed a wearable stiletto-heel shoe (in the ’30’s or ’40’s), but it was nylon that first made it possible for them to be mass produced.