A long time ago, and far, far away . . .

Printer-friendly version

A long time ago, and far, far away . . .

You might have heard the story of the twins. Mother had died in childbirth, father, well, nobody wanted to talk about him much. They were separated, raised in very different environments.

One, a boy named Luke, was taken to a palace. The girl, named Lea, was taken to a dessert. But that’s only the beginning .

See, Luke’s adoptive parents had a gift of sensitivity, and soon realized that although the baby was physically a male, that she had the spirit of a girl. Being open and wise, they allowed her to express her true self.

They allowed her to experiment, to be a tomboy one day and a dressed up princess the next, as she chose. She chose to change her name to Lea, not knowing why.

Life was less easy for her twin. Despite being a girl, her new parents decided to raise her as a boy because they needed a male heir. They renamed her Luke, and refused to allow her to express any feminine qualities at all.

This made the child very unhappy, that she was missing something important, but lacking a vocabulary to express it, she instead tried her best to please her parents, but remained isolated, and often retreated into dreams and fantasies.

The next part of the story is pretty well known, Luke found a message from Lea, and even though she didn’t know who this princess was, felt compelled to meet her. They met, had many exciting adventures, rescued each other many times, and finally learned that they were siblings, and freed the land from its oppressors.

Lea found a good man, and even though it he seemed a bit of a rascal at first, he fell in love with her and became everything she could hope for in a husband. Things were harder for Luke. She was forced to continue in the role of a man to run the family business after her adopted parents died, and even though she had tried to rescue her birth father, he died without ever acknowledging her as the daughter she truly was.

While her sister could return to her palace with her new prince, Luke had no one to share her life with, no one who allowed her the freedom to even express the loss and sorrow she felt. So that’s the story of the twins.

Life doesn’t always have a happily ever after, does it?

up
118 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Deja-vu

You weren't at TREC yesterday by any chance? The creative writing group degenerated into Star Wars, with my favourite being 'Luke, I'm your mother....... Nooooooooooo!"
- Jayne


Come release the inner twaddle: My blog => http://jaym.angelblogs.co.uk/

That which does not kill me only serves to delay the inevitable. My blog => http://jaynemorose.wordpress.com/ <= note new address

Really Strange

Daphne Xu's picture

It would have been really strange if that deep voice had pronounced, "No. I am your mother!"

-- Daphne Xu

-- Try saying freefloating three times rapidly.

Nnuht-uhh

> Lea found a good man, and even though it he seemed a bit of a rascal at first, he fell in love with her and became everything she could hope for in a husband..... While her sister could return to her palace with her new prince.....<

Lea and Han couldn't return to Lea's or Lea's family's palace, because her world was obliterated by a death star under the command of her bio-dad!

Like,...like, get with the program, already! 8)

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

Ready for work, 1992. Renee_3.jpg

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

And, And, And, Like......

Daddy Darth Dude was supposed to be all bad and cool and, like, powerful.... with his dark force, dark matter, dark energy, whatever, ya know.....,but, but, like, he couldn't even tell his own daughter and son or son and daughter when he had'm on his ship, ya know?

Like, I know why! For one, mainly, he was, like, testosterone poisoned to the max and, like, he "couldn't do relationship stuff"; .....and, so, the other reason was, like, common, ya know, he was just a work-aholic and always ignored his family.....

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

Ole Anakin...hmmmm.

Andrea Lena's picture

...having your own step-brother and sister-in-law French fried doesn't usually make for great conversation at family picnics, you know? DAH DAH DAH DAH-DAH-DAH, DAH-DAH-DAH! Renee...I am your sister!

She was born for all the wrong reasons but grew up for all the right ones.
Dio benedica la mia bella amici, Andrea

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

But Drea, Drea...

They had a family picnic at the end of part 6, "The Return of the Jedi", remember? I remember it, but I can't remember everything they all talked about, ya know? It's that beginning Alzheimer's thingie/stuff....

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

.....hsssss...ssssshhhhh......

Andrea Lena's picture

.....Luke....pass the potato salad....


She was born for all the wrong reasons but grew up for all the right ones.
Dio benedica la mia bella amici, Andrea

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

A long time ago, and far, far away . . .

Maybe she could hook up with Lando, or the Emperor's Hand.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine