Summer Dare

Printer-friendly version

Summer Dare

I looked down at my feet again, struggling with what I was seeing.

Not only were my toenails painted a radioactive shade of pink that would be visible from space, they were exposed to the world in a pair of my sister’s sandals.

It wasnt just the sandals I had borrowed, though - I was also wearing a pair of her running shorts, and a top with a picture of a flower on it.

Nothing unusual about borrowing one’s sister’s clothes - except that I am a boy.

My name is Andrew Williams (yeah, like the singer, don’t remind me - some smart person happened to come across the singer’s bio, and now a number of kids at school greet me with the song “Moon River.”)

Which indirectly is part of why I am walking across the park to the convenience store in my sister’s clothes.

The bigger part, however, is because of my sister herself. Her name is Samantha, and she is ... like a force of nature when she gets an idea.

And her current idea is that I am secretly a girl.

And I am not totally sure she’s wrong.

I have always been ... a step behind when it comes to other boys. I just don’t seem to ... fit, somehow.

Then she got a hold of some material on transgender, and now she’s fired up to have me find my inner girl.

If I can.

So when she challenged me to dress like this and go outside, I found myself unable to refuse her.

So here I am, with my bright toes and girl clothes, wondering if anybody will say anything ...

****

Half-way across the park, I see some teens playing, and I try not to hurry past them. Unfortunately, I had forgotten to watch where I was going, and I bump into this guy.

He’s ... huge, if he decides to take offence to me, I’m in trouble ...

But no, all he does is help me up and ask if I’m okay.

I say I’m fine, and he says “Good. I’d hate to have hurt a girl.”

Then he goes off to be with his friends.

He ... called me a girl. Did he really see me as one?

****

Made it all the way to the store, and bought some candy.

The guy at the till called me “missy”

****

Made it all the way home, and went to see my sister.

“So?” she asks me.

“So ... I got a lot to think about, sis. “

“That’s cool. You know I’m here for you no matter which way you go, right?”

“Yeah. And ... thanks.”

“For?”

“For daring me. For pushing me a bit. Maybe that’s what I needed.”

“I’m glad it worked out.”

We hug, and then I go back to my room.

Like I told my sister, I got a lot to think about ...

Might as well get started ...

End

up
176 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The Fact She Did This So Willingly Says A Lot

littlerocksilver's picture

Her sister's right. All she needed was a push. How come sisters are so much wiser than parents?. This could be the first few paragraphs of a very nice story.

Portia

cute

smiling while Andi thinks

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

thanks, Desiree

glad I could make you smile

DogSig.png

Playing Shrink

laika's picture

Well this seems to be turning out well, the sister having seen what was actually there.
Not like that time when my sister tried to convince me I was really a hedgehog.
Most miserable week of my life and I DON'T want to talk about it!
~holiday hugs, Veronica

awesome

Now when is part two coming out?

no part 2 scheduled from me

you could always write it. since you are the better author

DogSig.png

oh come on

PAPA! Dottie is fibbing again!

Running Shorts, huh?

Extravagance's picture

He must have tucked very well indeed. = )

Catfolk Pride.PNG

No not really.......

Dottie it's a beginning! Not the "End"! (Giggles the lady with a mouth full of popcorn! ). Nice short, sugar! Loving Hugs Popcorn Lady

I was going to be a swine and

I was going to be a swine and link to this

http://youtu.be/1QySSV19St0

Summer of 69, top 10 in the UK, best charts there ever were. Something In The Air, Breakaway, Proud Mary, The Israelites, Natural Born Boogie, Marrakesh Express, Space Oddity, Bringing On Back the Good Times*...

Then the devil caught hold of my soul, wrenched me forward in time.

http://youtu.be/HeBMHnJqAvM

*Oh all right then

http://youtu.be/Mg_WrOy11Zs

I dare anyone in the world to say they didn't feel better after listening to this than they did before. And that's got to be my mission in life.

Wow, an epiphany!

Oops, one image snuck in there that really shouldn't have.

Ban nothing. Question everything.

*smiling*

This is such a fun story! I'm glad the sister backed off after the dare, to give her sibling enough room to think about the experience.

having room to think

can be a good thing, sometimes

DogSig.png