Breadcrumbs

Printer-friendly version

Breadcrumbs

Author’s note: This one isnt a nice story. Sorry. And sorry to the author of the story which led to this piece. I actually like most of their work, so I hope they forgive me for this.

My moment had arrived.

It had taken some doing, but I had been pretty sure that tonight was the night.

To help things along I found some she-male porn and had it playing, knowing they’d have the computer tapped by now.

The porn probably wasn’t necessary, but it was a nice touch.

The last in a trail of breadcrumbs that would lead them to my door.

I heard them come in downstairs, and talk to my parents.

Give my parents their due, they played their parts well.

Then I heard them coming up the stairs.

The door burst open, and three of them stood at the doorway.

Two had pink pistols, but it was the one without who was clearly in charge.

She did the legal thing, saying the words she was supposed to say, and I hit the the button when she said the word “sissy”

The metal plate they had been standing on made a really nice conductor, as did their high heeled shoes.

I moved quickly, grabbing one of the guns and going downstairs.

One shot brought down the last of them who were in the house.

Then I went outside, snuck up to the van and gave the driver a shot to the face.

Then I took the driver back inside, and started securing them all.

I was rather glad I hadn’t killed any of them.

I was about to have enough deaths on my conscience anyway.

By the time I had the last of them secured, the leader was starting to come around.

She started saying how they had the law on their side, and I didn’t have any right to do what I was doing.

I said, “The law is wrong. Just because I don’t meet some stereotype of manliness, doesn’t mean I’m not a man. I may not be good at sports, I may express my feelings a little more easily, but that doesn’t mean I want to dress and act like some parody of womanhood. And it sure doesn’t mean I want to have sex with other men.”

“What are you going to do with us?” One of them asked.

“With you? Nothing but leave you here. It’s your van I want. I will drive back to your headquarters with it, and bring with me my response to what they stand for. It will be a rather ... explosive response, so all in all, you’re safer here.”

With that, I left them.

My father helped me load up the van with my “response”, and then he said, “You sure about this?”

“Someone has to stop them, Dad. It’s one thing if a guy feels girly and wants to do that stuff, it’s another thing to have it forced on someone.”

“But you’ll die.”

“After what I do tonight, the lives I’ll take, some of which will almost certainly be innocents, I wouldn’t want to live afterward anyway.”

“Well, I just wanted to say that you may not be macho, but I was always proud of you anyway.”

“I know, Dad. That makes this a little easier. Tell Mom I’m sorry.”

“I will.”

We hug, and I get into the van.

Now I’m at the gate, and as soon as they wave me through, I’ll find a good spot to set off my “response”.

Then me, the van, and hopefully the whole dam evil headquarters will become fireworks.

And maybe that will be enough to wake people up, to make them realize that forcing people into some stupid stereotype of men or women is wrong.

I hope so, even if I wont be here to see it.

The moment of truth has arrived ...

End.

up
144 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Well, you DID warn us !

I did not like this nasty wee tale, so I can't in fairness give it a tick. I am amazed to see ANY ticks. Makes me wonder why the few who have given it one did so.

I guess some folks see things differently from me - well, I don't guess that, I KNOW that by now, I have lived 78 years here already and experienced being in a minority of one among this bipedal ape that has the cheek to call itself H "sapiens".

It is a wonder I have survived so long already. I must have done something really wicked to have been banished to here. I hope soon I will have served my sentence and a ship will come to take me back home to planet Zogg. :)

Briar

Ticks.

Hypatia Littlewings's picture

You need to realize:
"Ticks" seem to mean different things to different people. And different people use the "ticks" in totally different ways.
Quality(in various ways), style, pleasing-ness, agreeing with the out come. Many seem to treat it as a Facebook like, which I do not.

I do not agree with what the character did, yet I can see how he feels. The story tells of a possible future we do Not want to see, in the same way a cautionary SciFi story does. It also serves as a warning of something we need to watch out for. It is a well told, well crafted story, and worth reading. Therefore I think it is good writing, and a good story, and deserves a "tick", even though it is unpleasant and the character does something bad that I do not approve of or condone.

>i<

sorry you didn't like it, Briar.

I've got a much nicer story coming that might be more up your alley ...

DogSig.png

TICKS

I give ticks to stories for many reasons, good writing, a good story, fun or make me think (not too much...lol) deserves a "tick".

Little Boxes!

Hypatia Littlewings's picture

Little boxes are not good, no matter who draws them!
I like my spectrum the way it is with all the colors of the rainbow.

Dark, yet with an important message.
Let's hope it never comes to this, it would be just as wrong as what has gone before.

Good story, but kind of eeky.
~Hypatia >i<
.

PS. Hope you find your way out of your dark place.
*sends a virtual huggle*

.

edit-(note: I made this post first, the other post I replied to was not up yet when I went to write this.)

thanks, Hypatia

glad you found it a well told tale. huggles!

DogSig.png

I hope my thumbs up wasn't seen as endorsing terrorism

laika's picture

Because blowing up the Department of Gender Conformity (Or was it the Department of Enforced Sissification?) would just be wrong, darn it! WRONG! WRONG! WRONG! And no doubt counterproductive, used as an excuse for even more laws, invasive snooping, sissy checkpoints... But it's just an allegory after all, in the tradition of all the best hamfisted dystopian sci-fi; the frustration a lot of us feel with our current society's more subtle approach to enforcement of gender norms. And that's what I gave the thumbs up to. Not the killing people part, which I emphasize just in case they're listening; although they're probably readying a cell for me anyway...
~hugs while they're still legal, Veronica

hugs back, Veronica

I wanted to make a dystopian story, glad that succeeded in your eyes.

DogSig.png

Patriots and Tyrants

RobertaME's picture

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure," Jefferson

There are some things worth killing or dying for. If individual liberty isn't at the top of the list, then it should be.

Awesome story, Dorothy! Short but poignant!

Cis sexism at it's peak

Glad it was dealt with. Like eww, forcing the binary? Just eww, that's just supporting Cis supremacy. We need to tear it down, let people be people regardless of their genital configuration. Let people decide for themselves their gender.

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

Right or wrong, tyranny begets insurrection

I'm another one that doesn't like his solution, but when things get bad enough, violence is inevitable no matter how much we deplore it. And not liking his solution does NOT make it a bad story.

Actually, this story brought back fond memories of the Stark stories. I'm NOT trying to imply plagerism here, just commenting that I like to see the victims fight back some times even if they don't survive it.

Little One

History repeated

Jamie Lee's picture

Throughout history the frustrated oppressed have fought back with the only tools they had. Violence, in it's many forms.

They've been pushed into a corner and feel they have nothing further to lose if they give their lives for others.

The thing occurring in this story started with the proverbial "best for everyone" speech. And many thought why not, it's for our own good.

As time goes on more and more "for our own good" attitudes are introduced until the stranglehold is complete. And those most affected see the only way to strike back is by attacking the head. Any way they can.

If we look back when we were younger, we will see how little things have been put forth over a period of time that have become accepted as the norm of today.

Some are good and some are worrisome if they continue. For if they continue they could become "good for you" that is the accepted norm.

Like in this story, if people sit on their brains and don't think deeply about the "good for you" things they could become accepted norms which harm more than they help.

And when that happens the only thing left to those being harmed is to strike out at the head.

I guess you can see I found this story very thought provoking. And see the solution in preventing what occurs in this story is for us to speak out when an injustice is about to occur.

Others have feelings too.