Survivor's Pledge

Printer-friendly version

SURVIVOR’S PLEDGE

I AM A SURVIVOR

I HAVE SURVIVED (put your challenge here)

TODAY I PLEDGE

TO NO LONGER LET THESE EVENTS/CHALLENGES

DEFINE ME, CONSTRAIN ME

OR KEEP ME FROM MOVING FORWARD

I REFUSE TO BE SILENT ABOUT THOSE WHO HAVE HARMED ME

BUT I REFUSE TO BE KNOWN ONLY BY THAT HARM

I AM MUCH MORE THAN THOSE EVENTS

I WILL USE THEM TO HELP ME

GROW, LEARN AND HELP OTHERS

BECAUSE I AM NO LONGER JUST A VICTIM

I AM A SURVIVOR

up
44 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

THIS :)

SHOULD become the motto of AL T.G. People!

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Just Al?

Piper's picture

Do you mean ALL TG people, or only TG People named AL?

-HuGgLeS-
-P/KAF/PT

(Posted Tongue in Cheek)


"She was like a butterfly, full of color and vibrancy when she chose to open her wings, yet hardly visible when she closed them."
— Geraldine Brooks


Dear Dorothy,

(that's my mom's name.) Your words are very good, but they aren't the whole story. I've had GID and gender dysphoria, probably by my mom's unknowing use of DES. My dad traumatized me, but probably far less than what happened to my partner, many here and many kids in general. I've had the most trouble with depression, mostly hereditary and secondarily because of how my parents were raised. I've also been troubled by Asperger's syndrome (high functioning autism spectrum), which makes some different, but doesn't cause major problems, and makes others fairly bad off.

I somewhat know the reason for my depression and I don't know what causes any type of autism. These disabilities (for me, at least) were not caused, primarily, by some "others", "out there/external" who harmed me. I think these are things caused by genetic defects and developmental problems in the womb. Sickness and birth defects; no one to blame.

I do like your Survivor's Pledge; it has great spirit. I have survived very bad depression; I'm one of those who actually is helped by the psych drugs. :-)

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

Ready for work, 1992. Renee_3.jpg

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

This is very good and very strong.

I like the attitude that this portrays but I also know from personal experience that it is very hard to keep, especially when PTSD is triggered by the most innocuous of events or items. Like maybe a song we know and liked is all of a sudden a trigger because of things that happened after it was released, or something somebody said about a certian subject, or whatever. Being a survivor is definitely something to be proud of because it means we have beaten our abusers. But at what cost did we win?

This is a powerful piece and has a lot of good things said in it. I just hope there are those out there that can actually live it. Thank you for sharing.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

thank you thank you thank you

i cant say enough thank yous for writing this not just for those of us that are TG but those of us that are survivers of any form of abuse including familial. Those words sum it up so well please sxcuse my spelling i have tears in my eyes thank you again

allie elle

to hug is to be and to be is to be hugged

view the world through the eyes of a child and relearn the wonder and love

Allie elle loved and cared for and resident of the kids camp full time

to hug is to be and to be is to be hugged

view the world through the eyes of a child and relearn the wonder and love

Allie elle loved and cared for and resident of the kids camp full time

This pledge ...

... is inspiring. I'm not sure it's a pledge I could make right now. But it is something I feel like I could use as a goal to reach for. Thank you so much for sharing this.

a goal to reach for

I don't always feel like I've reached the goal either, just got to keep putting one foot in front of the other.

DogSig.png