The washroom (A Jaci and Dottie story)

Printer-friendly version

Jacilynn entered the house and all but threw her purse on the sideboard. Mostly because she missed and the purse slid across the floor into the living room.

She was angry from being so embarrassed. Earlier today Dottie Mom had shown up and after the first few minutes of the visit Jacilynn was asked, politely of course, to maybe go to the mall and shop.

"It's not my fault! If that bitch had not tried to hurt my sister I would not have done that!" she mumbled to herself.

--SEPARATOR--

"Mom" Dottie had said.

I was still wondering who Todd was. The older lady, well not ancient or anything maybe 30, was standing there in a blue dress with white and yellow flower print on it. A simple and conservative dress. Although her handbag and nail polish didn't match the outfit at all at least her shoes did. Still she gave me a really bad feeling.

"Todd you look uh very nice." She says. Who the hell is Todd?

"My name is Dorothy!" Dottie said. Is she supposed to be Todd? I wish someone would tell me what is going on.

"THAT IS NOT THE..." She started in an angry voice before she forced herself to continue in a more civil tone"I see uh Dorothy. I bet your outfit"she said it like it was a costume it made me angry"got noticed if you were out dressed up like that."

"Mom it's not a cry for attention! This is just who I am! Why don't you get it!" I could see Dottie start to cry and then things went a little funny.

The next thing I knew I was being pulled away from the lady, I would not call her a mother, as I was trying to kick her ankles. My arms were trapped in her hands.

My throat felt funny and dry like I had been yelling or screaming or crying. I'm not sure which. When I stopped trying to kick her and calmed down Tante Drea took me aside and gave me some money and my purse and told me to go to the mall. I don't really remember walking to the local mall as I was still upset.

The mall is not really a big one since its local. Like maybe 20 stores in total with a Safeway as the big one at one end. There is a couple of stores with clothing. No big names like Gap or Garage clothing or Mariposa. I saw a skirt that was kinda cute but they didn't have one in my size. Alot of the stores were geared for old folks. There was a Hallmark but it was closed. Some antique stuff that looked okay. The arcade is more a boy's thing so I went there to try to prove myself.

I did a few turns at Dance Dance revolution, I know its ancient but it was there, I can play pool or those hockey things. Racing games I'm bad at. I was waiting in line to play some fantasy game when I got bumped aside by some older kid.

"Go play with your dolls girlie." I should have gotten mad and punched him, well that's what boys do don't they? Nope the tears started all on their own. I hate how easy it is for me to cry. I walked away instead as all interest in the lame game was gone. After awhile my bladder was getting insistent that I empty it.

Since I'm a boy I headed towards the mens room to relieve myself. I got intercepted by the same stupid boy.

"The little girls room is over there." He shoved me towards the girls room.

"I can't use the ladies room I'm a boy." I expected to get called names or shoved or the usual boys being mean stuff. He laughed at me. Then some of the others crowded around us.

"Move away I need to use the bathroom" I asked well not nicely exactly but I did ask.

"Oh girl that was a good one. "I'm a boy"she says." Some of the other kids around me started to laugh as well. I just told the truth why was it so funny?

"Honey come with us." one of the girls attempted to pull my arm towards the ladies room.

"I'm not a girl I'm a boy and I am supposed to use the boys bathroom!" I said it a little loud I guess. The kids started to laugh more, even the girls, when the Arcade manager person in charge stepped over. It had to be a woman.

"Young lady what do you think your doing trying to get into the boys room?"she asked me.

"But Maam I really am a boy and.." I didn't get to finish as she grabbed my arm painfully and pulled me into the ladies room.

"Do your business young lady and then I'm escorting you out of my arcade."why was she mad at me. I was just telling the truth. I sat down on the toilet to pee and then wiped myself. I got out and went to sink to wash my hands. While I was there I checked my face. Eyes were a bit puffy but no runs in my mascara. Not that Tante would let us wear much for makeup anyways. The two other girls in the bathroom giggled at me. I didn't care anymore stupid girls.

"I have half a mind to call your parents to come get you young lady. Imagine a pretty little thing like you thinking she was a boy. Of all the nerve."

"They don't care about me. They left me with a lady and won't even let me see them anymore." and the tears start up again. I can't help it I miss mommie and daddy so much. I don't understand why this is happening to me. The lady's face lost its anger and was replaced by pity. I have seen enough women look at me with pity I can recognize it. She knelt down and hugged me. I cried even harder into her shoulder I don't know why they just kept coming.

"I try and try to be a boy for mommie and daddy but they still don't want me and it hurts and I can't wear pants and I has these stupid breasts and I bleed and.." I just let it out. I shouldn't be doing this into her shoulder but I couldn't stop myself. She did the "there there" thing that it seems almost all adult women do. It helps as I feel a little better anyways.

I may be 11 and over 4 feet led me to the vanity. The girls who had giggled at me before were now blotting their eyes for some reason. The lady used some paper towel and wiped under my eyes with it. I felt like a baby at that counter. When she was satisfied I looked better she held my hand and escorted me out to the front. She talked with someone in a door that led to some back room. She came out with a small plush toy. It's a pink cuddly creature that doesn't really look like anything.

I know boys do not like that sort of thing and I tried to refuse it but it was so cute. I offed to pay for it with some of the money Tante gave me from my purse but she told me know as it was a gift. I almost forgot my manners but I did say thank you to her and gave her a smile. Seeing my smile she put her hand to her mouth and ran into the back room.

I left the arcade carrying the pink cuddly staring at the floor infront of my feet, at least this way my smile would not scare anyone else.

It was not fair it was that stupid boys fault! If he had just let me use the mens room I could have stayed and played. But no I have to get treated like a girl it was humiliating, it was embarrassing to always get mistaken for a girl.

I walked home putting one foot infront of the other with each step my anger grew.

That stupid lady thinking she was Dottie's mom. Calling Dottie some boys name when she is clearly a girl!

Maybe If I dressed more like a boy this wouldn't keep happening to me. I entered the house and threw my purse. It missed and skidded onto the living room floor. I didn't even notice if that woman was here or not. I looked out the window and didn't see a car.

"Dottie? Tante?" I didn't hear a reply at all. I was like the house was empty. I got scared my imagination saying that they all left me alone. I guessed that woman had convinced Dottie she was a boy and they went to the police so that I could be taken to a crazy place. Tears formed in my eyes at the though of being alone.

I walked to my room when I heard a noise from Dottie's room. Hoping that my family was still here with me I looked in. On the floor coming out of Dottie's open closet was feet. Feet is a good sign. Curious I walked in and looked into the closet.

On the floor of the closet was Dottie and Tante. Tante was holding Dottie from the side and Dottie cried and cried. I don't know why but I went to hold my sister. As I sat down on some of her shoes, she has this thing about shoes, which was not comfortable to sit on. I moved myself over to the other side of my heart sister and with my own tears I hugged her.

"Ja...Ja...Jaci?"she asked.

up
72 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Even knowing what was coming

didn't stop me from crying for Jaci. Dottie's side of things will be up soon, I hope.

DogSig.png

Thanks Tels,

I agree, it's so sad that Jaci had her mind twisted by her rotten parents. I'm not saying it's right that Dottie's mom is so transphobic, but apparently she is ignorant, probably refusing to accept the truth. It's just that since Dottie seemed to have a boys body, and her mom birthed her, it's no wonder her mom's confused. She should be loving and open-minded; maybe she can change.

But messing with Jaci's mind, making her think she should be a boy while having a girl's body, is outright abuse; everyone that doesn't think parents are gods would know Jaci was abused. Now they won't see Jaci? They must be delusional if not more psychotic! They should be under treatment after conviction for child abuse!

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

Those poor children...

Andrea Lena's picture

...in different ways but with similarly sad results, they're being pulled apart when everything that is holy is screaming for them to receive support and encouragement. Slowly but surely, I hope, the people who are ultimately in a position to decide for these girls will make the right choices. Thank you.

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

A bit confusing.

Extravagance's picture

Was the "I'm supposed to be a boy" business real or fake?
It's certainly refreshing to see someone trying to make up for the dearth of FtM material 'round here.

Catfolk Pride.PNG