The things we do for love

Printer-friendly version
Originally posted 2010-02-04
ThingsWeDoForLove
The things we do for love

by Dorothy Colleen

You want to hear about my first love dear? Well, I guess we know each other well enough for me to share it with you. You could say I was a late bloomer. I was 18 before it happened to me. Really? You were that young? My goodness me. You will have to give me all the juicy details soon. But you wanted to hear my story. When I first saw him, I was not really impressed. But somehow he managed to get me over to his house with some others , after boasting about his cooking. Well, he was a fantastic cook, that’s for sure. After dinner, he gave us all a glass of wine. Normally, I am not a drinker, but the meal had been good and I was feeling pretty mellow. The others started to leave, but somehow, I didn’t want to go. He came over to me, refilled my glass, and after I drank it, I found myself looking him in the face like I had never really seen him before, and knowing I loved him. I was head over heels. I looked down at myself and hated what I saw. How could he love me? I was out of shape, I was ugly, and worst of all, I was male. Oh, my, take a breath dear, you almost choked. Yes, I was male, hun. Well thank you for the compliment. So, do you want me to continue?

Ok dear, so there I was, hopelessly in love with another man. He came near me, took my glass away, and I could not stop trembling. He leaned in close, and I think I would have died and gone to heaven if he had kissed me. But he asked me what I was thinking instead. How could I not tell him? I told him everything, and at the end I was crying, thinking he was going to hate me. He said to me “Would you be a woman for me?” Well, what could I say? I promised I would do whatever I took to please him. I would be his dream girl, anything , if it made him happy. And so my journey into womanhood began.

On his instructions, I quit my job, said goodbye to the few friends I had, and even phoned my mom and told her not to expect to hear from me again. I enrolled in a special school for boys who wanted to be girls and dedicated myself to the goal of becoming my man’s dream come true. It was an intensive class, like boot camp complete with a drill sergeant of a teacher. At the end of 3 months, female mannerisms and dress were second nature. I had changed my name legally, and I was ready for the next step, hormones.

During my transformation, he would drop in from time to time, take me to his place for a glass of wine, and ask me how I was feeling about my progress. Each visit, nothing would give me greater pleasure than to report I an mastered some new feminine skill, and the day I got my prescription, I showed him the pills with glee. By that time I was not only able to pass in public, I was working part time, and other than my boss, nobody had any idea I had not been born a woman. And it seemed like I loved him more after each time we were together .

Finally, the big day came. Re-assignment. After the surgery, I was laying in a hospital bed with an IV filled with antibiotic and pain medication reading how I would have to use a device that looked like a dildo to keep the area from closing up. It took very little for me to imagine it was my love, entering me, filling me. A few days later he picked me up from the hospital and had a surprise for me - a engagement ring. Of course I said yes!

The wedding was a small one. Just him, me, the justice of the peace and my former instructor from the school as our witness. And the honeymoon? I don’t think we left the room at the hotel. But one thing strange was he asked me before our first time if I had ever wanted a man before. I confessed I had never thought of men like that until I had met him. That answer pleased him, and my nervousness vanished when he began to explore my body. I was in total bliss.

I had no idea how short our time together would turn out to be. We had just got back when a knock at the door ended our lives together. I was totally confused by the way the police were treating him, charging him with kidnapping me. It took several big strong officers to restrain me when they took him away, as I screamed at them that it was a mistake, he was my husband, that I loved him.

I lay in a bed in a hospital with a female police officer when a doctor came in with, of all things,, a wine bottle. I recognised it as one of ours, and he gave me a drink, and then he said “remember” And I did. I looked at my reflection in the mirror as if seeing myself for the first time. I remembered everything I had done. I had done THAT with a man, and liked it, begged for more. I threw up.

They explained to me that my folks hadn’t believed me when I told them I was in love, so they had hired a private investigator to find me. When I applied to change my name, he was able to track me down. He broke into our house while we were on our “honeymoon”, and found his notes on what he had done to me and had called the police in. Apparently it was all an experiment, he had just wanted to see how much a person would do for love. Would they change gender, orientation? His notes showed that I had exceeded his expectations when I went through the surgery. The last note was just before we went for our honeymoon, and it said he was looking forward to seeing if I was as compliant in the bedroom. I cried as I read them, and the female officer let me hold her as I sobbed.

So, they finally let me go, and I have made the best of it since. Becoming a man again seems unrealistic, so I have decided to be the best woman I can. And I think I am doing pretty good. I have a good job, some nice friends like you, and if life isn’t perfect, its not very bad either. Its funny, but I don’t hate him. Maybe its some remnant of his brainwashing, but when I think of him its more with sadness than anger. Dating?, Well, that took a while. It’s hard to put your heart out again after you have been burned. But a couple of months ago I went to a club and met somebody fantastic. We have been an item ever since. He is sweet, funny, treats me like a queen, and I feel very safe with him. Dating men a surprise? Well more for me than you, I can tell you. But I figure its what in their heart and between their ears that matters, not what’s between the legs. Besides, he has got what you would call a strong feminine side. My only rule about that is no borrowing my dresses without asking me first. Maybe that’s a little extreme for your taste. What? Really? Your man too? We will definitely have to go out shopping as four girls then. Maybe next Saturday? I will ask my guy, you ask yours, Ok? We will have a hoot. Oh, my, look at the time, I better get going. Give me a ring if it’s a go, ok? Love you lots. Take care.

up
142 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I really like this story.

It sounds like our narrator was a guinea pig of sorts. Well at least she's happy. And yes the things we do for love defies description. Thank you for sharing.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

condensed epic

laika's picture

Usually a story that tried to tell of so many events in so few words would seems rushed to me,
but the style of this made it a brilliant choice. There was a blog a week ago asking how to portray
a "one-sided" telephone conversation. A lot of what was done here would be applicable to such an attempt,
how we're able to infer what the imaginary listener to this tale is interjecting. And the story itself,
of deception, mind control, awakening and the narrator's recovery from betrayal is excellent.
Like a 40 page Julie O story in capsule form; with a nice touch of levity at the end...
~~~hugs, Laika

A Nasty Surprise, but...

Well this story was purring down the country lane like a good little pussycat, or motor car, then BAM! What a nasty surprise, Mr Nice Man was a cold-blooded, scheming bar steward. It says a lot for the flexibility and fortitude of the story teller, that she was able to carry on.

I particularly liked how the narrative presented as a person telling about their life, and the teller remained nameless and unidentified. A little after the style of a Ballad, where the details are omitted so that the stark bones of the story are given more impact.

Very clever piece of writing. Well done!

Briar

Briar

Bad me, bad!

I'm thinking nasty thoughts - that the men the narrator and other person mentioned as having a strong feminine side are one and the same... Naah!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

The things we do for love

It's too bad that there are some people who are such unfeeling monsters that they can actually force the transition of others for their amusement. But, at least this time, the victim found peace, in the end.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Like a letter to a friend

Donna T's picture

Unique approach to telling a story. Good job. You have written a lot of fine stories. Keep them coming. BTW "My only rule about that is no borrowing my dresses without asking me first." seems like a reasonable request.

Hugs,

Donna

Donna

reasonable request, indeed.

nothing wrong with sharing your dresses with your husband as long as he asks first !

DogSig.png

Interesting twist

Are you taking lessons from Bru?

I like the different take on the 'forced fem,' or maybe it's more under the 'tricked' category.

It must have been hard for her to find out that she was nothing but an experiment, and maybe a one night stand. Of course, if the marriage was legal, she might be able to get the court to award his entire estate in the divorce. Or maybe award it as restitution.

I may have been influenced by Bru

I do enjoy his stories very much. As for compensation, yeah, I think whatever she'd get in a divorce would be a good start ....

DogSig.png

I definately enjoyed the story

But had a little problem with the brain washing of that magnitude, even with drugs fortunately I don't think we are even close to that point.

Brainwashing

Project MKULTRA is under the category of 'conspiracy theories that turned out to be true. Of course, it disappeared without a trace once it was exposed. According to the CIA, all records were destroyed.

Sure they were. We believe them, don't we?

There are rumors that Project Artichoke started where MKULTRA left off. But those are just paranoid conspiracy theories, right? Well, I hope they are just unsubstantiated theories. Otherwise, the shadow dwellers do have brainwashing technology that is that advanced.

Brainwashed

There is a theory that we are all living in a computer simulation. Some even say that that explains the quantum weirdness when you get to very small sizes. The software simply doesn't handle that much fine detail.

While it is discussed seriously, it is also assumed to be neither provable nor disprovable. After all, if someone finds a way to prove it, the Masters Of The Universe will edit the simulation and the people to get rid of that bug.

But MKULTRA was a different sort of a deal. It involved brainwashing individuals, who would then be released to live their lives near their targets, totally unaware that they had been brainwashed. When given a key word, they would turn into ruthless assassins and go after their target.

I'm sure that there were other uses proposed. Nobody knows for sure how far they got with the research or if anyone had been deployed. Or maybe the person who shot Kennedy had been a subject.

It's scary that such a thing was seriously contemplated, let alone tried. And it's scary that it's even remotely possible.

Some people are genuinely evil, and don't care how many people they hurt to achieve their aims. And a lot of them are charming and likable on the outside. You can find the successful ones in politics and at the head of corporations and other large organizations. They hurt other people with about the same level of emotion we give to swatting a mosquito.

Back to the story, you accurately described such a person. The person doing the brainwashing had ice water in his veins. He was an effective actor who hurt someone very deeply just to conduct an experiment. I doubt if he had any remorse whatsoever.