Social Grace

Printer-friendly version

Social Grace

You can blame Kylie for this one. She challenged me to make a story without any trans elements.

I know you’re confused, so let me explain.

If anybody knew what I did last year, I’m sure they would think I was nuts.

I mean, a straight guy, hiring a male prostitute?

But that’s exactly what I did.

I went to an escort agency that had men on staff, and hired “Steve”.

Why would I want a male escort?

Because I suck at dealing with social situations. Especially ones involving women.

I am okay online, which is good considering that’s where I make cash, but as soon as I get away from my computer screen and try and deal with flesh-and-blood people I have serious troubles.

So I went for help from an expert.

And that’s what I got, as “Steve” turned out to be the perfect guy to teach me everything I wanted to know about having social grace.

Best of all, he had no problem with the fact he wouldn’t be expected to do anything sexual with me, although the bonus I gave him for his time may have helped in that regard.

He gave me some great tips on dealing with groups depending on the situation, and dealing with men on a one-on-one situation. but where he was really helpful was in dealing with women.

Thanks to his help, I even was able to successfully ask out a girl in my neighborhood on a date, and it went well enough that she’s interested in going out again.

And if you couldn’t guess, that girl was you, and now we’re getting married.

So, my dear, that’s why I have asked a male escort to be my best man at our wedding, although I’m a little surprised he said yes.

Without him, I might never have found you.

So, we cool?

Good.

End.

up
156 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Are yer dancin', pet?

It might not have any 'trans elements', but it still challenges the way too many people approach the mating game.

Ban nothing. Question everything.

thanks, Nicki

life can be challenging, all right

DogSig.png

Gotta say, you fooled the

Gotta say, you fooled the heck out of me... still all in all it was a good little read

I fooled you, Papa?

glad you found it "a good little read"

DogSig.png

Love it!

Christina H's picture

Outside the box, you were well outside, love the story, it puts into context exactly how
shy some people are, or maybe the word I'm looking for is lacking confidence.

Good for you a lovely bit of writing

Christina

I was pretty shy as a guy

oddly, as a girl, I am slightly more comfortable talking to strangers ...

DogSig.png

Well.....

Why not? It certainly makes perfect sense to do something like that, after all he's just another professional! Like talking to a shrink or a priest or what ever! Does it really matter where good advice comes from? This is a really good one sweetie, keep it up! Loving Hugs Talia (aka Popcorn Lady)