Pink World

Printer-friendly version

Pink World

This whole thing started by accident, I swear.

My mom had taken my twin sister Jessica to an audition, and she wowed them so much they pitched a teen series to star her.

You’d have to be living under a rock not to have heard of it - “Pink World”. It was supposed to be about this single macho dad trying to cope with raising a super girly girl daughter, and everyone was sure that with Jessica as the girl, it would be a big hit.

Then the day before the pilot was to be shot, my sister came down with mono, and things looked bad. A mass panic followed, as everyone realized that a delay of several weeks could cost thousands of dollars, and even tank the show before it ever aired.

Then the show’s producer noticed a picture on the bedside table of my sister’s room, and asked my mom, “Who’s the girl beside Jessica?”

My mom turned a little red, and finally admitted that the girl in the picture was me, her son Jon.

A frantic conference was held, the result of which was I had several people facing me, including the producer, the director and my mom all asking me to take my sister’s place for the pilot and maybe one more episode while she recovered.

That picture hadn’t been the only time I had worn girl clothes, I had often pretended to either be my sister or her girly twin, so it was pretty hard for me to refuse on the grounds of the supposed threat to my masculinity.

So I agreed, we shot the pilot, and it got released, and everybody went crazy for it. It was the most popular premiere of a teen show ever, or so I was told.

So a full season of “Pink World” was approved, and we began filming what was to be my second and last episode before my sister would take over. But before we finished filming, we got the notice that collapsed our house of cards.

My secret had gotten out.

In fact it was plastered everywhere, and “Star of new teen girl show is really a boy” was one of the kinder headlines.

Another frantic conference was held, and a momentous decision was made.

They asked my permission, and made a few changes to the script of the second episode, we shot it, and we waited to see what people would say to the bombshell - the reveal that the girl I was playing was in fact transgender.

We never even dreamed of what the response would be.

People loved this girl even more.

One last conference was held, and they decided that I should keep playing the part, and they got my sister a part on the show as my best friend. She even got a role in a major movie, so she forgave me pretty quickly for “stealing” her part.

So the show went on, and people loved it, and I started getting fan mail from trans kids around the world who wanted to tell me how much they appreciated the fact that the girl I played was someone they could look up to. I also got fan mail from older trans people sharing stories of grief and saying how much they wished they had been blessed with a dad like my TV dad.

Finally, it was time for summer break, and I went to my uncle’s farm in Montana so I could get some boy time, but I found I missed being a girl.

I went to my mom and told her how I felt, and now I am in counseling, trying to figure out just how much of a girl I actually am.

Meanwhile, I have done the second season of “Pink World”, and this summer Mom said if I wanted to I could spend my break as a regular girl to help me figure out where I stand.

So I’m taking a deep breath before I head out into the world as girl - not the girl from the show, but as my feminine self, Joanne.

Wish me luck ...

End

up
217 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Pink world has the makings of a serial

Dorothy, I suspect you might be wondering if this should be continued. I think not only should it be continued, but the present story should be written in greater depth.

Hugs, ^_^
JessieC

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

written in greater depth ?

Can't promise, hon. But with my muse, you can never tell.

Thanks for commenting, Jessie C.

DogSig.png

My feelings too

laika's picture

Those were my feeling too when I got to the end. That was the pitch, not the story.
If that's all the PINK WORLD your muse saw fit to deliver, it was nice;
but to me it really cries out for dialogue, scenes, chapters.

Then again I'm no one to offer advice about how any story "should" go....
In my police/time travel story STATION TO STATION (a transsexual police detective
from 2038 gets caught in a terrorist bombing and wakes up as a cop back in 2015
and has to deal with all the antiquated customs, ignorant beliefs, bad music
and a grumpy cissexist boss named Gene) I'm stalled on "The night was..."
~~hugs, Veronica

you never know, Laika

my muse may not be done with this story just yet ...

DogSig.png

Yeah, andddd...........

What happens next sweetie? First dance, first "boy" friend, first kiss, Homecoming Queen? Then there's movies, cosmetic commercials. Keep going Dottie, this could be a classic! Loving Hugs, Crazy Popcorn Lady

comments

you forgot an Oscar,a Grammy elected to political office. just being funny great story

thanks Samsr1

yeah, and what about her being appointed Supreme Ruler of Earth ?

giggles.

thanks for commenting.

DogSig.png

Show business is like that,

Show business is like that, you never know what kind of part is going to be offered to you. Some good, some bad and some that can be truly amazing either good or bad. Seems Jon/Joanne has discovered that "truth" early in life.

no business like show business?

She went from playing a part to finding herself, and maybe many of us do the same ...

Thanks for commenting Janice Lynn

DogSig.png

And hopefully

She'll learn to realize that pink doesn't mean girl, colors don't mean anything, cloths don't mean anything. It doesn't matter even if you like painting your nails or whatever stereotypes she's used to. What matters is what's in your heart, if you're a female in your heart that's all that matters. The rest will come, you'll find your favorite color, you'll find your favorite clothing style (maybe it'll be jeans and a top? :D) you'll find your favorite hobbies. Just don't push away things because they aren't socially accepted as "girl".

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

you dont have to be "girly" to be a girl

But some of us are, and some of us at least explore being girly while we figure out who we are.

I'm probably girly but don't tell Jaci ...

thanks for commenting, Chelsea

DogSig.png

Good story

Though I have to agree with others that it could turn into a much longer story with more details.... all depending on how far your muse is willing to go.

Joanna

Pink World ...

... sounds like it'd be a great show! I'd def watch it. There have been a couple of shows where there were trans characters, but I don't think there has been a TV series yet where the main character was transgender.

Not a Montana Hutterite Farm Then?

I've watched dozens of Videos about the Hutterites in Canada, the Dakotas and Montana. Did I see you in one of them?

Gwen