The Superiors: The Gift Chapter 2

Printer-friendly version

The Superiors: The Gift: Chapter 2:

“The Compound” ...

Fluke:

“I really should go out there, people are getting hurt.” I said to Sarah.

“Not yet, Eddi” Sarah cautioned me.

“But ...” I objected.

“If Loki really is out to get you, this would be the perfect time, while everybody is busy with these aliens. Wait, and I’m sure the Doctor will be able to figure a way that you can help without putting yourself in danger.” Sarah pointed out.

“Indeed I will” The Doctor intoned as he faded into the room.

“Dont do that!” I growled, as he’d scared me out of a couple years growth with that entrance.

He handed me a strange looking necklace and said, “Put this on. If Loki shows up and tries drain you of your power, he’ll get a nasty shock.”

“Thank you. “ I said, and put it on. “Here I thought you didn’t like me.”

“I am not fond of someone wielding chaos magic, but compared to Loki, you at least have a good heart.” He growled in response.

I blushed at the compliment, and then turned to my partner, and said, “put on your fighting clothes, hon. We’re going to go save people.”

“One warning, Fluke.” the Doctor said, “You might start getting stronger because the chaos going on out there could fuel your magic. Be careful. And if Loki does come for you, even if the necklace works, call me immediately, are we clear?”

“No problem Doc. I want to help people, and fighting Loki would be a distraction right now.” I replied.

My partner said, “give me a minute to get into my new suit, and we can go.”

Her “new suit” had been one of the things I had insisted on before she joined me in crime fighting. As she was a regular person, she would need an edge, and some protection to reduce the chances of her getting herself killed.

And boy does her new suit give her an edge.

It looks like her, if she was fifteen feet tall, and covered in gold glitter, with the initials “RG” made out of diamonds on the “belt”.

I dont think I wanna know how much the thing cost her to have built.

But I’m glad she has it, especially going into the chaos we were about to enter ...

And it was truly chaos.

Bad people who were using their new powers to terrorize others were bad enough, but almost worse were those who seemingly hadnt planned their wish for powers properly, or maybe the aliens didnt understand their requests and now had put themselves or others in danger as a result.

And then I discovered something interesting. Coyote was a trickster god, like Loki, and it seemed that chaos not only leaked out of me making weird stuff happen around me (on my first official day as Fluke, I had dealt with another alien invasion AND a bank robbery, both of which went way beyond “normal”), but I seemed to be actually drawing strength from the chaos that was now all around me.

Chaos I then began to channel into a force to help people.

For example, someone had set cars on fire, and I caused a water main to break at just the right place to send jets of water toward the cars, dousing them before they could explode.

Still, we would have been quickly overwhelmed if there hadnt been people who were using their new gifts to try and help out.

Trouble was, even with help, it looked like it wasn’t going to be enough ...

At the home of Andi Mays ...

Andi:

Once I realized the amount of chaos the aliens were causing by giving powers to people, I gave Carl a kiss, and changed into my “troubleshooter” costume.

Once I was ready, I sighed, and jumped into the fray. Even though I prefer to get paid for my work, sometimes, you have to do a freebie. Especially when it was likely there wouldnt be any clients left if things didn’t turn around ...

At the home of “The Red Baron”

Baron Richthofen, aka “The Red Baron” turned from the television screen to address his guests.

“This will cause chaos.” He said.

“Seems like this would be a perfect opportunity for us to do as we please, while the so-called “superiors” are busy.” Caster said.

“Perhaps, but I dont believe that would be the wisest course.” The Baron replied, “I believe that there is something more going on than what we are seeing. Only a god or goddess can give a human these kinds of abilities.”

“What would you suggest we do?” Lord Dark Flame asked.

“Watch and wait. Let us learn more before we go out into that madness”

“What a waste. ” muttered Dr. Destructo.

“Waste or not, it is the best plan” intoned the Baron.

The others nodded, and all of them said, “Okay, we wait.”

Just then, a voice said, “Well, that’s no fun”

And the castle exploded ....

To be continued ...

up
80 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos