Indestructible

Printer-friendly version

Indestructible

“Steve Austin, astronaut, a man barely alive...”

You can blame my grandfather for the fact I know that line. Its from a TV show from the dark ages called “The Six Million Dollar Man.” He likes to tell me he worked on the show.

Over and over again.

Somehow, he ended up with a lot of memorabilia from it too. A whole pile of props, mostly examples of the “bionic” parts. He also has copies of all the scripts, and worst of all, copies of film he er... liberated from the set.
The result is I’m probably the only person under forty who can recite the opening scene from that show from memory.

Really.

I make fun of him and his strange obsession with that show, but honestly, he is … an amazing guy. My parents died when I was eight years old, and he took me in and raised me. It couldn’t have been easy for him, especially since I was a girl. I’m even named after him, sorta. See, he is Henry Hollis, Sr., my dad was Henry Hollis Jr., and me?

I was born Henrietta.

Honestly.

Regardless, with no female help he had to assist me through crying over being flat chested, and then having a growth spurt in the chest area that hurt like anything, not to mention me learning about makeup, dresses, heels, and of course, boys.

And of course, having to deal with me developing a monthly cycle, a subject that made him shudder.

But he saw me through it all, right up until the day I died.

I was eighteen years old when the world changed forever. A man calling himself Commander Ares revealed himself to the world and it started a whole new era, one in which some people on earth had the ability to have powers far beyond the norm.

Soon after, others arrived, and it was like we were all living in a comic-book world. Girls and guys who could control the earth, who could fly, all the things we used to consider fantasy had come to life.

I pretty much ignored the whole thing.

I was busy having my last summer as a kid before attending UCLA, where I planed to take film classes. Yeah, somehow Gramps had finally rubbed off on me, and I was following in his footsteps.

And the fact that my boyfriend was also a student was just a coincidence, really.

I really loved the guy. He was movie-star handsome, strong, smart, funny, and had a cute butt. He could’ve had any girl in our school, but chose me and made me feel like the girl lead in a super romantic movie every time we were together.
We even died together.

Only I came back, sort of.

It happened my third year at college. He was driving me back to Gramp’s place, as I was going to stay there for the Christmas break, and like a lot of kids our age, we were not exactly being safe. My crazy boyfriend was speeding, and I was standing up with my head out the sun roof. I had taken my top off, leaving me just in pants and a bra, giving him a good look at my assets.

I must have been a bit too good at getting his attention. He took the last turn far too fast …

What happened next seemed like some really odd dream. I knew I was badly hurt, even dying, but I seemed to be beyond pain. I seemed to be floating above my body, only an observer, as Gramps limped up to the car as fast as his cane allowed.

He must have been waiting for me and seen the crash. He pulled me out of the wreck and took me home. Why he didn’t take me to a hospital, I don’t know. Instead, he took me into his workshop. I think somehow, he knew a hospital would be no help to me.

That’s when the changes started. My breasts that I was so proud of deflated like a couple of sad balloons. What was left of my face became angular, and I even got a five o’clock shadow.

Worst of all a male organ spouted between my legs like a bizarre weed.

Then things really got weird.

Whatever powered my transformation, it wasn’t enough. I was still dying.

“We can rebuild him...”

Gramps started grabbing the props from the show, and putting them on me and in me. And even though they were props, not real “bionic” parts, somehow, when they were put on me, they worked like they were the real thing.

By daybreak, I was … a real-life cyborg.

He’d just finished when he started feeling woozy, managed to call 911, and then fell over.

I was blissfully unaware of much of this at the time. My spirit had watched for a while, but then I was drifting, headed for the Light. You know, THE Light. I was just about there when I got intercepted - by a girl.

The girl was wearing some kind of toga, and had a veil thing that obscured her face. She told me I wasn’t done on Earth, that I had a destiny as a hero to fulfill.

Honestly, it sounded pretty corny to me, too.

She led me back to my body, which by that time had been moved and was laying in a hospital bed with my best friend Katy sitting beside me. She was holding my hand and crying. I looked down at that strange body, so changed since I last was in it, and said to my angelic companion, “No way. Let me go into the Light, please.”

“Not yet. You are needed here, for her, for the world. And as tough as it it will be, you’ll never be alone. You are watched over, and loved, in ways you cannot yet understand.”

With that, she faded, and I fell into darkness, a sleep without dreams.

When at last I awoke, I was looking up at soft lights on the ceiling. The sound of the occasional beep filled the air, almost drowning out soft snoring coming from the corner. I looked over and saw Katy sleeping, She had put a couple of chairs together and was wedged into the corner.

I looked at her and after a minute realized something I had not really thought of before.

I’d always known she was cute-looking, but now I was seeing her through different eyes. My friend was sexy as hell.
I felt blood rush to my cheeks, and …. other areas.

There isn't an easy way to describe what that felt like. It was weird, and uncomfortable, and …

Okay, okay, it felt kinda good, too.

I must have made a noise, because she stirred, and opened up her eyes.

“Hi,” I croaked.

“H... hi, Retta. You woke up!” She smiled, rushed over and hugged me.

The press of her breasts against my body created a feeling I could only wish to continue.

I tried to speak and failed.

“You must need some water. I’ll be right back,” she said, and after giving me a quick squeeze, she left.

I found myself admiring the wiggle in her walk as she walked away.

I thought, “What in God’s name had happened to me?”

She came back with a nurse in tow. The nurse cranked the bed so I was sitting up and handed me a glass of water with a straw.

I took a long sip, and got rid of the cotton feeling in my mouth.

“Thanks.” I managed, and realized how low my voice sounded.

“How are you feeling?” Katy asked.

“Not… sure just yet,” I said. I was squinting, so I added, “Can we turn down the lights?”

“I’ll close the curtains,” the nurse said, and went over to the window.

When she moved to the window, I realized I could clearly see her bra strap showing through her uniform.

It was all I could do to prevent myself from trying to get a better look.

Trying to distract myself, I asked Katy, “What happened? Where’s Gramps? Is he okay?”

“He’s okay. He was exhausted and dehydrated when they got to you two, but otherwise okay. As to what happened … you were in an accident, and … you changed.”

“I had a strange dream … Am I a guy now?”

She nodded.

“How did you guys know I’m... me?”

“He managed to stay conscious long enough to tell the EMTs, before he passed out.”

“Can I see him?” I asked.

“Soon, I promise,” Katy said.

“I’d better tell the doctor you’re awake,” the nurse said, and left.

As soon as she was out the door, I told Katy, “Okay. I want to get up and look at myself.”

I pulled the blanket back and dropped my legs off the bed. I wobbled when my feet hit the floor, and Katy rushed to me, put my arm over her shoulder and hers around my waist, helping me stay upright.

“Whoa,” I said, and swayed for a few seconds.

“Take it easy, would you?” Katy said.

I just stood still for a moment, and then realized the position we were in. She was holding on to me tight, and she smelled nice, and her body felt warm and soft and …

I forced myself to think of other things, like getting my legs working

Finally, I staggered to the bathroom, and with some reluctance told Katy, “I’m okay.”

She let go a bit, but stayed very close, close enough to send little shivers across my spine.

I focused on the image in the mirror. The perspective was different than my dream, and I was paying closer attention, so I noticed a few things for the first time.

The first was the family resemblance. The nose, the ears, I could easily pass for a cousin or even my own brother. The second thing was the fact I looked like I had lost a couple of years. I’d get carded at any bar in town, and suddenly the thought of using my old ID made me almost giggle.

That led to the last thing I noticed, the thing I had tried so hard to avoid thinking about since I woke up.

I was a guy now.

I had hair in places I’d never had before, my chest was all wrong, and my hips and …

“I … I ...”

Katy took my hand, and squeezed gently. That felt good enough to hold back the “ick” feeling I was getting looking at myself in the mirror.

“I’m a guy, Katy. I....”

“I can only imagine, Retta,” Katy said. “But if you have to be a guy, at least you’re a handsome one.”

That last comment made me look again. She was right, I was … a hunk. I’d be beating girls off with a stick. Heck, I’d been beating the old me off with a stick.

My head began to spin, and I said, “I’m going to lay back down now.”

“Okay,” Katy said, and steered me back to my bed.

“Thanks, Katy,” I said as I eased back in.

“Anytime,” she said, and squeezed my hand.

Finally, she let go and said, “I … I should go see if I can find out how your grandfather is doing.”

“That’d be good. But come back soon,” I said, and I could swear I saw her blush before she turned, and left the room.

I laid my head back on the pillow and tried to think. So okay, I was a guy, and based on my reactions, I was into girls now. Could I cope with that? I was assuming I had no choice. But the whole “superior” thing was also there to deal with. I hadn’t shot lightning bolts out of my fingers or anything yet, so I had no idea what I could do, or how even to figure it out.

And then there was my dream, that Gramps had somehow incorporated the props from that show into my body. By the cold light of day, that sounded just ridiculous, but we lived in an age of wonders, now, so could I completely dismiss it? I could only hope so.

I turned the TV to a music channel to distract myself. Again, my change in orientation was obvious to me almost as soon as the first video started playing. Before, I would have been either annoyed at the females in the videos for how they behaved and dressed, or maybe envious at their beautiful bodies, but now...

All I could think was, “Oh boy, this was going to take some getting used to.”

Just then a doctor entered the room, and said, “Ah, Mr. Hollis. Awake and feeling better?”

“Awake, yes. As for feeling better? That’s still up for debate.”

“Ah, well, it will come in time. As far as your physical health goes, you are in good condition and getting better quickly, especially considering the trauma you just went through. I see no reason why that won't continue. Baring some sudden downturn, we could clear you to leave from a medical standpoint by tonight,” he said.

“I fear there’s a ‘but’ coming,” I said.

“It's your mental state we must now concern ourselves with. How are you coping with your …. transition?”

“As well as I have to,” I said.

“Well, I’d like you to talk to our psychiatrist in any case.”

“Is there an ‘or else’ attached to that request?”

“Only that I would be negligent in my duty if I released you without knowing you were recovering mentally as well as physically.”

“So I talk to him, or I don’t go home.”

“You understand my position perfectly.”

“Fine,” I said. “But I want to see my grandfather. My friend just left to see how’s he doing.”

“I will do what I can to arrange it. Try not to over-exert yourself in the meantime,” he said calmly.

“I’m okay,” I said, getting slightly angry at him.

“If you say so. Do remember however I have the authority to have you restrained, if it becomes necessary.”

I glared at him, and then forced myself to calm down. “I’ll be a good …. boy.”

“Excellent,” he said, and swept out of the room.

Suddenly, I felt very tired, and even though I fought it, trying to stay awake until Katy came back, I found it harder and harder.

“What have you gotten me into?” I muttered to the mystery girl from my dream, and then fell back to sleep

*******

When I woke, I saw my grandfather standing by my bedside.

“Gramps?”

“Yes, dear. They tell me you are recovering nicely.”

“I guess. so, Gramps... Except for …”

“Turning into a guy?” he finished for me. “I can’t imagine how you’re feeling right now. But we’ll get through it, together.”

“Thanks, Gramps. Oh God...

“What is it, hon?”

“What happened to Robert?”

“We’ll … talk about that later, okay?”

“He didn’t make it, did he?”

“I’m sorry, hon. He didn’t”

I cried, not caring if it wasn’t “manly” or not.

Just then my doctor came into the room, and said, “I see I can’t leave you alone for even a few minutes before something happens.”

“Sorry, Doc,” Gramps said. “She ... he just found out about Robert.”

“My boyfriend’s dead.” I said numbly.

“I heard. I was going to try to wait until you were feeling a bit better before we discussed that.”

“Sorry, Doc.” Granps said.

“Sorrys can wait. I brought the psychologist, so I want everyone else to leave so they can talk.”

Everyone left, and an older woman came in.

“Hello. I’m Dr. Morrow. And please don’t make the obvious joke.”

“Wow. It must suck having a name like that.”

“It can, on occasion. Now, let’s begin our little session, shall we?”

“I guess.”

“Look, I wont claim to understand what you’re going through. But I will listen, and I might just be able to help you deal with this.”

“Okay. I want out of here, so I’ll cooperate.”

“Please don’t think of it like that. Having you go out without dealing with these things would do you no favors.”
“I know, I know. Its just so much to process right now.”

“Which is why we need to take it slow and steady. You’ve experienced a tremendous loss, and I’m not just talking about your boyfriend. Changing your sex has to be at least as traumatic experience for you.”

“I … I don’t know how I feel about it. One moment I feel like I’m okay, the next I just want to go back to being me.”

“Probably perfectly natural. But let’s take it one step at a time. I … was actually able to find someone who might understand better than I do what you feel like.”

She went to the door, and waved. A young woman came into the room, and I recognised her right away. It was E-Girl. She looked like a regular pretty high school cheerleader, and despite myself I felt a rush of blood to … certain places.
“Hi. They call me E-Girl,” she said softly.

“I... I was Henrietta, but I guess I’m closer to a Hank, now.”

“I understand, a bit of what you feel like. I started off as a guy, and now I’m a girl.”

“Yes, but from what I’ve read, you always had a feminine side. I’m not like that at all.”

“Okay, lets start with that. Can you describe how felt about being a girl in the first place?”

“I don’t know. I mean, its not like I woke every morning and sang that song ‘I enjoy being a girl’, but … now that I think about it, I really did enjoy it. My friends always teased me about how much of a girly-girl I was.

“They said once the easiest way to pick me out of our group was to look for the one in a skirt. I just laughed and said I liked making it easy for the boys to pick me out.”

I took a deep breath and added, “I don’t know if I appreciated what I had, until it was gone.”

“You couldn’t have enjoyed periods, could you?”

“No, I guess I didn’t And I didn't always like the way sometimes guys treated me like I couldn’t have a brain, just cause I was good looking.”

“Well, no problem there anymore, but you might need to worry about getting attention from girls now. You’re a … pretty good looking guy.”

“I kinda noticed. Trouble is, I may not mind that attention much, and that frightens me.”

“Frightens you?”

“Yeah. I’ve... started to look at girls the way I used to look at guys. And its scary.”

“I would think there would be worse things than finding out you’re heterosexual.”

“I guess I am, when I think about it that way. Its still a little strange and frightening.”

“I can only imagine.”

“I don't suppose you have any good advice for me?”

“I wish I did. Changing gender the way you and I did is an unbelievable traumatic experience, and that's even if you kinda wanted it, like I did. It's got to be a lot harder for you because you were comfortable as a girl. But what I can tell you is that you won't be alone going through it.”

“Th... thank you.”

“And you have another source of grief at the moment as well. Can you talk about it?”

“I … I killed my boyfriend,” I wept.

She held me for a while, and then said, “I’ve been there, too. I failed to save my best friend, and that’s how I got my powers.”

“I remember reading about that. But it wasn’t your fault, if I remember.”

“And maybe you’re not to blame for what happened either.”

“I distracted him while he was driving! Of course it was my fault!”

"And maybe my presence distracted my friend long enough to make her fall"

I had no answer to that, and instead started crying again.

We talked for a long time, and finally she said, “Look, I’ve got to go. Here is a contact number for me at the Compound. At some point, you’ll need to check in there anyway, so it might help you to have an old hand around.”

“Thanks, uh... What do I call you? Calling you E-Girl seems kinda silly after all we shared.”

“You can call me Debra. I took that name in honor of my friend, Debbie.

“Okay. Thanks for everything, Debra.”

“You’re welcome.”

She went to the window, and flew off.

I lay there thinking about what she talked to me about, until I started to drift off to sleep.

I dreamt again of Gramps using the parts from the TV show to fix me up, and even as a dream, it didn’t make any sense to me. How could that possibly happen? How could he take a bunch of movie props and fix me with them? And what about that mysterious girl who said I had a destiny?

I resolved to figure it out, and there was only one place to start.

Gramps.

When I woke, I asked the nurse to see if he could come see me. I waited through breakfast, and then Gramps came in, but he wasn't alone. With him was a older man in a crisp white suit, and I guessed based on how he stood that this man was military.

“Hi, sweetie,” Gramps said.

“Don't sweetie me. I’m not a girl anymore, Gramps. What did you do to me, and whose your friend?”

“Okay. Let me introduce you to Oscar Goldman.”

“You have GOT to be kidding me.”

*****
“What is she talking about?” the man said.

“The Six Million Dollar Man. I know you’re obsessed with that show, Gramps, but still.”

“Oh yes. Obviously, I’m not that Oscar Goldman.”

“Obviously, since that was fiction.”

“Some of it was. Some of it was based on real events. For example, Steve Austin was a real person.”

Gramps looked pained at hearing that name.

“Gramps? Did you ... know him?”

My grandfather, who was one of the strongest people I met, looked like he was going to break down and cry.

“Sorry,” He managed.

His friend looked uncomfortable, and said, “I'll... let you talk to your grandchild alone.”

He left, and my grandfather came close, and sat on my bed.

“Okay, Gramps. Who was Steve Austin?”

“Steve was... an amazing, special man. I... I...”

“You were in love with him?”

Gramps hung his head down.

‘Its okay, Gramps. I mean, I know some gay people at school, so its not like I’ve never heard of such a thing. But what about Grandma? Did she know?”

He laughed through his tears, and said, “No way she couldn’t. Since they were the same person.”

“Say what now?”

“Your grandmother’s true name was Steve Austin.”

*******
“Please tell me you’re kidding.”

“No. Your grandmother was a man in the core of his being. But sadly, that was long before the word “transsexual” was heard of, much less surgery for female to male trans people, so she never got acknowledged as such.”

Looking down at my now male body, I could sympathize. “I’m sorry, Gramps. Why didn't she, he come out of the closet? Why am I only hearing this now?”

“Well, after he had your father, he had all but shut down because of being forced to play the female role. He decided the only way to survive was to totally go into the closet, to never even mention “Steve”. So I honored that choice, and it was the biggest mistake of my life. He just... wasted away, and died young. When the show started and they were looking for a name for the hero, I suggested the name ‘Steve Austin.’ as the only way I could honor him. And that’s how it happened.”

“No wonder you loved that show. But you never said anything to me or to Dad?”

“I honestly didn’t know how to broach the subject. Your dad had lost his mother, and I was going to take away the memories he had of her by saying she was really a he?”

“I’m sorry, Gramps.”

“No, I’m sorry. I’m sorry I didn't say something sooner. He deserved better.”

I just sat there, silent, and held his hand. After a while, I said, “Look, Gramps. As much as I want to know more about this, I have other issues at the moment. Like the fact I’m a guy, and I think you did something to me to keep me alive.”

He looked down in shame. “I ... I did what I had to do to save your life.”

“Gramps, I’m glad I’m alive. But what exactly did you do?”

“Not here. When you get home, I promise I’ll tell you everything.”

I was a little grumpy about this idea, but I agreed.

A couple of days later, I was sent home, and as soon as I was inside, I turned to Gramps and said, “Okay. I’ve been patient. Now, if you please, tell me what happened to me?”

“Okay. Come to my little workshop.”

We went in, and I noticed that Gramps had added a couple of new items. One was a treadmill, another was a large concrete block with some gauges somehow stuck in it.

“Cute. Now, what’s this about?”

“Hon, I .. I want you to understand. I did what I had to do to save your life.”

“I’d be more grateful if I knew what you did.”

“It's... easier to show you. Step on the treadmill, and go all out, would you?”

I was totally confused, but I got on the treadmill, and started jogging.

“Faster"

And something amazing happened. I went faster, and faster, and yet I didn't seem to even feel the effects of it.

“Faster!” Gramps shouted.

I went all out, and finally, Gramps told me to stop.

“Okay. What was that about?” I said as I got off.

“How fast do you think you were going?”

“I don't know. How fast?”

“About Seventy-five miles an hour. And you aren’t even out of breath, are you?”

“You’re joking, right?”

He showed me the speedometer, which read “74.8 MPH”

“Whoa.”

“And that’s not all. Try to lift that block.”

“You’re kidding, right? It's got to weigh a ton.”

“Just try.”

I shrugged, and got a grip on it. The next thing I knew, I had lifted it up above my head.

“I can’t believe this!” I don't even feel like I’m straining!”

“Interesting. You might be even stronger than I planned on.”

I put it down, and then said, “Okay. So I’m definitely a Superior. So give me the details, please.”

“Well, to start with, I have to come clean with you. I’m .. not the person you thought I was.”

“What do you mean?”

“My original name was not Henry Hollis.”

“Gramps, I don't care what your name was. To me, you were the man who raised me after my parents died, and that’s enough.”

“Thank you, dear, but my original name is important. I’m just not sure you’ll believe me.”

“Gramps, I’m some kind of super-dude, and I wasn't even a dude a couple of days ago. I think I’m ready to believe anything.”

“Well, we’ll see. My original name was ... Hephaestus.”

I tried to remember where I had heard that name before. “Okay?”

“Perhaps I should have spent more time teaching you Greek myths. I was the Keeper of the Forge of the Gods. The Romans called me Vulcan.”

“You’re ... a god?”

“A former one. Retired, until your accident.”

Somehow, I didn't doubt him. There was something about him, something I hadn’t seen before probably because he hadn’t wanted me to.

“How? How is it possible?”

“We ... retired when Christianity became the dominant religion. Most of us left Earth, but I was working on something, and so decided I wanted to keep at it. When human society seemed advanced enough, I found a mortal to be my front, and then we tried to make my experiments work.”

“Let me take a wild guess, and say it had something to do with the show?”

“Yes. We attempted to rescue an accident victim, and make them a cyborg. But it failed. Then it appeared that the story would come out, so they made the whole show to cover up the situation.”

“You said it failed. But I’m standing here.”

“It failed then, and even I didn’t understand why. But when I saw you start to transform and realized you were something special, I believed it could work this time. And it has.”

I sat down heavily, and he put a hand on my shoulder. “I can't even pretend how hard this is for you to take in. But I believe you survived for a reason.”

“Can a god believe?”

“Maybe we can believe easier than humans. Because we KNOW there are some amazing things out there.”

“You ... weren’t really gods, were you?”

“I guess that depends on what you mean. We live forever, and have abilities humans never had, at least until the Superiors arrived.”

“Commander Ares? Is he really ... you know, the god?”

“No. He’s the first human to approach our abilities. But I wouldn’t put it past my old friend to have had a hand in things.”

“So what happens now? E-Girl wants me to go to the Compound, and be a super hero. I... I don't know if that’s the life I want.”

“Why not take some time to figure things out? There’s no rush. By the way, I’ve been meaning to ask you, are you going to want to change your name? Henrietta doesn’t really suit a boy.”

“I jokingly called myself Hank in the hospital. Maybe that’s exactly what I should use. In honor of dad.”

“Okay, Hank. I’m proud of how you’re taking this.”

“I think I’m in shock. I’ll probably have a breakdown later.”

“Well, if you start having trouble, maybe you could invite that friend of yours. Katy?”

I blushed. Had my attraction been that obvious?

“If it helps you, She’s... interested, too.”

“But she is my best friend!”

“Which is not the worst place to start a deeper relationship.”

“I’ll think about it.”

“Okay. I’ll butt out,” he said.

“I... I’m gonna lay down. I’ve got a lot to think about.”

“Good idea.”

I went to my room, and realized how much had changed for me since I was last here. The room looked like a typical teenage girl’s, and that was one thing I wasn’t anymore.

I figured that when I woke up, I’d have to start the redecorating process. Trying to imagine what a boy’s room should look like, I fell asleep.

As I slept, I dreamt.

I dreamt of using my new abilities to help the people in my town after an earthquake. I dreamt of wearing a costume, and fighting bank robbers and other criminals. I dreamt of being alongside Ares, E-Girl, and others fighting against the mad scientist Dr. Destructo and his strange magical partner Nightmare, as well as others.

But mostly, I dreamt of Katy.

Of us forming a partnership, using the friendship and trust we had always had for each other as a foundation, to which we added the new level of physical attraction.

Of us becoming closer and closer, until the two of us becoming one, stronger together than either of us had ever been alone.

I smiled in my sleep, and thought to myself, “Sounds like fun.”

up
143 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Hank, the Bionic Transman

Ooo, that makes a terrible tagline for the show.

I like it so far. Is this the first of a series? Or a standalone? Or is it a standalone like in Morpheus's Legacy series, but he may have a cameo in other stories?

I hope you're continuing it...

Lisa Danielle

Some very off color lyrics just came to mind.

but I won't write them here. Oooooboy! Like the story, Dorothy.

Catherine Linda Michel

As a T-woman, I do have a Y chromosome... it's just in cursive, pink script. Y_0.jpg

Off colour lyrics...

You could always PM them to me... :P

Lisa

thanks, Catherine

oh, come on. You cant NOT tell us the lyrics now....

Thanks for commenting.

DogSig.png

thanks, Lisa

I have no idea at the present whether my muse will make more of this one. I'm glad you liked it, and thanks for commenting.

DogSig.png

Wow Dorothy, Liked this one a lot:)

I can see you building on this with other stories in something maybe called "The Compound." I really love good superhero genre stuff like these.
I'm looking forward to more.
*Great Big Angel Hugs*
Bailey...A Proud Supporter of Team Dorothy.

Bailey Summers

"The Compound" as a series?

Maybe, Bailey. Or maybe I should open up this little universe and see who else would like to take a crack at it ....

Thanks for commenting, and Angel hugs back.

DogSig.png

Hmm...

Extravagance's picture

It's refreshing to see a FtM story. Thanks for indulging me, but my inner Yaoi-FanMegaTomboy is disappointed. She keeps insisting that a cute guy just isn't complete, unless he's impaled on the penis of a big hunky man...
Fandom aside, why is it that a person's sexual orientation almost always seems to change along with their sex? =|

Catfolk Pride.PNG

changing orientation?

I'm not sure why they often change orientation, Extravagance. It just seemed to work for Hank here.

Thanks for commenting.

DogSig.png

Intriguing start Dorothy.

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

Intriguing start Dorothy. You've created an interesting character in Henrietta / Hank and sown the seeds of an interesting universe. I shall have to take a look at the other stories in it. :-)



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Very Nice

We can make you stronger, faster .... Hank the Bionic Man!
hugs
Grover

glad you liked it, Grover

I grew up watching that show, and it was nice to do a bit of a tribute to it.

Thanks for commenting.

DogSig.png

ahh changes...

I love the fact this one is an FtM story!!

I am wondering about what happened to Robert and (just incidentally) where the male parts came from (donor?)

The idea is intriguing to say the least!

Robert

the story says Robert died in the crash that triggered her change.

Thanks for commenting hon.

DogSig.png

I liked it from the get-go

When Dorothy asked for proofers and sent it to me, I loved it from the start. There was so much going on... old time television, ancient gods, and FTM transition.

It was pretty much perfect out of the box, I hardly had to do anything.

I don't know if there are more legs on the story, but this could certainly be in interesting universe to explore.

Keep it up, Dot!

Janet

Mistress of the Guild of Evil [Strawberry] Blonde Proofreaders
TracyHide.png

To be or not to be... ask Schrodinger's cat.

I'm seriouslly blushing

You are an amazing author, so your praise means a lot.

Thanks for proofing, and thanks for commenting.

DogSig.png

Indestructible

New look at a classic

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Fun Story...

Never watched the show myself, but a good friend used that narration on his answering machine.

Seemed well put together, and consistent with what you said in E-Girl about the Greek gods sort of sponsoring heroes.

I'll be interested in seeing if you do more with it.

Eric

thanks, Eric

Glad you enjoyed it.

DogSig.png

This seems fun. I guess

This seems fun. I guess although it's another super hero universe the spiritual elements give it its unique touch.
thank you for writing,
Beyogi

"Unique" Beyogi?

I'd like to think its a little different. I'm glad you liked it.

Thanks for commenting.

DogSig.png