Alex & Chris Chapter 47

Printer-friendly version


Alex & Chris
By Sharphawlad

Chapter 47 Help for Chow Lynn
The little falcon that had previously fought bravely alongside the Buzzards and Eagles settled down near Red, “I have got my stripes look. I am a wing commander now.”

Draco, “Congratulations my little friend.”

“Lord Draco I need the winged warriors please.”

“Why do you need the warriors my little friend?”

“A long-time ago I was injured and Chow Lynn helped me and nursed me back to health. I have been told she has been abducted and is to be sold to Arabs as a slave.”

Endora, “So she cared for you like a child and now the child wants to rescue the mother.”

“Yes Mistress. But I am small and need help.”

Astrid who had been listening , “Mum is busy at the moment but ask Endora, Snow, Draco and those of the remaining sections who wish to help falcon on her mission. Falcon you are to ride with Endora who will be flight leader & you flight commander.”

“Sir I did not expect so many to help me.”

Lord Arran blew a whistle. “Eagle squadrons we are going hunting with Lord Draco and family.”

One of the Eagle owls, “Chow Lynn once nursed me back to health as well so I am going with you.”

A wren and a robin, “Sir we are coming too we may not have the beaks or talons of our cousins, but nobody will give us a second glance and we make ideal spies.”

Draco “Ok you two hop on, and come with me.”

They saw an oasis coming into view. The falcon, “I will go down and see if anybody knows the whereabouts of Chow Lynn.” The falcon plummeted down to earth and then at the last minute corrected the fall.

“This is where she comes into her own said the eagle owl. None of us can dive as fast as she can.” A short time later the falcon returned, “This is the last water hole for some time so perhaps it is better if we rest here for the night.”
One by one they all landed.

A song thrush approached Draco, “Are you the Dragon Lord?” “I heard the wailing of the women that had been taken captive.”

“One said, Father save us all. Then I heard the same voice say sisters of Draco hear me. Later I heard her say Dragon father and sisters I plead for you help. My power is gone and I cannot last much longer.”

Draco, “Can you show Falcon, Wren & Robin where she is being held while we refresh ourselves?”

Falcon, “I am looking to free my mistress Chow Lynn. Fear not you will not be on my menu.” It was only a relatively short distance to where Chow Lynn was prisoner. Falcon found her and managed to sever her bonds with her beak.

Robin spoke, "Did you summoned the Dragon lord Chow Lynn?”

“I did not but there are others prisoners here one of them must have.”

Falcon, “My first task is to get you to safety and then the heavy brigade can come in. One of the guards had spotted Chow Lynn had broken free. He did not realise he had to contend with an angry falcon who gouged his eyes out with her talons. Chow Lynn ran him through with his own sword. She quickly stripped him and put on his clothing.

“Falcon can you accompany me. Wren can you call up the reserves? Robin flew in front checking for danger.”

Wren, “I have to tell Lord Draco the Purple Queen and child is captives of the slavers.”

Red spoke little friend, “You must now rest.”

“We managed to free Chow Lynn and Falcon blinded a guard while Chow Lynn finished him off with his own sword.”

Draco, “Red You may lead as there is no more fearsome sight than angry queens when a queen and brood are in danger. Remember there are innocent down there also.”

Wren, “Most of the prisoners are in the big tent over there while all those on the edge are guards.”

Red, “Sisters it is time to teach these slavers a lesson.” Tent after tent burst into flames. The occupants rushed out into the night only to be engulfed in flames. Tent after tent went the same way and the air was acrid with the stench of burning flesh. Chow Lynn managed to get to the main tent and had no difficulty releasing the other captives.

“Is there somebody here who knows a Lord Draco?”

“That is my father & this one Grand Father.”

“Well that screaming you can here is the slavers receiving justice from your sisters. We might as well wait here as it would not be safe to go out there.” Chow Lynn looked at the marks on the Purple Queen.” “I will try and ease your pain.”

“No if my family is here my sisters will do it.”

Falcon, “Chow Lynn hold me and touch the Princess. I am of the Empresses golden flight.”

Chow Lynn, “Does the Empress rank higher than a queen if so I must obey the Falcon?”

“Chow Lynn you know full well the falcon’s words out rank me. I presume I must have a Golden sister falcon?”

“I am only a golden dragon falcon or so Lord Snow and Draco call me.”

“Grandpa you know grandpa.”

“I have had the privilege of fighting with both. First with Lord Draco. And then with all your family to teach some miscreants a lesson they would never ever forget.”

“It sounds like my sisters handed out similar Justice to what is happening outside”.

“Correct mistress it was a joint Dragon and Eagle operation.”

“So Lord Arran was involved. Somebody must have relay angered somebody.”

“They attacked me and Lord Draco and the Daughters of Lord Arran.”

“Ha I understand now why. I presume the daughters of Lord Arran where expecting. That would certainly require the death penalty for the miscreants. By both dragon and eagle law.”

“I think they also attacked the Queen of the Eagle owls mistress and a few others. The mistress did not take kindly to her father and companions being attacked.”

“So I do have a golden sister.”

“I think mistress it would be better to say Golden sisters. I get a little confused but there is Alexis who is the top dog so to speak. Then there is Yellow, Alison Jade. Then there is Miss Astrid and her sisters. She may only be a baby but do not under estimate her. There are others but I do not know all their names. I do know Big Red is with Lord Draco and he passed control of the attack to her.”

“Chow Lynn you better do as ordered. I presume Big Red is my Aunt & Draco’s Sister.”

“All I know is she is a close companion of the Empress. The thrush told us of your cries. I came to free Chow Lynn. The others are angry that you are prisoners here.”

“Mummy look out one of the guards.”

Purple let out a roar and the guard was fried instantly. “Apparently little one you spoke the truth my power is flowing back rather fast.” The two young children ran to purple and sat in front of purple.

Chow Lynn, “Everybody stay close together as we are.

More guards came in and the children took them out. “Look mummy what we did.”

“Yes my dears we have to hold them off until my sisters arrive.” Falcon took to the air again and once again blinded another guard who was dispatched by one of the women. Eventually no more guards came in.

The next visitor was Big Red. “Hi I am looking for my sister and friends. It looks likes you have had a bit of a battle in here.”

A little voice pipes up, “Are you big Red? We had to sort them out. “Our tiny fighting friend helped. She freed Chow Lynn who then freed the rest of us. The falcon, she had Chow Lynn place her on mum. Mum soon found her power was returning. As the guard discovered to their cost. We found we could help and sorted that bad man out.”

Big Red, “I will have to take you all with me. Once we get home we can sort out who is who.” Red noticed a boy trembling among the women. “Who might you be? He is with us said a group of girls. They mistook him for a girl and abducted him when they took us.”

“Ah you have your own protection I see.”

“Please do not harm them. I saw what happened to that one.”

Red said, “Come here? I see there is blood on you.”

“He was going to hurt me and the falcon blinded him and my sisters took his own weapons and finished him off. I just froze but the falcon stayed with me and I felt stronger and I had to help my sisters and did the same as them. I felt like had fire in my tummy.”

“I think you young man better stay with me.”

“I cannot leave my sisters.” “I made a promise I would stay with them. I will stay with you because we have nowhere to go.”

“I trust you because you have a mark like our friend. She was hurt bad but she fought like a demon to protect us before you came that is why she got so injured. “When the little one was placed on her she sort of exploded and that bad man was on fire.”

“I need to see our friend and protector are ok and I am not leaving until I am sure she is ok.”

“Yes I am ok but I am a little weak. Can you help me outside? Oh you’re all ladies.”

“This is my friend and she is hurt, help her please.”

“I feel strange.” Purple awoke to find she was in a bed in a ward along with most of the captives.

Yellow appeared, “Oh good you are finally awake. How do you feel?”

“Actually I feel better than I have done so for a long time. You look different yourself. In fact you have more of a golden halo than a yellow one.”

“Look at yourself through the mirror and tell me what you see?”

“My halo is also changing it looks more like yours used to do.”

“Correct sister.”

“The child is he ok?”

“He has been asking about you and then he started chatting to our sisters. He has told us some interesting information. His sisters where less forthcoming and would not say where they came from. He though got quite excited when Alexis appeared and he ran to her and kissed her as if she was a long lost relative.”

“I just knew you were not dead mum. They told us you where all dead. the girls when they saw Alexis did the same thing .We looked after him & he even found some courage from somewhere to help us.”
“Mum you survive as well?”

Alexis, “We need to do tests on you all before you are released from the hospital. I need you all to go back to bed and I will be round to see you all individually.”

Alexis talked to the young boy for ages, “Can you help me I have a little girl here who needs some attention.”

Astrid came in to the room as Alexis left. “Hello I am Astrid.

The boy giggled, “Now I am certain you are my big sister. You used to do that to cheer me up when I was depressed. You made me think you were a little girl like you used to do. I missed you sister I did. The falcon gave me all the strength I needed. The bad man he was going to hurt my sisters and I could not allow that could I.”

“No you did the right thing protecting your sisters. Would you like to play with me I have plenty of dolls? My favourite was Lilibet? Come let’s see if we can find her.” Before long Sebastian & Astrid fell asleep playing together.

Alexis called Endora, “Have I anymore sisters you put in different places around the world. All these children think I am their sister. They recognised me and Astrid. I bet if I take my mother in they will recognise her as well.”

Alexis no I have not placed any more around the planet. I have a hunch what has happened. Your mother was supposed to be one of three. Three where born and then a baby was found dead and interred. I think these are your cousins and if they are then we also need to find the mother. There also must be a girl who looks like you.”

For a while Alexis would only allow Yellow, Astrid or herself to visit the children. Eventually she said, “It is time they were brought into the fold.”

Yellow, “Can my Purple sister bring them in?”

Purple spoke to the children “We are going into a big room and my sisters will be in there you will all have to bow or curtsey.”

“We all know how to do that? Evan Sebastian can do that.”

“Remember even if you think you know somebody you must stay with me.”
Purple approached Alexis & started to smile. “Empress I the Purple dragon queen would like to present my daughters the Princess Lilac & Princess Rouge. I would also like to present the children of my aunt, starting with the eldest Princess Rosalie, Princess Petunia, Princess Cordelia, Princess Harriet, Princess Juliet & Prince Sebastian.”

Sebastian’s mouth was opening and shutting like a goldfish and Astrid took hold of him and kissed him. “Sorry I for a minute thought I saw lots of you.”

“You did.”

“Alexis is one of my mums and my big sister.”

Sebastian started to cry. “Alexis is not my big sister is she? She looks so much like her.”

Alexis “Well mum what should I do with them?”

Sebastian looked up, “You are playing tricks on me again. You found mummy.”

“Alexis it looks like I have a new family until we find the others.”

Draco, “Young man would you like me as your dad?”

He looked at Alexis’s father, “You where one of those who rescued us like dads does.”

Alexis, “Please take your seats again. Most of the others rescued have returned to their families. Chow Lynn cannot though. Chow Lynn I had several requests for your services. For years you have attended to my feathered friends. Falcon was instrumental in bringing your plight to my notice. In the course of rescuing you it was discovered members of my family had also been abducted. Once free you freed my sisters and fought alongside them. Falcon tells me you make a good team. I also have your praises from my sisters & Sebastian. Chow Lynn at least two of my feathered friends asked to be here.”
Sebastian ran to Chow Lynn and kissed her, “Now you have to stay I kissed you.”

Chow Lynn giggled,” I take it all of you wish me to stay.”

Alexis, “Actually going is not an option. Sebastian kissing you will have no effect. You kissed my sisters many times and that has an effect.”

Chow Lynn, “I tried to follow the teachings of Lord Buddha and help the helpless.”

Endora, “Chow Lynn you seek enlightenment. What were your teaching concerning Dragons?”

“They are the true rulers and sometimes walk the earth as humans. They brought us many things as parents do with their children. Occasionally they would take one of us deserving mortals and make them a dragon also. I saw a flight of dragons once. Shortly after the great mountain spewed forth its contents. Locals said, Ah the sleeping Queen has awakened and now will seek her brood out. Some of the warlords in the provinces decided they would not wait for the fire queen to make her appearance. They have placed a bounty on any who might be the kin of the sleeping Queen.”

Endora, “They must not go unpunished.”

Alexis, “They will not, but I need information fast.”

Morning star, “That is our task we will have the information shortly.” A short while later a great screen dropped down and Morning star gave a report, “I now have the initial results. It appears some captives are being mistreated while others are well cared for.”

Alexis, Can the Hobbits and Fay builders complete a new tunnel for us. I do not want flights of dragons been seen or that might warn those we seek.”

“Sister I guessed your reaction and as we speak all dwarfs, Hobbits & Fay are currently working side by side to complete the tunnel for tomorrow.”

“First I will pay a visit to the friendly war lord.” Alexis along with her immediate family all vanished from the room.”

Endora, “Apparently I am in charge. Dragons you must get some rest.” Endora looked at the pixies and elves that were not helping.

“Please we want to help but none of us are any good in the dark unlike our brethren. We are all willing to fight for the mistress.”

Lysandra & Lysandra came, “Sorry Endora they all want to help.”

Chow Lynn, “The Empress only stated she did not want dragons in the sky.
She made no mention of The Eagle squadron or elves and pixies. Take all of the Eagle squadron and be prepared for us in the morning.”

Falcon, our ranks have increased greatly.”

Endora, “The great Bald eagles & Vultures along with others have joined us. We are the heavy duty bombers. We can carry far heavier loads than the others. To save the energy of the smaller birds we will carry you. Eagle Lord are you ready to once again lead your people.”

Arran,” Along with my smallest friend we will go there is no rush so long as we are near to Alexis in the morning.” With that Arran and his group departed.
In China there was a meeting of the warlords. “It is pure folly to do what you all have done. You might as well all dig your own graves now.” If the fire dragon has returned then you will surely be cooked when she discovers what you have done.”

“Ying Yang we do not need your words of caution. The fire dragon will not attack us when she realises we are holding her children hostage. Ying Yang go we do not need you here we are strong & none can defeat us.”

Ying yang left he said to his second in command. “They are signing their death warrants. Come no doubt they will also attack me.”

At home one of Ying Yang’s concubines. “Sir you have guests. I would not keep them waiting if I was you.”

“Tell my soldiers we can expect an invasion any time.”

“Sir it is already too late we have been invaded.”

“Good evening Ying Yang I see the voice of reason did not work & I suppose they are going to attack you now.”

Ying Yang spun round. “You look surprised.”

“I was half expecting the fire dragon.”

Alexis, “She along with the remainder of her brood will be here soon. You though have me to contend with. Look to the skies what do you see?”

“Birds lots of them all flying in this direction.”

Ying Yang took his sword and laid it at the feet of Alexis. “Take your sword for you will soon need it to defend yourself.”

“Chow Lynn you are safe? I thought one of the others had you.”

“He did but he did not count on a rescue party from the Golden dragon.”

“I take it if you are here that is no Myth. Chow Lynn he will warn the others you have escaped and they will be looking for you.”

“First Yang Tong will not be warning anybody. He might have to atone for his crimes. Neither will any that work with him. Watch the television broadcast.”

“A real mystery has occurred out in the desert. The remains of a caravan were found. All but one tent had been burnt to the ground. The remains of many men were found. It looks like the Caravan has been attacked for its cargo. No tracks though where found to say in which direction the attackers went.”

Chow Lynn. “The same would happen to the others Ying Yang.”

A short while later the telephone rang. “Ying Yang I am sending over to you the hostages my brother and I have. We are going to the Lassa Temple and pray the gods forgive us we saw the news. None of them can prevail against her.”

“Ying Yang spoke do not go to the temple come here and you will be safe.”

Alexis, “At least three of you will survive this night.”

A short time later the two appeared. “We managed to buy some from the other brothers but they are in a bad way Ying Yang they need help. I do not want to become fodder for the fire Dragon.”

Alexis, “My friends she already knows you sold all you had to buy some of her sisters and how you treated them.”

Ying Yang, “This is a friend of Chow Lynn.”

One of the men, “Ying Yang no wonder you where not afraid. I though am terrified.” He knelt in front of Alexis, “I failed my calling and I did not look after those I was supposed to.”

Ying Yang, “What are you doing? We were afraid of the retribution of the Fire Queen. That is nothing compared to what can happen when the wrath of the Golden Queen is aroused. I am supposed to belong to the Golden Clan and what did I do. No my friend you are in danger if we stay here. We must go & hope the Golden Queen has not seen us here. Take care of the injured Chow Lynn & pray that she spares us.”

Alexis, “Stay tonight and in the morning if you still feel like it then you can go to Lassa.” The two men were shown to a room and soon fell asleep.

Chow Lynn looked at the people who had been brought in. “Alexis, Most of these are not the children of the Fire dragon.”

The two brothers tried the door of their room and found it locked. “It appears Ying Yang has decided we would be safer here. Come brother we must pray that we are spared.”

Astrid entered the room, “I brought you some food. You are lucky Chow Lynn likes you. Yang Tong she did not. Yang Tong had somehow managed to
capture a Dragon Queen. He was to discover to his cost what happens when you do that.”

“You know a lot for one so young.”

“Show me your wrists. Our branding has almost faded. That mark was done by men. This is the true mark of a Dragon Queen. You will stay here and if you value your lives. If I was you I would pray all night. I will be back in the morning and perhaps you if you are lucky will get the true mark.”

One of the men, “Look out here I am in no doubt our fate if we leave. It is a flight of killer bird’s lots of them.”

Falcon flew into the room, “Are you two going to provide my brethren with a little sport.”

“We are sorry but we have decided to decline your offer we are staying here for the night.”

“Just so you know we will be waiting outside if you change your mind.”

“The door is open we could leave. We could but we would not get far. “We could find the temple and pray.”

“The child advised us to pray.”

“You fool that was no child or at least a normal child. What do you remember of our teachings?”

“We were both marked as Slaves of the Gold Dragon. Yes but that was only a title.”

“The child has a branding that is clear. Whoever did that did a good job of her branding. No we will go to the temple and pray. They noticed the birds seemed to follow them.”

They soon found the temple and Prayed, “Lord Buddha we have made a great mistake.”

They both heard a voice in their head. “Perhaps you would be better to pray to the Queen of the Heavens.” They looked at each other.

“That sounded like the child.”

“I told you she was no mortal child. Perhaps it is better if we do as she told us.” As it was they both fell asleep while praying. In the morning they both awoke in the temple.

“We fell asleep in the temple if nothing else we will have offended the gods. She is back in my head again.”

“Did you get the girls voice saying breakfast was ready?”

The falcon flew in, “You two are slow on the uptake. When mistress calls you obey snappish. Unless of course you still wish to take your chance with my brothers.”

“No falcon we will come. Falcon can you be honest with us. The little Girl is she your leader? Is she the Fire Queen the most terrible of all dragons?”

“The little mistress is amused you think that might be her.”

“Your brothers will soon meet not only the fire Queen but also all her children. They also will get to meet wrath of the Queen of queens. No you did what you have to. By staying here you already have shown your colours. Two more of your brothers have fled. Their captives have been brought in. The mistress is attending to their wounds now.” They followed the falcon to a large room.

“Ha our guests did you have a good rest.”

“We went to the temple to pray and unfortunately we both fell asleep.”

“Come eat with us.”

One of the women spoke “Chow Lynn if it was not for these buying us from the others we would have been dead. They tried to be kind to us. Chow Lynn pleads their case with the Lady. Please Chow Lynn they could never have harmed us they are marked as Golden slaves and so are not men.”

Chow Lynn, “Come eat with us unless you two would prefer to go with the falcon.”

“Chow Lynn we do not wish to defy you, but we may only eat food with those who bear the Golden Dragon. We can eat with the child if that is ok.”

Astrid, “Come eat with me and my sisters.”

“Please I have to know. You spoke into my head.”

“I can do far more than that if you wish to test me.”

“Err no I do not wish to test you.”

“You are shaking and are scared.”

“I should not be scared but I am because we both know you are not children.”
Astrid, “Will you be our friend?

“We have listened to you so far. Yes we will accept your friendship.”

Astrid smiled and brought out a ceremonial knife and said, “You must become my friend in the traditional way.” Astrid pricked her thumb and the others followed her lead. Then they pushed them together and said, “Friends forever.”

Jade spoke “Astrid we have a problem with your new friends. They have tried to copy the Empresses mark & we all know what means if she finds them.”
They were ready for bolting but noticed the falcon close by. “Just do as the little mistress suggests and you will both be safe.”

Jade returned with a big jug of milk. “Have some of this while we try to think of a way to help you.” The both of them had a glass and it was refilled until the jug was empty. “You two must have been thirsty.” “Most of us only need a glass of Dragons milk before we are full.”

Astrid, “You two have solved one problem for us she will not swish you now. More likely to take you to her nest and have you suckle direct from her.”

They noticed a young woman walking towards them. “Did you all enjoy your breakfast girls?”

“Sorry mum but our friends where thirsty so we let them have it all.”

Alexis looked at the two of them. “Give me your hands.”

“You like my milk.”

“Yes we could drink it forever said one of the men.”

“In that case so you shall. Astrid by the look of these two they need the toilet.
Shower them and dress them appropriately and then bring them back to finish your meal.”

Both men rubbed their wrists and one said, “We got away with it she did not swish us.”

Astrid, “One glass gives us plenty of energy. The amount you took though causes rapid weight loss.” The two of them only just made it to the toilet when they started. Their weight just dropped straight off. By the time they had finished they had also lost height.

“Astrid our cloths no longer fit."

"Silly mum said I had to put you in appropriate clothing. Now both of you go in the shower and then I will help dress you.”

They looked at each other, “We almost look like little girls now.” As they showered they’re remaining body hair came off and went down the plug hole.”

Jade came in. “Come on you two I am hungry and we cannot start without you. That is better wait a minute your hair needs attention. No alternative I will have to do it the quick way. That is better now nobody will ever know who you once were.”

Chow Lynn who was sat with Alexis, “Is that the same two.”

Alexis spoke, “Cleo and Amanda come here please.” “You are lucky my daughters have decided to have you as sisters.” “Chow Lynn was pleading your case with me. In the event you took the law into your own hands. You performed a bonding ceremony with my daughters and them drunk my milk.

Chow Lynn do these two have any property left?”

One of the others spoke mistress they sold all they had to buy us although we were not in good shape. The other war lords laughed at them and said they were wasting their money.”

Arran entered, “My birds let it be known of the exit of these two and the death of the slavers. The remaining War Lord are all holed up together in the castle of Tang Chong.

The two new girls cracked out laughing, “They have all moved into our former home. They do not know it like us. We have lots of secret passages and tunnels built into it. Knowing them they will have all the upper floors well guarded and the remaining slaves will be in the Dungeons and that will be locked.”

Alexis. So if we get into the dungeons we can rescue most of the others before we attack.” “

If we can get into the dungeon we can get you anywhere inside the castle.”
Alexis handed them a glass of milk, “Drink you need the energy.”

Saskia said, “The tunnel is complete and we can get into the dungeons.”

Alexis. “Arran can you keep the men occupied by dropping rock on them.”

The Bald eagles and vultures, “We can do that.”

“Aim for the outer walls if you can.” Boulders rock and stones rained down on those in the castle. Before long the outer wall was breached but no other attack came. The solders started repairing the breach and as they did so another lot of stones came pounding the castle.

One or two of the men decided they had had enough and made a run for it. As they did so great birds swooped from the skies and tore them limb from limb. “Sir who ever our attackers are they have massive birds of prey and they are taking out anybody who flees.”

“You are to put arrows into anybody who runs away.”

“Yes sir.”

“Are the prisoners safe?”

“Most are in the dungeon but we put some in the tall tower as there was not enough space left.”

Robin heard this bit of news and went to tell Alexis. “Thank you loyal Robin. We have all those in the dungeon out now.”

Astrid, “Right sisters can we get to the tall tower.” “Yes but we might need weapons.” “

Endora, “Not with me present.” They got to the main hall and came out of the passage.

“It is up these stairs.” Endora and the Purple Queen opened the door. They heard footsteps behind them and voices.

“He says we have to kill them if it looks like we are going to lose. He wants nobody to know what we have up here. He is a fool if I could find a way out I would. Look there is a passage here. If the dragon queen were here I would rather face her wrath than die here”.

Endora, “That is a sensible suggestion. In that case you will not mind freeing my Granddaughter.”

Both men, “The fire Queen.”

They went across to Endora, “Exchange clothing with the girls.”

One of the men, “Stop please there is something else in this room you may need.”

Endora smiled, “Astrid take hold of it.”

“No only the great queen can hold it. It will summon the fires of the earth.”

“In that case as there are no more hostages we better take the window route.” One by one they jumped out of the window and flew to the nearby cliffs.

Astrid took hold of the gem, “Grandma go. Our work is done.”

Endora picked up the two men, “You had better come with me.”

“No you do not understand the stone will destroy this place.”

Astrid, “I like Grandma can summon up many times the power of this little stone. Your friends have all minutes to live their current lives.”

The birds had all stopped the attack. The men watched as dragons left the tower. “Quickly to the tower they are escaping.”

Some of the men made for the tower but the remainder said, “We did not sign on to fight dragons.” A Large contingent climbed over the ruins and laid their arms down. They put a white banner on a lance and started to walk away.”

Alexis, “That group is surrendering. Arran take them captive but do not harm them” As she was speaking there was a rumbling and the earth shook.
“Everybody away fast.” The men started to run and almost ran into Draco.

“Please help us get away even the sleeping gods are angry.”

Draco, “Very well but you will be my servants for the remainder of your lives.”

“We would rather be a live dragon servant than a dead warrior sir.”
As he spoke the tower erupted in flames. “If she was not awake before she will be now. Please before the dragon Queen turns us to cinders.”

Draco, “Very well I will help you, but if you change your mind you will make a tasty snack.”

Astrid was in a playful mood, “Hi Grandpa I see you have brought me a snack or two. I just love to hear their bones go crunch.” By now the air was acrid with sulphur and the unmistakable stench of burnt human flesh.

“Look Grandpa I got a stone to play with. Look what I can do with it.” She pointed the stone at one of the remaining buildings and it exploded in smoke and flames. Astrid continued to point the stone at every wall and building in the complex until none where left standing.

“I think that had better be handed to your mother Astrid.”

“Yes I suppose I had better as we do not want it getting in the wrong hands do we. Well I better tidy up the site we cannot leave it like this.” The men watched as the very ground appeared to melt and nothing was left of the fortress. Then there was rain and the ground sizzled but plants started to grow.

One of the men, “It would appear we have angered the wrong gods. I only know of Shiva who can take life and create new life where there once was death.” Within a short time you could not tell a castle had once existed there.
Chow Lynn walked over to where the castle once stood. She felt the ground and then the plants. Draco marched those who had surrendered over to Chow Lynn.

Endora. “I also have two here. Oh Dear a slight mishap has occurred. I put them both in my pouch.”

Astrid giggled, “Grandma have they done what we might do if we were put in your pouch?”

“I think they perhaps have over done it look at them now.” Even the two with Astrid burst out laughing and asked,

“Are they babies for good?”

Endora, “Well I was not planning on bringing up more daughters but now I must.”

Alexis looked at those who had been rescued from the tower. “There is no doubt who you two are. I have some new sisters who think I am their big sister.”

Alexi’s mother looked at the older woman and hugged her.

“I take it you know what you are.”

“We did not until we were captured. The Tug went crazy when they discovered us and kept asking where the Empress was. We had no idea what they were talking about.”

Alexis, “It is a good job he had never seen me or he would have thought he hit the jackpot.”

“Can you explain why we where shackled with silver.”

“They sought to negate your powers.”

“Neither of us has powers.”

“That is where you both are wrong. Grandma Galadriel demonstrate please.”

“She has grown wings like an angel.”

“Grandma Endora, Please show these your other self.” When they saw what was happening the prisoners started to shake and several lost control of their functions. Now to myself you see me as Alexis, in a second I will be Queen of the skies, and then Queen of the seas and finally the Golden Empress.” More of the prisoners lost control.

Chow Lynn knelt in front of Alexis, “I did not realise I was in such esteemed company.”

Alexis, “Chow Lynn for ages you have been attending to my people. Even when freed from captivity you went to help save my sisters. You gave scant regard to your own safety. My new sisters wish to keep you as a companion. There will still be plenty of creatures for you to help. Your first job will be to find suitable placements for all these babies we seem to have recovered.”

Chow Lynn clapped her hands, “Most of you are now free and this area needs colonising. We need to find mothers for all these children we seem to have recovered.”

The women laughed, “I always wanted a daughter and now I am receiving one as a gift from the gods.” Before long all the babies where gone including the two who had been in Endora’s pouch.

“I suppose I am next Empress?”

“Only when Chow Lynn fully receives her powers until then you are to be her partner. Be warned though when you finally change you both will have to come and live with me. Now to deal the remaining prisoners.”

Alexis. “There are no more. You did not honestly believe I would allow them all to die so quickly. No I personally rescued them and they are here. They are about to learn about my justice. You sought to enslave me for your own purposes.”

One man punched another. “Ah I see some of you recognise me or should I say recognise my sister. Lucky for you she had not come into her powers. Now she has and seeks retribution for your sins. I am all that is holding her back.

Leader of the Tug you were going to kill my sister, but she had already flown the nest.”

Draco turned into the dragon he was, “I could do with a tasty snack or two”.

“No Lord Tug you shall not get off so lightly. My sister does not seek your immediate death. Remember though that is an option if you do not come up to scratch.”

Alexis’s sister appeared with a whip and snapped it near the Tung leader. “Strip completely including any items of value.” The whip cracked again. This time the men did as where told. “Get on your hands and knees and eat the grass.” As they did so their bodies changed to that of milk cows.

“Chow Lynn these need branding with my mark. They are to provide all the milk for you and the villagers. If any of their production starts to fall below 20 litres a day you are to mate them. They will be allowed five mating. I will revise their sentence in five years time. Aunt would you be so kind as to brand them each twice on their rump. Oh dear I forgot to mention you will need milking nearly straight away or the pain will be unbearable.”

Within seconds the cows where balling away. Alexis spoke to the women. “You all have a cow apiece and a baby. Chow Lynn will provide a bull to service the cows. Eventually they will no longer need a bull and will conceive and deliver every nine months.” The cattle where too interested in eating the grass to take notice what was said. “Chow Lynn I have saved this one especially for you.” Endora brought across the branding iron and proceeded to brand all the cattle. Snow breathed on the branding irons and the cattle did not flinch.

Snow, “Ice branding is so much kinder and the skins are worth more when they are no longer useful.” This proclamation the Tung did hear.

Endora prodded one of the Tung. “Not enough meat on this one yet for my liking.”

Alexis, “They are going to be good cows and proved us with plenty of calves and milk. Chow Lynn I have created a dairy for you so they can be processed easily. Perhaps you would take the Tung across and start the machines going.”

“Your people will never go short of food I will provide all that is needed. A word of warning though male or female never lay down in that field with no clothes on or you will become as the Tung are now.”

up
57 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos