David and the parasitic wasp

Printer-friendly version

David & the Parasitic Wasp.
By Sharp
David & Margaret had been married for a long time. They had tried in the conventional way to have a family and when that failed they had been down the IVF road. Initially using the NHS & then paying for treatment. However a child was not meant to be. The two of them were both keen gardeners. They had won many medals for their flowers and vegetables. David had just spent the morning removing caterpillars of the cabbage white butterfly from his Nasturtiums. He put them all carefully in a glass jar and then went for a walk taking the jar with him. His dog Sheba loved the wild wood.

Sheba got excited when David took her to the wild wood. There she could run free. Occasionally she spooked a Roe Deer or some other form of life. Once or twice she found an injured animal & barked until David came to see what the problem was. David would take the injured animal home and tend to it. Once they found a baby Sika deer with a broken leg. Sheba claimed it as her baby. The deer now goes on the walk with them. She was returned to the wild but she still turns up at David’s house.

Although David is a gardener he did not believe in killing the pests in his garden. He encouraged ladybirds to deal with the aphids. David also knew there was wild flowers the caterpillars could chomp on in the wild wood so he relocated them there. He emptied the jar of its contents. It was like watching an army of green caterpillars advancing across the woodland. Some of them got to safety while others became food for the birds of the Woods. The forest birds had learned long since to watch out for David as his appearance meant an easy meal for them. Sometimes it would be Slugs or Snails other times Caterpillars. They welcomed the food David brought them. David was that intent watching the birds swoops on the caterpillars he did not feel the parasitic wasp make a mistake and inject him with her precious cargo instead of one of the Cabbage White Caterpillars she had been intending to use as a surrogate mother.

Changes started taking place in David almost immeadiatly. Though they were diffrent from what would have happend to the catterpillar had the wasp not made a mistake. David got home and headed for the toilet. He thought he was never going to stop. The stench in the bathroom was horrendous. Eventually he stopped. Now he felt very faint. The next thing he remembered was waking up on the high dependancy unit at the local hospital. Margaret his wife was sat by David’s bed. “How did I get here? What is wrong with me?”

“David you collapsed in the bathroom and the stench was horrendous. I heard you fall to the floor and came to see what was wrong. I called the Ambulance as you had knocked your head on the toilet. You were out for quite a while.”

David looked all the wires and tubes coming out of himself. “David they have been keeping you alive. You had to have infusions of fluid. The doctor ordered blood tests done on you. Guess what they discovered ? Well for some reason your body has started to destroy your Y chromasone and replace it with an X. The Hospital has been documenting your transformation. You slept through it all like Rip Van Winkle.” Davids hand moves down to his groin. He screams and passes out. Margaret pressed the emergancy buzzer at the side of the bed. A nurse comes running to the bedside and goes and gets Dr Patel the Doctor who has been looking after David.

As Dr Patel arrived at David’s bedside as he was coming round again. “Margaret its all gone.”

“Yes David I know you are more Davina than David now.”

Dr Patel, “David we discovered what was causing your changes a little too late.” Dr Patel held a petri dish up with 20 grubs in it. “These are the pupa of the parasitic wasp. Normally they inplant their babies in the caterpillar of the cabbage white butterfly. Instead for a reason unknown to us you were chosen as surrogate mother. We discovered they carry a virus that destroys the Y chromosone of humans. We have decided to name this virus David’s Virus after you. There is something else you should know. You know last year you had an operation on your prostate and that since then any sperm you have released has gone into your bladder before coming out in your urine. Well while you were asleep some of your sperm managed to fertilize the egg you recently produced. So congratulations you are pregnant. Now what do you want to do over the baby?

David looked at Margaret. “Dr I am very religious and as this has happened it must have been God’s will. My wife and I have never been able to have children so this while a shock to me comes as a blessing.”

Dr Patel, “David what has happened to you will actually benefit society. Our research divison is already producing large quantitys of the virus. They intend to test it on voulenteers shortly.”

Margaret, “What use can the virus be when it has turned my husband to being female?”

Dr Patel, “Well it would be certainly usefull to the transgendered community in that all the males would become fully functioning females. However it will have to be also tested on the Lesbians to see if it can help them. If the tests go well then you and this hospital will share the royalties of this new treatment. As we now know what to look for we are starting testing next week.”

“Dr I feel all sticky is it possable for me to take a shower or a bath?”

“Sure although a nurse and your wife will have to be there to ensuse you do not collapse as you are still rather weak from your long rest.”

In the bathroom David took off the hospital night gown. It was the first time he had fully inspected his new body. Davids hands cupped his new breasts and gave each ones a squeeze around the nipple area. “Oh that was like an electric shock that shot down to my groin.”

The nurse and Margaret were both giggling like school girls. “Is it like that for you two or is it because of my transformation they are more sensitive.”

The nurse, “You may find a bath is more relaxing. I doubt you could cope with a shower in your current shape. First though I need to measure you to see what size you currently are.”

David, “Well none of my clothes will fit me. I certainly do not have a 48inch waist I had before. My breasts look massive to me and yet I will be slimmer than I was. I notice all my body hair has vanished & my face feels soft.”

Margaret, “Your bald head is no more. In fact you have quite a head of blond hair.”

The nurse dissapeared leaving David & Margaret chatting. David looked worried. “Margaret what are we going to do about sex as I can no longer give you what you want.”

“David your sacrifice is well worth the loss of that item. You will soon be a mother I wish I could have been. We now will have a child of our own. The doctors have informed me they can give me something to help me lactate if or when the need arrises.”

David started to laugh. “Margaret by any chance have you already decorated the bedroom that will become the nursery?”

Margaret looked across at the nurse who had just returned with a pile of clothing. “Margaret has just been telling us she got Painter & Potts to redecorate the house for your return. Has she informed you that you will give birth to girls. Something about the virus will only permit females. Now hurry up you have lots of friends wishing to see you.”

“Friends? Nobody will recognise me looking like this.”

Nurse, “Well there I beg to differ. I doubt there is not a person in Britain or in the English speaking world that does not know what has happened to you. In fact some of your friends also voulenteered to be guinea pigs for the virus.”

“Oh,”

Margaret, “Your friend Maddy was the first here, She has been chatting to me when I went for a meal in the hospital Canteen.”

David finished off his bath and got dried. “Oh I am going to have to be more careful in future as I got more of those electric shocks.” David struggled to put the bra on and then slipped into the Nurses dress that had been brought for him to try.

up
193 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

interesting

rushing of to the woods at this moment, smeared with jam to attract a parasitic wasp, hopefully!!!

Oh yes,

There will be volunteers galore.

Interesting

Yep, guessing there would be a lot of volunteers to test the virus.

I hesitate to say this, but the self pregnancy had a bit of an ick factor for me. The risk of birth defects due to the lack of genetic diversity would probably be rather high.

-- Sleethr

I enjoyed it...but...

I enjoyed the story,( although I wish it was longer ) but I do have a small "problem".

" on the Lesbians to see if it can help them " assumes two things , one that Lesbians need to be fixed or cured, and two, any of them would want this "fix".

Is that what you really meant?

Art imitates life

There was a real-world case where a male chose to transition to female as the result of a bee sting.

He Should Have Listened To Radio 5

Rub 1p or 2p coins between your palms, then place the coins on your picnic table. The natural oils in your skin react with the chemicals coating the coins to produce an aroma the wasps find repulsive.

Or take a paper bag and stick it in the ground upside down. The wasps will think it's a rival nest and avoid it.

Ban nothing. Question everything.

Interesting

Jamie Lee's picture

One disorientated wasp changes the world. To bad it couldn't share in the royalties.

An interesting story.

Others have feelings too.

Interesting turn of events

Interesting turn of events for him just by taking a jar of caterpillars out to the woods and releasing them. Guess it was her reward for being so kind to Mother Nature. Where does the line begin and end for getting this virus? :)

Oh What A Lovely Idea !

I wish it would happen so, as I am sure lots if us here do ! Beautiful notion, well put into a story. Nice work, and thank you dear Sharphawlad !

Briar