Alex & Chris Chapter 9

Printer-friendly version

The manager said, “Did I here you correctly? That is certainly not lady Middleham or her daughter Angela.” Alex & Chris Chapter 9 The correct Lady.
by Sharphawlad

He dialled a telephone number and a voice said, “Lady Middleham speaking,”

“Oh it is Clive the manager from the Royal in Scarborough. We have two customers who appear to be using a Stud charge card. An older lady & a girl about 24.”

“Yes that sounds like them. Well in that case they are entitled to use the card as it is my oldest sister the Lady Christobell of Northumbria and my niece Lady Tilly.”

“Now thank you very much Clive for double checking. My niece told us she might be staying overnight.”

“Madame their driver told the office staff they would like to depart by eight.”

“Now you young man I suggest you personally take a bottle of your best champagne to the room and introduce yourself. Do you know if she got the trinkets she wanted?”

“I am not sure madam but they could be what are in the safe.”

Angela, “Mum who was that?”

“Oh Pompous Clive checking to see if Tilly had authority to use a stud card.”

Angela, “They are going to love being called Lady Christobell & the Lady Tilly.

Clive knocked at the door of the room, “It is the manager Clive with some complimentary Champagne for you.”

Tilly looked at the label and said, “Yes that is quite acceptable. Can you send the wine list so we have plenty of time to choose the wines? Our driver will be driving so she will take her meal with us. But she will have soft drinks until we return & then we may feel like a snack.”

“Yes certainly Lady Tilly I can arrange for a snack for your group. Oh Lady Christobell your sister my friend Lady Middleham sends her complements.”

Christobell said, “Thank you so much for this small consideration I will mention your attentiveness to my Sisters.”

“Lady Christobell you have more than one sister?” “Oh yes but one is dead and the other Is Lady Clara. My sister’s names are similar because they are twins.”

“I have been meaning to bring my children to a place somewhere near where you live.”

Tilly said, “Hidden corner.”

“Yes that is it.”

Tilly, “They take internet bookings & you can pay before you get there. You are given a timed entry but you can stay as long as you want. If you have children I would suggest a complete change of clothing as accidents can happen.”

“Thank you Lady Tilly for your help I will tell my wife and see if she still wants to go.”

Tilly, “There is a nice Picnic area. You would be best though to get there early.”

He departed the room & Tilly & Christobell burst into laughter. “I think tonight I will have to put my wine knowledge to good use.” There was another knock at the door;

“You may enter,” said Christobell. Christobell's friend entered. “I presume you are my secretary as well as my driver.”

“Sorry Christobell but when I saw the card it was too good a chance to miss. I also noticed Miss Tilly's instructions to book in at the Royal. Sorry Tilly for using your card.”

Tilly said, “You have missed the Champagne & you will get soft drinks at the meal as you are our driver, but we will allow you a drink when we return.”

“Madam I have to drive you and Lady Tilly home tomorrow.”

Tilly said, “OK but just for tomorrow.”

“I asked my manager & sister to follow in the van to take me home.”

Christobell her friend said, “Actually we planned to fill the van with your remaining belongings while you are at the show & then we can help you unload the van.

Tilly spoke into the telephone and said, “Oh Hello this is Lady Tilly & Lady Christobell just to say two friends will be accompanying us so will you inform cook Terri.”

It was Alex who has answered the Telephone. For a moment it puzzled him and then he said, “You have reached the residence of Alex Lord Middleham. Ah yes Lady Tilly well I have a message from my daughters for you. Your little sisters are eagerly awaiting your arrival with Lady Christobell their grandmother. They unlike some adults I know have been perfect young Ladies as their big sister should know how to behave. Now please put my Aunt on.”

Tilly, “Aunt Christobell Alex wants to speak to you.”

She took the Phone and said, “Hello this is Aunt Christobell.”

“No pretension with you is there.”

“Oh that was the manager having pretension of grander when he saw the charge card. He even had the gall to say he was a personal friend of my sister.”

Alex, “Aunt I have asked your daughters to move in with us here & they have accepted. Mainly because I want to get to know my cousins or at least the mothers of my daughters. I would also like you to give consideration to moving in with us.”

“Love I have had that decision made for me an old and dear friend who is pretending to be our driver. She has arranged for the house to be emptied tonight so we are staying at the Royal after all.”

Alex said, “Before you return home I wonder though if you could do some shopping for me. I want three junior wet suits and footwear.”

“I presume you will know where to get them and please get the thickest available. Oh aunt in front of my daughters I am their big sister Alexis you will see why when you get here. Aunt tell your friends they are both welcome for lunch but I expect them to dress as ladies. Now I have three young ladies who wish to speak to you before they go to bed.”

Astrid spoke first, “Nana we are living in a palace & I got to ride Princess.”

The other two spoke together. “Nana our mummy's wet their knickers and so did our Grandmas. Astrid was the only one who did not get wet as our big sister Alexis saved her. Nana you will like it here there is a fairy grotto and we can have a pony each.”

“Everybody is nice to us. We want to show you everything. Big sister said, she will buy us our own brushes so we can learn how to look after our ponies. Nana do you think our big sisters will want to dance with us?”

Christobell, “Why not ask your big sisters now.”

“Night night from us.”

“Girls will you put your big sister back on? Hello Alexis they still want to continue dancing lessons & have I to call and get the brushes and what is needed.”

“Tilly knows what is needed but I would suggest the small brushes not the larger ones. See you tomorrow aunt. Your grand daughters are wanting me to take them to bed and will not go for their mums.”

Christobell said, “Tomorrow we have to go shopping first before we go home I have to buy 3 wet suits.”

Tilly giggled, “It might be a good idea to get one for yourself in fact mine is rather thin so I could do with a new one.”

“Also the three little ladies require a complete brush set for the horses. Alexis has suggested that small brushes might be better for the girls.” Now Tilly what is this about a wet suit?”

“Well as you know we have the stud & the race horse’s well they get taken through a pool and it gets rather wet and so we all wear wet suits.”

“I understand now & do my sisters wear them?”

“Lady Middleham has not so far she is about the same size as you & keeps saying when my sisters do it so will I. Alex mum is game for anything and has done it often.”

“Well in that case I am getting three large suits for myself and my sisters.”

Tilly, “It puzzled me why the old man bypassed Arthur in favour of Alex.”

Christobell, “Actually when he wrote the will I told him his son was dead & that he had been cremated before I even got to say good bye. That Arthur had bigamy married my sister & all the Dales knew about it. I let it stand and not rock the boat. I though also have my own charge card although I do not use it often. Want to compare I bet I am the only one to know how the coding works. Iafcm & then a series of numbers. Yours has additional information let me show you. 3afjm1aftm & then dates.

Tilly, “I have got it I think.” Miss Astrid could be either 1afcm2aflm1jf & date of birth or as Alex is the father it could be 4af1am1jf & date of birth.”

“Each card has information so we know who is spending what.”

Tilly, “I want to call at the office & check which of us is paying as it might have been your card & not mine.”

“As they were leaving Christobell said, “I understand you thought there may be a problem with the authorisation slip.”

The manager said, “No it appears OK.”

“No wonder the staff thought it was my sister the secretary has quoted my sisters number when mine should be used.”

“The manager said no your sisters number will do fine I am sure you can sort it out with her Madam.”

“Young man before you asked about Hidden Corner well I can promise you a good time if you ever get there. We now have a show to go to.”

up
64 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos