Alex & Chris Chapter 56

Printer-friendly version


Alex & Chris
A Gabyverse fanfiction
By Shaphawlad

Chapter 56 Home again.

“I will send father along as he has to present my sister and Grandma Endora is senior female so she will present you cousin Iolanthe.”

Jenny, “No her blood sisters should.”

Endora, “Actually I agree while I am the most senior I am not the mother or sisters & they should do the job. Others more suitable outrank me.”

As Iolanthe the Cat Queen looked around she noticed a female her age smiling at her. “Mum is that you? Or are you another sister I know nothing about?”

“Thank you Iolanthe for the complement. I am sorry I was unable to do anything about your banishment.”

“Mum you look so young.”

“We all have Empress Alexis to thank for that.”

Gaby and Maddy appeared, “Granny Peters we were told to come here and meet our aunt and cousins.” Astrid turned up with the three small girls.

Cleo went running across to Gaby and threw her arms around Gaby. “I felt you as soon as we entered the room. “I am Cleo the Cat Princess.”

“Hi I am Gaby & there are my sisters Maddy & Jules. Sometimes some people call us cousins”

“We can have one each.”

Maddy, “It looks like I will be sharing you with our little cousins.”

Cleo, “Are you part of Astrid's pride?”

Gaby. “I suppose we are. We live in a big house not far away and we practice Cycling.”

Cleo. “I am not sure what that is, but me and the twins like running.”

Gaby. “We have a track where we can time you to see who is the fastest in you all.”

Cleo. “I like the sound of that.”

Gaby. “We also have a swimming pool.”

Cleo. “Oh that might be a problem.”

Astrid. “If you get in water you become more catfish than cat.”

Cleo. “Yes I thought it only happened to us.”

Astrid. “We all wear special costumes during the day, but at night we do not need to.”

Iolanthe listened to this exchange, “There are Mer here as well as Fay sisters?”

Jenny, “Neptune and most of his daughters do reside here with Draco, Rombald & Galadriel.”

“Oh Alexis I did not realise you had been gathering every branch of Fay. Had I realised I would have brought the others to my palace.”

Alexis, “Do not worry Iolanthe we will return soon enough to collect the others.”

Iolanthe was presented without a hitch. She in turn presented her three daughters. “I never went with a man, but I still had three children. I am not sure who the father is, but all three girls have abilities I do not.”

Alexis, “I would like to see those abilities myself.”

“They have to be careful how much water they get into.”

The girls when they saw Astrid already in the pool jumped in. “Look cousin Astrid we grow tails so we must be catfish.”

Alexis, “Ariel & Lorelie show the girls what you have.”

“Mum we are not the only ones look they have fishy tails also”.

Iolanthe, “Yes I know full well these must be the daughters of Neptune.”

Poseidon came and kissed Alexis, “I see my daughters are playing with their Aunts.”

Alexis, “You are claiming to be the father.”

“I know full well I am I was trying to break the spell. Twice I mistook Iolanthe for the Sea witches daughter. You realise the children must meet father who will mark them as his grand children. The children have already meet Neptune many times over and have been planning Iolanthe initiation.”

Poseidon went on his knee, “Iolanthe I am already the father of your children will you join with my other companions and become my wife? Also Empress I have not been initiated so perhaps I could go around with all my partners. From what I here we have not got to be averse to water.”

Iolanthe, “Empress my sisters have advised me I should also greet you in the water as you are Empress of the Seas is this correct? Poseidon my children have never known you as their father, but it would be good to have additional help to look after them.”

Poseidon laughed, “Look around they are surrounded by cousins and aunts. You will have no difficulty in finding carers or baby sitters.”

As Neptune enters the room Poseidon says, “Father, I mean we were going to tell you that you have three more Granddaughters.”

“Ah Astrid's cousins I presume, they have been talking to me quite a bit. I have not yet claimed them yet although I can see the Empress already has. Poseidon look at the girls & who they play with they are already following Astrid.”

“Princess Astrid Father.”

“Do not ever let her hear you call her that. Astrid is not a Princess.”

Iolanthe, “Lord Neptune, Uncle or should it be father in law. “

“I get called many names, but the old man seems to be the most popular around here.”

Poseidon, “Father really.”

Iolanthe, “Lord Neptune I am Iolanthe the Cat Queen and I understand you have read to my daughters and they enjoyed your stories.”

“They brought two elderly retainers to the nursery. I was under the impression you where Jenny & Carol's sister. If you are then the Empress will expect off you a hug and a kiss on land and water.”

Iolanthe went up to Alexis threw her arms round her and planted a kiss on Alexis’s lips. “Wow I felt as if I was flying. I am just going to do that again for good luck.”

Poseidon, “Father it looks like she has made her choice. I still have two companions & I know those are my daughters.”

Iolanthe, “All I want to do is embrace you again and again.”

Carol, “Sister apparently there is more dragon blood in you than you ever envisaged. The Dragon blood has taken control of you and you will have to join the other dragons.”

Iolanthe was not totally listening. “Sorry I missed some of that. I was day dreaming and imagined I had the same aroma as when I had the girls. I do have the same aroma. That is not possible unless. Empress I have just remembered something. Where you once male?”

Alexis, “You mated twice with me in the air as dragons do. If you wish to make it third time lucky then we will go to the pool and seal our union there.”

Alexis, “Poseidon I need to talk to you in private. Uncle Neptune the girls are now here so you may make your presentations.”

Cleo came up and accepted her bracelet. “I like my fishy friends. We are having lots of fun. Mum now you have sisters to help you can have lots of cubs. “

Iolanthe, “Empress I told the girls if I had helpers I would give them lots of sisters.” The entire group burst out laughing.

Carol, “Tell the girls you have kept your promise to them.”

Cleo. “Mum we already know my sister Astrid told us you have a flight inside you waiting to hatch.” Iolanthe looked across at her two sisters, Have you two done the same thing yet?”

“We both have to wait for four years as we are required for other things first. Then like you we will embrace the Empress.”

Alexis, “Iolanthe you mentioned you knew of other Fay near where you lived?”

“It depends on your definition, but there are some tree spirits, Almost Leprechauns & Sprites. If I was there they would all come to my summons.”

“In that case tell them to go to the palace and the Guardians will bring them to us”. Iolanthe went outside and let out an earth-shattering roar. The sound was carried on the wind and as it passed towns and villages cats and dogs amplified it.

Many Fay who had not heard the first message certainly heard this. “The Cat Queen summons us to meet the Empress so we must all go.” Around the world parties small and large where packing up. They all knew their destination was the Haunted Isles.

“Sister it appears that call has awoken more than Fay.”

Outside the walls was sat a family of Giants. “Hello down there we have been looking for Lord Rombald & family have you seen them? I am his younger brother Rumbletum & this is my family.”

Alexis pointed her wand and reduced the giants in size. “That is better.”

“Yes you certainly must know the where about of Rombald. You have shrunk us all & that require a lot of magic.”

“Uncle Rumbletum you and your family are most welcome here. As Draco’s daughter I greet you all. All Fay large or small are welcome.”

Rombald, “Including these pests.”

Out of his pockets tumbled six Leprechauns. “Yes Rumbletum they are certainly welcome.”

Fadius Fartus.

The six leprechauns where arguing. “I am sure I saw a glint of gold.” They stopped when they heard the voice.

“Greetings little ones. Who might you be?”

One of the groups spoke. He took a deep breath, “We appear to be down on our luck. “I am Fadeus Fartus former Royal Leprechaun to Queen Endora. This is my companion & this mob is our children. Do you happen to know where we might all find work and then we can get the gold to help us search for Queen Endora? I must search for her as she was like a mother to me and my two brothers, and they are still missing.”

“So you are a Royal leprechaun.”

“Yes madam a Queen of Fay gets to have three of us as her companions.”

“I take it you made a promise to your Queen.”

“Yes the three of us we promised to be loyal friends and servants for her and all her kin.”

Alexis clapped her hands, “My little friends here require gold.” Leprechaun after leprechaun appeared a carrying cauldron of gold. Fadius looked at the other Leprechauns with his mouth open wide.

His wife, “Fadius have you been telling me tall stories again. These are all Royal Leprechauns.”

Fadius bowed his head, “Madame I am loyal to Queen Endora and so cannot take your gold. My wife and children though can because they have not made their vows with any queen.”

Alexis, “Fadius in that case I will pay you a gold coin to do an errand for me. Go to the end of this room and there you will find what you seek. Bring it back to me.”

Fadius took the coin and ran to the other end of the room. Fadius was searching when he heard a voice say, “Child what do you search for?”

“Mistress Endora you are safe. I did search high and low for you.”

“Mistress you must come with me to show I have found what I seek and so earned the gold coin.”

Endora trying to be stern, “Fadius you accepted gold from another queen when you are mine.”

“No mistress I honestly told her I could not serve her as I served you and so turned down a cauldron of gold.”

“She then said, if I give you a gold coin will you go to the other end of this room and find what you seek.”

“Fadius what am I going to do with you. You have been tricked into accepting the gold. I will come with you and see what I can do. Will you give me the coin? That is better it will pay for your new suit that one you wear is way past its best. Ah now you look like a Royal leprechaun comes give me your hand.”

“Mistress Endora my beard it is all gone?”

“Fadius quiet child and let me talk to the Empress Alexis.”

Endora. “Alexis, I return your coin, Fadius is mine to sort out. I will replenish his crock of gold. He like his two siblings will always be my babies.”

Alexis, “Fadius I am sorry we are having a bit of fun at your expense. You originally where Endora’s Royal Leprechaun. I see you still love her very much and she loves you. However you did promise to obey Endora and all her kin & you did accept the gold coin off me.”

Fadius was almost in tears. “Fadius in future you will like all your family,will be one of my Royal leprechauns, but with special responsibility for Queen Endora.”

Fadius, “A queen can only have three leprechauns.”

Endora, “Look around what do you see Fadius?”

“Mistress Endora many Royal Leprechauns and that puzzled me.”

Alexis, “Fadius you are correct a queen can only cope with three leprechauns. I am Endora’s Granddaughter many times removed, and I am no Queen.”

Fadius bows, “No you are not and it was very remiss of me not to notice. I should have seen it before the golden glow. You are what my Endora was not. Empress Alexis are you the one who will unite all Fay large and small. The one who will give us a home we can our own. Mistress Endora I will always be loyal to you and your family regardless of how many generations separate you. Although I was tricked I did take the Empresses gold & so I became beholden to her. It appears I have been given back to you Queen Endora as your personal servant.”

Alexis, “Not exactly Fadius all my Royal Leprechauns have other duties which are decided by my daughters.”

Fadius's eyes lit up, “We get to play with princesses?

Endora, “Fadius at least one is a queen.” Fadius did a double somersault and went and kissed Alexis and then Endora.

“Grandma does he always get so excited like this?”

Fadius was still on a high as he rushed round kissing every female in sight. Eventually he returned and apologised. “Mistress you might by now have guessed I was a little excited. I can think of no greater accolade than to work with the daughters of the Golden Empress. Mistress Endora I will still be there for you but please may I have my last name changed.”

The yellow queen approached and said, “Sister after that exhibition I think we should all call you Fadius Kissus.”

Fadius laughed, “As you asked I will kiss you.”

Alexis well ladies; “Do I make him the official kisser?”

The wife of Fadius came with their children. Alexis picked up one of the children and asked, “Child of Fadius would you prefer Kissus as your name?

Before the child could answer Astrid returned with her sisters. At the sight of Astrid, Fadius was again running across the room to greet her. He literally launched himself at her and was kissing her all over.

“Mistress Galadriel they did not tell me you where here also. I have to join Queen Astrid’s crew. Will that be OK with you?”

“If you keep kissing me like that it will be.”

Fadius thought for a moment, “I have done it again. I am silly I thought you where Lady Galadriel who is my friend.” Fadius looked at another smiling woman, “I now see clearly. Whose daughter is whose?”

Galadriel, “Fadius it has taken you a long time to realise I grew up long ago and I am no longer a little girl. I think though you will soon grow up under Queen Astrid. I also think Kissus is very apt name for you considering you have kissed every queen in this room.”

Fadius started to shake and Astrid took his hand while his wife took the other hand. “I am his wife Lactimus your highness. Fadius he used to brag to me how he was received at court. I now doubt what he told me.”

Galadriel, “Did he tell you I used to dress him as a princess and a playmate when I was bored.” Fadius started to blush. “I thought not. I bet he did not tell you either what mother dressed him as if he misbehaved.”

Fadius, “Please Mistress Galadriel no.”

Alexis, “Fadius I do have a very important job for you and your wife.” “I think my daughters can manage your children ok. Queen Endora has recently returned to us and it would help her if she has a friend or two. Go with Queen Endora and do all she asks of you.” Endora exit the room with the two leprechauns.

Galadriel said, “Alexis she will have them both in baby clothes as soon as they clear this room.”

Grandma, “Endora greeted him by calling him baby & that is what he always has been to her a perpetual baby like those you have got.”

Rumbletum's wife, “I am afraid I might have been responsible for his burst of energy as I was over full and saw the poor mite was thirsty.”

Alexis, “He will no longer be thirsty in fact he will be getting all the milk he can drink. Endora will see to that.”

“You do not mind Endora taking that one for herself.”

Alexis, “That reminds me Andorra I need you here. I had two volunteers who would have become your companions, but I have been thinking there are two in the nursery who need help more. Would you take them as your children Andorra?”

“Alexis if there are children who need my help then so be it.”

“I am glad you said that.”

Neptune came out with two children, “They worked hard & then unsuspectingly drank what I gave them.”

Alexis, “Once they both suckle from you they will be yours for ever Andorra.”

Andorra sat down and did what came naturally. She looked at her hands and said, “I also am changing.”

Alexis, “Only until you look like a teenager like us.” Alexis tapped one of the babies and she appeared as a young woman. “Do you object to this duty?”

“Empress you must be joking we both have done all that was asked and more. Now for a short while we can enjoy ourselves.”

Rumbletum's wife, “Alexis my husband and his brother are having a good chinwag & I wondered if there was a job we could do? I also have to consider my daughters is there a school nearby that I could send them too that can cope with giants.?

Alexis, “I think your daughters would be best attending the same school as their cousins.”

“There they will not be teased about their height.”

Astrid, “Aunt none of my companions will be nasty to them. We might all get wet with water fights, but that is as far as it will go. Like their cousins they will be fine guards and part of my crew.”

One of the taller girls, “Aunt before I came here with my mum and sister I was also teased. Often I was in tears because I was tall for my age. Astrid and her three sisters befriended us. Now I have lots of fun and I no longer hate going to school. OK so Astrid occasionally uses me like a horse. Especially when we have water fights with the hobbits.”

“So I take it you have no desire to return to what life was like previously.”

“No chance Aunt we are happy and so will our cousins be.”

By now the remainder of the giants had joined them in the room.

Rumbletum, “I would rather my daughters be happy than have the sadness they have recently had.”

One of the girls stepped forward and said, “Hi Cousin Astrid I am Leticia and this is Patricia my sister. Can you cope with two more horses? By the look of us I will probably be taking over that duty from my cousins.”

Astrid pointed her finger at the two girls and their clothing changed. “Now all here know you are part of my guard.”

Rumbletum rubbed his eyes, “Did Astrid just do what I thought she did?”

Alexis, “Certain rules that apply to others do not apply to Astrid and her sisters.”

“So I see daughter of Draco. Many things have changed. How will I fit in?”

Rombald, “Brother like me and mine your family are also Queens’s champions. You will do the same duties as me and that is not hard. Most of the time we will be slightly taller than normal humans, but we can soon revert to our true size if needs be.”

“But mother forbid us from playing with children in case we crushed them.”

Rombald, “Astrid have any of your group been crushed by giants?”

“Uncle Rombald you know full well so long as you remain your current size there is no danger to us.”

“Had mother thought to shrink us a little we could have all played with the children.”

Alexis pointed her hand at Rumbletum, “I can easily put you back to normal, but then your mothers ruling will apply.”

“Thank you Alexis for the offer, but for once I would like to find out what life is like at the lower levels.”

His wife burst out laughing. “Empress our current bodies will do fine. Where you being serious when you just said, that we also would be queens champions?”

Rombald, “Rumbletum look at your daughters. When was the last time you saw them as happy? Which one is already carrying Astrid?”

“Brother they appear to be taking it in turns.”

“If children can share their duties looking after them, then so can adults.”

“Rombald my brother at least you now have me to talk to.”

“Well I did have father and uncle when they are about and Neptune & Draco when they are not performing other duties.”

“I would love to wrestle Draco as I never got the chance to wrestle him, but I presume that is forbidden.”

Draco, “Alexis I believe my brother has not been inducted and I can clearly see the remainder of his family have. Would you object to Neptune, Rombald and I performing our induction? It might get rather boisterous.”

Titania, “In other words you would like to have a water fight.”

Alexis, Uncle I think it is permissible to allow your initiation.”

Snow. “Perhaps we should make it an all male do and also have Arran & Poseidon also.”

Neptune, “Ah now there might be a slight problem with my son Poseidon. All the others though can take part and if possible Poseidon will be there, but I doubt it.”

Rumbletum, “Is he ill or something?”

Neptune, “He is fit but there is a problem that needs resolving and I think that should be very soon.”

Draco, “Ah I understand brother.”

Rombald whispered to his brother. “Oh and it affects all males in the family other than us.”

Neptune, “Apparently so. I thought it had bypassed my son Poseidon but I was wrong. I noticed the changes a week ago and Alexis was going to have a word with him.”

Alexis, “As Uncle Neptune correctly said, Prince Poseidon has been changing. I had Helen check him out to see how far advanced he is. I promised Poseidon I would not say anything unless it was brought up.”

Three females entered the centre of the room and one spoke. “Until Alexis spoke with me I did not realise in a way the sea witches curse had been protecting me. Once the curse was removed my body started to change drastically. Helen has done a full check on me and unlike the Empress I appear to be as feminine as my sisters are so perhaps it is better if I am renamed.”

Rumbletum, “How about Neptuna or Pacifica?”

Neptune, “I always liked Meredith, but my wife always said no.”

“Father in that case I will take the name Meredith Neptuna. Which means protector from the sea and child of Neptune. Now father I have something else to ask you to do. As I am now your daughter your ruling also applies to me. I must unite with all my sisters.”

“Yes Meredith Neptuna I have daughters and granddaughters who are already united with their partner.”

Uncles Rombald and Rumbletum will you be as good as to escort my companions?

Rumbletum, “Will the same be applicable to my daughters?”

Rombald, “Yours and mine are bound tightly already. There will be no need for a ceremony but you can have one if you wish. Perhaps when they are old enough. For now it is nice to see them frolic. I see all of them like playing with their cousins in the water.”

“I understood Queen Astrid conducted all investitures here.”

Neptune, “Brother she will be only too happy to give you the same treatment I got. All you need to do is keep dry. No magic is allowed all you can use is your wits.”

“Oh I suppose it is OK.”

Rumbletum looked worried when Draco said, “There is a penalty to pay if you get wet at all.”

Neptune, “I will come round with you now if you wish and then we can have another water fight. Neptune took Rumbletum around the course without getting wet. Now you can have the water fight you asked for.”

Water was splashing everywhere as the gods enjoyed themselves. Astrid then arrived, “Grandma Endora I have caught uncle Neptune wet again. We will have to extend his punishment & he appears to have Grandpa Draco & Uncles Rombald & Rumbletum who are also wet.”

Rumbletum, “Hey that is not fair you knew I was going to have a water fight.”

Alexis, “They only have to catch you wet and that is what they did. Astrid had an easy time with you Rumbletum. Your brother Neptune is nearly always wet. We have more difficulty keeping him dry.”

Endora, “Neptune you have before now got deliberately wet to get caught by Astrid. Perhaps we should alter it so that you stay dry.”

Astrid. “No I am happy with the situation as it stands. Uncle Rumbletum I will give you chance tomorrow you get to go round on your own. This time there will be traps for you to evade and I will authorise a general hunting team to try and trap you.”

Rumbletum, “If I do this what is the cost if I fail.”

Endora, “Well it should be double that of the existing penalty as you are getting a second chance to evade it.”
Neptune, “Seems fair to me brother. If it was me then I would jump at the chance.”

“Yes, but apparently you like getting wet.”

Astrid, “Uncle I would have thought a great man like you would not be worried of the prospect of my challenge.”

“Great man am I. I heard what you did to Lord Black. Is that my fate?”

“Uncle this is pure fun as you had with your brothers nothing else and if you are caught wet you have to spend a month in the nursery.”

Rumbletum, “OK but Neptune comes with me as he talked me into a double chance. Now though we have an important task to perform. Can one of you dress us appropriately for the task we have in hand.”

Astrid, “Allow me as it is not often I get the chance to do this.” Neptune, Rombald and Rumbletum all found they were in full highland dress.

Rumbletum, “At least we all look smart in our kilts.”

Neptune took the arm of Meredith Neptuna while Rombald & Rumbletum followed with the two companions. There appeared to be quite a few bridesmaids who carried the trains. Each of the brothers ceremoniously gave their companions to Alexis, as was their law.

Rumbletum, “Neptune You do not seem worried you have another daughter.”

“Soon I will have more granddaughters to tell stories to and play with. How do you think I keep so young looking? It is with spending time in the nursery. You will find the same and will grow younger like we did.”

Neptune, “As for Lord Black there was a lot you did not hear. The flight is gone, but Black survives, as mother will confirm. Would you have been daft enough to attack Draco’s Flight? Or dafter still to attack a queen with young? Daffiest of all attack a Golden Empress and her brood who were protected by Draco’s flight. Black certainly caused a stir with our sisters and they would have destroyed the entire flight.”

“Astrid prevented that along with her mother. Even the flight rebelled and refused to attack when they realised who Black had intended attacking.”

Rumbletum looked at a necklace he had in his pocket. He walked over to Alexis, “I acquired this some time ago it is supposed to bring all Giants and Titans to order. I have never tried it to see if it works. I did hold it in my hand and it lit up as we made our way here.”

Draco looked at it, “That is the shield of Thor. It lit up because it knew it was on the way home. Shield of Thor take your place.”

The shield appeared to jump out of Rumbletum’s hand and flew across to Draco and then to several others. Eventually it settled on Alexis’s head and changed into a tiara.

Alexis, “Thank you Lord Rumbletum for this gift.”

Draco, “A male may carry the shield, but only a female can wear it.”

Rumbletum, “Empress I will do the month with my Brother in the nursery, but then I would like to take up Rombalds offer and do the same as he does If that is possible.”

Alexis. “I want you to be happy as your brothers are. Neptune likes to spend his time in the nursery, and if he is not in the pool that is where he will be. Nobody could be more attentive than he is.”

Arial, “If mum had known before, she would have had him helping in the nursery before now.”

Endora came across, “Neptune has done very well and I am impressed how well he took to the task.”

Leticia and Patricia spoke as if one voice, “Uncle Neptune does you get a fishy tail like us in water?”

Rumbletum, “I forgot to mention that they seem to have inherited some of your genes brother.”

Leticia, “We need to be in water for quite a while before it happens. We can take a quick dip without it happening. We can spend around 30 minutes in the water before it happens. As soon as we get on dry land we have legs again.”

Helen, “If that is the case then perhaps I should take them across to Thornton and test them using the pool there.”

Alexis, “Yes and get them fit up with the correct costume while you are there. Also it would be good to allow them to meet Gaby and the others.”

Terri entered, “Mistress I have to inform you we have a considerable amount of flights coming in and at least one train. I have called all our teams including Lysandra & Lysander as I am not sure who or what is needed.”

Rumbletum, “Then you might need my skills I have a great knowledge of herbal treatments

up
53 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos