Alex & Chris Chapter 38

Printer-friendly version


Alex & Chris
By Sharphawlad

Chapter 38 The Village store reopens.

It was now several days since Gaby & her families visit. Also since the appearance of Lord Snow and his brother things where slightly different. The centre was once again open to the paying public and since the Water Park had opened the numbers of clients had considerably increased.

Alexis had decided that as the estate owner she should re-open the village store.

“Alexis we could run that if you wished?”

“No I gave you both jobs here and it is perhaps better for a villager to do it.”

The door bell rang and a young woman and child were shown in. “Hello I noticed the village store was re-opening and I wondered if you needed a manager or staff for it.”

Chris looked at the woman, “You look more suited to office work.”

“Actually I worked for a firm of lawyers in London. I am divorced and have a child. My sister who lives in the village is also a one parent family after the death of her husband by a drunk driver. Leila suggested I move in with her and we help each other. It looks like I will soon be also looking after my niece as my sister has cancer and short of a miracle she has not much longer to live.”

Chris, for this moment you have the job if you want it and if you need time off just let me know. Now did you say there were two little girls? Here are passes for you and your sister, bring the children as soon as you can.”

“Thank you boss sorry but I did not catch your name earlier.”

“I am Chris and I am the partner of the boss.”

The woman left and soon arrived home. “Leila I got a job as shop Manageress in the village store. So I am only next door if you need help.”

The two girls came home from the village school together. “Mummy I have had a nice day at school and made lots of friends. Some of my friends live in the big house and we are all invited to tea.”

Leila, “We have never got an invite up there to the manor before.”

“Mummy my new friends said, you now worked for their mummy & so all of us have to go for tea after school.”

Leah, “You was only offered the job this morning & the children were at school all day how do they know?”

“I suppose we could all go round in my car and see if there is any substance to this story.”

Leila, “Can somebody spray me again as the smell is rather strong.”

“Mummy's got a bad tummy & doctors do not know how to make it better.”

“I do aunt we all have to pray hard. Look there is a church perhaps we should all go in and pray hard.”

Leila to please her daughter stopped the car. They all went in the church. Leila’s daughter took out a book from her handbag, “Lord I am Lilibet and these are my mum, Aunt & Cousin Betilil. I know you are busy with everybody else. So please may I speak with Heavens Queen. Heavenly Queen I Leah’s daughter asks for your help. Will you send your angels to look over us all? My mum Leila is very ill. My aunt said, "It will need a small miracle to cure my mum.”

A voice echoed throughout the church. “My angels are rather busy at the moment but I shall send a star that you must collect and place on your mum’s tummy to burn the sickness away.”

“Thank you Queen of the Heavens. I will be going now to my friends house for tea but we will be back to talk to you.”

They continued on the short journey. Leah, “I have a question to ask you sister will you see that my daughter is brought up with yours as her sister? I know I cannot have much longer to go.”

“Sister you know that is why I returned. Did you not hear what was said in the church?”

“I heard for now though I think we should all put sad thought out of our minds and see these friends of yours.”

The doorbell rang and Alexis answers it herself. As she did so she pressed a button to warn all the others they had guests. “I was not sure if you had got the message or not. I looked for your name in the telephone book and could not find it. I contacted my daughter Astrid & she was told to pass the message on. Alison would you mind taking these two to Astrid?”

Jade, “I will go as well we all know what Astrid is like.” The two girls followed Alison & Jade,

“Are sisters because you both look alike?”

Alison, “Yes and so is Alexis who is with your mums.”

Lilibet, “We have a secret. Aunt is ill and the Heavenly Queen is going to send a pink star to make my aunt better.”

Betilil, “Yes and Astrid can help us catch the star and place it on Mums tummy.”

As they made their way to Astrid they passed Rombald. “Hello we are friends of Astrid and are going to find her.”

Rombald, “Miss Astrid is in the water park with her cousins & sister.”

“Alison he is a tall man perhaps he can help us catch a pink star. See you later Mr Rombald.”

Rombald went into the castle chuckling away. The small group eventually found Astrid playing.

Alison, “Did you all not hear the bell we have guests.”

“Alison you are no fun yes we all heard but we wanted to play a while longer.“

“I wish we had known about the pool & we could have come swimming as well.”

Alison, “Tell you what I will see if we can find a costume to fit each of you. Astrid warns the others no rough stuff with these two.” Lilibet here is to collect a shooting star with Astrid's help.”

Jade, “I found these costumes they should fit each of you.” With Alison and Jades help they put the costumes on. Jade and Alison had to zip each other up into their costumes. They played in the water with Astrid and the others for a considerable time.

Eventually Astrid said, “You must be getting hungry as I am. We normally will be have had our tea by now.”

Betilil, “In fact we would be saying our prayers by now.” Astrid flicked her finger and there was a shower of stars.

“Look Astrid the Heavenly Queen has kept her promise to us. All we have to do is catch one and Aunt will be ok.”

Astrid held the glowing ball in her hand. “Look what I have got.”

“You caught one, you caught one Astrid. Now we have to put it on Aunt like we were told.” The girls failed to notice Astrid replacing each pink ball.

“Mum we have the star you need.” They noticed Leah in tears.

Lilibet, “We still must do as we were told or we will never get to be angels. Astrid Please may we have the star you have been holding for us.”

Astrid handed the girls the star who both said, “It is still very hot.” They placed it on Leila and it appeared to vanish into her.

Lilibet, “We have done all we were instructed to do. Astrid will you accompany us in our prayers?”

“Sure why not we have to do it each night.”

Betilil, “Heavenly Queen we did as instructed other than our friend Astrid caught the star for us.”

They all heard a voice say. “Unfortunately girls the star was not powerful enough to totally cure Leila.”

Leah noticed a flicker of the eyelids, “Leila you are still with us.”

Helen came into the room and Betilil,” “We are going to have to look for another shooting star Astrid.”

Astrid, “Can we have some tea first & then I will help you look.”

Leslie took Astrid to one side, “What where you doing with the dragon fire and did they touch it.”

“Yes they had to catch a shooting star. So I called up a small amount of dragon fire. She could do with the full blast of dragon power.” Leslie went to see Galadriel for advice.

Galadriel, “Does Alexis know how ill the mother actually is?”

“From what the girls tell me they received instructions from the heavenly queen.”

“Must have been mother they reached. Well if both girls have already handled dragon fire there is little we can do but welcome them into the fold.”

After the tea Alexis, “I am told you need a shooting star is that correct?”

“Yes to make my Aunt better and also we can become little angels because we placed the star on mummy.”

Alex, “Perhaps you could use this one I caught.”

Betilil, “Oh in that case all in this room have to handle it before we place it on our mum.” Snow came in with Titania & Tatiana and also handled it. Both girls carried it over tossing it to each other and then placed it on Leila again she absorbed it.

Both girls ran across to Alexis and kissed her,” We can now become angels like we were promised.”

Snow, “Alexis did those two both handle dragon fire?”

“No sir we both handled the star sent by the heavenly mother to cure our mother and Aunt.”

Titania, “What actually did the Heavenly queen promise you?”

“Well we prayed in the church on our way here and she answered. We were told that only the fire from a shooting star could burn away the sickness in mum and make her healthy again. We had to make a promise to the heavenly queen and we agreed to become little angels forever.”

“Ah I see and has your mum met Alexis before today.”

“No sir, but my aunt got a job from a lady up here earlier today and we got a message to come after school.”

“How would you both like to come here after school every night?”

“Can we go swimming again and play with Astrid & her cousins? They where funny. They where pretending they were scared of us and swimming away fast and then sneaking up on us. We liked the tall man Rombald we had thought we might ask him to catch a star for us. It was he who told us where Astrid was.”

Neptune was listening to the two girls, “Do you two have any grand Parents?”

“Sir all the four of us have is each other.”

Snow, “I and my brothers would all like you as our Grand Daughters especially as you can both handle a pink star well.”

“Sir that was nothing. We only did as we were asked.”

“Well I am sort of Astrid's grandfather.”

“If Astrid does not mind sharing you we will both like to have an older Grandma & grandfather.”

Draco who had just come, “Did I hear correctly about the pink Star. I have just found this as I was coming in.”

Lilibet, “Three times lucky just for good measure we will use this as well.”
“Thank you sir for the glowing star.”

As before the pink star was passed around the room but it ended up with Alexis who placing it on Leila. “Leila thrice has the pink power been placed on you by angels. The cancer that invaded your body has been burnt out of you. You will be very week for some time to come and perhaps it would be better if you stay here until the doctor tells you otherwise. Leah as your sister is going to be here for some time perhaps it would be better if you also stayed here with the other children. They are already are the best of friends.”

Lilibet looked at Draco and then Snow and Alexis. “Will you also be our grandpa?”

Draco, “Yes if that is your wish.”

“You lied to me you did not just find the star you all made them. Mum & Aunt our prayers have still been answered. We are surrounded by angels. I bet any one of them can make the pink balls. Astrid did it like this. Ops I have also made one.”

Draco, “Well if we are all angels you will have to stay here. It looks like you also must be an angel.”

“It is buzzing.”

“Pass it here,” said Alexis. They watched in amazement as Alexis threw it into the air and it burst into a myriad of stars.

“It is like a firework display.”

Leah curtsied, “Your Majesty Our girls still do not realise who actually cured Leila. I unwitting came to you for a job. I told all my woes to you before the girls said the prayer. Girls it is my employers wish we stay here for them time being. You certainly have friends here and very powerful ones at that. I am not sure what to call you other than Alexis. Is it something like Queen of the Heavens?”

Draco smiled, “I am a little confused as to which one it is sir but could one of you be Lord of the Heavens?”

Draco, “That was good reasoning and you where almost correct. I am known to some as Lord Draco. This is my father Lord Snow, and finally my child Alexis. Alexis has a few other titles besides being Lord Middleham.

Lilibet, “You missed out the other three.”

“The tall one is my brother Lord Rombald. Then the one with the beard is Lord Triton. And finally Arran these with the exception of Arran are all my brothers.”

Lilibet, “Mum, Betilil & I made an agreement with Lord Triton that as we had no grandparents we would have him and all his brothers as our surrogate grandparents.”

Lilibet Looked at Arran, “Why do you look sad? You can have a kiss off your new Granddaughter & I expect you to play with us a lot.”

Arran, “I was thinking of my home and how lonely it will be now,”

“Mummy & I had to move to be with Aunt because she was sick. Now we have to move again so she can get better. With Astrid around you are never lonely. Will you come swimming with us? Mum says we can only go if we have an adult watch over us. Please say yes.”

“Now Betilil & I must kiss the other old men.” The two of them went round kissing all the men. Eventually they reached Lord Snow. “Please tell the sad one not to be sad he has us to look after.”

Snow looked across at Alexis, “Lord Arran, Apparently I have a request that you stay here and play with the children."

"I could if you wish Place the same restrictions on you as on Lord Neptune.”

“Your Majesty I was only sad because I was thinking I would have to go home to an empty home. The girls have made me realise I do not have to return to an empty home as my home is here and apparently at least two children want me to stay.”

“Lilibet would you like me to take you to school in future? Then after school we can see who we can get the wettest. The girls all play a game called wet Neptune. If he is caught in wet clothing he has to spend longer in the nursery.”

Lilibet, “I think you like getting wet & from what Astrid tells me you are a great story teller. Will we still get our swimming lessons like you promised us?”

Neptune burst out laughing, “Lilibet I promise you and Betilil will be swimming like fishes very soon as will your mums.”

Leah. “Hold on a minute I did not say I wanted to become a fish.”

Alexis, “Leah it is too late for second thoughts. I will show you why. Your sister had better come and the girls. The gentlemen will stay here for the moment. One way or another you where destined to be here as was both your families. Earlier today you sealed a contract with Chris my partner with a kiss.”

“I also kissed the old man and his daughter for arranging the lessons. I always do it with people I like.”

“Unfortunately this is one habit you will not have to do outside these walls.”

“I also kissed the tall man and Lord Draco and Snow.”

Alexis, “Apparently your daughters also do the same thing. Only one of your groups did not and she is already contaminated.”

Leila, “Sister the gods have seen fit to grant you and the girl’s powers. All of those here possess those powers. I was contaminated because those powers cured me of my illness. You must be able to transmit the powers by a kiss.”

“This place is like a school where we are taught how to use our powers wisely.”
Alexis, “Basically you are correct but there is more you should know.” One by one the females all stripped off to their birthday suits.

“Have we to do the same?”

The girls needed no invitation, “Mum we are safe with our friends in the pool.” With some misgivings they both got in the pool.

“Are you not also getting in Alexis?”

Chris, “Alexis will only ever get in with her partners and children.”

“Alexis come on in it is lovely in here and so relaxing.”

“No you and your sister are my guests and so I must stay out.”

“Alexis we have powers similar to yours & so are we not already your partners. We both promise to give you a big kiss if you get in.”

“If I do you may regret your actions.”

Ariel, “Alexis your other partners are eager for you to get in and await their fate.”

Leila thumbed with her wedding ring and slipped it on Alexis. “I have not much from my old life & this was part of it. With this band of gold I claim you as my partner for all eternity.”

“Same here mine is silver & I was told it would protect me from harm.”

Alexis accepted the rings and then said, “This is very old and precious.” “Where did you get it from?”

Surprising it was the sister who answered. “I cleared out my grandmas things after she departed this life. I found two identical rings. My sister decided to use hers as her wedding ring. My partner wanted me to have a band of gold but I still have the other ring at home.”

Alexis placed the ring back on her finger and then also placed the second one on. “Your grandmother knew the rings would protect you. Had you both worn the rings you would not have been here today. These are more valuable than gold. They are made from Mithral Silver.”

The two looked at each other and one said, “I thought that was just a bit of fiction in The Hobbit & Lord of the rings.”

Alexis. “There are many strange things you do not understand. Ariel and the girls can you all lift your legs up please.”

“They all have fish tails.”

“Now you two and your daughters”.

“Mum look what we have got.”

“Now stretch your arms up like this.” They watched as Alexis sprouted wings.

“Mum look Alexis is an Angel after all.” The mothers were stunned but the two girls copied Alexis.

“Look mummy we are also angels so our prayers were answered.” Both mothers decided to follow the example of their children.

“We all must be dead and this is heaven.”

“Well how do we power these things? Look our legs are back. I see the point of the costumes now. Before when they where swimming they did not have tails so the costume prevents it developing. I also now see why they all have slits in their clothing.”

As they were up in the air with Alexis one of the smaller Fay flew up, “Your majesty I apologise about disturbing your entertainment but some of your new companions are waiting to be greeted in the pool.”

Leah, “Excuse me but are you a friend of Alexis?”

“Mistress all Fay great or small are both friends and companions to her Majesty. You yourselves should know as children of the dragon lords. Do you both not wear the sign of Lysandra?”

“Sorry little one neither of us knows what you speak about.”

“Mistress may I beg your leave. I must inform some of the other Fay we not only have regained our Queen but we have also regained our twin protectors Lysandra & Lysander.”

Alexis “She is correct in one thing I am neglecting my other companions.”

“Before I go in the pool there is something I need to know. Galadriel the great perhaps you can enlighten me. Why would one of the Fay refer to these two as children of the dragon Lords and say the names Lysandra & Lysander?” Galadriel was at a loss to answer.

Draco though was not. “Long time ago Lysandra & Lysander where born and they became the friends and protectors of the Fay. They though got fed up of their life and wished they could explore the earth as humans do. They left the heavens taking with them only the rings of Mithral these two now wear. There was great sadness among the Fay when Lysandra & Lysander left. The sadness was that great that Galadriel ordered all to forget those names until such times as they returned. Even Galadriel wiped their names from her mind. I thought I was the only one to remember them but apparently some of the Fay still does.”

Draco. Alexis do you mind calling back the Fay.

Alexis, “By the look of it I have no need as we appear to have a delegation.”

“Mistress is it true our twin protectors have returned.”

Alexis, “May I have those rings again?” Both girls handed them over.

Alexis, “My loyal fay it appears you also wish to have two protectors. Leila & Leah will you both take on the vacant positions of Lysandra & Lysander.”

Leila, “The two of us will be your representatives if that is your wish. I thought we both where dead when we developed tails and wings.”

Alexis placed a tiara on each of their heads made of Mithral. Draco, “Allow me to make the announcement.”

“Loyal Fay earlier today your Empress went to the aid of a family.” Whilst talking to two of the females she was presented with the rings of Lysandra and Lysander. Other than some of the Fay I was the only one to remember them. Empress Alexis accepted the rings and the two are now her companions. Like all her companions they have special powers. Empress Alexis has decided as these two bore the rings of Lysandra & Lysander they should also have the job as well. So as Lord Draco of the heavens it gives me great pleasure to announce the filling of the positions that has been vacant for nearly a millennium.”

At this a great cheer went up. Alexis, “Your protectors have both asked me you’re Empress to step into the pool with them. I have waited until the Fay are here so they may see their twin protectors united with me.”

One by one different partners all came forward and Alexis asked them all the same question. “Do you come of your own free choice?”

“They all answered in the affirmative.”

Alexis,” In that case you are now bound to me for all Eternity the bonds that bind us will get stronger.” Each of the partners gave Alexis a Hug and kiss. Eventually it got to Leila & Leah. Alexis asked them the same question.

Leila, “We do but may I ask a question before it goes any further. We both feel that somehow we where guided here. Our daughters play with yours as if they where sisters.”

Alexis called the girls over, “Fay as you noticed even the young carry the sign. Lilibet throw me a pink ball please and you Betilil. Now both mothers.” Alexis appeared to be fashioning the balls into one large power ball. “Now to send it on its way. All of us are already united. If you wish to have more children then you may hug me now.”

Galadriel, “As you all can see Lysandra & Lysander have returned from their travels and as promised once again taken up their old positions.” “As you all can see they are already firmly bound to Empress Alexis, and there is no danger of them ever going walkabouts again.”

Others started throwing the pink balls at Alexis who continued to make the ball even larger eventually she said, “Rombald would you like the privilege of throwing this into the heavens.

Rombald threw the ball high in the heavens where it started to explode.

Alexis, “As you all can clearly see when we all work together we achieve better things. Lysandra & Lysander already have children who I have take as my own. Soon they will have sisters who come to our ever increasing fold. Lord Draco has already taken them as his Grand daughters.”

Both Leila & Leah hugged Alexis, “You really mean you want us to carry your children?”

Alexis laughed, “Like I said previously it is far too late for either of you to back out now. We are eternally now tied together. Also those hugs have sealed your fates. Already new mermaids are swimming about in you as they are in all my new companions.”

Leila, “You sound quite serious as if we are pregnant.”

Alexis, “Before you where not with me. All my companions will give me at least one child. Some she looked at Leslie & Ariel wish to give me more as they like the idea of being pregnant. Others such as Christine prefers to concentrate on their careers, but will still give me one or two children. Over the years to come you two between you will give me many children as that is what you want.”

“We have much work to do now. While I was away recovering Lord Snow more Fay arrived. These I have not yet greeted although they have all been made welcome. Will you all please make way for the Fay who has recently arrived? I am given to understand that there are many injured with your group can my Royal Leprechauns help then to the front.”

Leila, “Alexis how do we make them better? This one has broken legs and her wings are in tatters.”

The Fay replied, “I am beyond saving, but I am not allowed to take my own life. Please make it quick for me and swish me.”

“Alexis has not named us as Fay protectors just to swish you. Broken bones can be healed and I will find a way to repair your wings.”

Alexis, “Bring the bad cases like this one to me personally and I will fix them.” They watched transfixed as Alexis created a large ball and placed it on the damaged Fay.” The broken bones started to heal and the torn wings appeared to re-grow.

“Lysandra & Lysander your power is limited so I suggest you start on the minor cases while I continue with the more severe injuries. They went to the opposite side of the line and looked at their first patient. They both wrinkled their noses.

One of the others, “She fell into a cow pat on her way here, and has not had the time to be cleaned, as she has only just arrived.”

“Sorry Protectors I was eager to see you both as I have long heard tales of you.”

“Astrid are your water pistols charged can we borrow them?

Astrid returned with the water pistols and some liquid soap. “Sorry but before we can repair your injuries we are going to have to clean you up.” The Fay stood there and let the two drench her.

Lilibet, “We have brought you dry clothing and towels to dry you.

Lysandra, “It was your choice to come here like a dirty child. Perhaps it would be better if you where our child and then you could have others to ensure you do not slip into cow pats again.”

Both of the sisters managed to produce a small ball each and soon had the Fay cured. Astrid who was watching, “Mum is pleased with your first case and says, you both may have her if you wish.”

Lysandra, “I was only teasing you but it appears the Empress has taken me at my word.”

“Protectors. It is well known you both had nine Fay friends each to carry out your orders. I Inga am happy to be chosen as your first one. The Empresses command will always supersede any either of you make.”

“Crown Princess please inform your mother I am happy to comply with her wishes.” The two women looked at each other as Leah said,

“Astrid all of this is strange and new to us, but are you a princess?”

“My full title and name is Astrid, Crown Princess, Daughter of Alexis, Queen of the Seas, Queen of the Fay, Queen of the Heavens and all flying things, Empress of all, Middletown.”

“Astrid your mother commands all the angels in heaven.”

“To be honest I have not given that much thought. Like you this is a relatively new job for me. I suppose she does. She certainly heard your prayers from the church as did I.”

“The Old gentleman I initially spoke to.”

“That is Mums Uncle Neptune and the one who promised to give you swimming lessons was mums cousin. Lord Snow & Lord Draco are dragon Lords & command the heavens with Lord Arran who is an Eagle Lord.”

“Yes I remember the one who was sad.”

Astrid, “His power is not as great as his brother. But he managed to keep the Lord Snow alive.”

up
56 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos