Alex & Chris Chapter 31

Printer-friendly version


Alex & Chris
By Sharphawlad

Chapter 31 Titans

Astrid noticed two very tall girls crying. “Hello I am Astrid & this is my home why are you crying.”

“We are so tall none of the other children want to play with us.”

Astrid, “I will give my sister Samantha a call & we will play with you.”

“Hi Astrid, Oh we get to play with giants. Can you pick us up and carry us so we can look over the hedges. Our sisters have water pistols and have tried to soak us.”

The two tall girls soon forgot their worries and started to play with Astrid and her sisters.”

“Astrid I wish we could play with you again. We both like it here and you have been a true friend to us and not teased us because we are tall. I suppose we had better try and find mum.”

Astrid, “Not without us you are not.” Astrid and the twins took them all round the park until they reached the giants castle.

There they found their mother talking to a very tall man.

Rombald stood up, “Mistress Astrid! I was talking to this lady she has lost her daughters.”

Astrid, “Rombald I would like you to meet my friends we have been playing together.”

The lady looked at Astrid, “You have been playing with my daughters! Nobody at school wants to play with them as they are too tall.”

Astrid, “They are just right as our friends. Is that not right sisters. We want them to come swimming with us.”

As they were leaving Astrid, “Rombald we want to be bridesmaids at your wedding when it occurs.”

Rombald, “Sorry about that they are nice children.”

The mother. “Rombald is an unusual name the last time I heard that was when somebody was telling me the story of the legendary giant who roamed the Craven moors.”

Rombald looked into the woman’s eyes and sparks flew between them. Rombald, “I know we have only just met but I would very much like to get to know you better. I do not normally get to chat to ladies other than the mistresses.”

Alexis, “Ah Rombald I see you have found a friend.”

“Mistress this lady lost her daughters and I was going to help her find them.”

Astrid, “Mum can our two new friends stay over with us Please?”

Rose came “Mistress one of the coaches was ready to depart and a group of three were missing. I told the driver to go and not wait as there was a problem to sort out and we would see that the group got home. The driver handed me some baggage belonging to the group and departed.”

Alexis looked at the mother, “Apparently you will be staying for tea & Rombald you better come as well.”

Astrid looked at her two friends. “I told you that you would be staying.”

The mother looked at Rombald, “Hi my name is Myra & these are my daughters Cora & Aeora. I noticed Rombald called you mistress so I will call you mistress Alexis. Thank you for the offer of tea I am rather hungry but I am worried how we will get home as we have little money & no transport.”

Rombald, “Mistress would it cause too much trouble for my friend & your daughters friends to stay the weekend?”

Myra who stood at 6ft 6ins, “Rombald I take it these are your friends and not your girlfriends.”

Rombald, “Myra I now have neither wife nor daughters. The mistress is a little too small for my taste.”

Astrid nudged Myra, “Can you read the card please?”

Myra took the envelope and read the card, “Rombald this year is 2008 and is a leap year. That means if a female finds her eternal mate she gets to propose to him.”

Rombald smiled as Myra threw away the card, “Mistress Have I permission to propose to Rombald and ask him to be my mate friend and father to these two young teenagers.”

Alexis nodded and Myra, “Rombald I am a giant by human standards like you are and as are my daughters. I could not help but notice all the small people here & now there will also be a family of tall people if you say yes. I would like you as my companion & my girls need a father. They also appear to for the first time in their lives have found several friends including your mistress’s daughters.”

This brought a giggle from the others.

Myra, “Why do I somehow feel that I have been had.”

Rombald, “First I accept & second you have not been had but perhaps the mistress daughter gave you a push. Had you not asked I would have waited until I had the courage to ask you? Miss Astrid knows I am not very forth coming with the ladies so it might have been some time. Miss Astrid has her own reasons for shoving you. Two of them to be precise.”

Cora & Aeora spoke, “Rombald we Myra's daughters would like you as our father. Astrid we have never had friends like you & your sisters. For our last few years at school we have been miserable until today & we enjoyed ourselves. I hope we did not wet too many of the tiny people.”

Alexis, “Astrid.”

“Mother Saskia & Sisters were hunting us with water pistols so we got an advantage or to be more precise two giant advantages.”

Saskia, “Please do not be mad with them there was only four of them & twelve of us & we all enjoyed our selves. Next time though we pick teams & you can have four of my sisters for one giant.”

Alexis, “I take it that you hobbits enjoyed yourselves. Yes your majesty Ops.”
Myra went across and curtsied, “Queen Alexis or to be precise Alexis Queen of the Fay. I now see clearly why I was nudged into proposing. Rombald you can never leave your queen just as I and my daughters will all serve her faithfully.”

Alexis, “Myra it did not take a genius to work out you are either a daughter or granddaughter of Lenora.”

This time Rombald bowed, “Is it true Myra?”

Myra, “Rombald I have lived that long now in the land of men I forget my heritage. My grandmother told me of a great love in her life. She though was the queen’s champion. Likewise she taught her daughters and granddaughters. She told us how the queen chose her champion and how then until a new champion was chosen she must abandon her loved one.”

Alexis, “Kiss me Myra.” Myra kissed Queen Alexis, “Now you are the new queen’s champion. Rombald, Do not walk away as Lenora soon will be here to claim you.”

Alice came and said, “Mistress a lady titling herself Queen Lenora of the Titans is here.”

“Show her in please.”

Alice, “Sorry but the mistress has never heard of you but she asked me to show you every curtsey and show you in.”

Lenora, “I know I am in the correct place. I smell Fay & leprechauns by the dozen & titans four are here.”

“Oh you mean the Queens champion Myra & her daughters they are the Queens companions Myra sealed it with a kiss as her daughters did with Mistress Astrid.”

Lenora, “Both girls kissed Astrid?”

Mistress Astrid saw her friends were depressed and kissed them both.”

Lenora, “Then both are bound to Astrid as I am bound to Galadriel. You have not said who the fourth was.”

“Well Myra proposes in front of us all & He would have accepted as he was lonely. Queen Alexis said, Myra you are to be my companion and your daughters mine. Rombalds true love will soon return. Myra did not realise it was the same person you told her stories of long ago. She knew the name. My Lady commands me to prepare you for your wedding to Lord Rombald & your attendants are ready. Princess Astrid & sisters & your two great grand daughters are your bridesmaids. As there are no more male titans to give you away the Queens champion has agreed to do that. You of course realise Rombald is as tied to Alexis as is Myra.”

“I promised to be loyal to Galadriel and all her family.”

“That promise still stands so you are also my queen’s champion.”

“I am glad to hear that old friend. I thought you might like a matron of honour”

Myra, “Granny are you ready for me to walk you down the aisle?”

Lenora, “I have waited a long time for this.” As they walked down the Aisle Lenora looked around, “Queen Alexis has made this an enchanted place. I recognise the aura of all here & there are far more than I envisaged when I set out. Mistress I was not sure just were I was going but I followed my sense of smell. The aroma of many leprechauns could be felt from many miles away. That could only mean one thing. Then as I got nearer I knew there was Titans here also. I realised I must also report for duty as I am the Queens Champion & the queen had returned to her enchanted realm. Now I can retire as my daughter & granddaughters take up my title.”

Galadriel, “Not exactly you are and still will be my champion. I am still a Queen although Alexis is the Empress now and has already chosen her champions. It is by her command you take Rombald as your partner & keep him happy.”

“If it is the new Queens wish then I must obey my dear friend. I will still be there for her as I was for you. As we speak I can feel her power and so can others.”

Myra, “Mother I am ready to walk you down the aisle. The bridesmaids picked up the train and walked behind Lenora.

Lenora found Alexis facing her, “Who gives this giant Lenora?”

Myra, “I am proud to walk my mother down the aisle and give her to Rombald.”

Alexis, “Lenora you vowed to be loyal to Galadriel and all her kin. I have named your daughter as Queens’s champion & companion as are her two daughters. They like Rombald are tied to me for all eternity. You though made your vows with another queen.”

“Your majesty before all assembled here I reaffirm my vows to you and all your kin.”

Alexis, “Lenora I accept you and confirm your title as Galadriel champion. Now do you still wish to have Rombald as your Partner?”

She looked at Rombald, “Your majesty nothing would please me more than that.”

“Rombald do you take this giant.”

“For too many years we have been parted & this is the day I have prayed for a long time so yes.”

“Rombald Take your bride to your castle and guard well my little ones. First though we have a feast to celebrate you’re marriage and my new Family of Champions. Let the feasting begin.”

Alice, “Have you seen the news? “They have just announced that Lance Armstrong & Jenny Bond will both be entering the race as invited guests & be sponsored in aid of a Cancer Charity. In addition the Junior British champion will be racing with team Bond comprising of her family and friends.”

“Baby, “Mum that will be one special day I want to see.”

Alexis, “Well ladies I also know there are others who wish to watch the race so we have some planning to do now.” Those who had not previously received their parts soon got them.

Galadriel, “I presume you need authentic costumes so we best call for the Royal Dresser.”

“Mistress I already have everything prepared & I am enjoying being back at my old job. With your permission I would also like to be at the castle to watch the re-enactment and the cycle race come in. I know this presumptuous but would you object if I was Lady Anne's cousin Mary Queen of Scots.”

Galadriel burst out laughing, “You are correct she did visit the castle & also Middleham. We have nobody filling that part so if you really want it then it is yours.”

up
38 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos