Alex & Chris Chapter 18

Printer-friendly version


Alex & Chris
By Sharphawlad

Chapter 18 The Clinic in Leeds.

“Mum sold or gave all my dancewear away when I had to pack up.”

Rose, “I know where we can get it in Leeds if it is OK with you Miss Alexis.”

“OK first though we have the clinic with Helen I hate this daily visit.”

Allison said, “Well soon neither of us will have to come here much longer as we will be better.”

They drew up outside the clinic on Clarendon road. “Look there is mummy with Aunt Helen.”

Alexis, “We got three stowaways.”

Helen, “They were going frantic at home looking for these three.”

“Mum Jade is going horse riding with us and she is teaching me dancing.”

Helen, “Well if you are then you need new costumes. You might get them in the Queen’s Arcades there is a shop down there that specialises in them. Jade as the girls have apparently taken to you do you mind getting them what they need. Until Alexis is ready there is a play area around the corner.”

Astrid, “Come we will show you were to go we can get a drink there as well.”

Helen, “I got Rose's message about the girls. Now to deal with you three we will need blood test from you all.” “Alexis I also need you to give me other samples like you used to do.”

“Oh I understand Helen is it to see if they are still viable.”

Helen replied, “After I have tested it I may like further samples until such time as it is no longer required. To be honest I could do will all you can give.”

Rose after having being tested went to look for Jade & the girls. “Want some pop & crisps girls”
Jade, “I could do with a Latte I need the energy boost.”

“What is a Latte Rose?”

“It is a milky coffee drink girls.”

“We like milk so could we try one.”

Jade, “Have a sip of mine and if you like it then you can have one or else you can have the cola.”

“I like this.”

Jade, “The twins had to have a taste.”

“We like it to.” As they spoke their mother appeared with Alexis & Allison. “Mum we have had a sip of Jades Latte and we like it. Did you bring our cups?”

Helen split a drink between all three girls and topped it up with cold milk.

“Sorry we cannot go shopping with you but be good girls for Alexis & Allison.

Jade, “Drat I tore my skirt while playing with the girls.”

Rose vanished and returned a short time later. Sorry this is all we have with us.

Jade, “OK I will put it on this was my favourite but it is no good now.”

Helen, you need track suits and things like that if you intend playing with girls.”

Jade looked in her purse and saw she had about £50.00

Alexis, “What are you doing Jade?”

“I was wondering just what I can afford to buy.”

Helen laughed, “Jade do not worry money your sisters will be paying for all you need.”

Rose, “Will the car be safe left here while we all go shopping.”
Helen, “The pass you have will do & the carport is secure see you all later.”
They walked passed Leeds Royal Infirmary & past the Town hall on the Headrow.

“We know where the dance shop is from here.”

All too soon they were in the dance shop. As they were entering an elderly lady was leaving.

“Hello Madame,”

“Oh Hello Jade have you decided to come back to me.”

“Not exactly these little ones want me to dance with them until their parents can arrange a suitable tutor. These are my sisters. Allison & Alexis meet madam she runs many dance schools.”

Madame looked at the little girls, “Come with me into the back. Jade you will do as you as all you need at the moment are some pumps.” The old lady put some music on

Astrid, “That is the warm up music.” Jade danced with the girls & went into automatic mode when she heard the music. Madam changed the music & watched and then changed it again.

On the fourth change Astrid said, “We do not know what to do with this but we can copy Jade.”

Madame clapped her hands and said; “Jade I was told you were good. How would you like to take your teaching qualifications?”

Jade, “Madam I do not have all the grades myself yet.”

Madam, “The last tape I put on was for the teachers test and the way the little ones reacted with you shows me you have what is needed.”

“How old are you and where did you learn” “I am four and they are six we lived in Skipton until we moved to live with our Grandma and the big sisters.”

Alexis, “That is us plus Angela, Tilly & Chris.” We now all live together in Middleham.”

Madame, “I have recently had a phone call from a Lady Middleham about dancing lessons.”

Alexis, “Yes that was me on behalf of these three.”

“So Jade why did you not tell me before whom your sister was.”

Alexis, “Simply she did not know & neither did I until less than 12 hours ago.”

“I came here to replace all my dance wear and get the little ones what they need as Alexis wanted.”

Madame, “I realise the little ones cannot come every day. If they could whilst they are on holiday they would learn a lot.”

As Jade and the girls tried on their costumes & footwear Madam said, “Lady Alexis, I apologise for not returning your call.”

Alexis. “I actually wanted to talk to you. Not only about the little ones but we have some older ones who would benefit from your attention.”

Allison, “Madam you may not remember me but when I am fit again I also would like to continue with lessons. My sister was wondering if on a Night, Saturday or Sunday we could meet with your faculty to see who could teach us all.”

Madame, “Actually Jade is all you need. If she comes here for her lessons she can teach what she learns. Then when she thinks you are ready she will tell me and I will arrange the tests. I would though like to come with my staff to see what you have available. Also may I bring my more promising dancers?”

Alexis, “Saturday for lunch & tour. Now though I am rather busy we have to go for lunch and then I am taking the girls to see Swan Lake at the Grand.”

“Ah yes the Northern are performing at the Grand that is where I am going next as we ran out of certain shoe sizes and I came in here to see if they could help out. What is your seat number?”

“We are in a box 1.”

Madam smiled, “Maybe I will see you there.”

Astrid, “We have seen the old lady before she came into our class & had us do things and then went away.”

Allison, “Alexis & Rose appear to be the only ones who do not know Madam.”

The shop keeper, “Did I here you say you had box 1 at the Grand Theatre? In that case would you like me to send your shopping there as it will save you carrying them around?”

Alexis, “That would be nice. Before you do that though. It may be a good idea for us also to get costumes and shoes. I will need double qualities of everything. In fact could you bring Shoes & Clothing on Saturday we may have a few more sales for you.” The lady put everything into a box and marked it Lady Alexis Box 1 Grand Theatre.

The sales lady, “If you want some bargains Alders the department store are in receivership and have a 70% off sale.”

“Well it is close to the Grand & we would not have far to go.” They decided to have a look around.

“Look they have some nice wedding dresses here,” said Allison. “Laura & Fiona would love these. Think we can delay the sale for one more day. It would be better if we all were here to choose our outfits.”

Alexis realise the dresses were being cleared for a fraction of their true cost. She rang the twins and found the girls had already shut up shop. Can you get to the Grand in Leeds? Bring Robert & Jeff please meet us outside Alders at 5.00, while in the store Alexis decided that perhaps Jade needed a change of clothing.”

“No I will make this do it is getting quite some attraction. I thought perhaps you might like to dress like your sisters?”

“OK if we can find matching outfits.”

Rose, “I have found four matching gowns & they have matching daughter dresses. We could all go dressed alike to the show.”

Astrid.” Rose I think perhaps you could be a big sister for today too us.”

Alexis looked at the prices.

Jade, “OK I am being persuaded but I buy my own.”

Alexis passed her a card with her name on.” “What is this?”

Allison.” We all have one; it is a cash card direct debit card. & Credit cards & is issued by the Stud. It also tells who you are & who your parents are. This says you are no 3 daughter of no 4 daughter.”

Astrid, “Rose do we have those as well?” “Can I see yours Allison?”

“So you are no 2 daughter of no 4 daughter. Alexis’s can I see yours please. Astrid failed to notice the no1 on Alexis’s card, so yours is no1 daughter of no 4 daughter.

Rose, “I have your cards here girls.”

Astrid looked at them, “According to this you three are still my big sisters.” She handed the cards back to Rose.

They all bought matching dresses & decided to wear them. Having all their clothes put into bags. Allison, “I feel bare perhaps we could get some trinkets each. They found the jewellery counter.”

Astrid stunned the sales woman by saying. “These are only paste & only worth a few pence.”

The woman said, “Madam I can assure you these are the best white diamond and are greatly reduced.”

Alexis decided to test Astrid, “Can you show her the other necklace please.”

“Now this I would have it is Rubies mixed with cut white diamonds & a central stone surrounded with emeralds.”

Alexis, “What price is each?”

“Madam I would not go on what the child says.”

Alexis, “She will be correct as my sister worked as Sales manager for Garrard’s and this one knows all about gems. We will take the one Astrid choose & in future do not try to sell me paste. Now what else have you & I only want to see the good stuff.” The floor manager overheard and asked that security scanned the group.”

The general manager asked why the group was being scanned. When a four year old cannot be fooled by the staff then I get suspicious.” The general manager was reading a piece in the newspaper. “Yes I can see the group you are scanning I will be down in a moment.”

“Lady Alexis how may my staff be of assistance? I presume this is your Sister Lady Allison I saw your photos in the newspaper.”

“I am Lady Astrid.”

“Yes I was told you knew about jewels.”

“She tried to sell us worthless glass as white diamond.”

“This is a white diamond bracelet that is glass and so is that.”

“OK Now how may I be of help.”

“Alexis, “Actually there is something. I have bought some goods and will be wearing them, but we wish to collect other items after the show after the Grand finishes with the afternoon show.”

“Yes I can keep your purchases in my offices for you to collect later.”

They crossed the road to the Grand. After buying some drinks and sweets in the foyer they made their way to the box going along a side passage. Eventually they saw a sign to the dress circle and circle. They soon found their box and saw their box of shopping was waiting for them. They all settled down to watch the show.

Astrid, “Alexis that girl in the centre is our dance teacher Jenny.”

Alexis, “She is very good Astrid.”

During the intermission a man came and entered the box. “Lady Alexis would your party come back stage please.” They followed the man & soon found they were with the cast.

“Darlings I thought it was you.”

Jade, “Jennifer these are my big sisters who I believe you have not met. But these two know you.”

The Prima ballerina looked at Allison, “But we do know each other. Allison you never told me you had an identical twin.”

Allison, “Jenny was my partner before she went on to great things.”

“Madam told me that this group could solve a problem for us we need four pearls for the last dance. Madam informed me Jade and the girls could do it easy. It would help us out of a bind otherwise that scene will have to be scrapped.”

up
45 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos