Alex & Chris Chapter 11

Printer-friendly version


Alex & Chris
By Sharphawlad

Chapter 11 Another Alexis,

Astrid came into the room, “Mummy we have another big sister Alexis, but she needs your help we are going looking for our big sister now.”

Chris was shaken when she saw the girl, “She looks like an identical twin of my Alexis.”

Helen, “I need to contact my office Rose can you get them on line & ask for an emergency transport to be sent here. Helen reeled off what she wanted and Rose typed it in and then said, “Bandages drugs & life support monitor.”

Helen, “You scrubbed it clean as I asked & did the same with the table.”

Rose said, “We boiled all the instruments in your bag as asked. We also found the other stuff you requested and we have altered a sheet.” They lifted the girl on to the table and Helen just cut off all her clothing.”

Alexis came in and Helen said, “No closer it is a sterile area but we need your help I have not time to test the others but I know you are O negative can you spare her two pints.”

Alex said, “Of course but I cannot spare anymore.”

Alice Before I cut in to her I would like you to have tested every body as I suspect we are all O negative and I will need blood from everybody if we are.” As she will need massive infusions of blood.”

A few seconds later there was the sound of an ambulance. “Dr Helen when we realised what you had called for we thought you could do with a full team so we all have come and brought all we could & some O negative although we may not have enough.”

“My cousin is O negative and at the moment is giving 2 pints and the others have agreed to be tested.”

One said, “in that case I will start on them as we better have the blood first.”

Astrid came in and said, “Hello are you the blood lady the cook has asked us to help by bring everyone drinks.”

“Thank you Astrid that would be useful.”

“Can my big sister have a drink?”

The doctor thought for a moment and said, “Tell cook everyone has to have at least 2 litres of fluid to drink after they have given blood & then they have to lay down for a while & you three can be nurses and bring them all drinks.”

The three of them vanished and returned dressed as nurses right “Doctor we are ready for duty.”

The doctor, “Nurses you have not to go in the room were your mummy is I will take all they need.”

“OK doctor we already have too many patients so we will not bother mummy.”

Terri the cook came to see what she could do and was told they needed O negative blood. I am O positive so that lets me off.”

The doctor said, “We may still need your blood but we will leave you to the very last as we need somebody to prepare the drinks all the others here are capable of giving O negative so I will have them first. I am taking 2 pints from everybody but they need to replace the fluid so that is why they all need 2 litres each. Tell the girls their patients have to drink the fluid straight down.”

For most of the afternoon the little girls were carrying drinks to everybody. “Cook we could do with a drink ourselves as we are thirsty.”

“Sit-down girls and take a break I will go and check on the others.” When she got back to the kitchen she found all three fast asleep on the floor.” She picked each child up and brought them into the sitting room. “Alex your nurses needed a sleep break so they have taken it.”

Alex, “I am proud of how they have worked and behaved.

Christobell friend, “This was the last thing I was expecting to be doing today.”

Chris said, “It is a good job we made a couple of beds up. There is no way either of you are driving home today it is far too dangerous.”

Helen came though and said the team want to know if there is a chance of a drink.”

Terri, “Madame I was just about to make everybody another drink. It may take a while as my team are asleep here and I am right proud of all three of them.”

Helen looked at the sleeping girls. “I have done what needs doing to save her life & unless a miracle happens though she will never have children. I though want to ensure the miracle happens because it is within my scope. “

“Chris we are all sisters and two of us already have Alex Children. Well this young lady can be nothing but Alex twin sister.”

Helen, “Their blood is exactly the same in fact they are identical twins. She carries the same unusual properties within her as Alex does. The blood was the indirect cause of my money problems. That is why after the grant ran out and I paid Alex money out of my own pocket and from Leslie. I never envisaged at the time we could be related in any way as mum never talked about her family.”

Clara, “Helen you are sure she is my daughter? Aunt she is Alexis other half. Now comes the hard part. Alex your wife Chris bought all the rights to your sperm. If I can get access to it then I can grow her the parts that have been removed. It will take at least ten weeks it could be longer.”

Chris, “You had to remove the lot so she can never ever conceive.” Chris thought for a moment and said, “Exactly how much is there in the tank.”

“I only need a small amount for this and there would still be plenty for all my sisters including you.”

Helen said, “Sister come give me a hand in the kitchen & Terri can have a break.”

“Helen if you can do that then Alex could be Alexis permanently could they be done together?”

“I would need to transfer them to the clinic and they would be there for 24 hours but it can be done.” Female organs I can grow but not male ones so all I could do is make them both identical twins again.” I think we should also ask everybody over Alexis.

Chris came back in with Helen, “I did not realise my sister was into such groundbreaking research. I was very cross after Alex accident and now I discover my sister has the answer to our problem. It is only right Alexi’s sister is given the chance of life within her family. Likewise I feel that Alex has already gone. There are three little angels who love Alexis and one day will ask when she is going to have a little sister for them to play with. Providing everyone here agrees. It is Alexis all the time.”

Alexis, “Helen you are telling us that you can grow us both everything for us to be card carrying members of the mothers union?”

“Yes I can and have several times before my mixing clients stem cells with yours I can grow arms, legs. Almost everything needed but not what Alex lost.”

Chris, “Alex though will have to visit Helen daily at her work. She will have several tests daily until the actual day of the operation and that depends on the growth rate. While there is no need for the twin to attend it might be advisable if they are to have the same operation.”

Angela, “Alexis go for it and at least Alex can give you children again.”

Clara, “I was told I was expecting identical twins and when I came round there was only one. I asked were my other baby was and was told there was only one alive. I asked to see my dead baby but they could not find it. There was a woman in the next bed to me called Sally Robinson and she had a daughter but she was discharged before I awoke.”

All too soon Helen had found out what had actually happened, “Records show the Robinson child died and was buried. The mother vanished after that. The hospital records also show you had two children who appeared to be identical apart from a slight imperfection in one. This has to be the missing twin & they can help each other.”

Christobell spoke, “Normally I do not interfere & if I had done so years ago a lot of anguish and ill feeling would not have happened. I know my husband had affairs with those close to me and even bigamously married my sister. Clara you were lucky not to have a child by him although if he had lived the twins would have had a different father.

“Alex none of us should pressurise you into this. Although my personal feelings are you should do as Chris suggests.” Alexis looked at the three little ones and saw Astrid was awaking.

Alexis, “OK I agree I am the odd one out I look like a girl but I am not so we better fix it.”

Helen,” I will start on Monday as we all need rest after what we have gone through.”

Christobell, “I never thought to look at her name. “Allison Clara Middleham Robinson. That is what her driving license says and the date of birth is the same as Alexis.”

Helen, “Aunt Clara this is your daughter even my daughters all know it.”

Astral, “Mummy are you talking about our new big sister Alison who is sick.”

Alexis, “Yes your mummy has made her better, but she will have to have further treatment until she is fully better.”

“Is she going to stay with us?”

Alex, “Astrid this is one big sister who hopes so and so do all the others. She might need some little sisters to persuade her to stay.”

Rose, Terri and Alice went to see Helen and said, “Miss you know we are still intact would it be possible to make us as Alex is going to be.”

Helen, “Perhaps you all could arrange to drive Alex down in turns, but I also want Allison there. I do not need you all daily but if you take it in turns it should do.” This brought a smile to the three of them.

After a slap up meal the medical team left but replacement nurses arrived with new supplies. Helen gave them instructions, “We are all going to bed now as we are shattered.”

Astrid was first up and brought the nurses a Coca-Cola each. “I am not allowed to make hot drinks & Nana said, you might be needing a drink. Everybody is still asleep and I wanted to keep my big sister company. Will my big sister mind if I get in to bed with her, as it is cold in my bed?

One of the nurses said, “Go on love you probably have the best medicine of all.” All too soon Astrid was asleep cuddled up to Allison. Allison awoke to find a child cuddled up to her.

The Nurse, “You had us all worried & needed a considerable amount of blood.”

“Who is this here?”

“Well she said you are her big sister and had come to keep you warm. She also brought us a Coca-Cola each.”

“Where I am the last I remember was talking to Lady Christobell. I did not tell her my true motives.”

A voice said. “Allison I presume we have a problem to resolve. Allison Middleham I am you twin Alexis & you were stolen as a child from our mother. As you can see even the younger members of the family have accepted you as my sister. I have to tell you though I will have to attend the hospital with you & we will be accompanied by Rose, Alice or Terri.”

“Alexis I did not know myself until a week before I met your Aunt & Cousin. Mum was dying when she told me what she had done. I always wondered why I had it like it was. She asked me to find Clara and explain who I was. I did not expect to find an exact clone of myself.”

“Allison they had to cut off all your clothes & so I have had to find you some of mine, Funny thing is when I buy clothes I always get two of everything. So you can guess what you will be wearing when you fully awake.”

The nurses, “We will help you up and dress and then you can go in the wheel chair on your tour.”

Astrid, “Alexis the nurse said I had the best medicine. I have two of you now to share.”

The twins arrived with Helen. “Oh you are dressed we wanted to help.”

“Yes I have been hearing about the three special nurses who bring get well drinks to people. My nurses got a visit in the early hours from another little nurse with a magic touch. She has only just awaked after looking after me.”

Alexis picked her up, “Allison is still too weak but we can all push her around even the twins if they want.” They did not need a second invitation to take control of the chair.

Allison, “I still need to send my report in to the paper.”

Alex,” I have already done it as it should have been done. Want to read it Allison's column or should I say front page, Second Page and third page. Junior reporter Allison Clara Middleham Robinson was detailed to try and get an interview With Lady Christobell Middleham over her alleged romance with Comedian Ken Diddy. Ken is well known for his extended shows at the Futurist theatre in Scarborough.

Allison, “This is good and correct down to the hospital mum and all the dates.”
Alexis, “We all put some effort into it and decided to tell it as it was. Angela is the best typist while I am the best designer and story teller. The others searched for old photos.”

Allison, “The editor is going to love this.”

Christobell, “I would not worry about the editor.”

Rose “Breakfast is ready.”

“Miss Allison full breakfast or Crumpets with chocolate & a pure orange juice?”

“How did you know?”

“Miss Alexis and the girls all start the day the same way while we mortals eat normal food.”

“Mum always thought I was odd that way but she let me have it from being a child. I am sorry mum I was still thinking of my other mum.”

Just as they were finishing. Rose showed the editor in. He looked around and saw there were only females in the room.
hidden_corner.gif

up
50 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos