Alex & Chris Chapter 53

Printer-friendly version


Alex & Chris
By Sharphawlad

Chapter 53 Sacrifice at Gabes.

Alexis entered the room, “I thought you two might like to see this. George went to Cardiff and there he discovered you two have flown to Tunisia.”

“Mistress I recognise that scene it is from Star wars.”

“That is the Oasis of Gabes watch them dive into the pool & leave their clothing on the water’s edge sir. George & his aids could not find the Empress and kept on trying but the divers where nowhere to be found. They have just vanished.”

The locals, “We keep our clothes on to enter the water or the spirits will take you as a sacrifice. Those who enter naked become one with the spirits.”

One of the men, “Sir I have no attachments if I go in naked my friends can protect me. I have made a will out in case something goes wrong.”

He entered the water and at first nothing happened. Then before his friend’s eyes he appeared to dissolve.

“Well where is he?

“Sir he just melted in front of us and there was nothing left.”

George's phone rang. “Greetings George. I already am on record as saying I do not need human sacrifice, but yet you sent me three human sacrifices.”

“Sir that drink we gave the Marine show him still alive and he appears to be travelling towards the coast at a very fast speed.”

George smiled, “We have her at last, and she has slipped up”

Meanwhile Alexis was talking to the marine. “I had to take the chance it might work.”

“Was that a tracer they put in to my drink just before I dived into the pool?”

“Yes it was but it has been completely flushed out of your body.”
“Endora has decided to have a bit of fun with them and the tracer. We all knew George would never stop looking so we help him a bit. Watch what happens next”.

“The radar is picking up the signal sir it is heading for Washington. It appears to be in the Oval office sir and is not moving.”

By the time George arrived back all he found was a bottle containing Urine.”

“Sir It would appear The Empresses is one move ahead all the time.”

“Hello again George did you find the little present that was left for you. You are a naughty boy trying to catch me out like that. By the way there is no point in trying the oasis again that entrance is sealed up so no more Arabs will vanish. There are gates in your world to my realm but they are only one way so I would not recommend you try. If by design or accident humans male or female find a gate they can never return to your world. Only those heaven born can do that. I can assure you those three you sent me will be well looked after. They though will have to live their lives out here.”

As George was sat in the oval office pondering what to do next. The Red telephone rang.

“Tony here. What the Hell where you doing on our sovereign territory. Her Majesty has just hauled me over the coals for your behaviour. Lord Percy has complained to her Majesty about you going in with all guns blazing and asked if we had become the 52nd state without her knowledge. Apparently your men terrified his grand children who happened to be staying with him. Her Majesty demands a public apology from you and an assurance you will not trample on our sovereign territory again”.

“The French & Tunisians apparently equally miffed. You apparently have been accused of polluting a dessert water source. We know full well the dragon Queen exists. And we have chosen for years to ignore the fact. She usually leaves us alone. It will not be the first time she has decided to help countries out. Her Majesty is also equally miffed that you have been hunting down another monarch. She has informed me unless you cease immediately she will personally sanction action that will be to stop you permanently from hunting down the golden one.”

“Sir is it a good time to speak we have just had messages from China & India. They like the British are equally upset. The EEC fired up by France has already said, “This time George you’re blundering has offended many people’s including your closet allies.”

George gave thought and said to his aid, “Can you contact the palace I apparently have some bridges to build.”

The following day he was off to Britain. As this was an official visit the Royal Party turned up to greet George. Although all seemed well on the surface it was obvious that the British where far from happy.

George, “I apologise most profoundly if I have offended you your Majesty.”

“George when you received help from an unusual source just accept it. Since then you have been searching high and low to locate your source of help. You have offended many people you consider friends. The Empress told you not to search for her, but you still had to. In searching you trampled on many toes. Lord Percy informed me of your visit with your gun totting gangsters. I take exception to you claiming you are making a visit to a military establishment when in fact you intended searching the Yorkshire Dales for the illusive Empress. Lord Percy was more gracious to you than he need be.”

“Ah Lord Percy I thought at first that was where I was going to find the Empress. All I found was a children's amusement park and a flooded valley that apparently has absorbed all that water that flowed up the Humber.”

“George we realised where the water was heading and evacuated all the population in the area. We were lucky that nobody was killed or injured. Even the valley had nobody living in it.”

“Your majesty I personally followed the riverbed for quite a distance from the Valley and talked to some people who had watched the wave flow up the valley. I still find it hard to believe that you managed to clear the entire area without loss of life.”

“George we did although we wondered if we had evacuated enough areas. There was some scouring of the riverbanks and it was widened in some areas, but even we were surprised when it petered out where it did. We expected it to flood Hull and some of the other towns & it was quite a problem moving all the people we had to”

“Your majesty I gather the Chinese and the Indians are either building new temples or repairing them. Apparently you have one of the oldest temples in the world.”

“Ah you mean Stonehenge which is dedicated to the Empress. After much consultation we have decided to replace the missing stones and bring them from the original site.”

“Please tell me how far away the Empress is?”

“George you still do not understand do you? It does not matter where you are she is with you all the time. She will only appear in moments of danger. To search is a waste of time. My people tried long ago and it was to no avail. Now we turn a blind eye to any odd reports we get. Yes we occasionally get reports of dragons flying over Wales. But they can never be substantiated. The People of the Isle of Man will all tell you they place saucers of Glucose for the fairy people. Same across Ireland you would all think they all had their pet leprechauns. The Dales have Giants & Cornwall has Pixies.”

“I personally met Giant Rombald he had some looters under his arms.”

“Rombald is very shy and so you where very lucky to meet him. Not many see him a second time. You do realise the old name for Britain was the Haunted Isles. There was a good reason for that name. The ancient Celts realised they shared the islands with beings that only appeared occasionally. The Romans also came to the same conclusion. When they realised some of their gods made more appearances here than anywhere else in the world they also built temples dedicated to those gods.”

“Personally I think that many of the people of these isles are probably related to the ancient gods without realising it. If you look at it logically there must have been some interaction between the two groups. If I ever need help I know they will be there for me, but even I do not know where they vanish. The Empress has a far superior espionage system than either of us & she is in all probability watching you now. Now how about that apology. I am afraid though it will have to be televised for the benefit of the European nations and India & China.

George went on his knees and placed his bowed head in the Hands of the Queen. “I apologise most sincerely for trying to trace the Empress.”

Alexis exchanged places with Elizabeth, “George now I have your life in my hands. I could If I wish take it and many people around the world would be very pleased. I am not going to do that. You showed me you are resourceful and determined. Perhaps a little naive but you still where determined to find me again. Well now you have and I have my hands round your throat. For now your country needs you, but I promise you will see me again once you no longer are president. As you have placed your life in my hands. I will mark you so all will know that only I can ever take your life.”

George noticed Dragons with crowns appeared on his wrists. “They will be with you always.”

George left Britain. Try as he might the marks would never leave his skin.

One of the aids, “Sir I have been checking up and the ancients used to brand their children and partners. The Empress she has marked you as if you where one of her children. Possibly sir she is thinking perhaps you have been playing the universal policeman far too long.”

George looked at the calendar and marked the days to the end of his presidency. He spoke to his wife about his thoughts.

“George some times you are a nitwit how on earth you became the president beats me. If she comes to take you then she will also have to take me. I am not bothered if it is Heaven or Hell so long as we are together.”

“Dear I do not know if we can be together much longer. Perhaps you noticed the Changes to my body and they were happening to me long before the Empress came on the scene so she is not to blame for them.”

“What wife could not notice how you have been changing this last term? Up to know you have done a good job of hiding the changes especially as you have been busy with Iraq.”

“I Think I had better prepare everything so that you and my sister can use my estate.”

George decided he might as well get all the documentation he would need for his new personality. He found it was easier to have Miss Bush added to the existing documents.

“Well darling I have had my sister added to all our accounts. At least I can vanish from sight and still be around.”

Angela had been watching his tactics, “When are you collecting those two Alexis.”

“Not yet we will see how he makes out as a female. I doubt though that either of them will stray from each other as they are still very much in love.”

up
37 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos