Laird Robert William of Kinkavel Chapter 1

Printer-friendly version


Laird Robert William of Kinkavel
By Sharphawlad

Chapter 1 A new king for Pomerania

Laird Robert William of Kinkavell was looking through the mail that had recently been delivered to his address by the post lady. Most of it was junk mail and went immediately for recycling.

One letter stood out from the rest as it was embossed with a crown. The letter was postmarked the Royal Palace Pomerania. Robert William carefully opened the letter. He reread it carefully and then read it again. Then Robert went to his computer to look for the College of Heralds. He telephones the number shown and was put through to the York Herald.

The York Herald spoke, “I presume you are the same Robert William that the Government of Pomerania has been looking for and asked us to help them find you.”

“This morning I received a letter informing me I was the King of Pomerania. My first thought was that it was somebody having a joke at my expense. Although according to my mother’s half cousin we have the Duke of Leeds and the Lords of Bingley and Kildwick in our ancestors on my maternal line. On my father’s maternal line we have a connection to William Fons Earl of Albemarle Lord of Skipton and Scarbourgh Castles.”

“Oh we did not check on that. By any chance was your grandmother surname Stott before she got married to your Grandfather?”

“Yes Annie father John mother Lavinia.”

“Do you mind if I come across to your home. I can be with you in an hour as at the moment I am at St Johns York.”

“Sure that is ok I have most of my family tree on the computer although there are a few question marks on some.”

The York Herald telephoned the remaining heralds. He instructed them to bring their laptops and all their computer information and that they were to use RAF helicopters to get them to the ancient market town in North Yorkshire. The RAF was surprised but the request had come from the Royal Heralds and so had to be acted upon.

Very soon after the whirling of blades could be heard as RAF helicopters began to land in the grounds of nearby St Monica’s convent. Most of the neighbours came out to see what was going on. The Heralds were dressed in their official uniform. They waited until all were present and then they walked the short distance to the home of Laird Robert. They rang the door bell that played Rule Brigantia. A female answered the door.

“Welcome gentlemen to our home. Would you all like a drink of coffee or Tea? I was just about to put the kettle on for us a drink and make a few sandwiches.”

In London the flight of the Royal heralds was noticed by the staff at the Pomerania Embassy. The Ambassador who was a tall lady with bright red hair and green eyes spoke to her secretary. “Can you get me a flight to Leeds Bradford and then arrange for a limo to take me to the king’s residence. It might be a good idea to ring my sisters at the German, Swedish and Polish Embassy’s’ and ask if they wish to send a representative.”

At Heathrow Airport she was driven to Terminal 5. It was an internal British Airways flight to Leeds Bradford Airport. As requested her sisters arrived at Heathrow and boarded the same flight. At Leeds Bradford Airport a limo was driven on to the Airport and collected her from the VIP lounge along with representatives of three other countries...

Meanwhile Robert was chatting away to the Herald. “I did not realise that Pomerania had broken away from Sweden, Poland and Germany and had once again become a country in its own right. My late grandmother used to tell me stories of how there once had been a Queen of Pomerania and her title normally pass to her eldest daughter and if there was no daughter then to her eldest son. She also told me of places called Stettin and Gdansk.”

Roberts reminiscing was brought to a halt by gentle tapping on the door. He answered it himself. “Come in Mother these gentlemen are the Royal Heralds I telephoned them earlier because of this letter.”

“Oh the stories mother used to tell us there was some truth in after all. Everybody is wondering what is going on. We were in the front room when we heard the sound of helicopters. We got informed that men in strange costumes had gone into your home Robert.”

The Royal heralds stood up and bowed. The York herald offered his seat.
“If this letter is correct then the Crown Princess Charlotte Louise and babies are on the way here. As you appear to be getting rather over crowded here perhaps you would be better coming down to my home as we have a bit more space for your guests.”

As they walked the short distance Robert noticed his father putting road cones out. “I thought I had better put these out as others of the family are on their way here.”

The York Herald spoke, “Whilst on my way here I received a text informing me that the representatives of three countries are accompanying the Pomeranian Ambassador."

Just then three cars pulled up. The first contained Roberts’s brother David and wife along with their two grand children the second contained David’s daughter Jessica, husband and child. The third car contained Roberts eldest cousin Brenda and her Grand Children.

Brenda took one look and said, “Oh we will not stop.”

Robert spoke, “Brenda I think you had better stay as I wish you to hear what is about to be said.”

The York herald was about to speak when there was a knock on the door. On the doorstep stood four females. The Pomeranian representative spoke, “The lady at number four said you were down at number twelve.”

David asked the heralds, “Would you would mind helping me down stairs with some chairs from the bedroom?”

As David and the Heralds brought the chairs downstairs the front door opened and two children ran in. One was a boy and the other a girl. The little girl launched herself at Robert. He caught her and she sat on his knees looking at all the people in the room. “Grandpa who are all these people?”

“Ladies and Gentlemen this is my granddaughter Elsie Grace. I presume I should have said Princess Elsie Grace as I understand her mother is now the Crown Princess of Pomerania.”

“Grandpa should I not have a little crown like all Princesses have?”

The Pomeranian representative smiled. “I just happen to have one suitable for a very young princess of Pomerania.” She took out of her bag a small tiara and placed it on the head of Princess Elsie Grace.

Princess Elsie Grace got off her grandpas knee and walked round the room. She then got back to her Grandfather and did a curtsy. "Permission king grandpa to get back on your knee?”

The York herald and his companions had been looking at Robert’s family tree.
“Well there is no doubt Sire that as from now you are Konig of Pomerania. The young Princess Elsie Grace who is sat on your knee will one day be Queen herself.”

The Herald turned to Robert’s mother. Madam the title normally passes down the female line however considering your age of 90 the Government of Pomerania decided that the position should be passed on to your eldest son and then to his daughter and granddaughter.”

One of the other heralds was looking at the computer screen and uttered. “Oh my God.”

The German representative looked at the same screen and she immediately telephoned a number in Bavaria. “They are not all dead as we thought. It appears that the new Konig of Pomerania has a much larger claim than we all first thought.”

The Pomeranian representative went down on her knees. “Sire whilst we represent our respective countries we all also represent others who are not from our countries.”

Robert smiled and looked at the ladies. “Sisters all very tall with red hair and green eyes. Yes I know full well what you all are and about those you also represent. Please will all males except the York herald leave this room? I need a discussion with these ladies."

“Well ladies or should I say Valkeries. I presume you also represent the Ancient people of the Haunted Isles?"

The York herald looked up and smiled. “Sire your family tree is more interesting than I first thought.”

up
138 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Intriguing tree

Podracer's picture

Now we really have to see?

"Reach for the sun."