Mercy Chapter 2

Printer-friendly version

Mercy Chapter 2

Matthew sipped at the water the nurse had brought her, blushing as she did so.

“I can't believe I fainted.”

“Well, you had a big enough shock.”

A nurse came into the room at that moment, and began to check Mathew for her vital signs.

Once the nurse was done, a doctor came in, and said, “It looks like you are good to go, from a physical standpoint. But I want you to be careful for the next few weeks at least, and come in if you have any troubles. I am also concerned about your ability to handle the change you just went through. You are going to need to talk to someone, to help you ... adjust.”

Mrs. Carson said, “I will arrange that when we get to Whately. But for now, I would like to introduce you to my assistant, Talia Allan.”

She waved at the door, and in came a young woman dressed like a secretary, with a business skirt, blouse, and jacket in a light grey color.

She was holding a bag of popcorn, and held it out to Matthew.

“Want some? It's fresh from downstairs.”

Matthew shrugged, and took a handful.

Mrs. Carson said, “Talia, I have to go back to the school. Will you help our new student get some clothes and something to eat before she has to go for powers training.”

“My pleasure. Umm ... what do I call you?”

“I ... my name is Matthew.”

“You might wanna consider changing that, now that you are a girl. But for now, how about I call you Mattie.”

“I ... okay, I guess.”

“Well, Mattie. I brought with me a few things, just so you can go to the caf without having to do so in your hospital gown. You wanna try them on?”

Matthew blushed as she realized how much of her was exposed in the hospital gown.

“Not ... not girly stuff, I hope.”

“No way. You just changed, you need time to adjust before you try dresses and stuff. Here. I got a pair of jogging pants, a sweat top, and the most non frilly undies I could find. Your top presents a bit of a problem, though ...”

“Why is that?”

“Your wings. I brought some things, but it would help to know how much your wings fold up.”

Matthew concentrated, and her wings vanished.

“Whoa, cool! They ... turned into a tattoo on your back!”

“I ... just wanted them out of the way. I guess that means they aren't energy, like I thought.”

“I would guess they are magic. But they will find out when they test you.”

“I am kinda scared of being tested.”

“Don't blame you. But its needed, and it's not that bad.”

“I guess ...”

“Come on. Get dressed. You need some real food, and for a hospital, this place has a pretty good cafeteria.”

Talia handed Matthew the clothes, and then left the room. Matthew struggled into the underwear, then the jeans and the socks. He then looked at the bra.

“It won't bite you, dear.” He heard his mom in his head say.

“Do I have to wear one?”

“Trust me, dear. Its for the best.”

Matthew sighed, and then struggled into the bra. Once it was in place she slipped the sweattop on, pushed her feet into the shoes, and went to the door.

Talia was waiting for her, and took her by the arm down to the elevator, and down to the cafeteria.

Once they both had ordered and sat down, Talia began talking. Very soon, Matthew was talking too, and within a few minutes she felt like she and Talia had been friends forever.

Then as Talia was telling her a funny story about a fairy girl who caused all kinds of trouble at the school, Matthew giggled.

“Nice Giggle.” Talia said.

“I didn't ... I did, didn't I?”

Talia nodded.

“But ... boys don't giggle!”

“And you are a girl, now, so you are allowed.”

“But I have only been a girl for less than a day, I shouldn't be girly, should I?”

Talia shrugged. “Maybe your change changed your brain to be more feminine as it changed your body. Or maybe you always had a bit of a girl in you, waiting to come out.”

Matthew*s mother said “She might have a point, hon. You ... were not the most manly of boys. I caught you in my makeup or clothes more than once when you were little.”

“I ... don't remember that. I really did that?”

“Yes, dear. you really did.”

“Hey, you okay?” Talia asked.

“I was ... talking to my mom, in my head. She was saying I dressed up in her clothes as a little kid.”

“You have your mom in your head? Like an spirit?”

“Not quite. Somehow I made a copy of her mind with my telepathy.”

“That has gotta be a little awkward.”

“I guess so. But at least she's helping me cope with all this stuff.”

At that moment, Mrs. Carson came into the cafeteria, and went up to Matthew.

“Dear, I'm sorry, but I have bad news for you. Your father has been taken to the hospital. It’s ... he is dying. And he wants to see you before he dies.”

******

up
343 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Longer is better

Domoviye's picture

but still good stuff. When can we expect chapter 3?

Well, how much more

Well, how much more complicated can it get for our new Mattie/Matthew? Will her/his father reject her/him on his own death bed? Or will there be more revelations coming from him to his new daughter? Waiting impatiently for the next chapter.

Oh! OH! OH! I know...

.... Tink is Mattie's cousin! LOL I hope things start to get easier for Mattie , and soon!

No

Domoviye's picture

although since I do work with other fanfic writers, I'm open to the idea.

err ... no.

but you will have to wait to see the explanation for her wings

DogSig.png

Oh noe's! Da is dying? But how?

Come now Mattie dear, we'll get through this together! (Talia Huggles the new girl).(Nurse Talia to the rescue! :P). Talia Snuggle Huggles Dorothy!

wow talk about it sucks to be

wow talk about it sucks to be matthew, he loses his mom has a gender change and now his dad is dying, what next he gets hit by a bus on the way to see his dad

no buses planned

things will get better for her, promise

DogSig.png

She has her Mom for an advisor,

so right off things aren't that bad. Mattie is going to have some interesting times. I mean, how many people can fly? That by itself would be uber cool.

Maybe her Dad didn't do it?

One Two

Tas's picture

One right after the next huh? That's really gotta suck for Matthew. Hopefully everything goes better than expected.

-Tas

Deathbed scene

Podracer's picture

Is going to be awkward, is there blame? Forgiveness? And how much of his own, er, girl will Mom let Mattie be? A copied mind perhaps, and giving good advice, one can hope there is a facsimile of love as well, enough to let a daughter follow her own destiny.

"Reach for the sun."

Mom wont override Matt

she can make suggestions, but all the choices belong to Matt herself.

DogSig.png

Ahhh...

Jamie Lee's picture

Another chapter.

The testing won't be too bad? Which part? It's never "too bad" if you never are tested.

Mattie does have more ahead of her. As in more chapters, please. Need to learn more about Mattie.

Others have feelings too.

owh touchy!!

(Pardon my english please)
Wonder what will her mom will say when Mattie meet her father. And more her male-female changes. on top of that her father reaction finding out her mom is in her head. Very intriguing. ;)

Mom in mind

Raine Monday's picture

Hate to think of the awkwardness when she does get involved with someone. I love the idea of the wing tattoos, too! Enjoying this.

Enjoying this though I feel

Enjoying this though I feel the personalty intros were abbreviated too much..

alissa