Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 379.

Printer-friendly version

Easy As Falling Down A Category 4.
by: Angharad
part: 379.

jaguar_xkseries_xkconvertible_2009_165x82.jpg

"When do I get to see the new phallic symbol, then?"

"What?" asked Simon.

"The Jag."

"Phallic symbol? What's that supposed to mean? I thought you of all people would know that."

"I was joking, Si, here let me kiss your ego better."

"The smirk on your face tend to suggest you are taking the urine."

"Who, moi?" I pretended to be aghast at his suggestion. "Je suis mortified!"

"What?"

"It's Franglais, don't interrupt when I'm thinking."

"Sorry," he paused for a moment, "What!"

I sniggered, "Some days Si, you can be awfy thick."

"You sound like Oor Wullie*.

"Aye hen,..."

"Nae, that's The Broons*," he sniggered.

"We used to get both at Christmas from my Scottish grandmother. I loved them as a kid, now I prefer Calvin and Hobbes."

"That boy is positively sick, a born sociopath if ever there was one."

"If you don't like it why do you read them?" I asked.

"Because you have several of them and they are easy reading when going to bed."

"Have you taken some up to London?" I thought I had more than the few on the shelf at Tom's.

"I'm pleading the fifth, on account that any answer might incriminate me."

"We don't have a fifth amendment, so how can you plead it?"

"It's a free country, I can do what I want."

"This is true, but we don't have a written constitution, so it follows case law."

"So?"

"So you can't plead it."

"You're saying that means you are depriving me of a right I should have under the human rights act."

"What are you on about?"

"It is depriving me and thus contrary to the human rights act."

"The human rights act, I always thought was designed to protect all the people in Europe, enable security of a home, work, family and religious worship."

"You don't vote then?"

"Is that covered too?"

"I'd have thought so, otherwise we are in trouble."

"Don't do politics," I sighed.

"Not on the grand scale we do in Westminster but otherwise you seem very political, from your bloody Guardian, to your choice of clothing.

"My clothing?"

"Yes, your Che Guevara tee shirt."

"Wearing a Che tee shirt doesn't make me a rebel, nor revolting."

"Revolting?"

"The peasants are revolting."

"Not that old chestnut!" he shook his head.

"Sorry, but I thought you went peasant shooting."

"Much as I'd like to, I resist the urge. I don't even shoot pheasants nowadays."

"Thats the ones, pheasants," I squealed and Simon winced.

"I don't think Che Guevara was into saving pheasants, unless it was for dinner tomorrow. Besides what has it got to do with the price of dormice?"

"Simon, Che Guevara wasn't a dormouse, I have proof of that."

"Incontrovertible scientific evidence."

"Erm? Not entirely, but photos of his body after he was shot by the Bolivian police."

"So it should show his hairy tail?"

"At the risk of sounding indelicate, wouldn't the hairy dangly bit, be something other than a tail?"

"Does the photo show that?" he looked almost horrified.

"Not as far as I know, wouldn't it be a Che too far?"

He groaned, "I have to go, I'll pick you up at tea time, be ready."

"Why can't I come home now."

"Mr Gordon originally said he'd check you tomorrow, I said I wanted to take you for a short holiday. He agreed it would be okay, he would organise a discharge note in case you were taken ill in France."

"He doesn't think that does he, 'cos if so, I'd rather stay home."

"No, he's just covering every eventuality."

"Have you really bought a Jaguar?"

"Would I lie to you?"

"Can I take that fifth amendment..."

(* Oor Wullie and The Broons, are comic strips in The Sunday Post, a Scottish newspaper.)

05Dolce_Red_l_0.jpg

up
159 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Och, the nostalgia, Hen!

You've juist ta'en me back tae when I was a wain in Scotland. Ah wiz raised on the Broons and Oor Wullie, and sadly I don't see them so often these days.

Thanks for the nostalgia, (or do I mean neuralgia?) Ang, ma wee hen. A delightful banterful Cathy/Simonsode.

Hugs,
Gabi

Gabi.


“It is hard for a woman to define her feelings in language which is chiefly made by men to express theirs.” Thomas Hardy—Far from the Madding Crowd.

I Juust Love Seeng Those Two Banter

They bring our the best and worst in each other. No wonder they are in love. Now to see Cathy organize the students to carry on her work.
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

The Fifth!!!!

Guess you folks over there want it too... :-) Maybe we did SOMETHING right over here in the colonies (besides produce gas). :-)

Thanks,
Annette

Trust me

There's a lot of gas produced in the U.K. ;-)

KJT

"Being a girl is wonderful and to torture someone into that would be like the exact opposite of what it's like. I don’t know how anyone could act that way." College Girl - poetheather


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

I'm Glad!

That Cathy's getting to be with Simon again.

This community centre computer access is OK: the price is right. i.e., free but the downside is that I have to listen to some old goat giving violin lessons to some unfortunate child in the next room. From the sound of it, the child's violin must have genuine catgut strings and the cat's not dead yet! [Sigh!]

Yours from the Great White North,

Jenny Grier (Mrs.)

x

Yours from the Great White North,

Jenny Grier (Mrs.)

I know that feeling

Angharad's picture

I used to rent a room to do counselling and had a violin teacher in the room across the hall doing vivisection from the noises that emanated therefrom.

Angharad

Angharad

First time i heard the peasant bit...

Was in "History of the World Part 1" by Mel Brooks. : Count de Monet: It is said that the people are revolting. King Louis XVI: You said it! They stink on ice!


I wear this crown of thorns
Upon my liar's chair
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair

Quite a step up from a Saab

We were revolting, look at how well it's worked out for us . you can actually take the Fifth, or drink one, up to you.
Speaking of fifths, nice to see Simon has cut back drastically on his consumption.
I hope the British phallic symbol (made by Ford) is a drop top, so Cathy can feel the wind blowing through her hair, as they drive through the Chunnel on the way to France.