Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 263

Printer-friendly version

Easy As Being A Cat.
by Bonzi >@@<
part 263.

My eyes were straining to stay open as I tried to play the last game of solitaire. I really had to go back to the hotel to sleep and I had to drive there to do it. If I got any more dozy, I was in danger of having an accident. I glanced at my watch, it was after ten, the nurse must have forgotten I was there.

I closed down the laptop, and with it my winning streak of ten. Stella must have heard the click of the box as I folded it up.

"Who's there?" she gasped.

"It's okay Stella, it's me, Cathy."

"Oh Cathy, you frightened me."

"I'm sorry, Sis, I was just packing up my old lappie."

"You're not going are you?"

"I have to darling, it's after ten."

"Can't you stay longer?" she began to cry.

I was too tired to argue, "Okay, don't cry, I'll stay a bit longer."
I sat back down and pulled out my mobile and sent a text to Simon advising him where I was and why.

About ten minutes later I had one back from him. 'Ok sta as lng as u wnt. Tlk l8a. S xxx.'

"Was that my brother?"

"Yep, he's okay with me staying a bit longer."

"He's a brick."

"I hope you said brick then," I smiled at her.

"You know damn well I did."

"Just checkin' Stella, just checkin'."

"You're a wicked woman, Catherine."

"Have you only just noticed?"

Her response was to poke out her tongue; at this I laughed and of course it brought in the nurse.

"How come you are still here? Visiting finished two hours ago."

"I asked her to stay," volunteered Stella.

"I'm sorry, but you'll have to go," said the nurse, which I understood.

"I want her to stay." Stella voiced her demand loudly.

"I'm sorry Lady Cameron but she can't, it's against all sorts of rules and you know it."

"I don't care, I want her to stay."

"I'll come in tomorrow, Stella."

"I'm going to complain," Stella was now on her high horse.

"I wouldn't if I were you Sis, the nurse is quite right and she's allowed us a generous overlap."

I pulled on my coat and picked up my belongings and after hugging Stella 'goodnight', and thanking the nurse, I trudged out the corridor.

The nurse walked with me, "It's about fire regs and things, it's only ICU and the children's wards they allow relatives to stay."

"It's okay, I do understand, I'm pretty tired myself anyway. Thanks for letting me stay this long. Stella did get some rest, she is so anxious after her ordeal."

"I forgot you were in there, maybe I'll forget a bit tomorrow too."

"Thanks, see you tomorrow then." I bid her as I walked back to my car. The parking ticket had expired about an hour before, but thankfully no one had nicked me for it. The car park was practically empty and felt quite eerie. Just a month or so before I had been a patient in this hospital myself, how strange life is.

I got in the car, clicked down the locks and sent another text to Simon, saying I was on my way back. He sent one back pretending he'd just got rid of the chamber maid. He should be so lucky, but as I drove back, I supposed he'd considered it a response to my 'room service' joke earlier. Now I'd have to think of something even better to top that one.

It kept me amused and awake until I parked up at the hotel and made my way up in the lift to our suite.

"How is Stella?" was his opening remark.

"Well that's nice I'm very well thank you," I scowled at him.

"Yeah, okay, sorry about that, hello sweetheart." He wrapped me in an enormous hug and I held him tightly. He thought about letting me go several times but I held on to him. At that moment I just wanted him to hold me forever.

After several minutes I relaxed my grip, and he said quietly, "Better?"

"Thank you, I needed that." I replied.

"Want something to eat or have you eaten?"

"I've gone past that. I had a KitKat in the car on the way back."

"Let's go to bed then, you never know, it could be your lucky night."

"I do know Simon, so please don't tease me."

"I've been thinking about that and maybe I've been a bit rigid...."

I interrupted him by laughing, "At times you have lover, but I was quite happy with it. Quite a handful!" I laughed again.

"Erm yes, I didn't quite mean that." He was blushing like a heat lamp.

"I hate to say this Si, but I am too bloody tired. Can we just go to bed and cooch, as they say in Wales."

"Sounds good to me," there was almost a relief in his voice. Had I let him off the hook of breaking his promise? Probably but I was so tired if he had done anything he'd have been poking a dead fire, I would definitely have lain back and thought of England.

I washed and cleaned my teeth, then slipped on my nightdress and got into bed. Simon somehow had beaten me, but that meant the bed was warm. I kissed him and then presented my back to him, he cuddled into the back of me and his left hand caressed my left breast.

"How was Stella?" he asked.

"Covered in bruises and very frightened. She slept most of the time I was there. Part of me thinks she'd be better off back at Tom's with me. At least she'd have me with her most of the time and Kiki would be around too. She may feel safer, if not we'll have to hire someone to stand guard."

"Wow, that's a quantum leap for you, hiring someone!"

"Well, I got some money from my mother's estate, I was going to use it to buy my wedding dress but if we need to hire someone to make Stella feel safe, sobeit."

"You'd do that for Stella?"

"If necessary yes."

"I love you, Cathy Watts, sorry, Lady Catherine."

"You're not too bad yourself, Simon wassisname."

He kissed me on the back of my neck and it made everything down to my toes tingle. I yawned and although tired perhaps regretted turning him down. I knew however, that if I made overtures now, he'd avoid them. I nearly did just out of badness, then found it was more fitting to stay quiet and I slipped into sleep in his arms.

I must have zonked because I woke up at nearly ten o'clock and Simon had long left for work. My stomach rumbled, I hadn't eaten anything very much for about twenty hours and felt full of wind. I made some tea with the room facilities and ate a couple of the biscuits they leave with the tea making stuff. It helped and I was glad I was on my own as my body released the gas in a series burps and farts while I was in the shower.

I dried off, a towel round my head and my bathrobe on, and sat down in a chair in the bedroom. I swear I only closed my eyes for two ticks, but when I opened them, it was nearly twelve noon.

up
136 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

It's Great Seing Stella Again

She sure does need and trust Cathy, it was so sweet seeing how much she was like a frightened little girl needing her Mum. With Cathy's help, Stella will soon be back in action, but will her ordeal dampen her spirit or cause her to be a bit reckless when she and Cathy once again save the day? Stella needs to see a therapist about what she went through and will need Cathy there for support. Still, i can see Stella falling for Tom and I think Simon and her Dad would approve.
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

She's Back!

It **is** good to see Stella again.

Sorry I haven't been able to post in a while -- as I said before, my computer is down (probably dead)and I have to go to a community centre to use the public facilities. Well, that, too, but I meant the computer. [Sigh!]

Yours from the Great White North,

Jenny Grier (Mrs.)

x

Yours from the Great White North,

Jenny Grier (Mrs.)

Amaizing what exhaustion will...

...do. That was a sweet/nice episode. Thank you Bonzi. You tell that lady that feeds you we like these episodes every now and again! Maybe you'll let her write some other stuff, when you're not busy with the computer that is.

Thanks,
Annette

Stella really needs to see a

Stella really needs to see a counselor after her ordeal. Cathy just might have the right idea of getting Stella back home and being with her and Tom and Simon. Familiar and safe settings will do wonders for her frame of mind. I am very glad to see Stella starting to be more herself, like when she wanted the nurse to let Cathy stay longer.
J-Lynn

Stella

Hasn't heard Cathy's side. I suspect there will come accounting for certain dicks, er, police. Maybe not, but then again.

She should ask the Nursing

She should ask the Nursing Sister for a cot for the room. You can do this at most hospitals in the US( I think) with a private room.
Stella is still terrified, poor kid

Cefin