Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 215

Printer-friendly version

It's seven o clock, I'm going to get up and shower and get my shopping done. I wonder if Stella wants anything? I must check if that Russian woman is still in custody, maybe I could get her a present if she is. I wonder how I find out?

I showered and dressed, as I did so Simon discovered I was no longer in bed. "What are you doing up?"

Easy As Falling Off A Bike
by Angharad, dialogue coaching by Bonzi Cat.
part 215.

It was Saturday morning the shops would be heaving with just three more days to spend money before Christmas. It was all so stupid. Okay so it's nice to celebrate a religious festival if that's your bag, or a pagan one, or just a family time, but do we have to spend like money's going out of fashion?

We have a culture where is seems success is measured by the amount you can waste. Given that half the world subsists on less food than is needed for good health, the Western system of opulence is indefensible.

It makes me weep that all the great religions promote charity and generosity to those in need, so why are there still people dying of hunger or dirty drinking water? Simple, our greed.

Okay, so greed may have some biological origins but humans have taken it to new heights. We are the only species, as far as we know, with the ability to forecast the future. I don't mean a la Mystic Meg, but rather climate change, pollution, disease epidemiology that sort of thing, so instead of trying to make things better for everyone, we grab as much as we can for ourselves.

I know I'm a hypocrite being paid a good salary for doing very little for a bank, plus I could be marrying into the family which controls said bank, so I can afford to be critical of others, I'm alright Jack!

Actually I'm not, my conscience is in turmoil. Here I am lying in bed with the man I love, yet I'm not sure I believe in the same system he does. It could lead to difficulties between us, which obviously I don't want but I don't know how to broach the subject with him.

I don't know what's the matter with me, I've been awake half the night. My miseries about not having children continued after dinner and after bedtime too. Then I got an attack of ethics, that was an hour ago. Since then I've been sat up in bed watching Simon sleep.

It seems ironic that he is such a good man but that he works for a system which leeches assets from the poor to pay the obscenely rich even more. I don't know what to think anymore.

Maybe it's the hormones or lack of them which are screwing with my head. My boobs are getting smaller too, thank goodness the surgery is only a week or so away. If my voice breaks or I start growing a beard I shall shoot myself. More things to worry about.

Simon looks so peaceful sleeping, he's actually stopped snoring since I put my hand over his mouth, he nearly choked. As my hand was cold, I'm surprised he didn't wake, but he didn't, he rolled over on to his side. I cuddled down into his back. I now wear tight control panties to bed, so we don't have any more misunderstandings, that was so awful I thought I'd lost him.

I suppose I could go for a ride on my bike, except it is probably icy and I don't want to get my bike all salty from the roads. It takes ages to clean it. I have to do some shopping, get some food and the stuff for my dad.

I decided some cakes and soups, plus a bottle of Glenfiddich or one of those expensive malt whiskies. I have my new dress to wear and presents to wrap for the others.

My plan is to go to Bristol on Christmas eve, see Daddy first thing on Christmas morning and then drive down here to cook dinner in the evening.

I seem to have sent fewer cards than usual and received fewer, I must pop into my room and see if there's anything there. I must clear it out and give it back to the university, I suppose there are others who could make use of it.

It's seven o clock, I'm going to get up and shower and get my shopping done. I wonder if Stella wants anything? I must check if that Russian woman is still in custody, maybe I could get her a present if she is. I wonder how I find out?

I showered and dressed, as I did so Simon discovered I was no longer in bed. "What are you doing up?"

"Couldn't sleep," I said and yawned.

"Why not, you're not worried about anything are you?"

"Yeah, Christmas is getting to me."

"Why?" he patted the bed, "Come and talk to me about it."

"I have so much buzzing around my head Si, that if I stop it will escape like a swarm of killer bees."

"I'll take my chances," he patted the bed again, "Come on babes, come and talk to me."

"I haven't got time Si, there is so much to do."

"Like what?"

"Shopping, the food has to be got you know. The house has to be cleaned, the laundry has to be done, I have to make some cakes and soup for my dad. It's just too much."

"Have you got everything you need for the hospital, I mean your stay?"

"Yes, I think so. Tom came with me yesterday before the dormouse freefall competition."

"Do you think she came looking for you?"

"I don't know, who knows what goes on in the mind of a dormouse?"

"It's a nice thought though, isn't it?"

"Of course it is, she is like a pet with me and one or two of the other regulars, she gets fed regularly by us and so associates us with food and safety.

"Do you kill them to examine their brains and guts and things?"

"Certainly not, they are protected, although we could get around that if we needed to. Most of the measurements we take are weight or activity, we can also get some info from their urine or faeces, or even taking a tiny amount of blood."

"Take blood from a dormouse?"

"Yeah, it's fiddly and a drop to us is a legful to them."

"I suppose it is. Look Stella tells me you were broody yesterday."

"Stella has a big mouth."

"I understand, and we can always adopt kids if you want some, from babies if you want to do the whole motherhood thing."

"You make it sound as if we can buy the kids off a supermarket shelf."

"No, I don't mean it like that, but let's face it, we could offer children a great deal."

"Money perhaps, but otherwise we're both out all day working. That's hardly going to be looked at sympathetically by an adoption agency. My past may also be a problem."

"We can get some advice if you want?"

"Simon, I'm really pleased you are happy to talk about it, but not today, please, I have too much to do. I have to go sweetheart." I went to stand up but he moved quickly and pulled me on top of him on the bed.

"Let me go, you big lump," I shouted at him.

He rolled over on top of me and kissed me. "I wuv you Wady Caffrin," he said kissing me. I just collapsed in tears and laughter.

"What are you crying for?" he asked stroking my face.

"I don't know. I seem to be so emotional since I stopped taking the Premarin."

"Ah, you are menopausal equivalent, for a few more days. It screws loads of women up, don't worry about it, you'll feel better soon."

"Gee thanks, maybe you should try it sometime."

"Sure Cathy, I always wanted boobs and a big arse."

"I don't have a big bum do I?"

"Yeah, it's huge. Any bigger and you'll need planning permission to go out of the house."

"It's not is it," I felt myself blush and tears weren't far away.

"Of course it's not, you have a perfect bum." He held me tight while I sobbed in his arms.

"Who'd have believed you could get cold turkey from stopping hormones?" Simon shook his head, "Women, I'll never understand them."

up
156 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Simon

Very good set Angharad. At leasdt Simon is tryuibg, and she didn't even have to slap him upside the haid.

LOL

The last line >>Simon shook his head, "Women, I'll never understand them."<< WONDERFUL!

Thanks for the episode where simon tries to understand. :-)

Oh Simon!

If Cathy gets moody enough maybe she will force fem Simon into being a girl -- in her dreams at least.

I wonder, she's off the Premarin and she says her breasts are smaller and she's been having erections again. Is that likely to happen so quickly? Maybe her bits are not as useless as she thinks. She should have them test for any volitile sperm before her surgery. If they can save some and concentrate it I think Stell might agree to be the egg doner and surogate for Cathy and Simon -- via invitro to maxmize the chance of feritlization -- as that is likely the closest they can get to having their own child.

A child conceived that way would be much like Simon's own genetically. It also might fix any lingering sorrow Stella has over her abortion and so far failure to find a man and settle down. She loves her carrer but I notice she has some pain/regrets in this area. She sees Cathy's desparately wanting what Stella all but throw away.

The Tanya Allen ending -- Cathy was realy a GG girl and jsut needed surgury to hook up he plumbing -- is a possiblity my Disnefied brain longs for but even the most realistic path, the adoption angle is a good one. Cathy is far more maternal than she will admit. She just needs to learn to delgate, like Tom as done to her with the mamamal survey.

Terrif stuff.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Withdrawal sysmptomes

Dear Jiohn,
I think you have the right suspicion of the withdrawal effects. But at the same time the feeling that Cathy has might be right. During the first period of HRT there is a constant growth of the breasts until they have reached the genetically determined size. However, this is the result of constant hormonal preassure. When this preassure is removed there is no real growth of the breast and this might be felt as if the size of the brest would decrease. The mood swings might be another thing. According to my own and others experience the mood swings that occur mostly during the start of the estrogen treatment will occur again, but mostly just one or two times during this medication-pause. Finally the "risc" of unwanted erigation: This is to a great extent depending on the way the anti-testosterone effect is accomplished. Here I can only build on my own expereince as I have not read any descriptions from others. I had this made by injections of a substance that stoped the signalling from the brain to the testes. That was an oily suspension that gave a kind of depot under my skin. The effect of that was suficient for about one month, and the effect then dropped slowly, so I had some anti-T effect close to the very operation.
Ginnie

GinnieG

Re: LOL

Yes, Annette, that was a great last line! Another line I loved was:

I know I'm a hypocrite being paid a good salary for doing very little for a bank , plus I could be marrying into the family which controls said bank, so I can afford to be critical of others, I'm alright Jack!

..."Keep your hands off of my stack! Money! It's a hit! Don't give me your do-goody-good bulls#!t"! ;-)

Jenny

Simon To Cathy's Rescue

Simon is ready willing and able to be Lady Cathy's Knight In Shining Armor and slay dragons. Here he is consoling a distraught Cathy and proving his love for her. Oh how I do hope that you let Cathy give birth somehow so we can see Simon head out into the middle of the night to get her pickles and ice cream.
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

some hero!

If he really wanted to be her savior he'd offer to do the housecleaning and laundry himself.

Si & Cathy, together again....

It's been a while since they shared so much time together 'on screen' so to speak; nice development of their relationship!

He conquers who endures. ~ Persius

I TRUELY

[email protected] ejoy these stories ! They really do make my day !

Cavrider----Just another " Grunt."

Angharad, This is excellent

Angharad,
This is excellent almost married or even married banter between Cathy and Simon. It sounds exactly like they are indeed a married couple now. This is wonderful story and I hope you can go at least 300 chapters (would definitely set a record!) Hugs, J-Lynn

Spoilers

I can't think of anything to add to what you and the other commentators have said except another "Thank You!" This is the best story I've read in a while.

Having said that, it seems to be time for me to shift into my 'bitch & whine' voice. It's about the spoilers you put at the top of each part. Yes, I can scroll through them to the real story, and I do, but I don't understand what purpose they serve other than to act as a spoiler. It's not as though you have to 'tease' us into reading the rest of the part, is it? And you didn't start doing it until Part 157; at least, not word-for-word quotes from the text.

So may I respectfully request that you cease with #215 or #216, please?

Jenny Grier (Mrs.)

x

Yours from the Great White North,

Jenny Grier (Mrs.)

Maybe...

I think of them more as a "tease", and I think for some they may encourage a read. I've started following this example myself - trying to find an interesting bit (sometimes hard) that doesn't give anything away, and slip it in up there. Does it help? I dunno, but I did notice I got more hits once I did it... Could just as easily be a coincidence I know...

Annette

Menopause

It is an odd thought. To become a woman SRS ops have to go through menopause first. Then they get back on the HRT again.

The hormones are stopped

Angharad's picture

before surgery to reduce risk of DVT.

Angharad

Angharad

Simon's not that bad

Cute dialog, nice chapter.
It's not Lady Catherine, it's Saint Catherine. She's going to buy a gift for the Russian hooker??
Never would've come up with that one.

Cefin