Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 350.

Printer-friendly version

Easy As Falling Off A Bike
by Angharad
part: 350!

I felt on edge that evening, while I was cooking the dinner and later, when eating it. The conversation with Stella kept reverberating in my head. I felt annoyed with myself, what did it matter if she was gay? Who was I to judge anyone?

Was I judging her? Was she winding me up? I really didn’t know but I did know that come bed time she would turn the screw a little tighter. I didn’t know how I would react, which worried me. Would I have the nerve to call her bluff, if she started something? I had no idea.

When I thought about it, I actually knew very little about sex or relationships for that matter. Until I met Stella and Simon, I didn’t have any idea of sex, other than male or female or in the sense of genetics X and Y chromosomes. If you recall, I was under the impression that I was asexual, until my nascent desires were awakened by the garage mechanic, the rough Kevin. Hmmm thinking about him still did something to me, forbidden fruits I suppose.

Thinking about Stella, did absolutely nothing. I’d seen her naked and in her lingerie and even before I been converted from an out-ie to an in-ie, I had no sexual feelings for her or any other woman.

I suppose, I’d have been quite content to continue my life without any passion until it all got stirred up and I discovered that I was actually attractive to men as a female, and to Simon in particular. He grew on me, I wasn’t at all sure about him at first.

I nearly laughed out loud when I thought about my first encounter with him at their house and I ended up lying on top of him having poured a glass of wine all over him. It was however, much later when I discovered it was more fun for him to be lying on top of me–enough of this, I think you catch my drift. Now back to Stella and how to deal with her games.

Perhaps I should have felt pleased that she felt well enough to indulge in her practical jokes and mind games, and on one level, I did. It was the rest of the time I felt uncomfortable with them. I don’t get much fun out of playing such games, they make me feel embarrassed. However, I do retaliate now and again to prove I’m not defenceless, as I did earlier. Unlike her, I don’t enjoy it at all.

Tom was in fine fettle and his accounts of exam papers he’d marked had Stella laughing much of the evening. I did when I listened, but I was rapt in my own little world listening to my internal dialogue. I noticed Stella looking at me occasionally and smiling. I would smile back and I hoped I wasn’t giving off the wrong signals, one of the problems of suddenly developing a role in months rather than decades.

I cleared the table and loaded the dishwasher. Stella brought stuff out to the kitchen–“Are you deliberately avoiding me?” she asked.

“Not particularly, why?”

“I thought I might have shown symptoms of leprosy.”

“I hadn’t noticed if you had,” I said in as matter of fact tone, as I could. I was trying to avoid showing how animated the whole thing was making me.

“Do dormice catch it?” she asked.

“What?” I asked completely missing the joke she was attempting to make.

“Leprosy,” she said almost in a punitive tone, as if trying to berate me for not listening, but my mind was wandering.

“As far as I know, none have been seen walking round with little bells calling ‘unclean’, but that could have changed since I last looked in the journals.

“Do you take everything I say at face value?” she looked irritated.

“Usually, why? Isn’t it meant to be, then?” I showed my naivete .

“Oh, Cathy, do me a favour.”

“What’s that?”

“Cheer up, I’m not going to eat yo–perhaps I should rephrase that! Oh you know what I mean, dammit.”

“Do I?” I said and left her in the kitchen.

Back in the dining room, Tom, who’d had two pints of Guinness, was waxing lyrical about previous students. “Never had one as good nor as pretty as young Cathy, mind you….”

I felt like telling him to shut up, except he was a nice old man, who’d had slightly too much to drink and who was saying nice things about me. So why on earth, was I so irritated by it? I didn’t know, so escaped up stairs after pecking him on the cheek and wishing him good night.

I was undressed and in my pyjamas in a few seconds flat, they were about the safest night wear I had. Blue with little, yellow teddy bears all over them. They were also winceyette so hardly sexy by any stretch of the imagination. By the time Stella appeared, I was in bed having cleaned my teeth and applied a face pack.

She walked into the bedroom and did a double take. “Good grief, Cathy, have you hurt your face, because it’s in plaster of Paris?”
“No,” I said hardly moving my lips, this thing was very stiff and I hoped I wouldn’t have to wear it all night; “Gut I was getting some spots on the gridge of my dose.”

She heard what I said and processed it. “You lying toad! I have more spots than you, your complexion is amazingly clear. You’ve done this to avoid any more piss-taking by me, haven’t you?”

“Gourse dot,” I said defensively.

“You are a very poor liar, even through that gunk on your face, I can see you’re blushing. Jee whiz, why are you wearing jammies, you never wear them. Where did you get them, a charity shop? Now go and wash that stuff off your face and then we can have a little cuddle and maybe, who knows what…”

“It’s subbosed to ge there all dight,” I lied.

“I don’t believe you,” she waltzed into the bathroom and rummaged around in the bin emerging two minutes later with the instructions. “Apply to clean dry skin, then leave for twenty minutes before removing the mask. You may need to apply a moisturiser.”

“I suspect that twenty minutes has elapsed since you concreted your face, has it not?”

“Dunno, didn’t look at the clog.”

She laughed at me, “Cathy, you can’t possibly see how ridiculous you look, now go and wash it off before you do yourself some damage. It will dry your skin terribly.

Reluctantly, I left the relative safety of my bed and went into the bathroom, of course, Stella wolf whistled at my pyjamas. I washed off the face pack, it was horrible and my face was quite sore by the time I’d finished getting the stuff off. I applied a rich moisturiser to my skin afterwards. Then I stood there, a sense of dread hanging over me like some sword of Damocles.

“What’s taking so long, Cathy?” was called from the other side of the bathroom door.

I stood there and trembled.

05Dolce_Red_l_0.jpg

up
145 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Poor Cathy!

Didn't dream Stella had such a wide streak of meanness in her. Oh, boy, talk about being on the horns of a dilemma. How do you put somebody straight in a situation like this?

KJT

"Being a girl is wonderful and to torture someone into that would be like the exact opposite of what it's like. I don’t know how anyone could act that way." College Girl - poetheather


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Err

kristina l s's picture

Put somebody straight maybe seems like the wrong word choice. Cathy does seem just so perfectly susceptible to such teasing though. This coming from someone that hates such and practical jokes in particular. Just come clean girl and dump it in Stellas lap, she can cope. Might help her grow up a bit too. Well both, hah I can talk

Kristina

That's why I don't

Do puns and such. So thank you, I'll stick to setting Stella "straight".

Either Stella is joking or she is serious.

If she is joking, she is not at all being nice to Cathy.

If she is not joking, then she would appear to have lttle respect for either her brother or Cathy. Around this neck of the woods, forcing somebody to have sex when they don't want to is called rape, or at least attempred rape.

The question is, can Cathy say no? She is so concerned about Stella's wellbeing that she might have a hard time doing so, and end up doing something she will later regret.

And then there is this: If Stella really is joking, and Cathy says "yes" out of her concern for Stella's mental health, then what will Stella do? Could get nasty, any one of several ways.

KJT

"Being a girl is wonderful and to torture someone into that would be like the exact opposite of what it's like. I don’t know how anyone could act that way." College Girl - poetheather


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Am I being unfeeling ...

... when I confess to laughing out loud at this episode. I'm afraid the mental picture of Cathy's face encased in plaster of Paris and the Winceyette pyjamas just did it for me. I'm a hard-faced bastard at heart - just like Cathy :)

Geoff

Has Cathy forgotten the bathtub?

I sincerely hope that Stella is getting better but she can't feel that Cathy's rejecting her. Go with the flow Cathy and stop worrying so much.

Blackmail

Of the emotional variety, anyway. Why should Cathy have to "Go with the flow" just because Stella wants to?

And if Cathy were to "Go with the flow" and Simon found out, the end result could be Cathy in the bathtub. Don't forget, she also has tried to kill herself. As resilient as Cathy is, she still has a breaking point.

KJT

"Being a girl is wonderful and to torture someone into that would be like the exact opposite of what it's like. I don’t know how anyone could act that way." College Girl - poetheather


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Cathy's Lack Of Experience

jengrl's picture

Cathy's lack of experience with sex prior to her SRS shows that she may have made assumptions about herself concerning the whole male/ female dynamic and what society thinks is acceptable. She mentioned that she didn't feel sexual attraction for Simon at first, but that he grew on her. She mentions she doesn't feel that way for Stella, but she hasn't really explored it enough to see if it might be the same way it became for her and Simon. I wonder if Cathy winds up to be bisexual if she gives it a chance? We shall see! Simon might turn out to be Mr. Wrong and Stella might be Miss Right in the end. It would really be a twist if they got to the altar and Cathy turns to Simon and tells him she can't marry him because she is in love with Stella. Everyone is thinking that Des might try to crash the wedding, but Stella can't be counted out LOL! Great twist Ang!

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

What I Wonder Is

Will Cathy try to hurt herself because of Stella's antics? [If they are antics that is.] And if so, what will it do to Stella?
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Oh, I Like That Ending!!

Ending on a suspenseful note -- worthy of the "Perils of Pauline" or some other such movie serial such as I used to see every Saturday at the local movie theatre (in the days before TV/the telly).

For those of us not educated enough, what does "winceyette" mean? I can't find it in either my Webster's dictionary nor in my Oxford English whatever (admittedly, last millennium's editons both).

Yours from the Great White North,

Jenny Grier (Mrs.)

x

Yours from the Great White North,

Jenny Grier (Mrs.)

Winceyette

According to several online sources: lightweight cotton fabric napped (raised) on both sides (think lightweight flannel).

Bike

Oh Heck. I had all sorts of stuff to say about the last 50 chapters but now I'm a bit nervous for Cathy.
Look after her! This story is a flipping roller coaster.
She's been hurt enough!
Love & Hugs,

Beverly.

Cathy's PJs are so kyute!

LibraryGeek's picture

Cathy's PJs are so kyute! Had to look up winceyette, don't think the term is used on my side of the pond. See, Bike is an educational storyline, I'm learning more words and stuff about bicycles all the time!

Yours,

JohnBobMead

Yours,

John Robert Mead

Family

Cathy is now family, which means learning each others buttons. Raising my kids big sisters regularly pushed little brothers buttons, but watch some one else try to pick on baby bro. Stella just doesn't realize how big this button is, but she will.

This one really drove my boy nuts when he was 2 to 4.

Brother for Sale!
25 cents.
Brother for Sale!
It not a big expense.
You can hug him,
You can bug him,

Brother for Sale!
20 cents...

Stella ??

It wouldn't be all that bad, would it ?
Poor Cathy, she barely knows about sex with a man, now Stella ruffles her feathers.

Cefin