Cindy's Choices 2 - The Verdict

Printer-friendly version

Author's note: A while back I wrote a story called "Cindy's Choices", and let you guys play jury, deciding on the proper punishment for the bad guy. But as there wasnt a consensus verdict, I'm using my option as "judge" and pronouncing sentence ...

Cindy’s Choices 2 - The Verdict

Mark lay helpless in his bed, unable to move at all.

“How could it have gone so wrong? Thanks to that computer program I had the girl I crushed on in high school, and a enough money to last me the rest of my life. And now, I cant so much as raise my head from the bed!”

Time passed, and he could hear Cindy talking on the phone to someone. Once her conversation was finished, he could hear her go into the kitchen, and soon he could smell coffee being brewed.

Sometime later, he heard the bell being rung

There was nothing he could do, he was helpless. He knew eventually his bowels and bladder would perform their functions, and unless she let him go, he would be lying in his own mess.

Time passed, and what he feared happened, and there was nothing he could do but lay there and smell the result, and cry inside.

Finally, he heard someone come in, and then he heard his wife’s voice say “Oh, I should have put him in a diaper.”

“Well, lets get this over with anyway.” the other voice, and a chill went through Mark. He recognized it, it was the voice of his wife’s first boyfriend, the “prince” of their high school, who he’d used the computer program to transform into a wanna-be girl, a tranny.

If anyone had more reason to hate him than his wife, it was this person, what name had she chosen?

“Okay Samantha.” His wife said, answering his question without realizing it.

“Hello Mark.” Samantha said, coming into his limited visual range.

He couldnt speak, so he just stared at her, waiting for her to say more.

“Your... wife has told me what a naughty little boy you’ve been. That its because of you that I lost her, so you could have her. Now, how should I react to that news? What should I do to you now that the shoe is on the other foot?”

“I’ve been thinking hard about this. So has your loving wife. And I think I know exactly what I want to do with you.”

“I bet you’re scared now. After all, you took my life from me, just so you could have the girl I loved. I imagine you’ve been thinking hard all day of the sorts of things I could do to you with that program.”

“So here it is, my sentence.”

He would have held his breath if he could have, waiting for her next words.

“I forgive you.”

With that, the woman walked away.

“I guess its my turn.” Said his wife, and the world changed.

******

Much later, two women were sitting at the kitchen table in a house that had been slightly modified. The spare bedroom had been converted into a nursery, complete with soft pink colors and pictures of butterflies, horses, and princesses on the walls.

Cindy had just come out of the nursery, and settled into a chair and took a the cup of tea offered by her guest, letting out a sigh.

“Any regrets about your choice?”

“When I’m this tired from dealing with a fussy baby all day, a little. But it was the best alternative I could think of. Instead of a selfish man, I have a baby girl, one I can hopefully raise to be a credit to the species. What about you? I could have turned you back into a man.”

“That life isnt mine anymore. I find I’m happy as I am. There are worse people I could be.”

“I ... kinda hoped you would see it that way. Which is why I made one change I didnt tell you about.”

With that, Cindy stood up, came around the table, and gave the other woman a long, slow, passionate kiss.

“I ... I got rid of some hangups I had. In the hopes that I might ... convince you to hang around.” She said, when they got their breath back.

“I... I would like that very much.” Samantha said, and the two women shared another kiss.

“So... what do we do now?”

“Well, you have a extra large tub built for two, if I remember right. We could put on some soft music, light a few candles, and ... try it out .... together, if you wanted.” Samantha said.

Cindy smiled, and said, “Sounds like a good evening to me. But if I fall asleep while we’re in the tub, forgive me?”

“Always.” Samantha said, and getting up and taking Cindy’s hand, she began to lead the other woman to the large bathroom.

What happens next is better imagined than told, but suffice to say both women would go to bed that night with warm thoughts and happy dreams, the perfect things to share with the little girl asleep in the crib.

And the best start to a new life for all of them.

Together.

up
111 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

:|

Good choice for the verdict Dorothy!

Hugs

Vivien

thanks, Vivien

glad you liked this verdict.

DogSig.png

Mercy me!

Andrea Lena's picture

...imagine that; forgiveness and consequences meet in a very nice ending! Thank you!

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Cindy's Choices 2 - The Verdict

Wonder what sort of girl the baby will be?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Hazaa

The Goddess be praised the true strength of a women is displayed and justice is served, I whole kindheartedly support your verdict.

With those with open eyes the world reads like a book

celtgirl_0.gif

Just To Be Contrary....

I liked your ending/verdict; very nice!

Possible arguments against this decision might go like this: (Not that I think I can write a coherent bunch of thoughts....)

I think Sam likes her life because of Mark's program, but since she's happy in that regard, it's fine for things to stay that way. OTOH, Mark messed with reality; what of the children Sam might have fathered, the career he might have had? She could try to have the same career, but all other things the same, a womyn, on average, won't get as far, do as much. There is still too much sex discrimination. Can Mark's program make Sam that much a better business-womyn? What would happen to Sam's personality in that circumstance? Could she succeed without becoming hard, unfeeling or more selfish?

I suppose I need to know if it's possible to change reality back to how it would have been. Let's say there is no time travel or travel between parallel universes; given that, I don't think it's possible to change reality back. How could anyone or thing determine all the chances and interactions in what might have been? In this case, the thing to do is make things as good as possible.

Back to Sam's new reality; Cindy had a new reality: love, a nice spouse (until she found out about him), financially very well off, able to give her kids all her time and all they might need, plus the genes of a genius. The kids will not have any health or behavioral problems cuz Mark can fix them. Even if Cindy is dismayed, doesn't she "owe it to her kids" to stay with Mark? But then, I guess, she could do the same for any kids she has.

So Cindy has her first love back and has made them both lesbians. She has a baby, but the world is deprived of a genius that humynity might need to save us from various catastrophes, climate change, asteroid strikes, disease pandemics, nuclear war, etc., and insure our and our world's survival. She can get a baby in her all sorts of ways, even from Sam's frozen sperm!

So... I ran this fantasy story into the ground. :-( Sorry. It's what I thought after reading it.

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

mark as a saviour?

The trouble with the "stay for the kids" type argument is that Mark had not shown himself capable of making unselfish decisions with the power he had. I cant see him allowing her to become pregnant unless he decided it was a benefit to him, regardless of how it would affect Cindy, the potential kid, or the world at large. Cindy can use the power for good, and has shown unselfishness in modifying herself to be with Sam rather than change Sam to meet her needs. So if anyone would make a world-saving solution to our problems, it would be Cindy.

Glad you liked the story anyway.

DogSig.png

This would be my solution:

Jezzi Stewart's picture

Cindy should:
Make Mark forget about Cindy, Sam, and the program and give Mark an aversion to anything to do with changing reality.
Leave Sam as she is and change herself to a lesbian. - IF that is what they both want.
Make it so that as soon as the program is destroyed, she and Sam will forget it ever existed.
Destroy the program.

As is, if, as implied, the baby girl is a clean slate, they have executed Mark or, if Mark still exists trapped in the mind of the baby girl, they have put him in prison for the life of the girl.

BE a lady!

good solutions!

thanks, Jezzi for the comment on an old story!

DogSig.png