Venus Cursed! - Chapter 13

Printer-friendly version
Venus_Cursed_4.jpg
by Saless
Chapter 13

"Sure!" Jill replied. "It makes sense. Your condition could be considered a magical malady or injury. With all the things they have to deal with there a simple gender change should be easy to undo."

"Hmm, she's got a point." Mike agreed. "You said you'd rather see a wizard or something instead of a god."

Sean groaned. "I'm not going to end up without any bones or something, am I?" He asked worriedly.

"Hey, that was someone who didn't know what they were doing. We should be dealing with experts. You'll be fixed up in no time!" Jill said with forced confidence.

"Alright, we'll give it a try." Sean replied with a sigh. "At least we won't need weapons for this trip. Not that we used them last time."

"Be glad of that, we would have been at a real disadvantage against anyone with experience or training." Mike pointed out. Sean nodded wearily and accepted the book.

"We ready to go?" he asked. They both nodded, so he started reading the section Jill pointed out and opened a portal.

The portal took them inside the hospital. Sean closed it as soon as they were all through so as not to attract any more attention than necessary. "Now what?" he asked.

Jill was just about to say something when a woman in a lime green robe walked up to them and said, "Hello, what can I do for you?"

"My friend here got transformed into a woman by Venus. We were hoping you could change him back." Jill replied, pointing at Sean.

"Really? Haven't heard that one before. Let's take a look at you." She said, looking closely at Sean. She waved a wand at him and mumbled something under her breath. She went on to perform various odd tests and fed Sean all kinds of potions.

"Well, I can find no trace of a curse on you, deary. All my spells say you have always been female. Are you sure your friend used to be male?" she asked, looking back at Jill.

"Absolutely sure. The three of us were visiting Venus, hoping she could help us with a problem Sean's been having, and she got really angry with us. She threw a curse at us, and Sean threw himself in front of Mike to save him." Jill replied.

"Hmm, very noble of you. Well, as there appears to be no curse or enchantment to revoke, I suppose I could cast a gender change spell on you." She suggested doubtfully.

"Yes, please!" Sean replied eagerly.

"Oh, very well." She replied. She waved her wand at Sean again and said something that sounded like Latin. Sean glowed for a moment, but when the glow faded Sean remained female. "Hm, that's odd. Something seems to be blocking my spell. Perhaps you are cursed, after all. I'm very sorry, but there doesn't seem to be anything we can do for you." She said sadly.

"Oh. Well, thanks for trying." Jill said disappointedly. Sean opened a new portal and the three of them returned to Sean's apartment.

"Well, that was a bust." Sean commented bitterly, throwing himself down on his couch.

"Maybe we need stronger magic to overcome a curse from a goddess." Mike suggested.

"Oh yeah, and where are we going to get that?" Sean asked. "Let me guess, another god?"

Mike shrugged. "It might be the only way. I don't like the idea, either, but surely we can find a god in one of these books that is friendly and helpful."

"No way! No more gods! Next time I'll end up a newt or something!" Sean yelled.

Mike sat down on the couch next to Sean. "Come on, Sean, we've got to try something. Unless you really want to spend the rest of your life like this."

"I do not want to be a girl for the rest of my life, and you know it!" Sean retorted angrily.

"Hey, calm down!" Mike retorted. "I'm just trying to help!"

"Yeah, you're real helpful. Like how you talked me into going to see Venus. That worked out real well!" Sean replied sarcastically.

Mike put his hand on Sean's shoulder and said, "Sean, this sucks, I know. You didn't ask for this, and you don't deserve it. But you've got to deal with it now. We'll help all we can but you need to calm down."

Sean grabbed Mike's wrist and tried to push his hand off of him. "Leave me alone, Mike!" he said without looking at him. Mike's hand suddenly left his shoulder and Sean stood and started walking to his room. A startled squeak from behind him caught his attention in spite of himself. But when he turned around, Mike wasn't there. Some stranger was sitting where Mike had been, and she was wearing clothes identical to Mike's!

"Who are you?" he asked, confused.

"Uh, Sean, I think that's Mike." Jill said softly. Sean turned to look at her and saw tears gathering in her eyes.

"Mike?" Sean repeated, looking at the girl on the couch. She nodded sadly. "How did that happen?!"

"It happened when you pushed me away." Mike replied.

"Wait, you mean I did that?!" Sean asked in shock. Mike just shrugged.

"Can…can you…fix it?" Jill stammered worriedly.

"I don't even know how I did it!" Sean exclaimed.

"Try recreating what you did." Mike suggested. He seemed to be handling this better than his friends.

Sean nodded numbly and sat back down. Mike put his hand on Sean's shoulder again and Sean grabbed his wrist and pushed him away. Then he stood and turned around. To his relief, Mike was back to his old self. "Whew! Thank gawd that worked! Are you okay Mike?" he asked.

Mike looked down at himself and smiled. "Yeah, I'm okay. Maybe you can do that for yourself?" he suggested. Sean smiled and grabbed his own wrist and pushed, but nothing happened. He tried slapping himself, pressing his hand against his chest, and anything else he could think of, to no effect.

"Maybe it only works on men." Jill said.

"Then it should work on me!" Sean growled in frustration. Then he got a gleam in his eye and strode over to Jill. He grabbed her by the wrist and pushed her backwards, nearly causing her to fall.

"Sean! Change her back!" Mike roared, as Jill had indeed become male. She was standing there, stunned, looking down to where her breasts used to be.

"Sean?" Jill stammered brokenly. Sean seemed to deflate and hurriedly grabbed Jill again and repeated the push, changing her back.

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to know if it really didn't work on women." Sean mumbled apologetically. Tears were streaking down his face and he turned and ran into his bedroom and collapsed on his bed. He wasn't there for long before Jill came in and closed the door behind her.

"Sean? It's okay, I'm not mad at you." Jill said softly. "I think I understand how you feel a little better now, in fact." She walked over to his bed and sat down, putting a hand on his back and rubbing it. He slowly got his tears under control and turned to face Jill.

"I'm sorry, Jill. I was so mad that it didn't work on me that I took it out on you." He said, still unable to look her in the eye.

Jill grabbed him and hugged him hard. "It's okay, I understand. Mike does, too. Why don't we go back out and work on solving your problem?" she suggested.

Sean reluctantly agreed and followed Jill out to the living room. Mike was sitting on the floor in front of the bookcase looking at the titles. "You two okay?" he asked worriedly. Jill and Sean nodded. "Good! I was wondering, do you think this gender changing thing is related to the spell the witch at the hospital cast, or Venus' curse?"

"It could even be a combination of the two." Jill suggested.

"But if it is, then anything we do will get twisted by the curse!" Sean lamented.

"Not if we remove the curse. How about this one." Mike said, pulling a book off the shelf. "He's supposed to be a really powerful wizard, maybe he can help us."

Sean looked at the book Mike had pulled out. "Well, he is the disciple of a goddess of magic. That might work." Sean said hopefully.

"Why don't you pop open one of your portals and we can find out?" Mike suggested.

"No way! I'm studying this book first. A lot of bad stuff happens in there, I want to make sure we go to a time and place that is safe. There's no way we would last long there otherwise." Sean replied firmly. The others nodded and Sean sat down to read.


 To Be Continued…

up
84 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Hmmm. If it's really such a curse

to be a woman, then for Goddess sake go back to Mt. Olympus and ask Venus about the curse. Maybe if Sean can explain, she'll return him to his male self. Or explain this is his lot for the rest of _her_ eternal life. Oi Vey! The humiliation... A woman. *shudder*
Or he'll be turned into a newt. A frog. A pig. Whatever. Regardless of what he'll turn into, it can't be worse obviously, seeing the way he´s reacting here.

Oh well, I hope you don't take this story into an endless quest to every nook and cranny of the magical, supernatural, and divine planes of existence *heh* in search for an answer to this 'horrible fate' for Sean.

Jo-Anne

Don't be too hard on Sean...

it hasn't even been 24 hours since he was changed, and he does have the Erica situation to consider. So, I guess a guided tour of the multiverse is out then? ;)

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Honestly, Jo-Anne ...

... have a little sympathy. Sean has been placed in the same position as a lot of TG folk -- he's a man trapped in a woman's body. And somehow you can't understand why he wants to be in the right body again so badly?

I'm a woman and i like it just fine that way, but I can easily see why Sean needs to undo this "curse." After all, it's the same one every TG person has to suffer through every day of their lives, until they find their own way to make themselves whole.

Randa

Really Randa

I _have_ a little sympathy with Sean. Only it's just a little.

Right from the start he has been painted as an insecure, troubled, indecisive, hulk of a man. He's even larger than Mike, who's over six feet. Yet he's been pestered by his co-workers about him being a wimp and a pussy (?!) making his job a tremendous burden. Wtf?! Something around six and a half feet, and bullied? Wow.

All the rest of the story he's whining and huffing, perturbed and oh so affronted with this gender-change, but exactly cooperative with finding a solution? Oh I agree with learning more about where they're planning to go now, but why now? Why not earlier?

But more importantly. Why not trying to find out more about why he's able to create portals in the first place? And why not more investigation into what made Jill paint 'the new improved Sean' _before_ the curse?

What is really behind this all? Seems to me the answer would best be found at Mt. Olympus. And maybe Sean should reach into himself for a few answers. I have a gut feeling about him that would render his complaints and groaning rather pointless.

"Me thinks thou protest too much" or something like that. But of course that's to much in the vein of this story site and all too obvious. So it can't be that. Can it?

Jo-Anne

Would you say the same thing

Frank's picture

If Jill had been changed and stuck as a man? Or would you be rooting for her to get back to being a woman and her TRUE SELF?

Maybe you're right, maybe he is such a horrible person that he deserves to be changed forever into something he isn't, be it woman, newt, other...

Frank

Hugs

Frank

Yes Frank

I'd say the same thing. It's not that I think he's a horrible person, it's only that he obviously perceives being a woman as horrible. Apparently.

If he's so intent on being himself again -and I do understand- I'd say go back to where it all started and petition, beg, grovel to the goddess to be changed back. ANY other outcome but returning to his former state can't be worse. Or so it seems when regarding his reactions to the present change.

Jo-Anne

There're reasons why Sean is

There're reasons why Sean is the way he is (Hmm, that feels familiar, did I say that somewhere before?). Once those reasons are known I hope they'll shed some new light on things.

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

If you're a man inside...

it's a curse to be a woman.

If you're a woman inside, it's a curse to be a man.

It may be difficult to understand why someone would want to trade a perfectly good female body in for a male model, but everyone here should be able to understand intellectually; and to accept it.

Ray Drouillard

interesting twist

All kinds of strange things are happening, but which ones are related to the curse? How can you get a solution if your in the dark about what you are trying to solve? As they seem to experience, any attemped cure may only lead to more complications.

Thanks for the mystery challenge. I 'm looking forward to your next posting.

Hugs,
Trish-Ann

Hugs,
Trish Ann
~There is no reality, only perception~

It's like putting a puzzle together in the dark...

You might get all the pieces in it, but who knows what kind of order, and how much damage you might do to them in the process!

Thanks Trish-Ann!

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Ramblings !!

I suppose Sean could try the court of King Arthur and his famous wizard Merlin, But given the lack of success so far with magic... Maybe that would be a waste of time!!!

That being the case then if Sean is going to be stuck as a woman for a time SHE really ought to start thinking about the future and Erica in paticular....Finding out your boyfriend seems to lack a certain maleness does tend to put a bit!! of a downer on your relationship!

Quite what Sean can do apart from the obvious choice of suddenly finding a very pressing engagement on the other side of the world (now there's a thought he sorry she could always use a travel book and go traveling!) is not too clear... Honesty comes to mind but maybe that would not make such an interesting story!

One thing though is certain, However Sean gets out of her present predicament will make for a good story and i for one will enjoy reading it... Roll on the next episode

Kirri

Merlin, didn't think about

Merlin, didn't think about him... ;)

Thanks Kirri!

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

How come only Female or male transformations are on the Menu?

Sean could transform into Merlin and set it all right, but maybe he doesn't want to?

I think he's a wimp, E.G. accepts everybody at work downing him every day, he gives his only friends J & M a hard time every time they try to help, he can't dress himself properly, when he's in a portal he wets his pants, he has never made his bed or washed his clothes, or cleaned his sty!!

I'll bet the reason his workmates don't like him is because he hasn't washed in 13 episodes??

I don't think his girlfriend is real, same questions and same answers all the time, and instantly on line - does she wait with her finger on the return key all day 24/7 to say hello, - give me a break- maybe she's a virtual dolly (in essence but not in fact)??

Hey Saless, doesn't mean I dont like your story because I do! E.G I'm still here after 13.

But I'm not a Sean fan, did you guess? maybe you can have him morphed into a picture which Jill & Mike can hang on the wall!!

LoL
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

Hmm...

I don't remember Sean wetting his pants... I guess I never have actually written that he washed his clothes and such, but he's not that messy, really! ;)

Thanks Rita, and I think you'll like Sean better in the future. At least I hope so, or I'm probably doing something wrong... ;)

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

I was becoming frustated with Seans 'inaction' !

His work mates give him a hard time and he accepts it - why?

What is it that they don't like! I suggested smell e.g. wetting himself after each dream (maybe wet dreams)?

He only, mixes with Mike and ? that has to be boring.

She did mention about his clothes, I can't imagine him having time to wash his clothes , when he goes straight to work after he wakes up (no breakfast), and after work goes to Mikes place and cooks, then comes back home and dreams-

Where does he get the time for menial chores?

(Have you noticed that other TG stories spend a chapter on having a bath, shaving, makeup, toilet, etc, and they always eat bacon and eggs for breakfast plus some pancakes and cream and Camp syrup)

And still fit into a size 10-12!!!!!!!

How about a portal into a laundry & a Gym!!

His friends have actually made him eat, otherwise he would of died of malnutrition?

How about a portal into a restaurant!

There is a funny ring of University students living style malpractice here??

But I like it!

LoL
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

I try to keep things

I try to keep things reasonably realistic (Or as realistic as they can be in a story like this!). So my characters have to actually eat and sleep and so on, but I try not to dwell on that stuff either. Also, Sean has an imp that does his laundry for him.

JK! ;)

Thanks Rita!

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Sean

I never saw any evidence that Sean stinks, or has bad personal hygiene habits. He may have a boring wardrobe, but that isn't uncommon at all.

As far as what he is inside, the fact that he he took a bullet for his friends says a lot. Compared to that, everything else is superficial.

Ray

What If Sean

Was to touch a mirror and push away, could that work?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

An interesting idea

An interesting idea Stan.

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Yeah.

But nobody guaranties he will become
1)male, though it seems to be the rule
2)looking like his old self

OTOH, this form-shifting power of his could be used as a disguise in their (mis)adventures.

Faraway

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Well, Mike and Jill did get

Well, Mike and Jill did get changed back to their original form, so it's not an unreasonable assumption. Of course, that's assuming it would work on Sean at all... ;) The disguise idea could certainly come in handy, though it would be more useful if Sean can change himself!

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Reasonable, yes

But it still rises from an incomplete information. It could be like this:

A person has Form A - current form pre-Seanshift, and Form B - form post-Seanshift.
Seanshift changes a person from Form A to Form B and vice versa on second try.
However, Seanshift does not alter the Form in any way, and does its thing like a card flipped.
So, if on a card, one picture was changed, the other would remain the same.
So, if Sean Seanshifted, he would assume his original Form B, not original Form A.
And second try would restore his altered Form A, that of his female twin.

Faraway

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

So Sean can shift people between their normal body ...

and what they would have been if born the other sex. But in his case both of his selves are now female thus she did change but from her female self to her female self as there is no male version of her anymore.

John in Wauwatosa

P.S. but is the curse simply being trapped with the wrong body for your soul or is it more, IE this ablity to change others thus preventing you from having the person you love but now that curse is messed up/confused by being used intially on the wrong sex? Plus did his bravely jumping into it's path, thus *willingly* absorbing the curse somehow alter the curse?

John in Wauwatosa

Good point...

Too bad I can't say anymore than that yet! ;)

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

What wizard are you talking about?

Gandalf from the Ring trilogy?

Merlin's good but still Venus is a high level second tier goddess, just below Zeus, Hera, Hades and the like. It would take a lot of magic power to lift the curse or to alter its to something beneficial, more subtle but also requiring great power.,

The question is what is the curse? If as Saless said earlier it was intended for Jill, though a fairly major goddess ought to be able to modify it on the fly. But lets say she was so surprised and angry she wasn't thinking straight. The Greco=Roman gods are famous for overblown humanlike temper tantrums.

Is Venus's curse intent to make one highly attractive to the opposite sex but to cause any potential lover to change sex if you get intimate? That he, um she can change them back and forth so easy implies some complication of it being meant for a woman but used on a man, an interaction with the Harry Potter magic world spells or is this some interaction with the dimensional portal power? I don't think he/she time travels, rather she dimension hops, she jumps between alternative universes in the multiverse.

Either grovel with Venus and humbly explain what happened and that there was no offence meant and that she, um he would willingly praise her and offer daily worship if she would undo the curse. It might work or she/he might get blasted to atoms. That or she'd better hope the girlfriend has a manly soul and is willing for our hero/heroine to change her sex as needed. Maybe he is adaptable and if they are true soul mates love will out. m\Maybe love can break the curse and make it a blessing, it was crafted by THE goddess of love.

His/her dimensional portal power still worries me, how did he/she get it and is the girlfriend, conveniently busy elsewhere innocent or in the thick of it. Is she gifted/a witch or even a demigoddess and this is all a test to see if he is worthy?

As to counter magic's/counter curses, are the effects cumulative and like radiation, too much exposure will fry you? is there a necessary waiting period for the magics to *bleed off* and only then may major spells be attempted? Do the magics interact and in effect become wild such that even Venus can't cancel her own curse? Is the sex changing power the curse, a modification of the curse or something wholly different? Has all this heavy duty magic exposure made her a magic user/sorceress/demi-goddess? The portal power alone is pretty weird after all.

Odd that the curse did not show up in any form to the magical medical people until they tried a simple transformation spell. Did Venus's curse being used on the wrong sex in effect make him female in all ways, soul, body, aura etc and was laying dormant until the transformation spell reactivated it's *antitampering* features? Will further attempts to overcome the curse backfire on the magic spell caster?

He/she likely needs a big-league player like at least an Apollo, Loki, The Monkey King, or even an Oden, Zeus, Ra, Ma'at, or even the Jewish/Christian/Islamic god to break this one, I fear. The more they fail to break it the stronger and more altered the spell may become, sort of The Sorcerer's Apprentice experience.

John in Wauwatosa
m

John in Wauwatosa

Wow...

So many questions, so little time... ;)

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Strangely enough

I think I've already mentioned this 'wizard.' Elminister is a character from a series of books inspired by Dungeons and Dragons. The series is quiet popular even beyond the gamer crowd. Elminister is the right hand of Msytar the Goddess of magic and about as powerful as they come. He spent many years as female because of his goddess before he learned how to transform himself back. Problem: he is about as wily as they come and his help may very well come with a price.

If it is Elminister, then it also depends on what book Sean is looking at. With a mage of his caliber, unless the entire world is in danger nothing else will give him a good workout. The question is can he help vs a curse from Venus. The answer is up to Saless. Personally I think it is a definite maybe. If Elminsiter can't do it, I would say no one could. Many of the Greek gods magic could only be removed by the one that cast them. In other words if Sean wants to be male again he better find some way of being real nice and apologetic to Venus. I wonder if she likes roses?

Then again I could be completely wrong and it is another character. :)

hugs!

grover

PS: If this gives away too much Saless please have Erin unpub it. This is what I get for commenting at 12:30am!

Somehow I doubt roses would

Somehow I doubt roses would do the trick. ;) As for who the mage is, we'll see...

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

That's what you get for living in the Eastern Time Zone, Grover.

interesting point as D and D grew up in SE Wisconsin.

That may be a key to this all, the more powerful and capable the wizard/soceress/god-goddeess the more difficult it will be to get their assistance or interest. Other than the challlege or maybe they have a rivalry with Venus, what can the gang offer as incentives?

Maybe they could try this ring Frodo has? Or find just the right cursed spring in Japan, Ranma knows of a few.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

I don't think the Ring would

I don't think the Ring would be a good idea, considering what it did to the people who wore it... The cursed springs could be useful, but then they'd need Chiisuiton water or deal with changing back and forth all the time!

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

>Slightly<...

...garbled history of Elminster, but mostly there. Elminster started as the personal character of Ed Greenwood in his home games, and came with the setting he sold to TSR for Dungeons and Dragons that became the monster known as the Forgotten Realms (one of the most elaborately over-developed game settings ever). I have to agree that if El--Archmage beyond the scale of mortals, Chosen, Priestess and sometimes lover of his setting's goddess of magic, vessel for part of her power at one point, and long term lover of one of her seven daughters (who is herself a Mary Sue supreme...)--can't, then no one short of a god can. It's interesting to note that Wizards of the Coast, the owners of D&D and Forgotten Realms have (as of the new edition) killed off the goddess Mystara...

Also, John, the Springs were in China. :-P :-)

/Geek >.<
-Liz

-Liz

Successor to the LToC
Formerly known as "momonoimoto"