Venus Cursed! - Chapter 109

Printer-friendly version
Venus Cursed!
by Saless
Chapter 109

"So is that when they cursed you?" Jill asked.

"No, at first they tried to kill me. Fortunately for me, the Weave protects me from death. Then they tried to imprison me, but the extra power the Weave grants me allowed me to escape. They didn't give up easily, though." Mana replied.

"That sounds ominous. What did they do?" Erica said.

"They tried to trick me. Most of their attempts were easily seen through and accomplished nothing. They came closer to success when they worked through the neutral Forces; the ones who hadn't taken part in the fighting. Time saw through them, but some of the others were more naive. But I suppose I was the truly naive one." Mana said.

"What do you mean?" Mike asked.

"My youngest brother is different from the others. While he was involved in the fighting, he'd stayed on the edges of it, biding his time. A time which never came, thanks to the Weave. I didn't know it then, but he had an intense hatred of me. But he's very cunning and charismatic. He got the other Forces to leave me alone and pretended to be my friend. Then he seduced me and tried to convince me to alter the weave. If he hadn't been so aggressive about it, he might have succeeded. But he pushed too hard and I finally realized that he didn't care about me, only what I could do for him." Mana said sadly.

"Wow, some family!" Erica exclaimed. "But you said your youngest brother was different from the others? Was that just because he was charismatic and cunning, or is there more to it?"

"First of all, you must understand that gender had no meaning for us. We had no bodies; we'd never seen the need to make any. But my youngest brother had more knowledge of gender than the rest of us. The rest of us had never considered that we would even have a gender. But Life is much more connected to gender than the rest of us were. Being bi-gendered himself, my gender was irrelevant to him. Somewhere along the line he figured out that I am not only female, but intensely female. That's how he finally got to me." Mana replied.

"I'm confused. You said your gender was irrelevant to him, but then you say that you're intensely female, whatever that means." Tiffany said.

"Most of the Forces are male or have no real gender at all. The only exceptions are Life, who is bi-gendered, and Chaos and I, who are female. So before he figured out my gender he naturally assumed I was male or genderless like the others. But that didn't matter to him. But when he figured out what I am, he knew he'd found a weakness." Mana explained.

"How is being female a weakness?" Sarah asked.

"It isn't, usually. But gender is a continuum. The average woman is only seventy five to eighty percent female. I am one hundred percent, or close enough as to make little difference. I made a body for myself in order to learn more about mortals by living amongst them. I made the mistake of making a male body. The conflict between my intensely female psyche and the very male body I was inhabiting caused me intense pain and left me wide open." Mana said.

"So that's when you were forced to go to sleep?" Erica asked.

"Yes. I was so distracted by the pain that I was in no position to notice what they were doing or counter it. With the help of several of our brothers Life bound my memory, and with it my powers. I was trapped in a male human body until the day I died. But that wasn't good enough for him. He made it so I would reincarnate each time I died, and every time in a male body. With my memory still locked away, I was unable to break the chain." Mana replied.

"But I thought you couldn't die." Tiffany said.

"I can't, but my body can. And with my memory and powers locked away I was like any other human. Well, any other transsexual human. Life after life I lived in pain and misery. Most ended by my own hand. It slowly got better with time, but it was still miserable right up until the end." Mana said.

"How did that cycle end?" Jill asked.

"Time got wind of what they were doing in time to weaken the binding, though not to break it. Being what he is, his influence caused the binding to get weaker over time. After roughly ten thousand years the binding wore off and my memory slowly returned. And with my memory came my powers." Mana replied.

"What did you do to Life and the others?" Mike asked.

"Nothing." Mana said.

"Nothing?! After all that?!" Mike exclaimed.

"You have to understand the state of mind I was in. Until my memory returned I was a transsexual woman. I was just about to have my surgery when the dreams began. The dreams that were in actuality my memories. I'd already had a difficult life, and the dreams made it worse. I had to relive all of those lives I'd lived for ten thousand years every night. By the time the memories of who I really was and what I could do came along, I had enough trouble dealing with those ten thousand years of memories. I still haven't decided what I'll do about my brothers, if anything." Mana explained.

"Why wouldn't you do anything about them?!" Erica asked incredulously.

Mana shrugged, "What would it accomplish? I am foiling their plans just by being here. What more could I do? Sure, I could torture them, but I don't want to do that. I could even kill them and elevate Incarnations or Powers to take their place, but I won't. For all their faults they are still family to me. And they can't hurt me anymore."

"What about people you know and care about? Couldn't they go after them?" Mike asked.

"I asked Time to spread the word that anyone messing with the people I care about to get to me would be destroyed. They won't risk eternal life that easily." Mana said.

"Would you really kill them?" Sarah asked.

"I'm honestly not sure. I suppose it would have to depend on the situation. I don't have to worry too much about my daughters, at least. They're powerful enough to evade my brothers and can call on me anytime they need me." Mana replied.

"You have children?" Sarah asked.

"Yes, I have five daughters. They are taking care of Avalon while I'm away." Mana said.

"What was it like?" Sarah asked intently.

Mana smiled, "Wonderful! Painful, but wonderful! I think you'll enjoy being a mother when you're ready, it suits you."

"Is that what you were asking Sarah? What's it like to give birth?" Erica asked.

"Yes. I've often wondered about that. It's one of those things that I never thought I'd get to experience, but now I can." Sarah replied with a smile.

"How did you know that's what Sarah was asking?" Erica asked suspiciously.

"I wasn't reading her mind, if that's what you were thinking. I generally stay out of people's thoughts. I knew because Sarah and I have a lot in common. We were both transsexual, and we both still have to deal with the issues that go along with that, despite being completely female now. And we both are dealing with trying to live mostly normal human lives despite having immense power." Mana said.

"Oh." Erica said sheepishly. Then, turning to Sarah, "Do you really want to have kids?"

"Of course! Don't you?" Sarah replied.

"Yes, but how would we go about that? Would you become male again?" Erica asked.

Sarah shuddered, "I don't think I could do that! But there are ways. Artificial insemination, for instance."

"It may be a while before you can learn how, but you should be able to learn to get either of you pregnant in such a way as to have the child be both of yours, genetically." Mana said.

"But my magic doesn't work on Erica." Sarah protested.

"It doesn't have to. Your bond is what will make it possible." Mana replied.

"That sounds a lot better than artificial insemination!" Erica said.

Sarah nodded, "Yes, it sure does! I wonder how long it will take for me to learn how to do that..."

"Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves, Sarah, we haven't even gotten married yet!" Erica said.

"Your approach to your powers seems to be intuitive. You'll probably learn how when you're ready to have children." Mana said.


 To Be Continued…

up
87 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Venus cursed

Another good chapter Saless, keep them coming. I really enjoy your storyline.

Thanks Joni!

Thanks Joni! :)

Saless 


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

So I was right, at least partially

There was a Master Manipulator among Mana's siblings. Life, the youngest one. And it stands to reason ce is the most resourceful one, as Life and its variations are infinitier than anything else, save Magic (and even then I'm not so sure about it). Hmmm, if we go there, we have to discuss a little about what powers do siblings have.

Time - must have a portfolio of Permanency (Eternity, Perpetuality) and Change (Enthropy, Development)
Magic - a 'jack-of-all-trades, master of none, better than master of one'.
Life - hir forte will be Diversity and Adaptation, meaning ce will be nearly impossible to nail down and extremely pesky. I think, of all Mana's siblings, Life is most likely to get it in the end - by 'getting hir hand caught in a cookie jar' - while initiating/backing an organisation of lesser beings turned aganist Mana's cared ones.

Faraway

On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

No need for males?

There are some technological solutions that will probably be available in our lifetimes. It will probably come after the first truly successful mammalian clone.* Most likely, the process will start with the fission of a single cell -- except that the chromosomes will not be replicated. This is done naturally in the ovaries and the testes. Then, the (in the case of humans) 23 chromosomes will either be implanted in a sperm cell and used to fertilize and egg, or directly used to fertilize the egg.

There are a number of variations on the theme.

Ray Drouillard

* As fans of Dolly the sheep know, we have cloned mammals. The resultant animals tend to not be healthy, unfortunately.

* Some animals are easy to clone. Cut an earthworm in two, and each half has a fighting chance of surviving and growing. We routinely clone plants by taking cuttings. In fact, almost all cultivated fruit trees, bushes, and woody vines are clones, as are cultivated strawberry plants.

So would any baby

of Sarah and Erica have magical powers?...... And if they had Sarah's power to go through portals how would you ever keep track on them?

Still i suppose having a baby when you have magical powers would make life a lot easier, And just think of all the free baby supply's in the empty world,Even going on holiday would be easy.....Just step through a portal and you are there.....No tired crying children....Bliss!!!

Kirri

Would their children have magical powers?

Yes, I think so. After all, magic is awakening in this universe. Vash said that, at some time not too far in the future, more or less everybody will have magical powers.

In addition, Sarah and Erica might be able to considerably boost their children's power over the average level. (And if they can't do it themselves they still can ask Mana for help, if they have a way to contact her.)

But would they have powers while they are babies? No idea. In many story universes, magical powers don't develop or become active until you are somewhat grown up. (The idea of a three-year-old throwing a tantrum using fireballs is probably just too mind-boggling). However, I've also found story universes where powers start to develop right after birth, making those children truly a match for their parents. ;-)

Anyway, that's for Saless to decide (or find out).

--- Martin

That's a hard one. On the

That's a hard one. On the one hand, if they have magic in them, why wouldn't it show up right away? On the other, it would likely be totally uncontrolled and cause all kinds of problems! Then again, that could make it kind of fun, too.

But here's another thought for all of you: Mana said the child could be genetically both of theirs. But Erica has the chrysalis... ;)

Saless 


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

OK. But I Wonder

If Sarah and her beloved would have children with their powers, and what gender would they be? Could they raise an army of OmniSouls to conquer creation?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

I bet you not!

They will have to face an army of Forces Jrs courtesy of Mana and her daughters.
Now that the subject is up, who was the other parent?

Faraway

On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Other parent?

I almost gave that, and a few other things, away in this chapter, but I managed to reign myself in. Have to have some secrets to reveal in CoM, after all! ;)

Saless 


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

You know you love it!

Surely we have known that Mana has kids, but not telling us who's the father?! You must be doing something right! Oh, if it is not a heavy toll on the storyline, can you tell us just a few things:
1)Is the other parent alive and well?
2)We have already met Rain and another of the sisters - in the prologue. When were they born (like, 2nd and 5th, or 1st and 4th)?
3)Will they have a lot of fun, antics and shenanigans in CoM? ^_^

Faraway

On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Okay, I think I can answer

Okay, I think I can answer these okay:

  1. Yes
  2. Draca is the first born, Rain is the youngest.
  3. Yes, there will be plenty of fun with them!

Saless 


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Sarah isn't insane enough ...

... to conquer creation, I think. And her friends will keep her grounded if she's ever in danger to turn insane enough.

Whatever gender they will be, at least they won't have to live with the wrong body (except if they are unlucky enough to be a transsexual Null).

--- Martin

Transsexual Null...

is a scary thought. But, there would still be the medical approach, so it's not as bad as some characters have it. Now if that didn't work either, that would be horrible!

Saless 


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Maybe ...

... a technology similar to the chrysalis could be used for a sex change (and other changes of the body, if desired).
Someone should drop a hint or two with the R&D people of that universe. :-)

--- Martin

Now that you put it this way

I wonder just how much of TS there decide to forego the life-saving treatment because it would seal their fate?
OTOH, the chrysalis is supposed to transform the person in a true version of one's self, and I do remember how the Big Bad turned out in the alternate ending. Also, since the chrysalis also replaces the brain (who said it's not?!) maybe it deals with the problem in a different venue altogether.

Faraway

On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Another good read.

You keep it interesting. I imagine that Sarah can clone or combing hers and Erica's DNA/ Chromosomes to beget progeny. Whatever gender they are, I believe, Sarah and Erica will make good parents. Before kids, we have a wedding to get through. Do you think Sarah will be come a Bridezilla?

Maybe we can start a poll, who will get married first Sarah and Erica or Simon and Cathy in EAFOAB?

Hugs,
Trish-Ann
~There is no reality, only perception~

Hugs,
Trish Ann
~There is no reality, only perception~

Sarah as Bridezilla?

Scary! ;)

At the rate they're going, I don't think Simon and Cathy will beat Erica and Sarah to the altar. Then again, if I keep having (story) days that take half a dozen chapters or more to get through, they just might!

Saless 


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America