Venus Cursed! - Chapter 2

Printer-friendly version
Venus_Cursed_4.jpg
by Saless
Chapter 2

Once again Sean woke even more tired than when he went to sleep. What a dream! he thought. He dragged himself into the bathroom, hoping a cold shower would wake him up. It helped a little, but not much. After getting dressed he stumbled into the kitchen and made himself breakfast. He also brewed up some tea. He didn't normally drink it, but he figured he needed the caffeine!

By the time he was done with his breakfast and tea it was time for work. I hope I can stay awake through the day!

Work was miserable. He seemed to be getting all the most idiotic, computer illiterate customers today! He was in danger of falling asleep while talking to them. He'd never been happier to see the end of a work day in his life.

He picked up another tea at Starbucks on his way home, just to stay awake for the drive. When he got there Mike and Jill were waiting for him. "What's up guys?" he asked.

Jill took one look at him and exclaimed, "Are you alright?!"

He smiled weakly. "I had another one of those dreams. I've been running on caffeine all day."

She frowned, "We've got to get some real food in you or you're going to be sick! Come on, I made lasagna. I know how much you like it." she said, grabbing him by the arm and dragging him towards their apartment. Mike followed, bemused.

Jill hustled Sean into their apartment and onto a seat at the table in the kitchen. Mike carried over the lasagna while Jill retrieved plates, forks, and knives. She cut out a large piece of lasagna for Sean and set it on a plate in front of him. "Now you're going to eat all of that, and maybe another piece, too, right?" she demanded more than asked.

Sean nodded, he knew better than to argue with Jill when she was like this. Besides, he did really like lasagna.

Sean did have a second piece. Jill's cooking always met with Sean's approval, especially her lasagna.

"So how's Erica doing?" Jill asked, knowing invoking that name would get his instant attention.

Sean smiled just thinking about her, "She's doing alright. They're keeping her really busy, but you know Erica. If she sets her sights on something, it gets done!"

Jill and Mike laughed. "Yeah, that's Erica for you. That girl could end wars by will power alone!" Mike said with a chuckle.

"Yes, and she's set her sights on you." Jill said pointedly to Sean. He blushed and looked away. Anything even remotely resembling a compliment tended to have that affect on him.

"You're a lucky guy Sean! Not that I could keep up with Erica myself. I'm much happier with my flighty artist!" Mike said, pulling Jill into his lap.

"Who are you calling flighty?" Jill asked archly, slapping Mike on the arm. Sean laughed at their antics, they were always doing stuff like that.

"Sean, we were thinking…" Mike began.

"Uh-oh!" Sean interrupted with a laugh.

Mike frowned and continued, "We don't want you spending so much time by yourself. How about you come over here after work everyday? We can hang out and talk for a while and keep you company."

"And before you object, you can help with making dinner if that makes you feel better." Jill suggested, knowing that Sean liked to cook and was very good at it.

Sean agreed. "OK, but right now I want to get back and IM Erica and then go to bed."

"Sure, good night Sean." Mike replied.

"We'll see you here tomorrow." Jill reminded him and hugged him before he left.

"I hope spending more time with us helps him, he's really washed out." Mike said after Sean left.

"Me too. He's such a sweet guy, but he has no sense of self worth without Erica. I wish I knew why." Jill mused.

"He wasn't exactly well liked at school. His parents told me he came home with scrapes and bruises all the time before he met me. Even a broken bone a couple of times. He usually said it was an accident, but we know better. I wish I'd been there for him all along." Mike said with regret.

"Don't beat yourself up, you kept him safe all through high school. Who knows how bad it would have been without you. I worry that he would have killed himself a long time ago without you and Erica." Jill replied sadly.

Mike wanted to argue with that, but he knew Jill was right. "I guess so. I wish Erica could be here for him now. Not that I blame her, she's doing what she needs to do, but he needs her. Despite what I said to Sean, these six months are going to drag by really slowly for him."

"I'm afraid you're right." Jill agreed as they snuggled up on the couch for some TV.


 
Sean felt a little better after his talk with Mike and Jill. He had been kind of lonely lately. He walked back to his apartment and let himself in. After locking up and getting ready for bed he got back on his computer.

SeanDreamer has logged on
Erica378 has logged on
<SeanDreamer>: Hi Erica, how are you?
<Erica378>: Not bad Sean, how about you?
<SeanDreamer>: I had another of those weird dreams last night. Caffeine's the only thing that kept me going all day.
<Erica378>: You need to stop having those dreams. That's an order! ;)
<SeanDreamer>: An order I'll gladly follow if I can! Mike and Jill met me at my door and dragged me over to their place for lasagna.
<Erica378>: Those two are such good friends, I'll have to remember to thank them for taking care of my baby!
<SeanDreamer>: They are great, aren't they? They want me to go straight over to their place after work everyday.
<Erica378>: I hope you said yes.
<SeanDreamer>: Yeah, I did. Jill's going to let me help out with dinner.
<Erica378>: I miss your cooking! :(
<SeanDreamer>: I miss you so much!
<Erica378>: Me too! I love you!
<SeanDreamer>: I love you more!
<Erica378>: I'd better go now and let you get some sleep.
<SeanDreamer>: I am exhausted. Tomorrow?
<Erica378>: Of course! Talk to you then.
<SeanDreamer>: Talk to you tomorrow!
Erica378 has logged off
SeanDreamer has logged off

Sean shut off his computer and dragged himself heavily over to his bed and flopped in. The movement caused the feather to flutter under his bed, but it remained hidden.


 To Be Continued…
 

up
90 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Interesting

Set up you have here. We have some good clues Sean's dreams are more than just that. They are interfering with his daily functioning and even dangerous given Dream #2. Just where is this going?

Hugs!

grover

Thanks!

This story is going everywhere! ;) Thanks grover!

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Wow I really like the way

Wow I really like the way you've done the dreams separate from the main chapters. This story seems so fascinating!

Thanks! I got the idea from

Thanks! I got the idea from doing my KittyHawk Tails, which method was inspired by Nancy Cole's Lyon in Waiting, via Puddin'. I'm glad you're liking it, I have sooo much planned out for this!

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America