Venus Cursed! - Chapter 80

Printer-friendly version
Venus_Cursed_4.jpg
by Saless
Chapter 80

They sat back and watched the game after that. Erica gave Mike a run for his money, much to Jill and Sarah's surprise, but he still won. "Well, it looks like it's time to go." Mike said when he looked at the clock. Sarah reluctantly got up when Erica prodded her and they headed out to Sarah's car. Tiffany remembered at the last minute to hide and wait until they were all out before letting herself out as she would have if she hadn't revealed herself to them.

Once outside she hurried to her car and followed them as discreetly as she could. Sarah had given her directions, of course, but she had to seem like she didn't know where she was going.

It was a long drive and Sarah's fears only grew as they approached her childhood home. Erica held her in the backseat while Vash purred away in her lap and she eventually fell asleep. Erica was reluctant to wake her when they arrived and waited until the others were all out of the car before doing so. "We're here honey, time to get up." she said softly when Sarah opened her eyes.

Sarah groaned, but got up and climbed reluctantly out of the car. She held Erica's hand tightly as they walked up to the door. Mike knocked and Sarah's mother answered the door. "Hi Mike, how are you? Come on in!" she said cheerfully. She stood back and watched as they all walked in and then frowned when she didn't see Sean. "Where's Sean?"

"Uh, I'm right here Mom." Sarah said weakly. Erica gave her hand a squeeze and sent all the encouragement and love she could through their bond. She seemed to straighten up a bit at that.

Sarah's mother frowned and took a closer look at Sarah. "You do look kind of like Sean, but you're not him! Now quit playing around and tell me where my son is!" she demanded, anger creeping into her voice.

Erica sighed, "She's telling the truth, she really is Sean. Though she goes by Sarah now."

"She's always felt like a girl, Mrs. Kinsley. This really is your daughter." Jill said.

Sarah was cringing away from her mother, expecting an attack at any moment. "That can't be Sean, can it?" her mother said in disbelief. She looked more closely at her and dropped onto the couch. "Is that really you?" she asked in confusion.

"Uh, yeah, Mom. It's me." Sarah said. She was also confused, as her mother didn't seem the least bit antagonistic. Confused, but not angry at all!

"You look so similar, and yet so different. How did this happen?" Sarah's mother asked.

Following their plan, Jill outlined what's involved in transitioning, even though Sarah went through none of it. "And you really felt like a girl all your life?" she asked.

They all exchanged confused glances. "I wouldn't have thought this would come as a surprise, considering how you reacted before." Erica said with ill concealed anger.

Mrs. Kinsley looked confused and said, "Reacted before? What are you talking about? Sean's never told me he felt like a girl before."

"What about the time you nearly strangled her because she was wearing some of your old clothes?" Erica growled.

"What?! I never did that!" Mrs. Kinsley exclaimed in shock.

"Oh come on!" Erica exclaimed angrily. "We know you did! Sarah has a very clear memory of it, along with you threatening to have her father rape her if she ever wore female clothes again!"

"She WHAT?!" Mr. Kinsley roared as he entered the room. "I would never do that!"

Erica snorted, "Yeah, right! Like we're going to believe that after you beat her for years!"

Mrs. Kinsley looked even more shocked and confused at that. "What are they talking about George?" she asked.

"It's nothing Mary." He replied negligently. "I'm more concerned with where Sean is? I thought he was coming today, not just his friends."

"I'm right here Dad." Sarah said weakly.

He snorted, "You're several inches shorter than Sean, it's impossible for you to be him! Now where is he?"

Sarah groaned, for some reason she hadn't even considered the possibility that they wouldn't believe she was Sean. "It really is me, Dad. Mom believed me, why don't you?" she asked.

Her father snorted again, "She probably forgot her meds again! It's quite clearly impossible for you to be Sean. Why are you doing this? Is Sean too afraid to face us?"

Sarah slapped her hands over her eyes in irritation. She took several deep breaths and took her hands down and found everyone was staring at her in shock. "What?" she asked, only to stop in shock herself, as her voice was clearly male! She looked down and her clothes were stretched awkwardly in places by her now male body. She "eeped" in surprise and fainted dead away.

"Okay, maybe that was Sean, after all. What in the world's going on here?!" Mr. Kinsley demanded.

Erica ignored him and ran over to Sarah's side. To her surprise, she was distressed to see her as Sean again. I really do prefer her as a girl, I guess. she thought. Mike helped her get Sarah settled on the couch. Sean looked so strange in Sarah's clothes, and Erica knew she'd be very upset when she woke up. She could only hope she could change back at will now, like they'd thought.

"Is anyone going to explain how Sean looked like a girl several inches shorter than him?" Mr. Kinsley asked irritably.

"Magic." Jill said simply as she also checked on Sarah. "Do you think she'll be able to change back?" she asked Erica anxiously.

Erica shrugged, "I sure hope so! Neither of us will be happy if she's stuck like this." Jill looked at her in surprise and then nodded.

"Please tell me what's going on with my son?" Mrs. Kinsley begged, clearly confused by what was going on.

"Why is it that you don't seem to remember finding Sarah in your clothes?" Mike asked Sarah's mother.

"Because I never did!" she replied.

"When was this supposed to have happened?" Mr. Kinsley asked.

"When Sarah was twelve or so." Mike replied.

"Well that explains it, that's before we found out about Mary's condition." Mr. Kinsley said.

"Condition?" Mike said, confused because he couldn't remember ever hearing about Sarah's mother having any kind of condition.

"Sean doesn't know about it. Mary has a medical condition that causes a chemical imbalance in her brain. She was having episodes of extreme emotions and then would forget everything that happened during those episodes. She keeps it under control with medication, she hasn't had an episode in years." Mr. Kinsley replied.

"So, Mrs. Kinsley, how do you feel about Sarah being a girl?" Jill asked, looking at Sarah's mother in a whole new light.

"I just want my son to be happy. But how did he change like that?" she replied.

"Like I said, magic. Marvin's not around Tiffany, go ahead and show yourself." Jill said. A darkened corner of the room suddenly brightened as the shadows melted away and Tiffany stepped out of them.

"Hi, I'm a friend of Sarah's. My name's Tiffany." she said to the startled Kinsleys.

"Uh, hello. How did you do that?" Mrs. Kinsley asked. In answer Tiffany called the shadows back and they surrounded her, leaving nothing visible but a wall of darkness. Then she released them and became visible again.

"Magic, like Jill said. All of us have magical abilities now, thanks to Sarah." Tiffany said.

"Michael, why don't you get my son into some proper clothes." Mr. Kinsley said with a disgusted glance at Sarah.

"She is wearing proper clothes. And when she wakes up I'm sure she'll change back. And you'd better have an apology ready for her when she does." Mike said angrily.

"Apology?! Why should I apologize?" Mr. Kinsley replied.

"Oh, I don't know, how about for terrorizing her? For beating her over and over again?" Mike replied. He was getting red in the face he was so angry, and one of his hands had become a dragon's claw again.

"I was just trying to teach him to be a man. Obviously I failed. Mary, let me know when that has left, I'll be in the back." he said with a dismissive wave at Sarah and left the room.

"Leave him alone for now." Jill said, putting her hand on Mike's shoulder as he looked ready to tear Mr. Kinsley's head off. Both his hands were dragon claws now and metallic scales were appearing all over his arms and face. She projected calm to him and he slowly regained control, changing back to normal as he did.

"Thanks Jill, I don't know what I'd do without you." he said. He dropped into a chair with a sigh.

"Michael?" Mrs. Kinsley said weakly. "Is what you said true? Did my husband really beat my son?"


 
To Be Continued…

up
93 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thats what you get

when you're away for a day....Two for the price of one!!! So with that in mind here's my two for one comment !!!

We all knew that sooner or later Sarah would once again become Sean, Just not when it would happen , So i suppose it was always likely that when the change took place, It would be in a place of maximum embarrasment, And what better place than in front of your parents!!!

Two things come to mind....Does Sarah have total control over her changes? Or are they something that happens at times of great stress? And should Sarah carry a spare set of clothes in case she accidently split's her old one's(aka The Hulk).

Kirri

I don't think she'll be too

I don't think she'll be too happy if she's changing often enough to warrant that! ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

An easy way is

To get a set of easily stretcheable garments created specifically with shapechangers in mind. Two places come to mind off the drop of the hat:
1)Uryom all-purpose suits from El Goonish Shive webcomic - they were actually introduced with this purpose in mind, even!
2)Freiza Corps armor from Dragonball Z. If it can accomodate Sayans in both their human and Monkey Frenzy states... You know it is effective!

Faraway

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

I'm concerned

Frank's picture

I'm starting to understand how Saless thinks...I knew for certain, and had a feeling for a while now that Sean would be back when they went to the 'rents...*sigh* I think I need help...LOL

Well, the good thing is we know that Erica and Sean can have babies :)

Hugs

Frank

Welcome to my world...

Welcome to my world... Mwuahahahaha! ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Hey, I'm here too!

And I like it. It's cosy here!

Faraway

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

So, you're throwing is a curveball, Saless, ye bilge-rat, arrrh!

Sorry, Pirate talk again.

Hum, Mom claims not to remember any cross dressing or beatings/assaults by her or dad and dad denies the beatings at first then confirms it but almost laughs it off as trying to make a man out of Sean/Sarah?

Hum? Daddy Dearest claims mom has some weird mental disease that makes her memories unreliable/.see things except when she's on her meds?

Did mom confront the bastard after one of the beatings and he got a friendly quack to prescribe happy pills that have rendered her weak willed, compliant and forgetful. like strong tranquilizers or even narcotics?

Time to help mom clear her mind and to girlyfy dad. That or let Mike castrate him then heal him with the healing water, sans his *brain*. Clearly daddy thinks with THAT organ and not the mush in his skull.

Sarah suddenly becoming Sean again was a shocker, even Erica now prefers Sarah but that does mean if they want children Sarah can do the dead, as Erica can IF their bond allows Sarah's sex changing touch to affect her. Hum, now that the barriers are down, could Sarah remain Sarah except for those parts needed to sire a child? Erica loves the person that was Sean, is Sarah and is now Sean again but now prefers Sarah as does Sarah.
It would be nice if they could enjoy the best of both worlds. Plus it would drive Daddy Dearest nuts.

Seems obvious now that Dad was the ass**le in the family and mom as much a victim as Sarah. Hum, can Sarah's magic or something they discover help Mom? Perhaps make her young again and give her a chance at true happiness and not the drug induced haze it appears her husband has foisted on her.

Oh, nasty idea, get several chrysalises and use Daddy as a test animal. bet he or her turns out ugly and Mom lovely. Erica, you don't need the chrysalis, don't chance it,, you are fine as you are, Sarah sure thinks so. Oh simply keelhaul the scurvy blaggard ... Aaaaarh!
Bofffo chapter, Saless.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Well of course, things

Well of course, things weren't complicated enough, were they? ;)

Thanks John! ^_^

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

How much does Sarah know

About what was happening between her Mom and sperm donor? It seems that her mother was always trying to spend as little time at home as possible, always coming back from work second. Coincidence or intentional? And we don't know how they met, became a husband and wife, and what was happening in the time Sarah was away. I have a feeling that the lack of a usual beatee does not prevent beaters from desiring beatings to commence, so... Daddy Dearest keeping Mom on some psychotropics is not too long of a stretch for me. In fact, if he indeed does that is it possible that he fed her some mood swings inducing drugs before?

And now, Marvin is not the only danger - DD will have no qualms about telling everyone who asks about his queer 'no son of mine'. And if you think, Marvin himself is not a villain of the story - his superiors, politicians, Black Ops and the like are - Marvin is only a provider of intel for them. Convincing him of keeping the group a secret is possible - convincing his superiors of steering clear of the group is not.

Faraway

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Now We Know The Truth

And that sperm donor is STILL a creep! If Sarah/Sean was to touch him and 'girl' him, THAT would be justice. But can the healing water heal mom of her condition?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Yep, Sarah's mom may be

Yep, Sarah's mom may be okay, but her dad's a creep and a half! And to think, I originally had Sarah's parents as totally accepting... ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Mom's off the hook.

Dad is, at best, a misguided male -- something that is all too common.

I wonder what Dad is up to. He might be calling someone on the phone. I hope our two conscious mental experts are listening in.

I feel sorry for mom. Her condition did something that seriously damaged her relationship with Sarah. That can almost surely be repaired, but they will never get all those years back.

Even harder for her is the fact that she just found out that her beloved husband has been beating her son/daughter. Her life partner has just become revealed as a monster. That will be almost impossible to repair, and will only happen if he makes a complete turn-around. Forgiveness will be very difficult to give, though it is in Sarah's best interest to do so.

I got it! I got it!

Find a way to shift Marvin's attention to Dad. Hide terrorist type stuff in his car. Spook him so that he drives off. Ka-girl him and send him to Gor. (Now, Mom has the house.) During the inevitable interview, cook up a story where Dad tried to coerce them into involving themselves in some shady deal.

Not necessarily in that order, of course.

Meanwhile, take Mom on their adventures and see what kind of magic power she gets.

Mom already loves Mike and Jill, and will probably warm up to Erica very quickly. I can see her bonding with Tiffany and maybe helping to fill that mom-sized hole in her heart. I can also see Mom doing lots of mother-daughter things with Sarah.

It's time to figure out how to fence some of those treasures, because I see some retail therapy coming on.

Love how the Story is going!

As they used to say on Laugh-In " Very Interesting." This meeting with Sean/Sarah's parents wasn't what I expected. You surprised me. I like how you handled this meeting, at least the start. Her mother's illness and resulting memory lapses, but her father is still a s**t. Now we know a situation where Sarah can become Sean. Are there others? How are they going to deal with Her father? Good way to keep us coming back for more.

On another note, I think it's great you are expanding your writing beyond SciFi/Fantasy. Great writers/artists are always looking for ways to expand their talent. Taking your muse into unfamiliar territory lets you experiment. Whether you succeed or fail, you learn. As that great renowned Philosopher Murphy once stated. 'There is no such thing as a complete failure, It can always be used as an example of what not to do.'

I find there are only 2 groups of people that never make mistakes: 1. Those who never try to do anything, and 2. Those who keep repeating themselves. (Doing the same thing over and over does reduce mistakes, but may or may not accomplish any thing.) Experimenting with something new or different means that you will make some miss-stakes, but it is the only way to grow and expand your abilities and talents.

I really enjoyed 'Breaking Point'. I though it a delightful success. It let you explore a world where you had to be real. You couldn't just use magic resolve the situation or get the characters out of trouble. Having Sarah's abilities would make life easier, but if the abilities became wide spread enough for me to acquire them, then a whole bunch of other problems would exist.

My only complaint is you are becoming too prolific in your postings. I find it amazing with the frequency of episodes you post that you still maintain a quality product. Keeping the stories plausible and your characters believable.

Thanks for sharing your stories with us.

Hugs,
Trish-Ann
~There is no reality, only perception~

PS: Due to RL time constraints, I can't comment on every episode, so you'll get these sporadic mind dumps.

Hugs,
Trish Ann
~There is no reality, only perception~

Thanks Trish-Ann! I'm glad

Thanks Trish-Ann! I'm glad you liked Breaking Point, I was a little nervous about it and am thrilled with how well received it's been! Don't worry if you can't comment on every episode, I'll take whatever I can get! ;)

I've surprised myself with how willing I am to try writing different things. I'll probably stick with fantasy and sci-fi for the most part, but I'm sure I'll re-visit the real world from time to time. Especially if I always get this kind of reaction!

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America